Spanish Ratings

Ricardo Kaka

Re: Spanish Ratings

Totally agree with you on this one teb. And another thing, who else first season is it in the big league - Serie A this time - Boriello. Rated 90! playing for Genoa and Llorente is only 88 is very surprising for me as last season Borriello was playing in Serie B, just as Llorente was playing in Segunda. But that response was pretty harsh!

I asked about Marcelo and Llorente as was surprised these two didn't increase:

Their mind seems pretty set so I don't fancy chances of an increase for them...

That's a disappointing response considering they have openly asked for people's opinions on ratings.

Without getting into individual players, the whole "first season at this level" thing does not wash with me, I can name plenty of players from other leagues who have hit 90 in their first season at the very top (Anderson & Nani at Utd just to name two, and Borriello)

Also, they ask you to "prove beyond doubt" that they should get a rise....what more can you do than quote stats at them? Any opinion can be argued......if things were beyond doubt why bother with forums and feedback? :D

In Wills reply to you...i can see he says Casillas is the worlds best keeper....so why didnt he rise...might just have to send a ticket about that:p ...but seriously Casillas has had his best season in his career and it goes unseen by SM...but they dont have the BALLZ to do it...

Good point, at the moment he is slightly ahead of Cech & Buffon and his rating should reflect that

I'm not sure about Buffon but him and Casillas are both top class. To be honest, i think their SM ratings will depend on who wins Euro 2008, cause you'd be a brave man to bet against Italy or Spain to win it. Whoever performs best at the Euros will get 97 i think

Totally agree with you on this one teb. And another thing' date=' who else first season is it in the big league - Serie A this time - Boriello. Rated 90! playing for Genoa and Llorente is only 88 is very surprising for me as last season Borriello was playing in Serie B, just as Llorente was playing in Segunda. But that response was pretty harsh![/quote']I didn't think of that comparison and it is a very good one! Wish I had thought of it. I suspect they will point to Boriello's caps (but they were only friendlies which seemed to count against Marcelo :confused: )

I also think it is strange they perceive Casillas as the best yet keep his rating on a par with Buffon who I can't see decreasing to 95.

Will post how it pans out, they closed the ticket the first time though and probably will again, they generally take unkindly to tickets being reopened and me responding in kind.

Not sure either what more I can do besides give stats if they want something beyond doubt...Sigh...The woes of being far too absorbed in this game :D

Well i found myself rambling on about earning new contracts and call ups to national squads. God knows, its all a bit too complicated if you ask me, I don't think there is anything you can say against Marcelo getting a 90 rating though, playing for arguably the best team in the world, called up for arguably the best country in the world, and yet still finds himself below the likes of Gago in the ratings. Dont get me wrong Gago is a class act but Marcelo deserves 90 no doubt.

I asked about Marcelo and Llorente

Wow, customer relations really are dead! One of the most shocking posts I've read recently. "We are becoming sick and tired of explaining every decision we make." Firstly if this is the case a simple note on the support ticket section explaining this would help!

If your post said "I fink Marcelo shud go up cause I fink he's good", I may have simpathy for the support team, but it was a compelling case you put forward. Also you say its your first ever ticket sent regarding player ratings!

The response from SM support was both childish and insulting in my opinion. They've created such a great game its a shame to spoil it.

Interesting...I got a touch of defensive attitude from another member of the SM team in their response to my ratings inquiry earlier this week.

It definitely seems like they have become much more conservative lately. This is not a problem in and of itself, but as some of you have noted, it makes for a very inconsistent database when they change their methodology half-way through.

Perhaps they should have adopted their seemingly new policies at the beginning of the next normal rating rotation & when most of the big leagues start fresh.

• 4 months later...

I believe you all saw Cech kicking his country out of Euro. I won't say that this one match will make him drop a class, but it is just one example. Buffon and Casillas are a bit ahead of him, and IMO, only these 2 can be discussed over the worlds best keeper.

And as for ratings, they both deserve 97. If attacking players can get ratings 98 and 99, than surely both of them should get a raise

I believe you all saw Cech kicking his country out of Euro.

Yes, of course. People that did't see that match say it. If you had seen it, you wouldn't say that. It was a total collaps of whole Czech team with Cech beeing part of it. I don't say he performed well on Euro, but he really wasn't the one to "kick his country out of Euro"

EDIT: sorry for OT, I just had to reply

Yes' date=' of course. People that did't see that match say it. If you had seen it, you wouldn't say that. It was a total collaps of whole Czech team with Cech beeing part of it. I don't say he performed well on Euro, but he really wasn't the one to "kick his country out of Euro"

EDIT: sorry for OT, I just had to reply[/quote']

I just meant that the goal is his fault dropping the ball, and then they got another pretty soon. And i can't remember Buffon or Casillas doing something similar recent years.

And to get on topic, yes, Casillas is clear 97, with Buffon. If those two don't deserve it now, i doubt any goalkeepers will anytime soon. Outsanding carrers for both, and 96 too low.

I believe you all saw Cech kicking his country out of Euro. I won't say that this one match will make him drop a class' date=' but it is just one example. Buffon and Casillas are a bit ahead of him, and IMO, only these 2 can be discussed over the worlds best keeper.

And as for ratings, they both deserve 97. If attacking players can get ratings 98 and 99, than surely both of them should get a raise[/quote']

It's called a mistake. And everybody does it. Did you see Buffon let the ball slip through his hands and hit the post in the Euro's? But mate, even if he wouldn't have dropped it Turkey still scored, it would've went to overtime.

It's called a mistake. And everybody does it. Did you see Buffon let the ball slip through his hands and hit the post in the Euro's? But mate' date=' even if he wouldn't have dropped it Turkey still scored, it would've went to overtime.[/quote']

I did see Buffon in a bad position with first Snejder goal at the Euro's. :P

Peter Schmeichel was better than them both' date=' and he dropped some clangers. It happens. Just seems that when a keeper does it he gets more critism than say a striker for missing, or a midfielder who plays a bad ball :rolleyes:[/quote']

But is he on the DB? Then I believe that this comment is irrelevant to the current discussion.