THE BEST PLAYER IN THE HISTORY OF FOOTBALL?

skykow

THE BEST PLAYER IN THE HISTORY OF FOOTBALL?  

1. 1.

Re: THE BEST PLAYER IN THE HISTORY OF FOOTBALL?

Yeah i agree with TomOwen i also go for Pele -

1st - Pele

2nd - Maradona

3rd - Best

They were all great players and they had all won the world cup so they can play well under pressure and that is what makes a great player. Gerrard is a good player but he is not as experienced as these 3 so he needs to prove he can perform like he is for another 3 or 4 years and then he would be in my top 3 because i would say he is currently just behind Zidane who would be 4th on my list.

Yeah i agree with TomOwen i also go for Pele -

1st - Pele

2nd - Maradona

3rd - Best

They were all great players and they had all won the world cup so they can play well under pressure and that is what makes a great player. Gerrard is a good player but he is not as experienced as these 3 so he needs to prove he can perform like he is for another 3 or 4 years and then he would be in my top 3 because i would say he is currently just behind Zidane who would be 4th on my list.

I put in Gerrard because he's a currently playing player who plays for Liverpool. :P Pele has always been said as the best. Beckenbauer was third after Pele and Maradona to me. Pele and Maradona, both scored over 1000 goals in their career and Beckenbauer has won the WC as a coach and player. Impressive statistics. Pele 3 WC Wins, Maradona 1 WC. Johann Cruyff, DI Stefano, Puskas, and George Best have all not won the WC!

• 1 month later...

Van Der Vaart is the best footballer in history? you must be having a tin bath!?

Players like Maradonna, Best, Pele and Cruyff could beat a whole team single handedly, they had bags more natural ability than someone like Van Der Vaart. Yea sure we are all entitled to our own opinion but van der vaart was even getting left out the hamburg, yes HAMBURG side at the end of last season.

My order would be:

Maradonna

Best

Pele

The reason for maradonna being first was basically because of his undoubted talent for beating players inside out, like he did against us. People always stick there hands up and whine about his hand ball goal that knocked us out in effect, but look at the first goal he scored, he beat about 7 ENGLISH NATIONAL players that were no push-overs what so ever, including the keeper, and scored. Not just that he was as strong as an Ox and was probably the only footballer ive seen that could do thousands of kick ups with a table tennis ping pong ball.

Best was a player similar to maradonna, but a more old fashioned style, and he used to score more goals, but wasn't AS skillfull IMO.

Pele... well he will always be there for the simple reason he scored about 095802858239589230850285 goals in his career, its as simple as.

It would be close for 4th although it would probably be between Van Basten, Cruyff or Puskas for all different reasons.

on a serious note, i would say that i am utterly shocked that ronaldinho has not been included in the vote.

for me, he has enormous potential and on his day** can be the best player to have ever graced a football field. unfortunately, he isnt reproducing the sort of form that made him the undoubted world's best player a few years back and he seems to be getting more headlines for his party animal instincts.

however he does come back on the bck pages of newspapers every now and then with everyone full of [praise of him, the latest being his double against Betis.

For me, he defo has the potential to be the best player ever, but it is up to him whether he wants to show what he is capable of on a regular basis.