Sign in to follow this  
SW Dev (Vicky)

Finances

Re: New Finances (Loans / Contracts)

No need to force managers into such actions' date=' if an offer is good enough it will be accepted, i often keep offers on the table for a number of reasons, stoping me from doing tranfers in the gameworld just because i want to consider offers is not a good suggestion, i often want to negociate by PM with several managers with the bids i've recieved, maybe after receiving a bid for a player i might consider selling him when i previously wouldn't have done so and may wish to look to other clubs and offer this player in p/e, if this is not fortcoming i may go back to the original offer

an unrejected bid is better than no bid, a manager will only sell if the offer is a good one.[/quote']

I understand where you are comming from, in terms of holding offers on the table and deciding which one is best, and also it allowes time for negotiation with the other manager..

But However, I think I can vouch for a lot of managers who are victims of pro longed ignored transfer bids in their game worlds and it certainly hinders productivity and fluidity in a transfer market in the game world.

For example in real life, If a club made a transfer offer the their team may flat out say no, but at least they have the decency to reply, which is what need in a gameworld. In my opinion, A rejected bid is better than a ignore bid because at least you are given an answer and it allows you to divert your attention else where rather than just being ignored.

I say, Give Managers 7 Days to respond...

Then emplace a transfer embargo which would put the manager in a place to at least respond to the offer, with any decision at the discretion from the manager.

This allows managers control of there transfers, and most importantly instilles a system where other manager's are not ignored and there input in the gameworld is respected. 7 days more than enough to decide and see what the manager can do, rather than managers having there bids ignored for 14 days.

So what if someone ignores your bid, either he doesn't want to sell or the offer is not good enough, more than likly if he doesn't counter offer he doesn't want to accept, send a simple PM, if no response then you should get the picture.. waiting 7/12 days and getting annoyed isient going to help you, use some logic and either withdraw the bid (or keep it there just incase) and look for other mangers to do deals with.

As LBlack said and as i myself stated in another thread on the issue, any enforcement to respond to deals will result in me personally (and many managers) making all their squad unavailable to transfer.. all the good regular managers will do this anyway resulting in clubs where you can get responses having no1 tranfer listed or even available to bid on, you would effectivally overnight have no transfer list, so you would have no idea what players in the gameworld might be available at the right price, So all the PM's wou send out would mostly be ignored as people would be sick of them, especially a barcelona manager :/

if your going to keep this new "auto contracts" then can you atleast add the a.i to recognise not to offer new contracts to players that have been sitting on the transfer list for ages,

just logged in to see that my "chairman" in all his infinite wisdom has offered new almost double the rate contracts to three players that i've been trying to sell for atleast a good few weeks now, plus its on a small club that was operating on a shoe string and this has now just blown my finances out the window from going to making a slight profit overall to now being in the minus, nice one:mad:

if your going to keep this new "auto contracts" then can you atleast add the a.i to recognise not to offer new contracts to players that have been sitting on the transfer list for ages' date='

just logged in to see that my "chairman" in all his infinite wisdom has offered new almost double the rate contracts to three players that i've been trying to sell for atleast a good few weeks now, plus its on a small club that was operating on a shoe string and this has now just blown my finances out the window from going to making a slight profit overall to now being in the minus, nice one:mad: [/font']

I see your problem but that would just be another loophole. Everyone would put all their players on the transferlist to avoid increase of wages.

I just logged onto one of my GW which has only just started about 10 games into the season and found that Hamsik and Cavani have just been offered new contracts.

Now I would of thought within a new gameworld, players would already be on contracts to reflect their current ratings. So to then see these players contracts rise again, without having any concerns nor ratings increases is very worrying!

Plus if your running a club on a budget which alot of people do, then shouldn't the chairman be aware of the clubs financial situation before offering new contracts to players. As increasing the wage bill could only damage the club even more if it's not done in the correct manner, i.e players only get offered contracts during pre season. Which then gives the manager a choice over what players he can keep and sell for the coming season.

I just logged onto one of my GW which has only just started about 10 games into the season and found that Hamsik and Cavani have just been offered new contracts.

Now I would of thought within a new gameworld' date=' players would already be on contracts to reflect their current ratings. So to then see these players contracts rise again, without having any concerns nor ratings increases is very worrying!

Plus if your running a club on a budget which alot of people do, then shouldn't the chairman be aware of the clubs financial situation before offering new contracts to players. As increasing the wage bill could only damage the club even more if it's not done in the correct manner, i.e players only get offered contracts during pre season. Which then gives the manager a choice over what players he can keep and sell for the coming season.[/quote']

does seem a bit scatter gun...i had dozen or so players get new deals today, except some didnt get a wage rise, they just signed a new deal?!?!

Final nial in the coffin for me.

Couple of years ago I was managing around 20 clubs. After years of what socc£rmanag£r describe as 'improvements to the game i have slowly removed clubs as they have become less fun to manage. Today I manage just 5 all in gold championships. Triestina, numancia, Barcelona, forest and a kiev.

