Sign in to follow this  
SW Dev (Vicky)

Finances

Re: New Finances (Loans / Contracts)

And in real life' date=' there may be no squad limits but in real life, there are such things are random transfer requests, players leaving because they refuse to sign a new contract and chairmen who buy and sell players whether or not the manager approves.

Actually, there are squad limits in real life. Even the super clubs have limits.[/quote']

Random transfer requests do NOT happen in real life. Transfer requests occur for very obvious and specific reasons: Money, Playing Time, Lack of Trophies. Name 3 times a player has made a transfer request without one of these three reasons being the cause?

Players do refuse to sign new contracts. Why? Money, Playing Time, Lack of Trophies. So, if one of these is an issue, I'd support the player not signing a new contract. Of course, the manager should get a warning via the player's "Concerns" that this is going to occur.

And yes, in real life, the chairman sells/buys players without the manager's input. However, in SM, we are not only the manager, but essentially the chairman also. Basically, we have the power that SAF had at ManU. Nobody was sold/bought without his approval. The only time he was turned down was when the owners decided not to make the funds he wanted available to him (kind of like the chairman does in SM).

And finally, the super clubs have no limits in real life that are not financially based. There is nothing that keeps Chelsea from having a squad of 200. In fact, think of what they did to Florent Malouda just this past season. They paid him 80k a week to not play and made him train with the U21s for the entire year!! So, like most things in life, it really is all about the money...honey.

Random transfer requests do NOT happen in real life. Transfer requests occur for very obvious and specific reasons: Money' date=' Playing Time, Lack of Trophies. Name 3 times a player has made a transfer request without one of these three reasons being the cause?

Players do refuse to sign new contracts. Why? Money, Playing Time, Lack of Trophies. So, if one of these is an issue, I'd support the player not signing a new contract. Of course, the manager should get a warning via the player's "Concerns" that this is going to occur.

And yes, in real life, the chairman sells/buys players without the manager's input. However, in SM, we are not only the manager, but essentially the chairman also. Basically, we have the power that SAF had at ManU. Nobody was sold/bought without his approval. The only time he was turned down was when the owners decided not to make the funds he wanted available to him (kind of like the chairman does in SM).

And finally, the super clubs have no limits in real life that are not financially based. There is nothing that keeps Chelsea from having a squad of 200. In fact, think of what they did to Florent Malouda just this past season. They paid him 80k a week to not play and made him train with the U21s for the entire year!! So, like most things in life, it really is all about the money...honey.[/quote']

Great post, saved me typing , people don't want to compete the proper way they just want to change the rules to make it easier .

What does people not responding to bids got to do with anything on this thread ? Auto accepting a deal is the worst suggestion I have ever heard .

I also think the new finances are taking a step backwards . All this does is increase the gap between the smaller and larger teams . It's the long term managers that will be getting punished . How can you not expect empty game worlds when every day 10 more are created ? SM create the problem then make it worse trying to fix it.

How can punishing pig ignorant, selfish managers be the "worst suggestion" :D:D

Auto accept ONLY would kick in when a manager has ignored a bid,having logged in and out 3 times.

Respond to a bid and nothing would happen.

It is a very sensible and obvious way to deal with rudeness in the GW.

And the reason game worlds remain empty is largely because of rudeness as well as player hogging

Mate' date='

I don't know what kind of experiences you had in your GW but mine would be the exact opposite of yours. I've had new managers come into my GW and make face value (the shown value on the player info) and expect me to sell it to them. Apart from laughing the bid off, i rejected them with 'insulted by this bid' reply as they are often players in my rotation. What really irritates me is that they come back with the same bid or minimally increased bid and expect me to accept it.

In my case, i have been polite enough to reply to their bids so in no way they have been disadvantaged. Secondly, i face the same problem of non-response when i bid for players on other teams that has been recently taken over by newbies or some other managers. I guess i want to say that i understand your frustration but this problem is not something you can resolve so easily and you may not want to lump all non-responsive managers in one basket.

Personally, i strongly advocate a cap on squad sizes. I do have a pretty large squad at 60 (1st team & youngsters) for one of my teams but I am trying to sell off some of the prospects. FYI, my gameworld is so dead that i actually sold Huntelaar off to Schalke without getting anyone in return so i don't feel i am in anyway player hogging. I did that not because i needed money (i have over 300m in the bank) but i feel i can help to manage within my self-imposed cap squad of 50 so make some of the talents available to other teams.

I guess unless squad caps come into force, we are not going to see a quick fix for player hogging.

Cheers,

Roy[/quote']

Some, if not all, of my experiences are exactly the same as yours.

I tolerate these bids but I always respond, to allow the other manager to move on.

Sometimes I even sell a player to a new manager to encourage them to remain the GW - sold Javi Martinez for a paltry £20 million last month.

These new managers just dont understand a players worth. They need to see bids rejected or negotiated to allow them to learn.

Simply ignoring a bid is rude and completely unacceptable behaviour; SM should stamp on it.

