Re: New Finances (Loans / Contracts)

The second point is harsh' date=' but probably that what will push the game forward and makes GW alive again with no club too dominated with that farming youth(:rolleyes:) thing.[/quote']

If they really want stop from hogging player for me the squad cap is the only valid solution.

I don't love the squad cap as idea, but it's better a definitely squad cap that a continue increase of the wages or other introductions like concern..

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Finances

Re: Finances I guess the glory days are over then. No more making a fortune out of every riser possible!! Actually, I hope some of these new features do make money worth something again, but for tha

Re: New Finances (Loans / Contracts) Is this thread not getting mixed up with the 'Player Valuation in P/E Transfers' thread?

If they really want stop from hogging player for me the squad cap is the only valid solution.

I don't love the squad cap as idea' date=' but it's better a definitely squad cap that a continue increase of the wages or other introductions like concern..[/quote']

I disagree and think what they are actually doing is a step towards the right way about handling "player hogging", squad size and finances in general. As Vicky has said this way will lead to a more natural squad capping due to financial restraints. It really is that simple. if you can afford to, you should be able to buy/keep them if you can't then you deserve to have to sell them. There's no need to dumb the game down with squad caps plucked from thin air.

On top of Raising wages, introduce player achievement concerns (if they are not winning enough trophy's based on their skill level then it adds to their concern level)

Too many managers seem to view it that once they have signed someone they should be able to keep them for the rest of there time playing the game if they want to. Just because you manage to sign a talent when they come on the database doesn't mean that player should stay at your club forever. Players in real life want to win trophies and so should the players on the game. If they arn't achieving that at your club then that 94 rated player you managed to sign for your little club when he was rated 75 should want and be able to move on. Likewise if a 94 rated player at a big club isn't winning enough silverware compared to the quality at the club then he too would look to move on and try and win silverware elsewhere. It would all be part and parcel of managing your club with success rewarded and failure penalised no matter what size club and level of realistic ambition your club holds.

I disagree and think what they are actually doing is a step towards the right way about handling "player hogging"' date=' squad size and finances in general. As Vicky has said this way will lead to a more natural squad capping due to financial restraints. It really is that simple. if you can afford to, you should be able to buy/keep them if you can't then you deserve to have to sell them. There's no need to dumb the game down with squad caps plucked from thin air.

On top of Raising wages, introduce player achievement concerns (if they are not winning enough trophy's based on their skill level then it adds to their concern level)

Too many managers seem to view it that once they have signed someone they should be able to keep them for the rest of there time playing the game if they want to. Just because you manage to sign a talent when they come on the database doesn't mean that player should stay at your club forever. Players in real life want to win trophies and so should the players on the game. If they arn't achieving that at your club then that 94 rated player you managed to sign for your little club when he was rated 75 should want and be able to move on. Likewise if a 94 rated player at a big club isn't winning enough silverware compared to the quality at the club then he too would look to move on and try and win silverware elsewhere. It would all be part and parcel of managing your club with success rewarded and failure penalised no matter what size club and level of realistic ambition your club holds.[/quote']

thats just it its not fair. Smaller clubs cant improve and move forward now making most the clubs unmanageable

thats just it its not fair. Smaller clubs cant improve and move forward now making most the clubs unmanageable

I agree and that's why like a lot of others I think the Stadium AND attendance issue's need to be looked at to enable a fair playing field.

also i know this isn't exactly on the same wave length as contracts etc' date=' but it does regard a rather major "loop hole" issue which is becoming more and more frequently a problem in gameworlds particularly gold champs

managers bid on unmanaged teams players then after they bid on there target they quickly offer said club out to someone else who has no intention of actually taking over the club,

the problem is with this is it allows the already made bid by said manager to be completed while not allowing anyone else to either bid for same player or any other in that team basically allowing said manager to buy freely from any team they want for min. price

personally think this needs looking at more than anything at the moment, my solution would be that as soon as a team is offered out any on going transfers are cancelled the same way as if a new manager takes over a team, allowing the negotiations to continue in this manner is leaving a very bitter taste in alot of managers mouths.

[/font']

I did not know about this until I read this earlier today and think think this deserves a bump as its a terrible loophole that I think everyone can agree needs addressing quickly. Any comment on this SM Devs?