The smaller teams I have are gonna be screwed by this with gates below 20000. They were the teams I enjoyed the most but my numancia is already 3.5m in the red and I only found out why by logging onto the forum to see if their has been a bug or something!

Was struggling to justify renewal of gold anyway but if my teams are going to be destroyed anyway then that is decision made and goodbye

Said this on a post before' date=' But I don't think anyone really took much notice of my post when I proposed a potential solution to the ignoring of transfer offers in game worlds.

Solution

48 After a offer has been made for a player, a transfer embargo should be placed on the manager who owns the player,

For example I make an offer of £15 million for Jack Wilshere

48 hours later no response...

When the manager who owns Wilshere decides to make a transfer offer for any other player in the game world, a red error should come.

'The Chairman will not allow you to make an offer for this player until bids have been resolved for one of your players'

This would prompt the manager to go to the original offer he was made, and either accept or decline it, so he can proceed to make his deals in the transfer market.

This resolves the issue of Manager's who ignores bids, as it prompts a manage in a place to make a decision on a transfer bid, and this removes the idea of prolonged ignoring transfer bids while also protecting the managers assets as he simply can make any decision regarding the transfer offer, but most importantly this new improvment gets the manager to make a decision which is very important in a game world ![/quote']

I dont reply to bids unless they are at least nearly good enough and then in that case I will counter. Of course if they are good enough and i need the player or cash they are offering then i will accept.

most often bids are silly, unacceptable or embarrassing and they come that often that I just ignore.

before you make a bid just think to yourself would you accept if you was on the receiving end of the bid? And I think if you are being ignored all the time the answer will be no

Bad flaw in this is that I have just bought players who are still transfer banned and obviously agreed their contract. Then within a couple of weeks of buying them my chairman has given them a pay rise...how can I budget for that?

I dont reply to bids unless they are at least nearly good enough and then in that case I will counter. Of course if they are good enough and i need the player or cash they are offering then i will accept.

most often bids are silly' date=' unacceptable or embarrassing and they come that often that I just ignore.

before you make a bid just think to yourself would you accept if you was on the receiving end of the bid? And I think if you are being ignored all the time the answer will be no

[b'][/b]

That's not in the spirit of the game though kev, you might think it a silly bid and maybe it is but the other manager may not! At least have the decency to tell them because they may be hanging on for your response.....to use your thought process, ask yourself...would you like to be ignored? :mad:

Now I would of thought within a new gameworld' date=' players would already be on contracts to reflect their current ratings. So to then see these players contracts rise again, without having any concerns nor ratings increases is very worrying!

Plus if your running a club on a budget which alot of people do, then shouldn't the chairman be aware of the clubs financial situation before offering new contracts to players. As increasing the wage bill could only damage the club even more if it's not done in the correct manner, i.e players only get offered contracts during pre season. Which then gives the manager a choice over what players he can keep and sell for the coming season.[/quote']

Totally agree :)

So what if someone ignores your bid' date=' either he doesn't want to sell or the offer is not good enough, more than likly if he doesn't counter offer he doesn't want to accept, send a simple PM, if no response then you should get the picture.. waiting 7/12 days and getting annoyed isient going to help you, use some logic and either withdraw the bid (or keep it there just incase) and look for other mangers to do deals with.

As LBlack said and as i myself stated in another thread on the issue, any enforcement to respond to deals will result in me personally (and many managers) making all their squad unavailable to transfer.. all the good regular managers will do this anyway resulting in clubs where you can get responses having no1 tranfer listed or even available to bid on, you would effectivally overnight have no transfer list, so you would have no idea what players in the gameworld might be available at the right price, So all the PM's wou send out would mostly be ignored as people would be sick of them, especially a barcelona manager :/[/quote']

Shelbourne, I just like you and many other managers have players who will not sell prized assets of there squad within the game world, and that is not something wrong, as it makes sense to keep your best players to stay competitive, and I understand that.

It is a managers responsibility to purchase players in the transfer market, and it is also their responsibility to deal with transfer offers for their own players as well , and all managers can make any decision at their discretion even with the enforced transfer embargo.

I believe that there is no possible justification for ignoring manager's bids, regardless of transfers offers, its just unethical and shows disrespect to other manager's and it also hinders the sense of a community in the game world, resulting in ghost game world. The transfer embargo, which would result in a manager giving a response to a transfer offer and does not at all compromise a manager's right or authority, all it does is ensure that the opposition manager has outcome to the input he has put in to the game world.

I think this whole attitude where it comes to justifying ignoring transfer bids, is just detrimental to the cause of SM which is based around the whole concept of playing against real life managers in a gaming world which depends on the community of managers in that set up.

most often bids are silly' date=' unacceptable or embarrassing and they come that often that I just ignore.

[b'][/b]

I understand that managers will sometime give stupid offers, but any input in to a game must be responded to, and it doesn't even take a minute to reject an out right stupid offer. A rejection and a PM telling the manager offer is not good enough is much better than ignoring a bid, and it is very infuriating for any manager to have any input they put in to the game ignored.

