Spanish Ratings

Re: Spanish Ratings

I can't see why Valdes would rise...

Gago has a 70% chance of rising imo' date=' and Marcelo about a 15% chance.

Higuain will rise for sure though.[/quote']

Why wont Valdez rise?

Champions League Final, La Liga winners... Only thing against him is lack of International football. 92 would be perfect for him. If Reaina is 93.

Marcelo will get a position change too though wont he?

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Spanish Ratings Here are my thoughts on the Sevilla ratings. Please bear in mind that this is my first attempt at predicting rating changes, so it might not be 100% accurate. I’m mainly doing thi

Re: Spanish Ratings My Predicted Real Changes Casillas 96-96 M. Salgado 89-88 Pepe 92/93 Sergio Ramos 95-95 Fabio Cannavaro 96-96 Marcelo 89-90 (even 91 if lucky) Royston Drenthe 88-88 Heinz

Re: Spanish Ratings Yes. He has to get 90' date=' it would be a really bad mistake on SM's part if he were to stay on 89. Not too sure. He has a shot at 89, but theres more of a chance that he'll

Well valdes playes for the best team in the world' date=' The champion league final, Won the league, He could get 92/93 and if he gets intnational football then he could get 94/93 Next time ?[/quote']

I wouldn't overdo it. He'll be lucky to get 92 and the only reason he would get it is for Barca's success because, quite simply, he's just not as good as players like Reina, Frey, Van Der Sar etc. He's not even up to the standard of players like Given and Mandanda in my opinion. He'll always do a job for Barca, but he's nothing special.

Why wont Valdez rise?

Champions League Final' date=' La Liga winners... Only thing against him is lack of International football. 92 would be perfect for him. If Reaina is 93.

Marcelo will get a position change too though wont he?[/quote']

If Valdes rises it's down to stats alone. He isn't a great keeper, and is definetely the week link of Barcelona. If he was playing for any club outside the top 5 in Spain, he would be rated 88/89 max. He has no international under his belt, not even been called up. Cassilas, Reina, Palop, Lopez, etc are all ahead of him. If he rises surely Palop has to as well. Reina is rated higher because he has won Premier League Golden Glove last 3/4 years running, has the best distribution in the world, and would start in goal for any other nation in the world.

And yes, Marcelo should change to LM/LB.

Guest Football8

Well valdes playes for the best team in the world' date=' The champion league final, Won the league, He could get 92/93 and if he gets intnational football then he could get 94/93 Next time ?[/quote']

93/94 is just too much, Barca's team performance and their success this season is mostly the reason why Valdes will rise. Anyway he has Reina and Casillas in front of him, which isn't changing anytime soon. :)

Higuain is playing for the best club in the world and is the top scorer for them. Whereas Sand isn't playing at a high level as Higuain. :)

Next time you post something it actually helps if you read the whole discussion rather than just one post. :)

Real best in the world?! I'll have whatever your on mate please. If Real came to the EPL you'd be scrapping for 5th place with Everton and Villa...

Is FERNANDO Llorente playing for a better club then JOSEBA Llorente? No.

The last post for Fernando's +2 and 0 for Joseba stated that he had featured 3 times for Spain as a possible reason. If that is a reason then Higuain being behind Sand is one reason why he shouldn't rise, i've not read anything about him undecided which country to play for... but either way it seems one rule for one player and one for another.

and burs i'm sorry but stats can be turned around in anyones favour really. Joseba has a better goal ratio per game than Fernando if you want another... plus he has featured in the CL with his club reaching the 1/8 finals.

Not that i don't think Higuain doesn't deserve to rise he clearly does but it seems SM has a little bit of a teenage crush on anyone who plays in Spain the problem is that it is double standards. Not that i'm really bothered as 75% of the players in all 3 of my teams play in La liga as i know they will get inflated ratings helping me.

You've got holes everywhere. First of all Joseba scored 11 goals in 30 league appearances this season' date=' how's that scoring a good amount of goals?

Villareal are only 14 points ahead of Bilbao in the league so not that much different between them.

Anyway, my main point was that you said he should of got it for playing 27 games which isn't true.

He's very wasteful of chances as well though, if he was a better finisher he could quite easily have double the amount of goals he has now.[/quote']

I can think of a lot higher rated forwards that would he happy with his statistics compared to their own. I fail to see how 14 points is not much of a difference with 2 games to go, maybe if there were 8 games left i might consider it.

Adebayor maintains a 93 rating and he is the worst finisher of a ball for a centre forward i've ever seen.

The Sand argument is interesting' date=' but the fact of the matter is that there is easily a 2/3 ratings-between-players gap with Lanus and Real Madrid. Well more than that, but I mean Higuain and Sand wise there could easily be a gap fo 3 between them just for the difference in the clubs and leagues they play in.

Higuain is playing week in week out in on of the top 3 leagues in the world, with a very good goal scoring record.

Sand is playing in the league that is much lower down on the scale, although still with some v good teams, and he also has a very good goal scoring record.

In the end, it'd only be right that Sand was 90 and Higuian 92 because of the difference in the level they're playing at. Higuain was in the champions league this season as well.

It's a poor comparison you've chosen really. International wise, Pato got a 92 this week and he has 2 fairly subs appearances for Brazil, so it surely doesn't make that much of a difference.

