Bradford CFC Challenge! Transfers/Match Reports etc.

Here it is then. The thread for all taking part in this challenge. Should be very enjoying, and also challenging!

Post transfers both in and out, along with some match reports on this thread. Please keep us well up to date with your club. I will keep a sort of journal throughout the season, and will post it at the end of the season. I will regularly post each week, and the end of season summary should hopefully unveil me as Division 4 EC winner :)

Good luck to all, hope you enjoy!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Bradford CFC Challenge! Transfers/Match Reports etc. Last night, my Bradford City completed their second season as part of this challenge. I'm enjoying managing this team as much as any ot

Re: Bradford CFC Challenge! Transfers/Match Reports etc. Time for an update on my Bradford. I'm now (Finally) in the playoff zone of division three after 24 games. Here's my main squad. Starters bol

Here it is then. The thread for all taking part in this challenge. Should be very enjoying, and also challenging! Post transfers both in and out, along with some match reports on this thread. Please

Re: Bradford CFC Challenge! Transfers/Match Reports etc.

New Bradford city boss Craig Johnson has beefed up his squad for the challenge in EC 464 by bringing in no less than 17 new signings. Johnson believes that experience is the key to getting out of the 4th division and the 17 players come to a combined cost of 2.2m

The players are:-

CB/RB COX, Neil 35 80

CB/DM BAUR, Michael 38 85

CB/DM JOHNSEN, Ronny 38 84

CB LINKE, Thomas 37 84

CM/RM CAPRIA, Rubén Óscar 37 85

RM/RB STRAND, Roar 37 85

W/F TIKHONOV, Andrei 36 84

CM TOFTING, Stig 38 83

RM CHAVARRÍA, Luis 37 83

CM RUIZ, Víctor 38 83

RM KOILOV, Hristo 38 83

CM FERRERI, Juan 37 83

F MORALES, Carlos 37 84

CF CORRALES, Marcelo 37 83

F EDILSON, da Silva Ferreira 37 83

F SCHWOCH, Stefan 37 83

G BUCCI, Luca 38 85

Hopefully this will prove to be the first steps to a successful season for the bantams and johnson is hoping to blend some youth into this experienced squad in the coming weeks to create a balance to take the club forward.

The obvious problem is financing the wages of the squad but Johnson believes the club will cope under his careful supervision.

ENGLISH CHAMP 470 - ARSENAL 123 TAKES CONTROL OF BRADFORD

Bradford have reveled Arsenal 123 as there new manager in English Championship 470. He will be looking to bring in some golden oldies as well as bringing in some fresh young talents. The first game is on the 29th and Arsenal 123 has commented on how much he is looking forward to the up coming season. He will be looking to get off to a winning start and will be posting more news as it happens.

English Championship 469 - Bantams Unveil Lafferty As Man To Take Them Up

The Bradford City Chairman today unveiled 31 year old Neil Lafferty as their new manager. The Chairman wasted no time at all in handing the new boss a £7m 'war chest' hinting that he had great faith in the unproven scouser.

Lafferty quickly set to work improving the squad placing 10 of the underachieving squad on the transfer list and bringing in Anderson from Manchester United on a season long loan. Joining the loan signing are Thomas Linke (£90k) and Ricardo Pages (£1.2m P/E) who should provide some experience to the rearguard. Petr Radek (£475k) arrives between the sticks to give some competition to Donovan Ricketts and record signing Rafael Toro (£2.8m) will be looking for goals as he comes in to spearhead the attack.

Leaving Valley Parade is Naythen Jones who joined Leyton Orient for £400k despite only being transfer listed for £40k (lol).

The new man has promised more new faces and also revealed he had spent a very frustrating first day in the transfer market, "I had a number of reasonable bids accepted for some experienced players who I felt could help pull us out of this mess. Despite offering a good wage package to each of them they all felt their future lay elsewhere. I am pleased to have signed Thomas and Ricardo at the back and I firmly believe that Rafael Toro could get 20 goals easily this season. I have a few more irons in the fire and we will just have to wait and see what happens over the next few hours. I cant wait for tomorrow!!!)

