Spanish Ratings

Ricardo Kaka

Re: Spanish Ratings

If a team studded with superstars doesn't win anything for a whole year then all those stars have to be dropped unless you can point to a given one and say this is why he stood out. Their ratings last season reflect the Barca that won the League/CL double, when they don't win either the next year the ratings have to reflect that.

I Cant see why Eto went down. Hes better than Van Nistlerooy and far better than Rooney ! Also not too happy about Marquez i know he hasnt been on top of his game but there are afew CBs that are 94' date='05 that he is far better than.[/quote']

I can, Eto'o has been injured for long amounts of time thus he has not much form to go by and injured doesn't deserve a 97. While Marquez deserves that 94, but still he isn't better than Vidic,Carvalho, Carragher. Only 94 who he may be better than is Lucio. I'd say 94 is fair he really hasn't shown himself to be back to his 96 state

I totally agree with Robinho's and Sergio Ramos's increase. They were absolutely magnificent last season... Sergio Ramos showed that not only can he defend, he can attack also, great crosser of the ball and had a good partnership with Beckham.

Robinho has also been fantastic, it's hard to shut this man down when his twinkle toes are in action;) 93 is about right, this is saying that He and Quaresma are playing at the same ability on the flanks.. and I totally agree, for me it's hard to compare these two... They both have skill, pace and both score plenty of goals...

As mentioned.... when a player is plagued by injuries then you don't see much of him and his abilities are doubted. Let us see if Eto'o can bounce back to his best and win that 97 rating back.

Happy to see that Henry & Ronnie stayed the same, I think Ronnie will bounce back now, he was in a slump and it will be his turn to shine again.

Marquez deserves the 94.. Looking back at previous La Liga matches (And last season) he made sloppy mistakes which 95 rated players don't make, he and Nesta were 95's but you don't see Nesta making these mistakes.

Valdes also deserved his 91 rating, can't see him being the same as Milan giant Dida.. makes silly mistakes and sometimes costs his teams wins.

I totally agree with Robinho's and Sergio Ramos's increase. They were absolutely magnificent last season... Sergio Ramos showed that not only can he defend' date=' he can attack also, great crosser of the ball and had a good partnership with Beckham.

Robinho has also been fantastic, it's hard to shut this man down when his twinkle toes are in action;) 93 is about right, this is saying that He and Quaresma are playing at the same ability on the flanks.. and I totally agree, for me it's hard to compare these two... They both have skill, pace and both score plenty of goals...

As mentioned.... when a player is plagued by injuries then you don't see much of him and his abilities are doubted. Let us see if Eto'o can bounce back to his best and win that 97 rating back.

Happy to see that Henry & Ronnie stayed the same, I think Ronnie will bounce back now, he was in a slump and it will be his turn to shine again.

Marquez deserves the 94.. Looking back at previous La Liga matches (And last season) he made sloppy mistakes which 95 rated players don't make, he and Nesta were 95's but you don't see Nesta making these mistakes.

Valdes also deserved his 91 rating, can't see him being the same as Milan giant Dida.. makes silly mistakes and sometimes costs his teams wins.[/quote']

Robinho and Sergio Ramos's ratings are deserved. Eto'o should have stayed though. Dida makes more mistakes than Victor Valdes and Dida deserves a 90. Nesta sometimes make mistakes but I think Marquez as a 95 is fine, not really big if went down to 94 like now.

• 2 months later...

Can anyone tell me something about Real Betis defender Branko ILIC? Is he a first team regular... and, more importantly, will his ratings go up or down in the next rating change?

Another player I'm curious about is Real Sociedad midfielder Dalibor STEVANOVIC. Any thoughts on him? Will he get an increase? I couldn't find any stats info on him for this season, but I know that he is considered by many to be the brightest prospects from Slovenia after Zlatko ZAHOVIC.

What do you think about Alberto Riera? He plays for Espanyol (5th place in Primera Division) and he played all the 15 games so far (14 starts and 1 sub) - 3 goals. He also made 2 sub appearances for Spain in the Euro 2008 Qualifiers and he managed to score 1 goal.

Riera is currently 88, but i think he deserves 89 or even 90. What do u guys think?

What do you think about Alberto Riera? He plays for Espanyol (5th place in Primera Division) and he played all the 15 games so far (14 starts and 1 sub) - 3 goals. He also made 2 sub appearances for Spain in the Euro 2008 Qualifiers and he managed to score 1 goal.

Riera is currently 88' date=' but i think he deserves 89 or even 90. What do u guys think?[/quote']

I think he's ready for an 89, but no more.

I agree Messi is a great player. But still don't agree he is the greatest one. Do you think he is as good as C. Ronaldo? Or Gerrard?

better than gerrard!! any day son....better than c.ronaldo. they are about the same...

better than gerrard!! any day son....better than c.ronaldo. they are about the same...

You can never compare Gerrard and Messi , they have different playing positions and styles . I guess if you put Messi in Gerrard's position and ask him to win balls , he will be rated 84/85 by SM and the same goes to Gerrard .

Federico Fazio of Sevilla (mentioned on the forum lots) should be due a decent increase... rated 83 and has played 11 games this season chalking up 851 minutes on the pitch. Upto 86?

Yeah i agree up to 86/87 starting games for a top spanish club like Sevilla at a young age warrants a big increase.

Also he looks to be first choice centre back now but that may just be due to injuries.

Daniel Guiza should go up to 90/91 started all of mallorca's games this season scored 7 league goals plus he has been recently called up to the National team so i think he should move from 89 too 90/91.

Ill just add that many 90+ strikers in La Liga have scored less than Guiza.