Also Higuain is in the current Argentina squad, he just hasn't played.[/quote']

As mentioned earlier i honestly feel that Higuain deserved his rise last time let alone this time it just amazes me with how SM change their rules from one player to the next, it's the same with certain players dropping for injuries and over not. They need to lay down rules and stick to them across the board

If Valdes rises it's down to stats alone. He isn't a great keeper' date=' and is definetely the week link of Barcelona. If he was playing for any club outside the top 5 in Spain, he would be rated 88/89 max. He has no international under his belt, not even been called up. Cassilas, Reina, Palop, Lopez, etc are all ahead of him. If he rises surely Palop has to as well. Reina is rated higher because he has won Premier League Golden Glove last 3/4 years running, has the best distribution in the world, and would start in goal for any other nation in the world.

And yes, Marcelo should change to LM/LB.[/quote']

Ben it's the Spainish rating changes and lets not forget it's SM's beloved Barcelona, Valdes has a great chance of rising because of this.

His performances are nothing short of average, players like Glen Johnson come to mind. After sending a ticket off with enough evidence to suggest a knighthood let alone a more than deserved +1 i was unpleasently replied to with this message:

'Our reporters have decided that his performances haven't justified an increase'

(One month later Glen Johnson wins PFA RB of they year ahead of 93 Boswinga, 92 Sagna and others. Also the regular NT RB) :rolleyes:

Guest Football8

I can think of a lot higher rated forwards that would he happy with his statistics compared to their own. I fail to see how 14 points is not much of a difference with 2 games to go' date=' maybe if there were 8 games left i might consider it.

Adebayor maintains a 93 rating and he is the worst finisher of a ball for a centre forward i've ever seen.

As mentioned earlier i honestly feel that Higuain deserved his rise last time let alone this time it just amazes me with how SM change their rules from one player to the next, it's the same with certain players dropping for injuries and over not. They need to lay down rules and stick to them across the board[/quote']

Higuain is playing for one of the top teams in Europe (with the best history) and is their top scorer this season, surely this deserves a 92. ;)

Anyway have to agree, Higuain should of been on 91 right now and be rising to 92/93.

Higuain is playing for the best club in the world and is the top scorer for them. Whereas Sand isn't playing at a high level as Higuain. :)

Best club in the world? I doubt that. I'm not doubting their credibility' date=' as they are a good club, but not the best in the world. I can think of a few clubs better, namely Barcelona, Man U, Internazionale, Liverpool, Norwich

Besides, the current best club in the world is Manchester United, as we say by them winning the World Club Cup. Until RM win that, they cannot be called the best club in the world.

Guest Football8

Best club in the world? I doubt that. I'm not doubting their credibility' date=' as they are a good club, but not the best in the world. I can think of a few clubs better, namely Barcelona, Man U, Internazionale, Liverpool, Norwich

Besides, the current best club in the world is Manchester United, as we say by them winning the World Club Cup. Until RM win that, they cannot be called the best club in the world.

Well I mentioned a few posts back the best club with the best history.

You've got holes everywhere. First of all Joseba scored 11 goals in 30 league appearances this season' date=' how's that scoring a good amount of goals?

Villareal are only 14 points ahead of Bilbao in the league so not that much different between them.

Anyway, my main point was that you said he should of got it for playing 27 games which isn't true.

He's very wasteful of chances as well though, if he was a better finisher he could quite easily have double the amount of goals he has now.[/quote']

Joseba Llorente has 11 goals from 27 starts in la liga and has 4 goals in 4 starts in the champions league. He may well be wasteful of chances but the facts are he's got 15 goals in 31 starts. Virtually 1 in 2 which isn't bad at any level. Also Villareal might be 6th in la liga but are only 2 points off qualifying for the CL again next season. And don't forget they also reached the Champions league quarter finals this season. So for a regular starter and scorer at a top la liga club who also reached the last 8 in europe, to not reach 90 is harsh.

my point is that its not really fair to use that against SM as he was hardly the clear candidate for the RB slot in the way that the likes of vidic and gerrard were clear candidates for team of the year

My point is SM were trying to imply that it was his performances which stopped him from hitting 90, they can't of been that bad for him to get his award...

All i'm saying is when SM get stuck in a corner they just pull out the ace card which is 'performances'.

Burs i can't possibly argue with you anymore as i am getting worried with myself that everytime i see your sig i laugh :o

Rossi does go up, Nihat down... you lot were all complaining yesterday when they hadn't finished the ratings.

Valencia ratings in.

Mata up 2 :D;

Sanchez up;

Villa up;

Joaquin down;

Albelda down 2;

Vincente down;

Miguel down.

Good changes. Glad Albelda finally gets his deserved drop, and Mata gets that +2 I've been tipping him for. Only thing I'd also give is a +1 to Pablo (Valencia's best player of late), but never mind. The Joaquin drop will surprise/annoy many, but tbf he hasn't been near to his best lately.

Rossi does go up' date=' Nihat down... you lot were all complaining yesterday when they hadn't finished the ratings.

Valencia ratings in.

Mata up 2 :D;

Sanchez up;

Villa up;

Joaquin down;

Albelda down 2;

Vincente down;

Miguel down.

Good changes. Glad Albelda finally gets his deserved drop, and Mata gets that +2 I've been tipping him for. Only thing I'd also give is a +1 to Pablo (Valencia's best player of late), but never mind. The Joaquin drop will surprise/annoy many, but tbf he hasn't been near to his best lately.[/quote']

No rise for Fernandes? Too bad, but not unexpected. What about Angel Michel?