Spanish Ratings

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Spanish Ratings Here are my thoughts on the Sevilla ratings. Please bear in mind that this is my first attempt at predicting rating changes, so it might not be 100% accurate. I’m mainly doing thi

Re: Spanish Ratings My Predicted Real Changes Casillas 96-96 M. Salgado 89-88 Pepe 92/93 Sergio Ramos 95-95 Fabio Cannavaro 96-96 Marcelo 89-90 (even 91 if lucky) Royston Drenthe 88-88 Heinz

Re: Spanish Ratings Yes. He has to get 90' date=' it would be a really bad mistake on SM's part if he were to stay on 89. Not too sure. He has a shot at 89, but theres more of a chance that he'll

Re: Spanish Ratings

Could anybody tell me if Gago' date=' Santi Cazorla, De La Red, Arango, Joaquin, Mata, Pablo Hernandez will go up.[/quote']

Gago -> 92

Santi -> 92

De la Red -> 89

Arango -> 91

Joaquin -> 91

Mata -> 90

Pablo -> 88/89 (if SM watch Valencia games he'll get the 89)

will iraola go up and what will higuain get

Can't see Iraola going pu to be honest mate, mainly due to Bilbao's position in the league but also I don't think he's played to a 91 standard all season, he can be inconsistent.

Higuain surely a 92, if not 93.

He won't get a 93 but if he doesnt get his 92 then SM should be shot.

Can't see Iraola going pu to be honest mate' date=' mainly due to Bilbao's position in the league but also I don't think he's played to a 91 standard all season, he can be inconsistent.

Higuain surely a 92, if not 93.

He won't get a 93 but if he doesnt get his 92 then SM should be shot.[/quote']

He could only get 91, because he doesn't play for Argentina...

91/92 though.

He could only get 91' date=' because he doesn't play for Argentina...

91/92 though.[/quote']

So what?

Raul barely plays for spain yet he's a 95.

With the way he's played he is easily worth a 92, it's not his fault that Argentina's front line ahead of him consists of a 97, a 94 and an ex 94 who's a 93 now. As well as a another 93 just behind them (Milito).

So what?

Raul barely plays for spain yet he's a 95.

With the way he's played he is easily worth a 92' date=' it's not his fault that Argentina's front line ahead of him consists of a 97, a 94 and an ex 94 who's a 93 now. As well as a another 93 just behind them (Milito).[/quote']

fair enough, if he was a 92 already, or even a 93, he'd probably keep his rating but SM just don't like putting 90+ players up by more than 1. i reckon he will get a 91

fair enough' date=' if he was a 92 already, or even a 93, he'd probably keep his rating but SM just don't like putting 90+ players up by more than 1. i reckon he will get a 91[/quote']

So what, he's had a brilliant season and top scorers wise -

Samuel Eto'o (96 ->97)) 27

Villa (95 ->96) 26

Diego Forlán (93 ->94) 25

Lionel Messi (97 ->98) 23

A. Negredo (89 ->90) 19

Thierry Henry (95 ->96) 19

Gonzálo Higuaín 19

Raúl (95) 18

Frederic Kanouté (94) 17

Sergio Agüero (94) 14

I mean, look at that top scorers list....

Negredo and Higuain are the anomalies. I think Higuain should get ahead of Negredo though because of the club he plays for. He's playing week in week out for Real Madrid, who are 2nd in the league whereas Negredo is playing for Almeria who are in mid table.

I mean that's just statistical stuff, but just watching him play you can see his light years ahead of players at 90 and better than a 91 player. I mean more stats again, he's joint 10th in the leading assists table, with 8. Again ahead of Raul, Kanoute, Aguero, Iniesta, David Silva, Simao....

He's had a great season, personally, building on top of very good previous season. It would be unfair for him to not be put up to 92.

Just my 2 cents...

I honestly believe Higuain will get the 92. He's held Real's season together for them, and been more effective than many a higher rated player. I think it will be Marcelo that seals it for him. He's been a revelation since moving to LW, and I think he's done enough there to have a good shot at 91. Assuming he gets that 91, there is no way Higuain can only rise by the same amount.

It wouldn't be wrong to say this is first real good season for Madrid and Madrid won't be winning anything this season. you guys want him to be a 92 when Micheal Carrick is still somehow a 92 after being a regular with the best side in the world for 3 years??

and the manc brings it back to carrick... :rolleyes:

It wouldn't be wrong to say this is first real good season for Madrid and Madrid won't be winning anything this season. you guys want him to be a 92 when Micheal Carrick is still somehow a 92 after being a regular with the best side in the world for 3 years??

That's a fair comment. But we all know that SM don't compare different countries when they rate, they compare within the league. For example, last time round, Tuncay kept his 90, and Higuain rose to 90. There is no doubting that the latter is the superior player, but when rated WITHIN the leagues, they were fair ratings. This time round, Sulejmani kept his 88, which means he is now rated the same as Jermaine Pennant and El Hadji Diouf. I'm sorry, but I know which player out of the 3 I'd prefer. I totally agree that Higuain hasn't done as much as Carrick, but the mistake there is that Carrick should have got 93, not that Higuain shouldn't get 92. SM rate within the countries, and Higuain has done more than enough for a +2.