So is this applicable to Current Custom GWs too? or just SM owned GWs?

With the match engine being super laughable in its current state' date=' what exactly is left in SM to offer.

Squad cap is the best way to go forward.[/quote']

Well I think that this is not a problem for squad cap.

SM could applied this in all the world owned (the big majority) and leave this as option for GW personalized, leaving the choice at the start of every season to the buyer of GW.

For me not introduce the squad cap is the demonstration that SM doesn't want really resolve hogging player.

They could at least try in a few GW at start..

I'm sorry to say but all of you saying Squad Cap is better than a wage increase are totally wrong.

It's quality of player in the end that counts' date=' not quantity.

Would you rather be Barcelona with 21 players, squad worth 500 mill

or

Would you rather be PAOK with 210 players, squad worth 500 mill?

Squad cap isn't going to solve anything in terms of having good players spread out over a variety of clubs more. I can easily just have 50 of the highest players in SM.

It's a good idea (one that I once backed) but doesn't achieve anything in terms of spreading the quality of the players more evenly across all GWs.[/quote']

I think that I prefer a GW with a team like Barça and 21 players, squad worth 500M like in reality, that a GW with a team like Panathinaikos and 210 players, that block the market and the possibility to improve my team buying new talent.

U cannot afford have 50 of highest players in SM cause salary and u are constricted to do a squad with some youth to develop e some big players..

In each case, in forum we talk about this really a lot of time and i never see any change in direction of a real squad cap, so i must think that they don't want to introduce something like this.

So what if teams already have the best players. Will they force them to sell?

In all football management games the 'high' is to build your squad, build your team.

Why do I spend years (not seasons) building a team. So that it can be the best. I've been able to buy the players due to the time and effort I have made. If other managers don't have the patience then it's too bad for them.

I can't speak about clubs in Gold Championships as I have never bought Gold membership nor do I ever intend to. I pity some of you who have been playing this game for ages. All that time spent researching and building your squad and now they want to change the rules. In fact I remember some of the guides here for newbies would advise you to buy rising players so that their wages were still low. Managing a Barca or a Madrid is way to boring especially since the match engine is pure lottery.

They should make the rate it which the concerns progress faster as far as wages are concerned.

... You don't get my point do you?

If there was NO SALARY INCREASE and instead a SQUAD CAP

There will STILL be the teams that hog all the best players and in no way whatsoever will the inequality of the teams be restricted.

Yes' date=' but with NO SQUAD CAP and only the SALARY INCREASE ..

There will STILL be the teams that hog all the best player because at the end it's simply buy risers and sell to maintain a balance positive.

Especially if u can buy all the riser u want.

I think that salary increase and squad cap are both important.

But SM has many times demonstrate that has another idea..

So what if teams already have the best players. Will they force them to sell?

In all football management games the 'high' is to build your squad, build your team.

Why do I spend years (not seasons) building a team. So that it can be the best. I've been able to buy the players due to the time and effort I have made. If other managers don't have the patience then it's too bad for them.

It's not beautiful but for me it's the only real solution to hogging player with salary increase..

And i have some clubs with more of 100 player, because at the end is possible manage them, with loans and selling risers.. so also for me could became a problem decide who sell and who keep.

Hyina,

This makes sense with big clubs. What about really small clubs.

I have a total wage bill of 1.1 m a week. I still lose on average 800k a week (home game). I do have some super high rated players who I have worked, traded, scouted, etc.. to finally get. Now If my Ronaldo who's current wage is 105k pw goes to 140 a week and Busquets goes to almost 100k that an increase of 5 percent on my weekly wage just because SM thinks I am hogging players. (Which I am not and it's not possible)

What rule currently stops a club from operating in a loss. Supposed I build a kik-ass squad, I can just keep playing and let the losses amount. Does the chairman step in and ask me to sell players?

Hyina' date='

This makes sense with big clubs. What about really small clubs.

I have a total wage bill of 1.1 m a week. I still lose on average 800k a week (home game). I do have some super high rated players who I have worked, traded, scouted, etc.. to finally get. Now If my Ronaldo who's current wage is 105k pw goes to 140 a week and Busquets goes to almost 100k that an increase of 5 percent on my weekly wage just because SM thinks I am hogging players. (Which I am not and it's not possible)

What rule currently stops a club from operating in a loss. Supposed I build a kik-ass squad, I can just keep playing and let the losses amount. Does the chairman step in and ask me to sell players?[/quote']

I think the only negative is that you cant do transfers (not sure about player exchange) when you're in debt.

