Who do u think will win the UEFA Champions League this season?

Who do u think will win the UEFA Champions League this season?  

1. 1.

Re: Who do u think will win the UEFA Champions League this season?

Shels, it was my opinion, and based on that I think United will defo be too strong for Celtic.

Don't want to cause a stir or anything...

Its gonna be a good and competitive tournament in 2008 but forget about Celtic forget about Shalke forget about Fenerbahçe and forget about Olympiacos

I think Fenerbahce can cause a lot of teams problems... after all they did take down Inter and PSV in a group they were expected to finished 3rd/4th...

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My choice is Man united Once a red always a red ( Glory Glory Man United )

Re: Who do u think will win the UEFA Champions League this season? Rangers:cool:

Re: Who do u think will win the UEFA Champions League this season? ahhh i'll do celtic too But first, Chelseaaaa Finished top of group B. Teams they could play: Olympiakos Celtic Lyon Roma

Liverpool and Arsenal r going to have a nightmare this round of 16.Just take a look at their possible draws:-

ARSENAL

1.FC Porto-I dare say the easiest o d lot

2.Real Madrid-Arsenal beat them 2 seasons ago in the CL but the spanish champs will prove difficult

3.AC Milan-The defending champs and 4 me the toughest draw...not a nice draw

4.Barcelona-Beat d gunners in the CL final 2 seasons ago and arsenal will have revenge on their minds

5.Inter Milan-Arsenal beat them in the pre-season matches but Inter r looking unstoppable at the moment

LIVERPOOL

1.Real Madrid-The 2 teams have met only once in history in the 1980-81 season and liverpool came out on top.If they do draw madrid this time i doubt the will.

2.AC Milan-The 2 sindes have metmany times of late and in last seasons final they beat the reds.Liverpool will noly have revenge in their minds but i doubt they will get past AC.

3.Barcelona-They beat barca last season and barca will have revenge in their minds but i think liverpool might be able to sneak it coz of barca'sdreadful away form.

4.Inter Milan-As far as i know these clubs have never met and if they do draw each other it will be a very interesting clash.

5.Sevilla-Based on current form the easiest o the bunch but u can't count em out coz they really r fighters

Barca needs a leader on the pitch and a spirit. Something they lost with Ronaldinho's bad performances and Eto'o being out so much. But Eto'o is back and he played great against Valencia. The only thing that needs to be cleared is Ronaldinho's status and they will be a strong force again.

Favorites to win the competition, imo are:

1. Barcelona - if they start to perform their best, great attacking potential, football wizards

2. Milan - so much experience in that team, great quality in the middle, Inzaghi although 34 still very playful, you just can't write those guys off

3. ManU - Very strong this year, my personal favorites, but they still have to prove me the character while playing against the likes of Milan, Barca...

4. Liverpool - fighters that can outplay everyone in two matches

... Arsenal, Real, Inter...

I disagree about Man U. If you saw them play against Liverpool then you could see how pressed back they were, and how they were incapable of pushing forward, and if not for a deflected goal they wouldn't have won the game. Liverpool were just poor and had no quality in the final 3rd. If Man U played like that against AC Milan then with players like Kaka on the pitch they wouldn't get way with it (and didn't last time). IMO out of the English teams Arsenal and Liverpool have the best chance.

Are you serious Barca no sweat' date='u just need to look at their attack force for a start,

Ronaldinho=IMO when he plays to his best he is the best ;)

Messi=Player of The Year is this boys next year,he has the total package skill,balance,pace.

Henry=Hasn't fitted in quite yet but place a ball at his feet and nine times out of ten he scores,i mean u only have to look at his record for arsenal.

Eto'o=IMO the best striker in the world rite now,argue all u want but the guy is pure predator and will score bags of goals.

Those are the mean attacking arsenal but what about Iniesta,Xavi,Toure And Deco,if they dont win there is osmething wrong.[/quote']

Well with the above if it was true and was the case we might as well hand it to Barca now ,but thats whats so great about footie its not just about having say the top 11 players in the world and they have the given right to think it means they will/must win everything and every game .

Even in the Spanish league at moment Barca with that mighty attacking power you show above only sit second at moment behind Real Madrid,

Both won all 8 Home games ,yet Barca only won 2 away out of 8 at Levante and Valencia ,you say if they dont win something wrong ,but surely that attacking power which you say so great should have beat the other 6 ,

Santander,Osasuna,Valladolid,Espanyol,Getafe and Villarreal.

After all far superior on paper but thats all it is on paper and a good job otherwise Football games would be easier to predict than our own SM predict.:D

Dont get me wrong they have to be one of the big Favourites but we are now in the stages of two legged affairs ,which is a different ball game to group stages and proberly even though LFC and others havnt a great team or Squad on paper as Barca ,up to now they know how to manage and play these type of games better,hence getting to two finals.

Anyway will put my LFC down in Poll prediction but with the teams left in can be anyones even Celtic ,after all who wants to travel there with their European home pedigree.

Who would have thought we would have got to Final twice and Porto would have won it as well just be for us.

Yep i truly will always love this unpredicatable game.:)

Shels' date=' it was my opinion, and based on that I think United will defo be too strong for Celtic.

Don't want to cause a stir or anything...

I think Fenerbahce can cause a lot of teams problems... after all they did take down Inter and PSV in a group they were expected to finished 3rd/4th...[/quote']

Fenerbahce came close because Inter was in a bath shape add first moment and PSV lost his coach and needed to play whit there caretaker coach Jan wouters but we will see what Fenerbahce is capable of whit Alex and Roberto Carlos.

I disagree about Man U. If you saw them play against Liverpool then you could see how pressed back they were' date=' and how they were incapable of pushing forward, and if not for a deflected goal they wouldn't have won the game. Liverpool were just poor and had no quality in the final 3rd. If Man U played like that against AC Milan then with players like Kaka on the pitch they wouldn't get way with it (and didn't last time). IMO out of the English teams Arsenal and Liverpool have the best chance.[/quote']

You can't expect to come to Anfield and dominante. Barca is probably the only team in Europe that can have more possession on away game like that. But that is the character that I've mentioned. Even if you aren't allowed to play, you hold on and draw for example. In this case they even won the game. And then you can play home game where you have slight advantage.

I think they got a valuable lesson last year against Milan.

Arsenal is the team I just can't see getting to the finals this year. They've got quality and everything but... I don't know... I think someone will beat them in two games.

Liverpool is traditionally good because of their fighting style which can get u success in 2 games.

I disagree about Man U. If you saw them play against Liverpool then you could see how pressed back they were' date=' and how they were incapable of pushing forward, and if not for a deflected goal they wouldn't have won the game. Liverpool were just poor and had no quality in the final 3rd. If Man U played like that against AC Milan then with players like Kaka on the pitch they wouldn't get way with it (and didn't last time). IMO out of the English teams Arsenal and Liverpool have the best chance.[/quote']

Well as a LFC fan would love to agree with you ,but sorry to discount M.UTD you do at your own peril ,foolish thing to do actually.;)

Also never EVER,EVER take a game between these two sides anything to judge on ,very rare have i seen what i would call a great game between them ,big diff between a LFC v M.Utd game playing in premiership than both of these clubs playing any other European club in european game.:)

• 2 weeks later...

i think arsenal could do it this season and it would be quality if they did as every1 wrote them off at the beggining of the season and said they wouldnt do anything fair play to them bit dissapointed in the lack of english players but great football to watch and not spent loads of money