Re: New Finances (Loans / Contracts)

Has anyone else noticed an income drop from sources such as sponsorship - I don't mean the bug where the sponsor money isn't added to the balance, I mean the actual sponsor amount dropping?

Going back over the weeks on the finance page, sponsorship starts at around £700k, and drops slowly over the weeks and has now settled at £200k a week.

Is that normal? Never really bothered keeping that close an eye on it before, but as I'm now losing around a million a week that I wasn't before (£300k of that is loan player 50% wages), I can only assume there's either been a drop in income of some sort, or an expenditure has increased.

TV revenue has also dropped over the weeks, from £1m for the first week or two, then £800k for two weeks, and is now £400k a week. Again, is that normal drop off for a season? Surely it would make more sense for it to be a stable weekly/turn amount rather than so sporadic, or has SM reduced the amount without announcing it?

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Finances

Re: Finances I guess the glory days are over then. No more making a fortune out of every riser possible!! Actually, I hope some of these new features do make money worth something again, but for tha

Re: New Finances (Loans / Contracts) Is this thread not getting mixed up with the 'Player Valuation in P/E Transfers' thread?

i dont see the idea of our chairmans starting to renew our players contracts as we this way will lose an way of getting to buy unhappy players as an posibility also..

that aint fair i think..

It is up to me to take the risk of waiting to renew the contract IF i want that!!

and if he gets to unhappy and wants to be sold, maybe it is bec i want it that way? Bec then alot of other managers can make bids at the same time and i wont risk that an deal get´s reversed as it is the computer/SMFA that are controlling the deal = no illegal action even if someone desperat would offer me max amount of what his chairman will allow him, bec or else he will NEVER get such an player to his maybe new or small club..

And yeah the drop in finanses income is also pathetic..

one thing is that you do an 50/50 for the players out on loan, i can understand or respekt that an little bit more even do it makes me bleed like heel right now.

But why not just make an max limit of 50 players instead of todays 255 players? that would have made alot more sense to me.

And yeah prize money is also pathetic now, as there is no carrot for focusind on winning an game anymore..

this will only do so people will cheat more bec now they see cheating on the transfer market as the only way to make it thru the day with the many millions in minus income pr week..

Think about an better solution here SMFA please... maybe ask us about what to do in an new thread?

SM has dropped income across the board. Increased expenses too.

I don't know how they are trying to make the game competitive. New managers won't stay in a GW because they will never learn how to make money and will leave in a few weeks once their balances go into the RED.

if i want to sign a 92 rated player , i need at least 40 M to sign that player due to high competitions from rivals .. let say i am lucky enough to win 1 season as a league champion , okay 4M .. So , do i need to win 10 seasons to sign 1 player ?? SM , just admit it u guys made a big mistake .. i totally agree with salary increase and the 50/50 wage payment but one issue is sponsorship and the tv revenue are way too low .. These things can at least cover the losses that we made ..

My chairman was kind enough to offer Ozil two new contracts today. Considering I only purchased him at the end of March' date=' I thought that was rather generous of my chairman :rolleyes:[/quote']

Just had my chairman offer multiple contracts to the same players too:rolleyes:

My wages are now over 200k more than they were this morning. But in essance its business as usual as I can't see me needing to sell big name players any time soon if I don't want too.

I can even afford to keep RVP on his new wage of 100k even though he signed 1st January and has never played for me or will ever likely too.

If I can't improve my team rating I'm going to do the next best thing and stop my opponents improving theirs to close the gap on mine. :P

Anyone else notice a drastic reduction in values of players when trading them?

SM killing it on all fronts.

Yep, all players only have one true value, they aren't worth anymore if you do a player exchange. All these changes, make it so much easier for smaller clubs to survive.

Yep' date=' all players only have one true value, they aren't worth anymore if you do a player exchange. All these changes, make it so much easier for smaller clubs to survive.[/quote']

I am assuming by smaller clubs you mean external clubs. No one cares about their survival. Flawed logic.

You can do player trades only with external or managed clubs. Now with with managed clubs are they saying that they are trying to save the poor new managers who someone would take advantage off by trading?

Who can my team who's Avg 1st team rating is 93 value say Luke Shaw at 6 million but an external team say in hungary values him at 4 million.

I am assuming by smaller clubs you mean external clubs. No one cares about their survival. Flawed logic.

Smaller clubs could buy players at 500k and once his transfer ban was over he could be exchanged with an external club for a player worth 1.2m for example. So this would let smaller clubs, gain higher ranked players over time, which could be used to either build a stronger team or use that money to help fund the wages of the club or any future funds needed in the transfer market.

