• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

2013 Brazilian league started last night. You can read my preview here http://www.sambafoot.com/en/news/47468_brasileirao_preview_2013__p-v_.html Young attacking midfielder Fred played a full game fo

Re: Brazilian Football I can't remember in that particular game' date=' but he's having a decent season overall.I wrote something about Cruzeiro on Sambafoot here [url']http://www.sambafoot.com/en/ne

Re: Brazilian Football best substitution ever ?

Re: Brazilian Football

Good summary:

;2790369']going into the final 2 rounds' date=' action hotting up both ends of the table.

the 2nd & 3rd Copa Lib spots are being battled for by surprise sides Atlético PR & Goias (led by Porto flop Walter) with powerhouse clubs Gremio & Botafogo.

the vital fixtures remaining..

Atlético PR away to Santos, then home to strugglers Vasco. Currently in 2nd, a significant goal advanatge, 3 points at Santos could wrap up a top 3 finish, a massive overachievement for the Paraná side.

Gremio host Goias in a 'death match' if Gremio win it will more or less secure a top 3 spot. However if Goias win, it could throw it all wide open for the 'minnows'....Gremio also to face Portuguesa away so will fancy there chances, and Goias will entertain Santos at home, so if they get anything at Gremio, they will go all out at home.

Botafogo could sneak in and spoil the party, they have a superior goal difference and face 2 struggling sides in Coritiba (away) & Criciuma (home).

But the relegation scrap is getting fierce. Nautico long since relegated, now joined by Ponte Preta.

Vasco da Gama & Coritiba make up the other 2 spots, but just separated by thin air (level on goals and points) are title holders Fluminense. A point above is Criciuma, then Portuguesa, Bahia & Internacional have now been dragged into the fight.

12 Internacional -1 46

13 Bahia -8 45

14 Portuguesa +2 44

15 Criciúma -12 43

16 Fluminense -5 42

17 Coritiba -5 42

18 Vasco da Gama -9 41

19 Ponte Preta -16 36 [b']R[/b]

20 Náutico -56 17 R

Coritiba are on the worse run of form in the league (2 points from 15), but 2nd worst in the Internacional club (just 4 from 15). They both played out a 0-0 draw at the weekend, INT fielding a strong experienced side for the win but failed to do so.

They have been playing younger & inexperienced players over the season to blood new legs for the agieing stars at the club (Forlan, D'Alessandro, Kleber, Juan, Indio) and the plan could well go horribly wrong.....So have your offers ready to sell Damiao et al ;)

They run in with a trip to Corinthians on Sunday, and finish at home to relegated Ponte Preta. Bar an absolute balls up, they will survive.

Fluminense season has been a shambles, but largely due to the injury troubles to talismanic striker Fred. He has been linked with a big move to champions Cruzeiro (where he starred in 2005 with 41 goals in 43 games, prompting Lyon to buy him) and relegation for FLU would all but seal that deal. Again, FLU have relied on young talent this season, giveing many young starlets there first team bow. Relegation could be a hinderance, if FLU chose the quick return and go for older heads, yet if they survive, the youngest will get another crack at the top flight. FLU run in with a home tie with Ath MG (beating the big sides but losing to the strugglers - handy for FLU), then a big away finale to fellow relegation battlers Bahia.

Nautico & Ponte are gone, i predict Cortibia & Criciuma to join them. All the big boys to beat the drop.

Top 3, too close to call....

The Brasiliero once again throwing up shocks and surprises all the way down to the season finale.

• 3 weeks later...

Brazil international Leandro Damiao has joined Santos from Internacional on a five-year contract.

The forward, who was regularly linked with Premier League side Tottenham during the summer, has made the move for a reported fee of 13million euros.

Damiao's move was announced by the two Brazilian clubs on their respective official websites on Monday.

The 24-year-old, who was part of the Brazil squad which reach the final of the 2012 Olympics in Great Britain, is looking forward to the latest challenge of his career.

He told Lancenet: "I can't wait to start working alongside my new team-mates to make the Santos fans happy."

Hahahahahahahaaahahaha.Ronaldinho kissed by the whole Roja team' date='they took his boots off and they almost kneeled in front of him haha[/quote']Fairly pathetic but thought the great man dealt with it well. Shame the Atlético Mineiro team couldn't deal with their opposition!

EDIT: Just watched the video of it again and it's not that bad. Nice moment for them I suppose.

Best breakout talent this season?

Wont really know until after Copa SP & the regionals....youths come out of knowhere every season' date=' some from the minnow clubs as well.

Many sides have stated they will focus on younger players this season, Internacional have so many players ive been keeping tabs on for 3/4 years now..Cruzeiro may build on last seasons successful use of younger players, & Gremio recruited the likes of Telles & Bressan from way down the pyramid.

I think [b']Leandro [/b]will have a good season for Gremio, they shipped out Moreno to make room, and he did very well for Palmeiras last season.

Also, a kid called Wendell could be the LB when Telles does go (Galatasaray say a deal is done)