English Championship 471

Bradford unveil SonofPluto as there new manager

Transfer news in

Andreas REINKE £80k

Sven GUNTHER £800k & John SWIFT & Darren WILLIAMS

Chris JANSSENS £40k

Tamás SZEKERES £225k & David WETHERALL

Adel FATHY £1.9M & Paul EVANS

Valentín FILIPPINI £2.0M

Kazuyoshi MIURA £0k & Kevin SANASY

Marek BAKOS £3.0M & Nathan JOYNES & Barry CONLON

Teddy SHERINGHAM £20k

Transfer news out

Alex RHODES £500k to Derby County

First team rating now up to 80 which, if ignoring the cup, and injuries kept to a mininum should secure promotion, some money and a longer term younger player plan from divison 3.

10.gif

Ross Philp takes over at Bradford City FC in English Championship 472. Instead of going for the high rated, more experienced players, Philp has gone for players of the future and is happy with the signings so far. No fewer than 9 players joined the club this morning, with a top striker also joining on loan from a Premiership club.

• Tommaso Bianchi moved from Piacenzo for 300k
  • Andrade Silva Roberto also moved to Bradford, from Atletico Paranaense for 300k
  • Luca Rossettini moved for 15k from Siena
  • Moving from Morelia was Mauricio Romero for 650k
  • Martins Marcelo Moreno joined the club for 15k from Cruzeiro
  • From Juventus, Sebastian Giovinco sealed a deal moving for 750k
  • 750k meant that Andre Schembri made the move from Eintracht Braunschweig
  • Toni Kroos moved from Bayern Munchen for 375k

Deals were rejected for Chris Malonga and Xavier Vilson, but manager Ross Philp has re-bid. Philp has bid for Paolo De Ceglie of Siena, Heerenveen midfielder Miralem Suljmani and Sascha Imholz of Luzern.

Birmingham City striker Cameron Jerome this morning joined Bradford on loan and will partner Eddie Johnson upfront tonight in the match away at Gillingham. Philp was delighted to get Jerome, and hopes he can fire them to Division 3.

bradford.jpg

Bradford City EC 454 unveils new manager!

New manager Superman takes charge of Bradford City. The team has already won the games but the Chairman felt that a more experienced manager should be hired to secure promotions.

New Signings

• Eli Zizov

• Fábian ASSMANN

• Gonul GOKHAN

• Miralem SULEJMANI

• Dumitru COPIL

• Eric CHOUPO MOTING

Players out for P/E or money

• David WETHERALL

• Kevin SANASY

• Russell HOWARTH

• Donovan RICKETTS

• John SWIFT

• Tom PENFORD

• Alex RHODES

• Nathan JOYNES

Money left: £3.3M

839.gif1 - 4 10.gif

Arsenal 123's Bradford get off to a great start with a confident 4-1 win at Victoria road. Bradford got off to a great start with José Sierra scoring after 3 minutes. But Glen Southam equalized for Dagenham & Redbridge after 16 minutes making it 1-1. But on 30 minutes Bradford went ahead again through Kyle Nix and when the half time came it was 2-1 to Bradford. Kyle Nix put the came beyond doubt on the 56 minute making it 3-1 and Dagenham & Redbridge would need something amazing to come back from this but as they were pushing for a goal Bradford broke away and the great move was finished by the new signing Laurent Dufresne.

All in all it was a great start for Arsenal 123 as they get off to a winning start. Arsenal 123 did not give an interview as he walked straight off with his transfer adviser. Surly this means there are more transfers to come.

Manager SAM SUNG of Bradford of EC 459 has registered his second win and is poised to take Bradford to the 3rd Division in his first ever season

Manager SAM SUNG has made quite a number of signing notably

KROOS, Toni

MARIN, Marko

TRECARICHI, Lucas

ORISHIMA, Yasuhito

JAITEH, Tijan

MARES, Jakub

MANO, Luis

Manager SAM SUNG believes in Youth is the potential to bring Bradford to another level thus investing much on the youth system.

Meanwhile in a later match Bradford has managed to register an away 1-2 win against Crewe Alexander. The old guns proved that they can mix with the new blood when both Jakub MARES and Craig BENTHAM scored for Bradford.

