Sign in to follow this  
Like_A_Boas

Reality Check 2

Re: Reality Check 2

Manager sackings has to be a big no for me' date=' there is no guarantee the manager sacked would take over a different club and no guarantee the replacement would be reliable.

Salary caps I also think are covered by the max squad size, not sure we need both or how adding a salary cap would benefit the gameworld.

Just think we need to work on rules, make sure they make sense and ones designed to benefit a club actually do benefit and those that are put in place for under performing clubs are not too harsh.[/quote']

The manager sacking was a joke salary caps would make a difference IMO but it's not that great an idea on it's own tbh.

I think like you say a solid set of fair rules is most important. While we want to reward success I think sometimes we reward teams unfairly and punish quite harshly.

For example 1 bad season losing your best player would be very severe whereas 2 bad seasons would be more understandable?

Or one good season and suddenly being able to buy Ronaldo/Messi etc

Like the reality side needs to be emphasised.

Well, I lost two players

Red rule

Orange rule *I sold early,knowing we wouldn't promote*

some how, I wouldnt mind seeing the youths involved more

playing them in more games

also, for team/s lower down the pecking order

something needs to be addressed so were all on the same playing field

eg: not realist or r/l but no player in div 1/2 wants to play in div3

so how do we address this or we dont :confused:

imo youths need to play in all Divs ,

x amount of games per say eg only

Div1 (4)

Div2 (8)

Div3 (10)

or leave it as it is with lower ****** order teams semi struggling

Not worried about your Suarez already are you Ben :rolleyes:

Not really as there's never been an instance where a teams best player *in this GW* has left after one bad season.

Besides the one red rule I did have which was about playing Cesar or Alves I sorted last season by selling Alves.

I do feel though that we need to be careful with bigger sides not to overpower them.

Success and failure should be rewarded/punished but not too extremely.

It shouldn't be that one bad season cripples a team or that one good season makes a team world beaters.

For example Manchester United in real life. Having a bad season does that mean that they'll lose their best players right away? No.

By the same note does Everton's great season so far mean Rooney is all of a sudden going to want to up and leave for them?

We need to think realistically about these red rules because they make or break the GW.

Too harsh and in one season you doom a team to never break through and too rewarding you ensure that the top teams (from start up regardless of results) stay top.

I disagree. One good season even one better than expected should be rewarded. Having a bad season, even more if you are expected to do good should be the opposite. Next season when the same team goes well will be benefited, and the team not doing well would get harsher rules. It's a circle. For sure i don't mean losing your best player after just one season, but you have to have difficult rules and losing a good player. After failing for a second season then the best player maybe, etc.

Anyway i trust the guys who make the rules.

I disagree. One good season even one better than expected should be rewarded. Having a bad season' date=' even more if you are expected to do good should be the opposite. Next season when the same team goes well will be benefited, and the team not doing well would get harsher rules. It's a circle. For sure i don't mean losing your best player after just one season, but you have to have difficult rules and losing a good player. After failing for a second season then the best player maybe, etc.

Anyway i trust the guys who make the rules.[/quote']

I haven't said don't reward or punish I've said we need to get the right balance.

My club for example I got relegated and would expect a red rule of some sort but not one that would cripple my team.

Just as i'd expect any promoted club to be given a nice green rule.

Looking forward to my rules since I had the Div 1 title snatched so cruely from my grasp on the last game of the season.

Managed to keep the vast majority of my squad together, bar Hummels and managed to bring in Fabregas, koscielny, Varane Carvajal and Cahill, so looking fine for depth, though another CF and LB wouldn't go amiss.

An Arsenal and a Chelsea fan trusted with the rules' date=' and a Spurs fan before that can only be a recipe for disaster.[/font']

Since there is not a ManU fan then it's alright :D

In England i'm a Newcastle fan dude, you're welcome :P

Really loved Andy Cole's little spell in the 90s before losing him and the title. Shearer, Asprilla etc were great too :P

So how did you find Dabizas when he as playing? The man was a bit of a joke here,really clumsy,a bit stupid.. Georgiadis was a good player though :rolleyes:

Wow, sorry for the off-topic,

can't wait to see the rules also!

Since there is not a ManU fan then it's alright :D

In England i'm a Newcastle fan dude' date=' you're welcome :P

Really loved Andy Cole's little spell in the 90s before losing him and the title. Shearer, Asprilla etc were great too :P

So how did you find Dabizas when he as playing? The man was a bit of a joke here,really clumsy,a bit stupid.. Georgiadis was a good player though :rolleyes:

Wow, sorry for the off-topic,

can't wait to see the rules also![/quote']

I loved Dabizas, he gave his all for the club but was a very average player. Phillipe Albert is one of my all time favourite Newcastle defenders. Such a great defender and extremely skillful with great vision and touch. The goal he scored against Man U when we beat them 5-0 was just sublime.

I'm looking forward to seeing the rules. Sorry for not being active on the thread at all really, but I haven't been elsewhere in the game world sections (not too much on the general forum either that much). It's a busy time for a student at this time of year :P

I'm looking forward to seeing the rules. Sorry for not being active on the thread at all really' date=' but I haven't been elsewhere in the game world sections (not too much on the general forum either that much). It's a busy time for a student at this time of year :P[/quote']

Getting drunk and partying, so so busy lol.

Hi Noisy - saw you had some vacancies on the "managers wanted thread"

They still going? And would I be welcome? Ta

Of course we have Leverkusen,Milan and Galatasary.

Leverkusen are in the best shape I'd say with new rules out today.

If you apply for them I'll get Alex to accept.