That's a fair comment. But we all know that SM don't compare different countries when they rate' date=' they compare within the league. For example, last time round, Tuncay kept his 90, and Higuain rose to 90. There is no doubting that the latter is the superior player, but when rated WITHIN the leagues, they were fair ratings. This time round, Sulejmani kept his 88, which means he is now rated the same as Jermaine Pennant and El Hadji Diouf. I'm sorry, but I know which player out of the 3 I'd prefer. I totally agree that Higuain hasn't done as much as Carrick, but the mistake there is that Carrick should have got 93, not that Higuain shouldn't get 92. SM rate within the countries, and Higuain has done more than enough for a +2.[/quote']

Fair enough

and the manc brings it back to carrick... :rolleyes:

so would that "manc" be allowed to make that factual reference if he used a different player for an example?? where was the need for ur comment lol... yes carrick should have got a 93 but once man u win the champions league and the league as well as the rest of there trophies am sure he will rise... (I'm from Glasgow so clearly my opinion isnt one that would validate "the manc brings it back to carrick :P)

on the topic of higauin he has had a good season... but as reffered to before its one good season, SM are really conservative and maybe if he was banging them in last year he would defo get 92! he is quite obviously gonna get a 91 at least but we will all have to wait and see what he rises too, at this point we are all just debating sumthing that we can do nothing about lol

So?? Sad Liverpool fans

because it is a completely irrelevant comparision?? gago and carrick is a fair comparision as they play in similar positions - higuain and carrick is not as they are totally different types of players - carrick is a CM and higuain is forward ffs (and IMO higuain has been the better of the two players in the past 2 seasons, completely saving real madrid's backside in a manner that is usually reserved for casillas in recent years and he'd more than deserve a 92, even a 93 wouldnt be unfair for how he has played the past 2 seasons, not that he'll get it, and the success of the two teams is a moot factor in this debate anyway)

because it is a completely irrelevant comparision?? gago and carrick is a fair comparision as they play in similar positions - higuain and carrick is not as they are totally different types of players - carrick is a CM and higuain is forward ffs (and IMO higuain has been the better of the two players in the past 2 seasons' date=' completely saving real madrid's backside in a manner that is usually reserved for casillas in recent years and he'd more than deserve a 92, even a 93 wouldnt be unfair for how he has played the past 2 seasons, not that he'll get it, and the success of the two teams is a moot factor in this debate anyway)[/quote']

I was not comparing them with regards to how well they play or their abilities. I just said Higuain DOES not deserve 92 the same as Carrick based on his first good season. Carrick has been brilliant for us ever since he has joined and been a regular for every one of those seasons. The fact that Gago may join Carrick on 92 is disgusting. Carrick is the better player IMO and by some distance.

I just said Higuain DOES not deserve 92 the same as Carrick based on his first good season.

higuain has had two very good seasons at real madrid so on his performances and stats definitely deserves a 92, and carrick's rating is totally irrelevant in a discussion about higuain

I can see Higauin getting 91 not 92. Madrid are not rated 13th in European rankings and have failed to do well in Europe so often now. Yet on SM their squad average rating is still the best on the game. This has to change these ratings, and I'm sure SM will bare this in mind. A lot of Madrid players will drop or stay even though they are playing, because they were overrated in the first place. Higuain has been amazing in the league for Real, but because he has no international exp. and due to Real Madrid being overrated already, will most likely only get +1.

I also think there is no way Marcelo should get 91 these changes. He's doing very well now he plays at left wing, but when you consdier how abysmal he was at the start of the season, he's probably lucky to stay. A bit of good form isn't enough to turn a play from definite drop to rise.

I also think Mata might (and deserves to) join Higuain at 91. Higuain has 21 goals and 10 assists in all competitions (total 31). Mata has 13 goals, and 19 assists in all competitions (total 32). AND Mata plays in a less advance role (left wing) and has international exp.

Arguments about Higuain to get 92:

+ Good stats, top scorer, playing well etc.

+ Important player in high-rated team

- No international experience

- Real Madrid over-rated considering poor European camparigns recently

It's 50/50. 91 is definite, but he may get 92 depending on how generous SM are feeling. My money's on 91, because +2s once you reach 90 is pretty rare.

Madrid are not rated 13th in European rankings and have failed to do well in Europe so often now. Yet on SM their squad average rating is still the best on the game. This has to change these ratings' date=' and I'm sure SM will bare this in mind.[/quote']

if you look closely at the squads there is a very good reason why their squad average is higher than the other top teams in the game - there is only 1 youth player player assigned to real madrid (dani parejo) as most are assigned to the castilla squad and he is an 80 rated player, whereas barca have 12 players rated 80 or less (mostly youth players who've had the odd first team appearance and the odd older player like maric, verdes and espasandin, man united have 7 in that range (plus lee martin who is an 81) who are all young players and inter have 7 youth players rated less than 80, and these youth players are weighing down the average of those other three teams compared to madrid as their youth players are assigned to the first team whereas madrid's are assigned to the castilla team or loaned out and most of their squad are fairly established (after parejo the next lowest rated players are guys like dudek, faubert and salgado, who are all established players)