Wowsers! I added up my uber (95 rated starting 11, 22 man squad) team's incoming wage increases and when they all happen it'l cost me and extra £400k per turn! I shudder to think what my 23k stadium team will be!

I guess money will have a purpose soon, just paying off wages! Mind you that's about £15 million per year so I can just re-buy some 90-ish player and sell him on for that sort of profit to cover that.

I suppose you don't really have to demolish an uber sqaud, just sell the odd player for a nice profit each year to cover it. I certainly wont be selling Xavi for £80 million, I'd rather try and exchange him and Rooney for Ronaldo or Messi. Cash will still mostly be worthless except to the new managers who don't realise..

Small clubs will find it harder but that's sort of the point of the challenge! At least they have it better than before the unmanaged loans system where you could only loan out players managed teams actually wanted i.e. no one lower than a high 80s rating...

ALL THOSE PROBLEMS LET ME COLD.

The only problem I have is that there is simply no possibility of your club in the original condition to maintain, without being punished.

Some people play the game differently, and are not necessarily always the case for top players want to buy, but I want to keep my favorite team, with the original players, right and the ability to also maintain this as long as they all always at your club play in real life, without a punishment those players are simply at your club,and that option is not offered, you are forced to run right to sell these players though are still in really belong to your club, even on loan is not possible as many smaller clubs the chairman does not allow, although also these players really are lent, even under a certain amount of players then grabs the chairman in, and that is no longer manage your team, as well as wages, the manager must have the last word, and not vice versa.

A player who is among the top talents are, simply have a good salary, behold nothing wrong there, but then you have the line draw prize, participation in the SMFA Champions Cup, would alone should yield 15 million, only to participation, and more profit each round, just like in the real champions cup.

Then there's the other cup west drive, there must be an entry fee, and more profit per round, same thing here als in the Champions cup but less... the loser earns tens of millions though in real life... the winner a lot more.., but you must give a take, SM is now taking a bit too much, and gives little back.

There are just too many mistakes in this game, and ever again repair their own mistakes, which have made ​​it possible for players to lend, are making it possible to continue to change due to the oversupply of team make it possible game worlds that happen to be bought up by other managers because there is simply a shortage of managers in these worlds.

so it's really not hard to build a strong team but the logicia behind it all, does it make sense to full your squad whit 25 ...92 + players, even Barcelona has it not, but the possibility should have come to you to maintain without being punished. yours own youth, those who really belong to your club, but is not.

Purchase of players who do not belong to your club, makes it harder, more higher wages, or even even higher transfer rates ....

a limitation of players, is not necessary, if they take the necessary steps to make a drastic intervention and not always have their own mistakes trying to straighten sorry but that is no solution.

Private players should not be punished and not give you the option to preserve it as long as the player is connected, just like in real life, this player sold, once located on the club will have to also maintain this difficult and any effort to ask you anyway to save him, to keep him in your squad, but the actual bill will be more...than before.

Provides a good balance between the small and big clubs, gives everyone the same starting money, and does not distinguish between different teams, but make a distinction by DIV. the frist div hve more than the div 2, and so one... you hit forward, the more money you earned to start in a higher DIV ., to the cup competitions , you are instead, there would be an entry fee should be given, and higher earnings per round, pull these prices up, and reduced the number of available game worlds.

Provide a better balance between the clubs, clubs with a small stadium, should be allowed to work himself up to a certain extent, the possibility can be done by better performance by giving more money or sponor TV rights, for the lower clubs, and just to and this to a predetermined ceiling heights, the maxium what you can achieve by winning games, to win trophies and advance to a higher div. to play champion ,etc., the possibilities are numerous enough, but not used. to give smaller clubs a better chance against the bigger clubs, they can also take advantage, but here come than the predetermined ceiling between.

With more stuffed toy worlds, the possibilities are so limited for everyone to buy again all the talents , and again to make them even more expensive, by higher wage.

sorry but only an entire reversal of the current rules may eventually provide the solution, now it is still mopping with the tap fully open.

and all the opportunities given by SM even, this just can not just straighten, there are still far too many opportunities.

