Spanish Ratings

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Spanish Ratings Here are my thoughts on the Sevilla ratings. Please bear in mind that this is my first attempt at predicting rating changes, so it might not be 100% accurate. I’m mainly doing thi

Re: Spanish Ratings My Predicted Real Changes Casillas 96-96 M. Salgado 89-88 Pepe 92/93 Sergio Ramos 95-95 Fabio Cannavaro 96-96 Marcelo 89-90 (even 91 if lucky) Royston Drenthe 88-88 Heinz

Re: Spanish Ratings Yes. He has to get 90' date=' it would be a really bad mistake on SM's part if he were to stay on 89. Not too sure. He has a shot at 89, but theres more of a chance that he'll

Re: Spanish Ratings

Just had a reply to a ticket on Badias Carlos Garcia, and this may concern others as well. The Dev said that they are being careful not to overrate teams (especially Almeria due to this being their first season in the top flight, and him (Carlos Garcia) not having enough experience) as they did with Reading last season, and they do not want to decrease them. Also he said that Almeria in 8th can mathematically still be relegated and therefore they are being extra cautious.

It's the same thing ' date=' because Ronaldinho hadn't a better season last year:rolleyes:

Ronaldinho - 93

Henry - 93

Lampard - 94[/quote']

1) Do you watch English football...clearly not if you think so low of Lampard...

2) Ronaldinho to 93...shows what you know about football dont you...i can say Ronaldinho has not been at his best for the last 2 years but he has struggled with injury...and look at his stats this season...13 starts 4 Sub appearances with 8 goals which is pretty good seeing hes not near his best...but to think Ronaldinho should go down to 93 from being the only 99 on the game just for having a poor season...last season still managed to scrap 21 league goals which is good seeing hes not use to having the lead striker role...

3)Henry like i said dont care about him but 93 just shows your knowledge...

ATLEAST give GOOD reasons for these ratings...instead of saying ' i have my own idea'

Players who have earned the right over the last couple of seasons to be one of the best players in the world, should not drop drastically over the course of a poor season. They have set high standards for enough seasons that some new player should not be able to shoot past them after 1 or 2 seasons of playing really well. Give the decreases a more gradual time to come down, lets not make it to drastic.

I think some people don't realise they are based on two years performance.

Some people don't realize because I'm not sure it is the case now....

Certain players have dropped after a bad month or so. I don't think that 2 yr form still applies.....

I have spoken a bit about this before and I am still not sure....

Some Changes are seen as being harsh in all countries so I think its not just the Spanish League that is under-rated...

They have confirmed that Espanyol have let in a flood of goals recently and hence a rating of 89 for Marc Torrejon is fine.

Giving up a total of 4 goals in their last 5 games is now considered a "flood?" Wow...I've gone from being very disappointed to massively disappointed.

hmmm looks as though we are seeing some 2nd division changes still today. :confused:

Yah, I saw that too. However Singh's post on the last page has me thinking all these changes we expected (but didn't happen) are indeed not going to happen.

Still shaking my head at the Espanyol explanation.

Yah' date=' I saw that too. However Singh's post on the last page has me thinking all these changes we expected (but didn't happen) are indeed not going to happen.

Still shaking my head at the Espanyol explanation.[/quote']

SM are always conservative but i think they have been even more so this time, hopefully they dont do this to the italian ratings!

I would love to know their justification for keeping Saviola at 91.

He was lucky to only drop 1 point from 92 in the last change. And then this change he stayed the same!

His stats in La Liga for the past 2 seasons...

2006 Barcelona - 673mins 5goals

2007 Real Madrid - 383mins 3goals

Well, I tried my hand at getting SM to reconsider Marc Torrejon & Zabaleta...to no avail.

From the response I got, it looks like it basically comes down to the fact that they lost 4-0 to Murcia & 3-0 to Santander back in March (regardless of their form since) & that Espanyol have fallen out of CL contention.

I don't see SM changing their opinion on this one, unfortunately.

Well' date=' I tried my hand at getting SM to reconsider Marc Torrejon & Zabaleta...to no avail.

From the response I got, it looks like it basically comes down to the fact that they lost 4-0 to Murcia & 3-0 to Santander back in March (regardless of their form since) & that Espanyol have fallen out of CL contention.

I don't see SM changing their opinion on this one, unfortunately.[/quote']

SM have their reason for the changes they do or don't make, players of the games opinions matter little to them when they judge players abilities!!