Smaller clubs could buy players at 500k and once his transfer ban was over he could be exchanged with an external club for a player worth 1.2m for example. So this would let smaller clubs' date=' gain higher ranked players over time, which could be used to either build a stronger team or use that money to help fund the wages of the club or any future funds needed in the transfer market.[/quote']

Well that's exact;y what I was doing.

Started with a piddly little club in South East Asia (Avg rating of 75). Traded, turned things around and now have some of the top players.

I am more irritated as I was in the middle of my exchange process. Well this is good for my af far as this GW is concerned. The other managers won't be able to buy squat.

Well that's exact;y what I was doing.

Started with a piddly little club in South East Asia (Avg rating of 75). Traded' date=' turned things around and now have some of the top players.

I am more irritated as I was in the middle of my exchange process. Well this is good for my af far as this GW is concerned. The other managers won't be able to buy squat.[/quote']

But when your a small club in division one in England completing against Manchester utd, Arsenal with a tiny ground and large wages. This method was the best way at bringing in extra income which mainly would cover your wages. The removal of this feature is daft, now that players only have face value. We have to now buy players that will only return a profit based on if and when they ever come up for review on SW!

Not sure where to stand on the exchange value issue. It did used to annoy me when trying to sell a riser that I could only sell him for 1m cash but could exchange him for a player with a higher rating because he was worth 2.6m in exchange. Selling him for less cash always felt like I was throwing money away, even if I didn't need to buy any more players.

But when your a small club in division one in England completing against Manchester utd' date=' Arsenal with a tiny ground and large wages. This method was the best way at bringing in extra income which mainly would cover your wages. The removal of this feature is daft, now that players only have face value. We have to now buy players that will only return a profit based on if and when they ever come up for review on SW![/quote']

Exactly the point I was trying to make. ;)

Also, this will just encourage player hoarding as you now need even more risers to get in other players, etc..

Exactly the point I was trying to make. ;)

Also' date=' this will just encourage player hoarding as you now need even more risers to get in other players, etc..[/quote']

Not a fan of this drastic reducing players values for exchanges. It make managing smaller clubs more difficult. Game worlds are already empty enough as it is 1. Because people want to manage big clubs. 2. There are many more game worlds than managers and 3. Because the financial side of things has barely changed in about 5 years of SM. Yet SM are making smaller team management even more undesirable.

Buying and selling risers is the only way to make a small club with a small stadium financially viable. Its a fact. You cant afford to do it any other way and become a well run top club with cash in the bank. Add this to the now random risers with the input of the 12 year old wiki kids and things are slowly getting worse.

I'm still kinda addicted to Sm and love my two teams I've had a few years but each change is making it easier for me to shake the habit.

Check this out. The game won't let you give Messi for Ronaldo. Not because of your chairman but Madrid's :D

2rqo8yo.jpg

I was just about to post something similar. I offer Ibrahimovic as a swap to Leeds who's top player is rated 90 and his value to them is £27.4million, yet my chairman with a starting 11 of 94 rating values him at £42 million.

Did SM even vet these changes before implementing them?! Stop breaking your own game!

Edit* Surely this means your chairman will veto any 2 for 1 part exchanges as he will value them too much!?!?!?!? I just tried it out and practically hit the ceiling for the maximum my chairman would pay for the player. Great stuff.

I was just about to post something similar. I offer Ibrahimovic as a swap to Leeds who's top player is rated 90 and his value to them is £27.4million' date=' yet my chairman with a starting 11 of 94 rating values him at £42 million.

Did SM even vet these changes before implementing them?! Stop breaking your own game!

Edit* Surely this means your chairman will veto any 2 for 1 part exchanges as he will value them too much!?!?!?!? I just tried it out and practically hit the ceiling for the maximum my chairman would pay for the player. Great stuff.[/quote']

I think this is SM attempt at trying to make cash be more valuable within the game but just simply won't happen.

It's like SM keep on implying changes or closing loopholes in their eyes to force people to give up their small teams and invest in upgrading to larger clubs.

Anyone who has managed a small team knows how much work they have to put into it, not just to build a team but to keep yourself from not slipping into the red.

Cavani cash value in my GW is £25,830,000. So if i had the cash i could buy him for that value as he's at an external club. But if this deal was done between two managers for the same cash value, would it be reversed, You bet your last jaffa cake it wouldn't!

I'm sure it will be explained that managers were profiting from the system and it wasn't fair to other managers. When the fact of the matter is alot of people like to use smaller clubs, we don't all have the glory hunter synonym bug. I've got Barca and i've Messi and Neymar whoop dee doo.