I also speak to my own business, but the only difference between you is that 8 of 10 of my worlds I just no 90 + players buy , and yet over and over again in the top 3 finishes for not to say more on the first place...

but what it gives my satisfaction, is the search for top talent, youth players, but I also let those play, not always but, again and again I search for good yough talent, and the lesser I sell back at a small profit, but for me sufficient, I just have no interest in the 90 + players, have more than enough evidence that you really do not need the 90+ players to win some games , to win some trophies, to win the champion,etc..

eventually the manager should have the last word, not the chairman, wages for players who do not belong to your club, can safely be higher, the ability to maintain your own youngh players would also be without being penalized .

ensures better distribution of prize money, entry fee, provides an opportunity to work himself up to a predetermined limit, and finally creates more filled worlds, to shrink, the number of available Worlds

ensures better and lesser punishment on your own club players, but more on purchased, so that should be made, ultimately choosing this player is still responsible for your club, makes for a real football manager game, and not a worthless game, such as it goes toward ..this direction.

More managers per world, ensures better stability, better challenges, and more stress ... lol,

but how it's going now, it is not, and it will never come, because it just is not there, everyone or almost everyone choose for the top teams, because there's better money and better players are, but many players simply do not have the value they deserve, still refer once and for all that face of discrimination between countries, and gives the players the real value they deserve

that complemented with more options, as described, and there is a balance between the smaller and larger clubs, a balance between expenditure and earnings, a balance between purchase or own yough players...new youth players would just go automatically to their own club , and not offered als free trans, so the choice is to the manager keep him or sell him.

more managers per world, and a better balance between the smaller and larger clubs, will only himself to shrinking purchasing players, and gives it a challenge to buy a better player, the price sure will however be higher as that a player from their own youth ranks.

50/50 loan basis is good, so still want to go ahead and go to 75% OR 100% for players who do not belong to your club, but whitout no rating cap, and no concerns for players out on loan, in real life many good players are loan out.

Have now written quite a lot, hopefully it's not all junk, but some have a different thought about how a manager game should be played, still think that your own club and private players must be holy, there may simply not to fiddle in procurement, it should be difficult, so it is a real challenge, and no buy,buy, buy asis it now, even a thick team to take over,plenty of games world enough, whit a few managers in and buy ,buy, buy.... but fun is different, gives this a satisfaction to you ? not to me in every case.

thanks, hope you get some idea's out of this.

Just read the first post and yay even more measures made to destroy the best part of the game:

Taking the smallest teams and turning them into the biggest.

Take my Rochdale example who are now in Division 1 for the last few seasons despite having a stadium little over 20k. We constantly finish in the top six and our squad is littered with the likes of Ibrahimovic, Thiago Silva, David Silva, Xavi, Falcao and so on. I can do anything with the squad and havent for many seasons as Ive fallen so much into debt because the teams we compete against at the top of the league have stadiums double, triple ours. Now with these changes my team will fall even more into debt making the game even less fun.

Congratulations SM this might be the final straw that takes someone that has played the game for over 6 years off the edge and quits completely rather than the log in one a week at most Ive fallen down to from logging in about 10 times a day.

^ simply not true.

your club will fail only if you mis manage it.

i have exactly the same situation as you, this is my Dag&Red team.

M.NEUER

J.BOATENG

V.MARCELO

V.KOMPANY

T.SILVA

S.BUSQUETS

T.MÜLLER

L.SUÁREZ

R.FALCAO

L.MOURA

S.AGÜERO

Substitutes

M.TER STEGEN

J.MARTÍNEZ

J.MASCHERANO

M.GÖTZE

L.DAMIÃO

E.HAZARD

É.CAVANI

reserves

R.VARANE

F.COENTRÃO

K.WALKER

C.MARCHISIO

E.OSCAR

A.ISCO

now finances

Season Income £107,746,286

Season Expenditure £63,981,378

Current Balance £73,580,151

my season running costs 45.48M. My Income is 45.05M....a small loss of 430K A YEAR. Not even in Europe so dont even get the money from that yet.

wages is 1.08M.

sell one player for even 2M i can run the club for another 4 seasons. I made 62M in sales this season to external clubs so the club is set for decades now.