10.gifEC472

Despite last night's away win at Gillingham, Ross Philp still brought in another six new faces this morning. The total balance at the club is a still a healthy £1.6m

• After an already failed bid, Ross Philp grabbed the services of Chris Malonga for a fee £500,000 from French side Nancy
  • Another bid was made for Xavier Vilson too, which Vasco De Gama accepted. The fee was around £150,000
  • A bid of £800,000 this time was accepted by Heerenveen for Miralem Sulejmani
  • Paolo De Ceglie joined from Italian side Siena for £300,000
  • Youngsters Gonul Gokhan, from Fenerbahce and Eli Zizov from Levski, both joined Bradford this morning. The deal was said to be around £70,000 for both players

Gillingham 0-1 Bradford After all the foreign transfers coming into Bradford, they got the goal through a Brit, Joe Colbeck who struck six minutes in to give Bradford an opening day away win. The twenty-year old midfielder hammered home emphatically after a through ball from new signing Mauricio Romero. Loanee Cameron Jerome grabbed the man-of-the-match award capping off a fantastic debut for the Birmingham man.

Next match Lincoln City(H)

EC469 - Bradford City Update 28/09 - 30/09

Transfers In

Manuel Rui Marques £750k From Leeds United

Teddy Sheringham £20k From Colchester United

Georgi Vladimorov Georgiev £1.2m + P/E From Banfield

Andreas Reinke £80k from Werder Bremen

Tamás Szekeres £175K + P/E From Fredrikstad FK

Ruben Oscar Capria £95k From Penarol

Stig Tofting £60k From Randers

Carlos Morales Free + P/E From Defensor Sporting

Kazuyoshi Miura Free + P/E From Yokohama FC

Chris Janssens £5k = P/E From Lierse SK

Loans In

Victor Anichebe From Everton

Iain Turner From Everton

Transfer Out And P/Es

Ben Saynor

Russell Howarth

Kevin Sansay

Tom Penford

Paul Evans

Peter Thorne

John Swift

Simon Ainge

David Wetherall

Kyle Nix

Latest Match News:

Parading 9 new signings, Neil Lafferty's first game in charge of The Bantams was a home match against Stockport County. On Loan Victor Anichebe scored the only goal in a pretty one-sided affair in front of just under 18,000 fans at Valley Parade. despite having 2/3 of the possession and 22 shots on goal, the Nigerians goal in the 21st minute was enough to take all 3 points for Bradford. New signings Teddy Sheringham And Andreas Reinke were outstanding.

Final Score: Bradford City 1 Stockport County 0

02/10/07 - Transfer Update!!!

Bradford City this morning have revealed a major transfer coup.

After bringing in no less than 17 players in a week already, Bantams manager Neil Lafferty this morning revealed the signing of CAFU from MILAN for £15k Plus Eddie Johnson on a 5 year deal.

Lafferty was ecstatic with the capture of the seasoned Brazillian adding that he hoped his experience would bolster his teams defence as well as providing an attractive prospect to other players of a similar ability

10.gifV 33.gif

Match Preview

Match Preview

Bradford City face a tough challenge tonight at home to Gillingham and after Bradford getting a win on match day 1 confidence is very high in the dressing room and Arsenal 123 will be hopping to make it 2 wins out of 2. He is hopping that all of the seats will be fulled tonight as the club have been telling everyone all week that this is there season to shine. Arsenal 123 has not only promised to get promotion but he has told the fans that they will win division 4. Arsenal 123 said "It should be a tough challenge tonight but i believe that we have the ability and the right mental attitude to get a win. I respect every team we play against but i believe we should get 2 in 2 after tonights game."

Team news

This is what Bradford's team is expected to look like -

GK - REINKE

RB - SWIFT

LB - HECKINGBOTTOM

CB - LESZCZYNSKI

CB - ORTIZ

LM - NIX

RM - COLBECK

CM - SIERRA

CM - EVANS ©

CF - JANSEN

CF - UESLEI

Can someone tell me if there have been any offers for any of your players.

Because I have put around 7 people on the transfer list and I have had no offers yet' date=' so that why I am holding back on buying people[/quote']

I only have 3 players on the transfer list and as of yet i haven't had any offers i will probably give it another 3 days and if there are no offers by them i will just use them in a p/x.