SM have their reason for the changes they do or don't make' date=' players of the games opinions matter little to them when they judge players abilities!![/quote']

totally agree... they cant make everyone happy ... unless of course they made every players rating 99 :)

people tend to be biased towards the players in their own team anyway, they do what give whatever they see fit from a totally unbaised point of view

Yeah' date=' I am new to this & unfortunately have learned this lesson the hard way...take the projections you see in the forums with a big grain of salt.

I just wasted tens of millions on players expected to rise, only to be grossly disappointed.[/quote']

There are some people on the forum who are worth listening too but many that are not for various reasons.

I asked about Marcelo and Llorente as was surprised these two didn't increase:

Hi,

I thought I would join the legion of complainants here:

http://www.soccermanager.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=14919

...and ask about a few Spanish changes.

Marcelo - still rated 89. This is the same as someone like Lell. Marcelo plays in a superior league, has been capped for his country, plays for the side who have just retained the title, and started a high % of their games this season (22 of 35 in the league, plus plenty of CL games). He is rated lower than players who have played far less (Heinze, Metzelder, Pepe, Gago, Baptista, i could go on). Was wondering why he was not increased? He is currently rated the same as Matthew Upson who was reviewed not long ago.

Llorente - still rated 88. Averaged a goal every other game this season, riding high in the top scorers chart, ahead of the likes of Nihat (who increased), Milito, Forlan, Kanoute, Villa, Nistelrooy (I could go on) all of whom are much higher rated. This is no fluke as he got 17 in 27 starts last season.

After inflating France, Germany, Holland's rating, keeping players like this who play on a better level (no offense to the other leagues) on these ratings seems rather inconsistent?

Thanks

Steve

SM Support said: 2008-05-08 08:49:30 BST

Hi tebthereb,

We are becoming sick and tired of explaining every decision we make, instead we would like people to prove to us beyond doubt why they should increase. Most of our time is now spent responding to e-mails and support tickets about this rating or that rating.

Anyway about those two.....this is Llorente's first full season at this level. He has already increased two ratings in February. If he continues to score goals next season then he will increase again.

Marcelo as well - first full season at this level, played three friendlies for Brazil, overlooked for the biggest Real games because he is not completely trusted by the Schuster, will almost certainly rise next time. If Real had a crucial game tomorrow they would select Ramos, Canna, Pepe and Heinze - Marcelo has played so much because of injuries to the latter two. He has impressed going forward, but can be left exposed defensively which is where having the best keeper in the world Iker Casillas comes in handy.

Regards

Will

You said: 2008-05-08 18:41:38 BST

Hi Will,

I am becoming sick and tired of getting rude support replies. The site does ask on the Player Ratings page that we contact SM with opinions. If you don't like the amount of objections you are getting from the community perhaps you should interact more with the community, and you certainly shouldn't be having a go at an individual (me) about my opinion. I fail to see what your opening paragraph gives, besides a headache to me.

If the information I provided does not say why these players should increase beyond doubt I don't see what does. Saying Marcelo is not picked for big games seems odd given his Champions League experience and the fact that he also started against Barca last night and most of the games this season. All of those games played are not through injury; and even if they were then I don't see why this is a reason not to increase him as players constantly get match time through the opportunity that arises from other players injury. He hasnt bungled these chances and at the end of the day I think the Brazilian team coach and the Real Madrid coach know better than SM and his match time reflects their faith in him; they have other options after all.

LLorente scored lots in the Segunda and now the Primera, yes. I don't see why his increasing in February prevents an increase now - many players rise in successive reviews. You talk about this being his first full season at this level; but I don't see why this matters. Nihat did nothing last season and was wallowing with Real Sociedad near the foot of La Liga before that, yet got an increase to 92 this time. Llorente has shown sustained form over the whole season where plenty of others have not done (who have not decreased).

6 months ago I would not have argued such ratings but having seen all manner of players given increases from the Bundesliga (which Iain tells me was largely in response to community pressure for higher ratings for these leagues) I find it difficult to understand why superior players from superior leagues are left on the same rating. If you disagree with me that is of course fine but please don't lambast me for having an opinion - this is the first ticket I have EVER sent through the game about ratings so I hardly feel responsible for you frittering your time away responding to any moronic comments.

Thanks

Steve

Their mind seems pretty set so I don't fancy chances of an increase for them...

I asked about Marcelo and Llorente as was surprised these two didn't increase:

Their mind seems pretty set so I don't fancy chances of an increase for them...

In Wills reply to you...i can see he says Casillas is the worlds best keeper....so why didnt he rise...might just have to send a ticket about that:p ...but seriously Casillas has had his best season in his career and it goes unseen by SM...but they dont have the BALLZ to do it...