I reinvested in a couple of players to send on loan to sell on in the future

how many players do you have? i have 24. more then enough to maintain a small club and do well.....

it makes me laugh when people say they cant manage now with there squad of 40+ players...you dont need 40/50 if you have all the top players

you have answered you own question to why it will fail. You havent done anything about the debt and you have let it spiral......

people have got away with poor wage/financial management for ages, and now its being clamped down on the so called super squads need to be properly managed to make them viable.

Good to see action taken against player hogging.

Huge squads, player hogging - whatever one calls it - is the single reason why hundreds of game worlds are near empty.

But so much more that could be done:

1. Squad size limit of 60

2. Random transfer requests

3. Players leave at the end of their contract (refusing to sign a new one)

4. Structured loans - loan out a player with no recall until the season closes

5. End player exchange deals involving 2 players.

6. Unmanaged clubs won't accept player exchange deals involving players involving low rated players, within 2 or 3 of the player. Eg if you want Gotze, you must offer at least a 90.

7. Speed up player unhappiness. Only have Levels 1 to 3 and make the process twice as fast.

Good to see action taken against player hogging.

Huge squads' date=' player hogging - whatever one calls it - is the single reason why hundreds of game worlds are near empty.

But so much more that could be done:

1. Squad size limit of 60

2. Random transfer requests

3. Players leave at the end of their contract (refusing to sign a new one)

4. Structured loans - loan out a player with no recall until the season closes

5. End player exchange deals involving 2 players.

6. Unmanaged clubs won't accept player exchange deals involving players involving low rated players, within 2 or 3 of the player. Eg if you want Gotze, you must offer at least a 90.

7. Speed up player unhappiness. Only have Levels 1 to 3 and make the process twice as fast.[/quote']

1)squad caps arent the solution as they are impossible to implement on existing GWs. You could on all new GWs forward, but i dont think its the solution.

The new financial rules will naturally 'cap' squads, or at least force them to be trimmed.

2) i think this is harsh. You would at least needs some reason/warning why a player would desire to leave.

3)Again a bit hard to implement. As free agents arent free, how do you 'release' a player for free? 2 solutions to that could be:

You receive 75% of there value, much like signing free agents they cost 75%

OR

i suggested chairman could TL contract expired players and only way to remove from list would be to offer a new contract. But the manager would still have control over whether to accept a bid or not, but refusal to do so could result in the 'unhappy with current contract/wages' concern continue to level up to 5 then automatically leave as exists already...

4) Yep, agree on this. Needs to be at least a 'check-box' option, no recall clause.

5) players exchanges should stay. They are needed for smaller clubs. Also a football agent Sky Andrew was interviewed other day and he reckons these will become more common in the future with FFP coming in....It works in the MLS and he reckons not before long it will start to happen in more and more leagues.

6)Again not viable as smaller clubs need to do exchanges to develop their squad..some low rated players have very high PX values

7) its fine at the moment with 1-5 but could be sped up a little.

just my 2 cents :)

;2595321']1)squad caps arent the solution as they are impossible to implement on existing GWs. You could on all new GWs forward' date=' but i dont think its the solution.

The new financial rules will naturally 'cap' squads, or at least force them to be trimmed.

2) i think this is harsh. You would at least needs some reason/warning why a player would desire to leave.

3)Again a bit hard to implement. As free agents arent free, how do you 'release' a player for free? 2 solutions to that could be:

You receive 75% of there value, much like signing free agents they cost 75%

OR

i suggested chairman could TL contract expired players and only way to remove from list would be to offer a new contract. But the manager would still have control over whether to accept a bid or not, but refusal to do so could result in the 'unhappy with current contract/wages' concern continue to level up to 5 then automatically leave as exists already...

4) Yep, agree on this. Needs to be at least a 'check-box' option, no recall clause.

5) players exchanges should stay. They are needed for smaller clubs. Also a football agent Sky Andrew was interviewed other day and he reckons these will become more common in the future with FFP coming in....It works in the MLS and he reckons not before long it will start to happen in more and more leagues.

6)Again not viable as smaller clubs need to do exchanges to develop their squad..some low rated players have very high PX values

7) its fine at the moment with 1-5 but could be sped up a little.

just my 2 cents :)[/quote']

Thanks for your response. It's pleasant to see a constructive reply, especially from someone so knowledgable about SM

Have to confess that I forgot another rule that should be implemented overnight:

* any manager who ignores a bid from another managed club on the third time they log in then out should have that bid accepted by the chairman behind their back. Just as a penalty for sheer rudeness.