With regards to squad size limits, agree completely

How can punishing pig ignorant' date=' selfish managers be the "worst suggestion" :D:D

Auto accept ONLY would kick in when a manager has ignored a bid,having logged in and out 3 times.

Respond to a bid and nothing would happen.

It is a very sensible and obvious way to deal with rudeness in the GW.

And the reason game worlds remain empty is largely because of rudeness as well as player hogging[/quote']

There are managers in this game that have thousands of players if you added all their teams together , rudeness isn't the problem it's stupidity .

Ok let's put your idea into effect and put mine in too, I propose 3 stupid bids for players and you get sacked.

Listen to yourself you've just said the reason the game worlds are dead is because people don't respond to bids. I can't even believe I've wasted my time trying to argue such rubbish.

Random transfer requests do NOT happen in real life. Transfer requests occur for very obvious and specific reasons: Money' date=' Playing Time, Lack of Trophies. Name 3 times a player has made a transfer request without one of these three reasons being the cause?

And finally, the super clubs have no limits in real life that are not financially based. There is nothing that keeps Chelsea from having a squad of 200. In fact, think of what they did to Florent Malouda just this past season. They paid him 80k a week to not play and made him train with the U21s for the entire year!! So, like most things in life, it really is all about the money...honey.[/quote']

I think you are edging towards semantic here.

Random transfer request do happen but that phrase can also refer to other influencing factors.

At the moment, it can take seasons for a player to become unsettled.

And I think you have missed the points. You used "real life" to justify a point, whereas "real life" can justify other and conflicting changes.

And yes, super clubs do have limits. Chelsea don't have a squad of 200 because it is stupid - nothing to do with finances, just sound common sense not to have a stupidly large squad.

There are managers in this game that have thousands of players if you added all their teams together ' date=' rudeness isn't the problem it's stupidity .

Ok let's put your idea into effect and put mine in too, I propose 3 stupid bids for players and you get sacked.

Listen to yourself you've just said the reason the game worlds are dead is because people don't respond to bids. I can't even believe I've wasted my time trying to argue such rubbish.[/quote']

I see you are edging towards being rude in your response.

Which is a shame because you have missed the point.

You log in and see a bid for a player, you ignore it and log out.

You log in again and again ignore the same bid

You log in again and ignore the bid but this time, when you log out, the chairman accepts it.

Sensible way of punishing rudeness. All managers have to do is respond to a bid.

And yes. fact. Managers leave game worlds because when they join, no one responds to their bids. It happens.

Great post' date=' saved me typing , people don't want to compete the proper way they just want to change the rules to make it easier .[/quote']

Shame. I just dismantled the argument. :D

I see you are edging towards being rude in your response.

Which is a shame because you have missed the point.

You log in and see a bid for a player' date=' you ignore it and log out.

You log in again and again ignore the same bid

You log in again and ignore the bid but this time, when you log out, the chairman accepts it.

Sensible way of punishing rudeness. All managers have to do is respond to a bid.

And yes. fact. Managers leave game worlds because when they join, no one responds to their bids. It happens.[/quote']

I haven't missed your point.

I don't put players I might sell as unavailable because I would miss out on the serious bids but I'm sick of rejecting bids such as 2 90s and 40m for Messi,

Day after day after day.

If I haven't responded to a bid it's to stop the time wasters bidding again.

I haven't missed your point.

I don't put players I might sell as unavailable because I would miss out on the serious bids but I'm sick of rejecting bids such as 2 90s and 40m for Messi' date='

Day after day after day.

If I haven't responded to a bid it's to stop the time wasters bidding again.[/quote']

Timewasters only according to your definition, seen through a prism of your personal perspective.

What about those managers who see the computer game "valuation" and use it to guide their bidding?

It takes seconds to reject a bid. Seconds.

And it's realistic as well

Some managers have 1 team, some have 4 teams, some have 10 teams.

I would imagine those with Messi, Bale etc could quite easily spend an awful lot of time rejecting bids forever unless you set to "unavailable"

For those of us with a life, appreciate that option, not that I have either player in any of my teams. If I had to keep rejecting bids for players I want to keep, I would seriously consider quitting (again).

Once I have a settled long term team, I am pretty sure, the "unavailable" option will be used.

Everyone plays this game differently.

Timewasters only according to your definition' date=' seen through a prism of your personal perspective.

What about those managers who see the computer game "valuation" and use it to guide their bidding?

It takes seconds to reject a bid. Seconds.

And it's realistic as well[/quote']

The issue here I feel is that just like you are claiming we are failing to see your side of the argument, you are failing to see ours. Whether I have 1 team, 5 teams, or 30 teams does not matter. If I choose to not respond to an offer, that is my choice. How about this middle ground...If a manager does not respond to an offer within 3 log-ins, it is automatically REJECTED!! Would that satisfy you?