Manager SAM SUNG made it 3 wins in a row with a 2-1 home win against Gillingham. The scorers for that night were Omar Daley(53) and Kriztian Nemeth(78). Gillingham replied with a Delroy Facey(66) goal. In front of 18,194 fans at Valley parade, Bradford City didn't disappoint the strong 18,000 fans that turned out with an entertaining match that consists of 12 SOT , 8 corners and 63% of possession. manager SAM SUNG was clearly delighted with the outcome but insists that there will be a lot more work to be done before we can breathe sigh of relief. Bradford currently lie 2nd in the 4th division of English Champ 458 behind leaders Leyton Orient only by goal difference.

Dagenham & Redbridge await Bradford in a few days time and SAM SUNG has no injury worries or suspension in this road trip

After finally bagging an unmanaged and untouched Bradford in a new set-up, millzy_7 wasted no time in strengthening his squad. Managing the Bradford City in English Championship 478, the new manager has brought in 15 new players already, with another 3 said to be on their way to Valley Parade. Only two players have been shown the exit - as part of a deal for a quality player. When the next 3 deals go through, millzy_7 will have only 29K left of his 6.9M original transfer budget.

The players already signed at Bradford are:

Carlos RINCÓN £50k Empoli

Krkic Pérez BOJAN £2.3M & Guylain N'DUMBU NSUNGU & Joe COLBECK Barcelona

Fábian ASSMANN £2.0M Independiente

Miralem SULEJMANI £800k Heerenveen

Diego BRAGHIERI £275k Rosario Central

de Assis ROGERINHO £30k Atletico Paranaense

Raúl Marcelo BURZAC £15k River Plate

Maximiliano BADELL £15k Estudiantes

Martins MARCELO MORENO £15k Cruzeiro

Neven SUBOTIC £300k FSV Mainz 05

Xavier VILSON £150k Vasco De Gama

Toni KROOS £325k Bayern Munchen

Nikita BURMISTROV £15k CSKA Moskva

David N'GOG £300k Paris SG

Jack HOBBS £50k Liverpool

The 3 players set to sign for Bradford tomorrow are:

Gonul GOKHAN £35k Fenerbahce

Eli ZIZOV £35k Levski

Miralem PJANIC £15k Metz

As you may, or may not, be able to see, I have concentrated on youth players who have been touted on the Forum as being probable risers in the foreseeable future. I'm particularly happy, and surprised, that I've been able to sign Bojan Krkic - Bradford is his spiritual home, or so I've heard. Roll on Saturday's game with Lincoln City.

Premiership here we come :D

10.gifEC472

Bradford 1-0 Lincoln City After a good win away at Gillingham on the first day, Bradford followed it up with another this week, at home to Lincoln City. Winger Omar Daley got the only goal of the game, ten minutes from time. Daley hit a trademark strike of his own, to give Bradford the maximum points from their first two matches.

Bradford City EC 483

Todays Match will be against an unmanaged Morecambe side.

We are very pleased that we have signed all of our players under the age of 18. We hope they become better. We have spent all of our 8 million on 16 under 18 players.

Our likely line up vs Morecambe.

Foster

Debreceni--Feltscher--Mussachio--Dimitrovski

75 --------75--------75----------75

Shakhov--O.Emre

75--------73

Colbeck--------------------------------Millan

75------------------------------------74

Hesina--Sunu

65----60

10.gifV 87.gif

This is going to be a very tough game for Bradford and with Milton Keynes Dons winning both of there first 2 games they are also on a high. Someones winning streak has to come to an end and neither of these teams will settle for a draw so someones unbetean run could also come to the end.

This is what Bradford will line up like -

GK - REINKE

RB - SWIFT

LB - HECKINGBOTTOM

CB - LESZCZYNSKI

CB - ORTIZ

RM - SANASY

LM - NIX

CM - SIERRA

CM - EVANS ©

CF - JANSEN

CF - DUFRESNE

That is what the team will line up like and this team will give them an average rating of 78. Manager Arsenal 123 will stick with the good old fashioned 4-4-2 formation and will until he hits a bad result but could that be tonight only time will tell. ;)