So many times I see new managers leave a game world because they bid for players then have to wait and wait and wait. Then they miss out on other targets and eventually leave, just because of some ignorant little turd of a manager

Thanks for your response. It's pleasant to see a constructive reply' date=' especially from someone so knowledgable about SM

Have to confess that I forgot another rule that should be implemented overnight:

[b']* any manager who ignores a bid from another managed club on the third time they log in then out should have that bid accepted by the chairman behind their back. Just as a penalty for sheer rudeness.

[/b]

So many times I see new managers leave a game world because they bid for players then have to wait and wait and wait. Then they miss out on other targets and eventually leave, just because of some ignorant little turd of a manager

You have to think from both points of view here, consider why these managers are ignoring the bids, for example in one setup I am in a Club with no desirable players in their squad bids cash on some of my best players I reject with insulted (I have £350m+) and another offer comes in with slightly more cash I again reject the offer stating p/e only only for another cash bid to arrive. Why should I be punished for ignoring bids like these?

If you want to sign a player you need to make an offer good enough to tempt the other manager into selling.

Having bids automatically accepted just wouldn't be a good move from SM.

You have to think from both points of view here' date=' consider why these managers are ignoring the bids, for example in one setup I am in a Club with no desirable players in their squad bids cash on some of my best players I reject with insulted (I have £350m+) and another offer comes in with slightly more cash I again reject the offer stating p/e only only for another cash bid to arrive. Why should I be punished for ignoring bids like these?

If you want to sign a player you need to make an offer good enough to tempt the other manager into selling.

Having bids automatically accepted just wouldn't be a good move from SM.[/quote']

Anything done automatically without some sort of warning system that the action is forthcoming would be a huge mistake. The "Concern" system works because managers are given ample opportunity to correct the situation. If any of us logged on and a deal was completed without our approval or a player was transfer listed for no good reason, I have a suspicion all of us would quit the game right then and there.

;2595321']1)squad caps arent the solution as they are impossible to implement on existing GWs. You could on all new GWs forward' date=' but i dont think its the solution.

[/quote']

Why is it impossible for the existing GWs ? They can give managers time till the end of the current season to sell off players till they reach the squad cap limit, and if they dont then the chairman can randomly put em on the transfer list just like it happens with players that reach lvl 5 concern. Maybe you re afraid for your 100+ squad teams? :rolleyes:

Why is it impossible for the existing GWs ? They can give managers time till the end of the current season to sell off players till they reach the squad cap limit' date=' and if they dont then the chairman can randomly put em on the transfer list just like it happens with players that reach lvl 5 concern. Maybe you re afraid for your 100+ squad teams? :rolleyes:[/quote']

Or maybe more realistically, it is because even when I transfer list players, it can take weeks to get a single offer from an unmanaged side. Additionally, what if the season ends in 3 days? There is no way a manager can sell that many players.

And, let's be candid, the fact is that larger clubs in real life own many more players than we like to think. It's called youth academies. Essentially, many SM owners are doing just that, except they aren't in academies because if they were, they wouldn't be in the game yet.

The answer is the financial side of things. Even large clubs are not going to be able to keep rosters of 200+ given the some of the financial changes taking place. As someone on both sides of this argument (I have small clubs with 30 players and large clubs with 200+), there is no doubt the financial side of things will work given a little time. On my larger squads, I have already begun the process of selling players (young and experienced) to make sure I can balance the books down the road. I suspect many others are beginning the same process.

In closing, there is no squad limit in real life. Squads are limited only by the finances of the teams ownership. The same will work in SM given the time and a little tweaking of the numbers (e.g. lowering the prize money for winning SMFA matches).

You have to think from both points of view here' date=' consider why these managers are ignoring the bids, for example in one setup I am in a Club with no desirable players in their squad bids cash on some of my best players I reject with insulted (I have £350m+) and another offer comes in with slightly more cash I again reject the offer stating p/e only only for another cash bid to arrive. Why should I be punished for ignoring bids like these?

Having bids automatically accepted just wouldn't be a good move from SM.[/quote']

And plenty of those managers who are new simply do not yet understand how SM works and how one GW has evolved. They make a bid based on what they think is acceptable. They may not appreciate valuations.