When a manager has a player for sale or PX, there's nothing more annoying than a none response, or if you put a bid or enquire about a player...I think people who don't respond to bids or don't change there player to unavailable to stop this happening I think it should reduce teams morale Or other concequence x

When a manager has a player for sale or PX' date=' there's nothing more annoying than a none response, or if you put a bid or enquire about a player...I think people who don't respond to bids or don't change there player to unavailable to stop this happening I think it should reduce teams morale Or other concequence x[/quote']

I'd be more inclined to agree with this concept. Perhaps if a manager continually fails to respond to offers, his chairman will raise a concern with his management. This could also include financial aspects. So, if a team is continually losing money, or fails to respond to offers, or is underperforming on the pitch, or has a lot of unhappy players, the chairman will then issue a concern to the manager. Failure to correct the issues could progress to the manager being fired.

When a manager has a player for sale or PX' date=' there's nothing more annoying than a none response, or if you put a bid or enquire about a player...I think people who don't respond to bids or don't change there player to unavailable to stop this happening I think it should reduce teams morale Or other concequence x[/quote']

What if a manager is waiting to see if other better bids materialise? He doesn't want to reject the offer he has so he doesn't react to it. You can pm a manager of a player you bid for, if he doesn't respond then its not worth worrying about your time and effort.

3 logs ins without response and the manager is punished?! That would be me in a day!

This issue is kind of derailing the thread really, its not really relevant to loan wages being 50/50 split, automatic contract renewals or top players wages being increased. Forcing players to respond to bids wont really affect squad sizes, people will stick most of their players on not available so you would have to pm every offer or just routinely reject every bid they receive.

I am bit new to this topic and I have couple of questions.

1. Is this automatic wage thing on yet, cuz I see hundreds of players concerned about their wages.

2. In one of my clubs I have 97 rated player and around 4 or 5 89 90 rated players that can play AMC position. In the FWD position I have 2 94 rated players and around 4 or 5 88 90 rated players. Now Viktor Fischer who is 85 rated is concerned about lack of his games (not first team opportunities). So does that means that I can expect other 85 and lower rated players to develop some concerns, or what.

what id like to see is these players develop a new concern

'unhappy at being transfer listed'

if they are on the list for a long time in such instances with managers not responding to bids.

Also' date=' maybe they should make the external/unmanaged bids for players happen faster. At the moment it is very very random.[/quote']

i find it helps if you unlist them, and then re list them.

and i never seem to get bids between friday to monday!

may just be coincidence though!

;2598913']i find it helps if you unlist them' date=' and then re list them.

and i never seem to get bids between friday to monday!

may just be coincidence though![/quote']

And all bids happen at 10:30 GMT

So this is just silly.

In a team of mine I have Falcao (94) and Van Persie (95). Falcao was bought when he was 92 and Persie at 94. After Persie got to 95, soon he was unhappy and his concern is at Level 1 (Increase in wages). Now Falcao didn't develop any concerns for some reason. So my chairman (the dumb F@#$ that he is) decided to pay Falcao 71,400 pt and not touch Persie's.

The icing on the cake. All the contracts renegotiated by the Chairman are 1 year contracts. :eek:

I loan listed a heap of players when I returned from work this evening and have already received and accepted bids on some of these players from unmanaged sides.

You are very lucky then. In all my gameworlds, bids (transfer as well as loans) come in at the same time.

You are very lucky then. In all my gameworlds' date=' bids (transfer as well as loans) come in at the same time.[/quote']

Strange, by any chance are any of the players you've listed out on loan in real life? I listed 10-15 players and of those every player I had a bid on is on loan in real life, maybe its just a coincidence but I do wonder what the chances were.

1) We have closed a major loophole regarding loans, by having a wage split of 50/50.

Fair idea, no significant comment.

Except chairman should stop restricting every tom, dick and harry from moving out on loan... sometimes another human club genuine want to loan your player and you want the player to be loaned out... but here comes the joker chairman again.

I haven't even comment about the part where I wanna buy a player, but chairman valuation doesn't allow a bid at all. Real bullocks.

2) Players wages rise in line with rating changes and value

3) Very top players having a higher wage

Appalling idea, whoever came out and decided with this should pack their bags.

If there is a development team out there with interest to make a new proper online football manager then I'll be more than willing to contribute to the ideas and making of the game.

Increase in high player rating base wages is absolutely fine, but getting chairman to involve is ****.

First you thought only players with concerns of wages will get that auto renewal but no, even players who doesn't have ANY concern also get offered a new contract.

If anything, this crappy move should be reversed. Though I doubt SM would be efficient enough to do it.

Why? Getting Chairman to involve as and when he likes not only take away one of the most managed concerns in the game, but also take away the ingenuity foresight of offering a contract before a player rise in order to delay paying new wages.

Right now, SM simply adjust player wages to the new high.... I've players who doesn't have concern but got offered new contract. Does SM management team even think? There are many types of gameworlds around and such an extreme rule can easily spoil the smooth running of the game.

Alternative? Doesn't take a genius to think of a simple one... only allow chairman to get involved when concerns level are high (e.g. level 3/4), and the player is an important team player (e.g. top 10 highest rated/most valuable in squad).

Very sad rule.