That's not in the spirit of the game though kev' date=' you might think it a silly bid and maybe it is but the other manager may not! At least have the decency to tell them because they may be hanging on for your response.....to use your thought process, ask yourself...would you like to be ignored? :mad:[/quote']

Exactly my Point, Its just not ethical and in the spirit of SM. If you go on the home page of the SM game, clearly its major ethos of the game involves play against real life managers, making this game revolve around a community of players in a game world. Ignoring manager's transfer offers, is more refuting than having a transfer bid rejected, it shows disrespect and ultimately creates a negative environment in a game world. I dont think anyone can really justify ignoring a transfer bid, either reject it out right and make them unavailable, rather than having bids ignored for 14 days and souring things in a game world.

personal opinion on the whole auto-transfers/or must respond thingy

think it would be a very bad way to go

and i really would consider heavily wheither this game is even worth playing anymore if they did go down that route.

and the whole "not repsonding" causes dead/ghost gameworlds this is just speculation really as it can't be proved properly

main reasoning as to why i think its bad is why should my actions as a manager be dictated by other players

if i want to ignore a bid i should be able to and if i want to accept or reject a bid i should be able to,

not forced into making one of those choices by anothers actions

main part of this game i used to enjoy was the whole finding out who's good to deal with who's a dink and who's always going to over value there players taking away the choice will only narrow the field and make it more predictable

Bad flaw in this is that I have just bought players who are still transfer banned and obviously agreed their contract. Then within a couple of weeks of buying them my chairman has given them a pay rise...how can I budget for that?

The wages will only rise for players that gets increased rating, otherwise it'll stay the same. And the wages won't increase before the transfer ban is up.

The wages will only rise for players that gets increased rating' date=' otherwise it'll stay the same. And the wages won't increase before the transfer ban is up.[/quote']

Not the case, I have two players that I have only just bought, still transfer banned, no increase in either and both have just been given wage increases without even asking for them!

Not the case' date=' I have two players that I have only just bought, still transfer banned, no increase in either and both have just been given wage increases without even asking for them![/quote']

Were they 92+ rated? High rated players were given an overall wage increase as part of the changes, to make it financially more difficult for one club to hog all the high rated players.

Were they 92+ rated? High rated players were given an overall wage increase as part of the changes' date=' to make it financially more difficult for one club to hog all the high rated players.[/quote']

LOL. I have a 72 yes 72 rated player who was given a new contract.

Were they 92+ rated? High rated players were given an overall wage increase as part of the changes' date=' to make it financially more difficult for one club to hog all the high rated players.[/quote']

Could have been...one was but can't remember who the other was. Still not right though! I had just bought them! In the real world they would not ask for a new contract a couple of weeks into a new club. :mad:

I don't think this question has been asked in this thread but if so, sorry for repeating(did fast review of the thread and didn't found such thing). So, when you begin in a new GW, you simply cannot recall players on loan in season 1 -" Player is on loan till the end of the season bla bla" BUT you pay half of the wages for all these players. So I can't recall pretty unwanted players for me, most of them into unmanaged or external teams and sell them so to be able to get another player or just simply to get rid of them, but in the same time I'm paying around 150 k per week(around 6 mil for season)!

Maybe it's time to remove that impossibility to return the players in season 1....

hello. my teams total wages are 685.400 and loaned out players wages 936.435 but at the end of turn i see that 2.458.624 was spent in player wages. whats wrong with my team? ( sorry for my bad english )

Look again mate. the financials are done by the week now, or every TWO turns.

I've just logged on to find my chairman has given Cech a brand new contract. So if Cech rises in the next review, that new contract will be torn up and Cech will be given a brand new one to reflect his new ratings. This is slowly turning into a joke now and needs to have some guidelines, to what triggers the chairman to offer new contracts to players. At the moment it's completely random when it's happening, even affecting players who are still transfer banned.

The longer this carry's on the more we'll see the hiking up the wages of all clubs especially smaller clubs, something the manager's have no control to stop. Which will only result in them being forced to sell their players.

I know some would say thats the point of it, but when i have a small team in one gameworld of 24 players and had 7 player so far had new contracts, i wouldn't class that as player hogging nor taking advantage of them being on low wages, until their concerns rose to the highest level.

As I kept their wages in line with any rises as by letting them gain concerns would only damage my team more when i offered them a contract at a later stage, as you'd have to give the player a bonus as well as a new contract.

I've taken Sheff wed from div 2 into the first not once has my chairman ever invested in my team, gave me money to spend when i got promoted. But instead he is taking it onto himself to ruin my club by awarding new contracts, when in the longterm it's clear my finances won't be able to cover the payments, odds are i'll have to sell players to cover the costs, which will make the big clubs take notice as they can snap my players up and keep them in the youth squads. Something that will only effect my team 10 fold when i only have 24 players and see me crash out of the top flight

this game is now concentrating on finance recently .. i don't even care about the results now .. it's so hard to balance the book .. forget about the profit that the club made which i guess no team is hardly doing it right now .. the winning prizes are PATHETIC ... Something needs to be done by SM .. I am sure most of the clubs are heading on the brink of bankruptcy ..