How does manager sign players, if other managers don't acknowledge his or her presence. You won't accept cash and you don't want his players in PE.

To make SM more enjoyable, new managers need to be encouraged to stay, not put off by what is blatant rudeness.

Put simply, there is no possible excuse for ignoring a bid. It takes a matter of seconds to turn it down.

I also recommend a free text box to allow a manager to explain further why the bid is rejected.

And if squad sizes were limited to say 60, there would be more players to share around.

This would be a simple, fair and hugely effective rule to implement. And it would only disadvantage those who should be disadvantaged: managers who have ignored bids

Or maybe more realistically' date=' it is because even when I transfer list players, it can take weeks to get a single offer from an unmanaged side. Additionally, what if the season ends in 3 days? There is no way a manager can sell that many players.

And, let's be candid, the fact is that larger clubs in real life own many more players than we like to think. It's called youth academies. Essentially, many SM owners are doing just that, except they aren't in academies because if they were, they wouldn't be in the game yet.

The answer is the financial side of things. Even large clubs are not going to be able to keep rosters of 200+ given the some of the financial changes taking place. As someone on both sides of this argument (I have small clubs with 30 players and large clubs with 200+), there is no doubt the financial side of things will work given a little time. On my larger squads, I have already begun the process of selling players (young and experienced) to make sure I can balance the books down the road. I suspect many others are beginning the same process.

In closing, there is no squad limit in real life. Squads are limited only by the finances of the teams ownership. The same will work in SM given the time and a little tweaking of the numbers (e.g. lowering the prize money for winning SMFA matches).[/quote']

And in real life, there may be no squad limits but in real life, there are such things are random transfer requests, players leaving because they refuse to sign a new contract and chairmen who buy and sell players whether or not the manager approves.

Actually, there are squad limits in real life. Even the super clubs have limits.

What does people not responding to bids got to do with anything on this thread ? Auto accepting a deal is the worst suggestion I have ever heard .

I also think the new finances are taking a step backwards . All this does is increase the gap between the smaller and larger teams . It's the long term managers that will be getting punished . How can you not expect empty game worlds when every day 10 more are created ? SM create the problem then make it worse trying to fix it.

And plenty of those managers who are new simply do not yet understand how SM works and how one GW has evolved. They make a bid based on what they think is acceptable. They may not appreciate valuations.

How does manager sign players' date=' if other managers don't acknowledge his or her presence. You won't accept cash and you don't want his players in PE.

To make SM more enjoyable, new managers need to be encouraged to stay, not put off by what is blatant rudeness.

Put simply, there is no possible excuse for ignoring a bid. It takes a matter of seconds to turn it down.

I also recommend a free text box to allow a manager to explain further why the bid is rejected.

And if squad sizes were limited to say 60, there would be more players to share around.

This would be a simple, fair and hugely effective rule to implement. And it would only disadvantage those who should be disadvantaged: managers who have ignored bids[/quote']

Mate,

I don't know what kind of experiences you had in your GW but mine would be the exact opposite of yours. I've had new managers come into my GW and make face value (the shown value on the player info) and expect me to sell it to them. Apart from laughing the bid off, i rejected them with 'insulted by this bid' reply as they are often players in my rotation. What really irritates me is that they come back with the same bid or minimally increased bid and expect me to accept it.

In my case, i have been polite enough to reply to their bids so in no way they have been disadvantaged. Secondly, i face the same problem of non-response when i bid for players on other teams that has been recently taken over by newbies or some other managers. I guess i want to say that i understand your frustration but this problem is not something you can resolve so easily and you may not want to lump all non-responsive managers in one basket.

Personally, i strongly advocate a cap on squad sizes. I do have a pretty large squad at 60 (1st team & youngsters) for one of my teams but I am trying to sell off some of the prospects. FYI, my gameworld is so dead that i actually sold Huntelaar off to Schalke without getting anyone in return so i don't feel i am in anyway player hogging. I did that not because i needed money (i have over 300m in the bank) but i feel i can help to manage within my self-imposed cap squad of 50 so make some of the talents available to other teams.

I guess unless squad caps come into force, we are not going to see a quick fix for player hogging.

Cheers,

Roy