Re: Brazilian Football

Depends who gets first team football I suppose.

Some teams probably playing a waiting game as to when these players will get noticed then sold within months!

;2817554']Wont really know until after Copa SP & the regionals....youths come out of knowhere every season' date=' some from the minnow clubs as well.

Many sides have stated they will focus on younger players this season, Internacional have so many players ive been keeping tabs on for 3/4 years now..Cruzeiro may build on last seasons successful use of younger players, & Gremio recruited the likes of Telles & Bressan from way down the pyramid.

I think [b']Leandro [/b]will have a good season for Gremio, they shipped out Moreno to make room, and he did very well for Palmeiras last season.

Also, a kid called Wendell could be the LB when Telles does go (Galatasaray say a deal is done)

Oops, I actually meant last season! I see Otavinho played but were there any other breakout stars like doria was the season before?? Ive not kept up to date so much

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

2013 Brazilian league started last night. You can read my preview here http://www.sambafoot.com/en/news/47468_brasileirao_preview_2013__p-v_.html Young attacking midfielder Fred played a full game fo

Re: Brazilian Football I can't remember in that particular game' date=' but he's having a decent season overall.I wrote something about Cruzeiro on Sambafoot here [url']http://www.sambafoot.com/en/ne

Re: Brazilian Football best substitution ever ?

Oops' date=' I actually meant last season! I see Otavinho played but were there any other breakout stars like doria was the season before?? Ive not kept up to date so much[/quote']The aformentioned Telles, right back Mayke, Rodrigo Caio I like too.

Quite a few at a similar level around the age of 19-20, but Otávio and Vitinho were probably the stand-out players for me, and of course the latter was signed up half-way through the season by CSKA.

• 2 weeks later...

;2827881']Hi James' date=' i did a review of this season Copa SP to date, take a look! Add any further views you have!

[url']http://forum.soccermanager.com/showpost.php?p=2827879&postcount=3462[/url]

Great stuff that.

Have been watching a bit of it, but it can be very one sided in the early rounds. The Sao Paulo v Kashiwa Reysol game was more evenly matched though.

Reysol had much of the game v Santos, but the Brazilians scored from two corners and a couple of long range efforts.

Should be a couple of good games tonight I reckon.

• 3 months later...

Players to look out for in Brasileirão 2014:

Gabriel (Santos): Better known as Gabigol, technical player, fast, who can play in any attacking position and is the great revelation of "meninos da Vila". Already has pre-contract with Barcelona and has a higher average goals than Neymar with the same age.

Luan (Grémio): Skilled striker with killer instinct. At just 20 years of age has everything to make a great season, he was one of the highlights of Estadual. It is one of the great promises of the Brazilian. Release clause of € 60 million.

Geuvânio (Santos): Another player from "meninos da Vila". Quick striker with good finishing, good vision, he leaded the attack of the "peixe" during the Estadual, overshadowing the "millionaire" Leandro Damião.

Jose Welison (Vitória): It is the big name from the team that revealed David Luiz and Hulk. The defensive-midfielder of 19 years has a fine technique, good passing skills and is very strong in the set pieces.

Mayke (Cruzeiro): The right-back is still a reserve at Cruzeiro, but it should be for a short time. Strong offensively and speedy dribbler should be a possible name for the 2018 World Cup.

Players to look out for in Brasileirão 2014:

Gabriel (Santos): Better known as Gabigol' date=' technical player, fast, who can play in any attacking position and is the great revelation of "meninos da Vila". Already has pre-contract with Barcelona and has a higher average goals than Neymar with the same age.

[b']Luan (Grémio)[/b]: Skilled striker with killer instinct. At just 20 years of age has everything to make a great season, he was one of the highlights of Estadual. It is one of the great promises of the Brazilian. Release clause of € 60 million.

Geuvânio (Santos): Another player from "meninos da Vila". Quick striker with good finishing, good vision, he leaded the attack of the "peixe" during the Estadual, overshadowing the "millionaire" Leandro Damião.

Jose Welison (Vitória): It is the big name from the team that revealed David Luiz and Hulk. The defensive-midfielder of 19 years has a fine technique, good passing skills and is very strong in the set pieces.

Mayke (Cruzeiro): The right-back is still a reserve at Cruzeiro, but it should be for a short time. Strong offensively and speedy dribbler should be a possible name for the 2018 World Cup.

Interesting post, mate!

• 2 weeks later...

brilliant isnt it.

also Sport Recife will wear Germany, Mexico & Japan themed kit to boost the clubs profile before the WC

The side from the north-east of Brazil have come up with an original idea to promote their club on the international market.

In partnership with Adidas, their new kit manufacturer, Sport Recife will welcome fans from the eight countries scheduled to play World Cup games in the Pernambuco state capital.

Sport are planning to send an orchestra to the airport to greet each of the eight selections playing in Recife.

There will be a particularly special homage to three teams, however.

Germany, Mexico and Japan all wear kits manufactured by Adidas and Sport will don the colours of these nations in Serie A games between now and the World Cup break.

The intention is to begin with the Japan kit against Santos at the Vila Belmiro.

The specially manufactured kits will carry the flag of the guest-nation with the word ‘welcome’ written in the language of that country. Adjacent to the flag will be Sport’s traditional red and black crest with a lion in the centre.

“All rubro-negro fans have Sport as their first team, Brazil as their second. Now we’re going to help them choose their third,” said Sport’s marketing director Gabriel Freire.

Sport and Adidas will host an official event to launch the kits on May 25.

full article from sambafoot

• 1 year later...