With SM closing loopholes, i mean making it fairer. I guess in future if I used soccerwiki and I only thought about buying players that Mrwiki had amended that would be completely fair. For people who don't know, whatever player Mrwiki amends they are 100% guaranteed to have a ratings update within a few days.

So by using that method I wouldn't be gaining an advantage over other managers with my gameworld. As some managers in many gameworlds don't use the forum nor Soccerwiki. So it would be lovely if someone cleared that up for me, as i'd hate to be seen as profiteering and be labelled a cheat just because i'm at a small club :rolleyes:

yet another change which highlights my view in ultimately SM is becoming a version of FM - with players rated on real life, rather than a script...

kind of see why this was implemented, but its not been thought through. ie trying to buy (thorugh PX) a 78 21yr old CB in one GW, i offer an 18 yr old 78 & a 20 yr old 75 and still its not enough...

another example, i offer a 25 year old 88 player for a 85 rated 21 yr old LB.....guess what? not enough value.... worth 11.4M to my chairman but only 5.4M in PX......doesnt make any sense at all.

what are the values based on??

;2613273']yet another change which highlights my view in ultimately SM is becoming a version of FM - with players rated on real life' date=' rather than a script...

kind of see why this was implemented, but its not been thought through. ie trying to buy (thorugh PX) a 78 21yr old CB in one GW, i offer an 18 yr old 78 & a 20 yr old 75 and still its not enough...

another example, i offer a 25 year old 88 player for a 85 rated 21 yr old LB.....guess what? not enough value.... worth 11.4M to my chairman but only 5.4M in PX......doesnt make any sense at all.

what are the values based on??[/quote']

I agree with you, i can see the aim of it but it's been poorly executed. If these changes were made with an increase to what clubs get via tele/sponsorships or upgrades to stadiums then their wouldn't be much argument. As money smaller clubs wouldn't have to then rely on using the method to raise funds. It's not about cheating, all managers when at smaller clubs are just trying to compete with bigger clubs as they have an massive advantage when it comes to weekly income. The gap between large clubs and small ones, just got very larger today :mad:

I agree with you' date=' i can see the aim of it but it's been poorly executed. If these changes were made with an increase to what clubs get via tele/sponsorships or upgrades to stadiums then their wouldn't be much argument. As money smaller clubs wouldn't have to then rely on using the method to raise funds. It's not about cheating, all managers when at smaller clubs are just trying to compete with bigger clubs as they have an massive advantage when it comes to weekly income. [b']The gap between large clubs and small ones just got very larger today[/b] :mad:

i wouldnt entirely say so yet, as smaller clubs are always going to get better value out of selling players than larger clubs with higher rated squads/players.. but then again, this mirrors real life where the gap is massive!

but the end game will be (and people arent going to like it) is that smaller clubs will have to cope with lower average lineups so to manage financially. so days of having an 88 rated lineup in division 3 will slowly come to an end, UNLESS you have the transfer/scouting nous to constantly buy and sell to keep your cash reserves rich.

as i said, its slowly turning into a proper football management sim - not fantasy football manager anymore.... i mean there was no way you could run a team in Div 3 with a lineup of EPL/La Liga?Ligue?BuLi stars on Football Manager - they wouldnt even sign for you in the first place!

can you imagine the day when low rated/youth players/prospects will not sign for Division 1/2 clubs as they 'arent guarenteed first team football'?

You heard it here first

small clubs will be for the best managers wanting a challenge, you battle your way up the leagues, perhaps acting as a feeder club to the big boys at times....which smacks of Football Manger.....i for one am intrigued, as i was a keen FM & CM(!) player - only to be disappointed by the players on the DB not matching real life until the following years version came out (or i downloaded the editor and altered careers to my hearts content :P)

;2613273']yet another change which highlights my view in ultimately SM is becoming a version of FM - with players rated on real life' date=' rather than a script...

what are the values based on??[/quote']

The values look to be what the player is worth to your chairman.

Building small teams in the lower divisions is made much harder now. Those risers that could have been bought from teams in Croatia and Colombia; and that are not taken by the Manchester's, Chelsea's and Liverpool's of the setup, will now have a poor p/e value. These values kick your teams rating up from 80 to 82 and 84 and so on. Meaning, I want to sign an 86 keeper for my 80 keeper. A Croatian riser (one not taken, usually one that has to be scouted and not mentioned on the forums, and will usually come out of the big 1) would have done it. Now, two won't do it. I need cash to go with it. This change will matter little for the aforementioned bigger teams. But I guess it makes it more of a challenge, eh. :D