Sign in to follow this  
Like_A_Boas

Reality Check 2

Re: Reality Check 2

Er' date=' how has Ramos moved for 16 million less than I offered?

I suspect more cheating and rule breaking :confused:[/quote']

Possibly because you're a title rival?

By selling to you Madrid would have to play you with an improved defence which could lose them 6 points! That would hamper their promotion chances meaning more red rules for them and more players leaving. Ramos had to leave for at least his release fee but I wouldn't want to sell to a direct rival for the sake of a few million which isn't much use now seeing as most Red Rule players have gone and nobody seems to want to sell top players for cash.

While taking a bigger cash offer may seem like a better deal realistically it's not as the added cash wont' secure a title winning player for Madrid but would for rivals in Division 2 (PSG, United and Monaco) or potential rivals in Division 1 (Barcelona, Ajax, Munich, Spurs and Arsenal) upon promotion.

Atletico Madrid were the only Division 3 club to bid for his signature and are thus the least threat to Madrid long term. So actually Madrid (Real) have though about this long term and given themselves the best possible chance at promotion this season which means no red rules and also a green rule which will likely be of much greater value then just the cash.

Thinking only in terms of cash is short sighted, give a man a fish (more cash) he'll eat for one day, teach him to fish and give him a rod (a reduced risk of losing points and increased promotion chances) and he'll eat for life.

Besides I spoke to Ramos and he didn't want to leave the Spanish capital he's thinking of settling down and having a family.

Possibly because you're a title rival?

By selling to you Madrid would have to play you with an improved defence which could lose them 6 points! That would hamper their promotion chances meaning more red rules for them and more players leaving. Ramos had to leave for at least his release fee but I wouldn't want to sell to a direct rival for the sake of a few million which isn't much use now seeing as most Red Rule players have gone and nobody seems to want to sell top players for cash.

While taking a bigger cash offer may seem like a better deal realistically it's not as the added cash wont' secure a title winning player for Madrid but would for rivals in Division 2 (PSG' date=' United and Monaco) or potential rivals in Division 1 (Barcelona, Ajax, Munich, Spurs and Arsenal) upon promotion.

Atletico Madrid were the only Division 3 club to bid for his signature and are thus the least threat to Madrid long term. So actually Madrid (Real) have though about this long term and given themselves the best possible chance at promotion this season which means no red rules and also a green rule which will likely be of much greater value then just the cash.

Thinking only in terms of cash is short sighted, give a man a fish (more cash) he'll eat for one day, teach him to fish and give him a rod (a reduced risk of losing points and increased promotion chances) and he'll eat for life.

Besides I spoke to Ramos and he didn't want to leave the Spanish capital he's thinking of settling down and having a family.[/quote']

What utter rubbish. Let's see what other deals miraculously "appear" between your two clubs. Although I suppose it could be in another gameworld :rolleyes:

What utter rubbish. Let's see what other deals miraculously "appear" between your two clubs. Although I suppose it could be in another gameworld :rolleyes:

The only bit of fiction their was the last bit about speaking to Ramos. I actually spoke to his girlfriend ;)

Also to be fair you did just say yourself that

Cash is useless to me as it has been for the last 2 seasons.
which isn't exactly a compelling argument for selling to a rival.

Anyway do we have a deal... I've messaged you in game and am awaiting your reply.

Er' date=' how has Ramos moved for 16 million less than I offered?

I suspect more cheating and rule breaking :confused:[/quote']

Come on now :o

I sold to the worst side that put a bid in for him. I've still got a huge budget left and it will more than likely not be used, so I wasn't to bothered about amounts.

I got whatever red rule players I could and i'll now be left with big money and nothing to spend it on. That's all there was to it for me.

Don't be bitter Biz (I do understand your frustration mind, i'd be the same if the tables were turned) :P

First up[MOVE] .........Draw[/MOVE]

Cookiemonster earned a draw with Celtic against Galatasaray SK.

The match ended 1 - 1 between Celtic and Galatasaray SK in their Division 3 fixture.

Van Dijk was on the scoresheet for his side.

half an numpty mistake here :o

youths/Same tactics from the friendly were played :o

What's the deal with Ter Stegen' date=' Ash or Noisy? I cannot bid 25m as stated in my rules as my chairman won't allow it. It seems you forgot about this issue[/quote']

I answered it the other day or at least I thought I did.

Hopefully all sorted now and as for that Ramos deal :eek:

Time to get the pitchforkes out and go for the juggernaut...

RC2 can confirm they are looking into illegal foul play.

[MOVE]Celtic, Get no Satisfaction[/MOVE]

Manager Cookiemonster , has scouted high an low trying to find a suitable *Now* players for Celtics mid table, Chairman requirements.

No negotiations were suitable enough for those *Now* players

Note to other managers:

Who were involved in secret an long negotiations

but all to no avail ....... Thanks

Note to Chairman:

I dont think 50 mill, would've secured, those *now* players to be honest!!! :P:rolleyes:

Other News

Cookiemonster, while abroad was seen around a few youth camps as well as , scouting external

Back again after my trip to Norway, managed to do a deal which saw Florenzi move to Juventus, I am very happy with this because securing young Italian talent for the club is one of my main aims. It did cost me Mertens but in the long run I am happy with the deal.

Skrtel also joined Real Madrid which sees my squad see 2 players leave and 2 players join. Overall I am happy to only lose Skrtel & Mertens but bring Garay & Florenzi into the club as replacements, it leaves us strong and with the first team that almost gained promotion last season.

I do think it will be alot closer this year in division 3 for the promotion places so look forward to seeing how it goes, our first game saw us sneak a 1-0 home win against FC Porto in what was a very close game, Leighton Baines scored the winner from a free kick and proves a wise move not to let him go given his form last season from set pieces.

Up next is an away trip to Napoli so hopefully we can continue our good league form and pick something up from this game.

I think I am done in the transfer market this season, we tried hard to get Luke Shaw but unfortunately two 90 rated players was deemed not good enough for the talented left back. We did look elsewhere but it appears managers were not interested due to the failure to even reply and say no thank you ;)

[move]Not!! Waiting for the worms...:P [/move]

Cookiemonster steered Celtic to victory against FC Porto.

Celtic beat FC Porto 2 - 1 in their Division 3 fixture.

Sterling scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Adebayor was also on the scoresheet for his side.

An just chuffed, with this result :D:D