Club Finances - new view and charts....

Hi all,

Just to draw your attention to something that has been updated on the game...makes sense to help with the management of club finances.

Game update refers....

The Finances section of the game has been updated to include a new weekly view of the finances rather than the previous turn based snapshot which should making tracking the financial performance of your club easier.

There is also now an option to select the Charts tab which shows key financial elements in visual form. On this tab there are two similar charts showing club income and expenditure. As you might expect, the 'All Income/Expenditure' chart includes every item of revenue and cost, including things like player sales/purchases and prize money. This might sometimes give you a distorted picture of club finances (i.e. if you have just signed or sold a player) and so there is another similar chart called 'Regular Income/Expenditure' which does not include things like player sales/purchases and prize money and so should give a clearer picture of how well your club finances are progressing.

Recent game updates place an increased focus on managing your wage bill and we hope this new feature will make this element of the game easier.

Eric

Re: Club Finances - new view and charts....

Hi dafreaking,

It's because a turn based system was a bit misleading as you may not have had a home game so your finances appear to take a bashing with no gate receipts. So really your financial picture is best viewed in the round with home and away games...so weekly was the best way to do this.

Cheers

Eric

Hi dafreaking' date='

It's because a turn based system was a bit misleading as you may not have had a home game so your finances appear to take a bashing with no gate receipts. So really your financial picture is best viewed in the round with home and away games...so weekly was the best way to do this.

Cheers

Eric[/quote']

Eric,

But aren't your wages paid out every turn?

Sorry, but I don't seem to understand how this new feature is helping. Don't get me wrong. It's great that one has more ways to analyse stuff, but is this new chart really telling you the position of your finances? One just needs to check the previous turn (depending on home or away) to see what your 'turn' finances are like. Currently the game doesn't seem to differentiate much between who your opponent is to decide on attendance. Also shouldn't merchandise sales increase depending on the level of players one has?

Wages are paid out each turn, but there may not be a corresponding income from gate receipts if the game is away from home. This could be misleading and so it is more straightforward to match the weekly expense to the weekly income to get a feel for how the wage bill is doing vs club income.

:-)

Eric

Eric' date='

But aren't your wages paid out every turn?

Sorry, but I don't seem to understand how this new feature is helping. Don't get me wrong. It's great that one has more ways to analyse stuff, but is this new chart really telling you the position of your finances? One just needs to check the previous turn (depending on home or away) to see what your 'turn' finances are like. Currently the game doesn't seem to differentiate much between who your opponent is to decide on attendance. Also shouldn't merchandise sales increase depending on the level of players one has?[/quote']

Wages are paid out each turn' date=' but there may not be a corresponding income from gate receipts if the game is away from home. This could be misleading and so it is more straightforward to match the weekly expense to the weekly income to get a feel for how the wage bill is doing vs club income.

:-)

Eric[/quote']

Yes I see your point and also see the benefits. It's also highlighted the flaws.

eg. Merchandise sale, Cost of Ground Maintenance vs Gate receipts. Season Ticket receipts etc.

Riferimento: Club Finances - new view and charts....

This new "improvement" is RIDICOULOUS! Every 3 days my balance decrease of 2/3 mln!! This is why I have some teams with much over 90 rated players, or teams with more than 150 players, but I worked REALLY HARD TO BUILD MY TEAMS! And now I have to sell most of my squads and quickly!!! I have -10 mln on my current balances!!!!! That's impossible!!!

Eric, when my gold membership days will be finished I'll let sm after 3 years. Compliments for your "improvement": you have ruined this game.

Hi AndreNum1,

This thread is related to the new finance view, so if you have further thoughts after reading this please post them in the thread discussing these changes.

I do appreciate what you are saying and it is understood that these changes affect some managers more than others, particularly those with very large squads and/or large loan lists but the end result we were looking for was one which made the gameworlds more competitive with a steady flow of cash deals for players. The Game Update around the new changes summarise this aspect well.

The core concept of the game is still the same and managers can still seek to combine established players and new talent into their clubs but there is an increased focus on doing this in a cost effective manner. I don't know the make up of your squad but from what you say, it must be reasonably large, and so maybe there is an interesting challenge for you to select which players you think are the future of your club and which you will let go to try and balance the books. I sincerely hope you will stick around with us here at SM as we will continue to try and make the best football game we can with the community at its heart.

Eric

YESSSS!!! love it so much, ive been pushing for more stats/financial stuff for SM for ages 9what i love second most about football management). Now its eventually heading that way

:)

But one concern, the stadium maintenance seem to be quite exorbitant now, and cause a decline in balance :(

Oh maths mistake I. yeah the income hasnt been added correctly.

:P

c4+prop.jpg

Yip my "C4" exam went catastrophically :P

I got mine in 2 weeks and I'm here revising Protein Synthesis lol :P

As for the Income error, could it be that the TV revenues are split 50/50 now so I only get half of that, if so, why don't they just half the number?

EDIT: I see that the Sponsors are not added :o

I got mine in 2 weeks and I'm here revising Protein Synthesis lol :P

As for the Income error' date=' could it be that the TV revenues are split 50/50 now so I only get half of that, if so, why don't they just half the number?[/quote']

I have no idea, all I know is that im making losses at most of my clubs now

:(

Riferimento: Re: Club Finances - new view and charts....

I too have this problem. Which was the difference between a profit and a loss this week.

ofx2dNE.png

:eek:

Thanks Hyina

Last match I lost 700k. Adding the sponsor I would have halved this loss. In Italy we said "so' cazzi amari". I Think mean in english "big fail for my finance", politically :D

Now, SM, how do you think to fix this damage, and I don't wanna see how much money I lost in the past games

I like the new layout however it is very frustrating when good additions like this are spoilt by subsequent mathematical errors when calculating finances.

There is no explanation as to why we are losing part of our listed incomes when it comes to the total income.

It would be great if you guys could fix this bug asap as it is resulting in teams which are carefully budgeted being put in the red through no fault of their own.

Thanks in advance.

I like the new layout however it is very frustrating when good additions like this are spoilt by subsequent mathematical errors when calculating finances.

There is no explanation as to why we are losing part of our listed incomes when it comes to the total income.

It would be great if you guys could fix this bug asap as it is resulting in teams which are carefully budgeted being put in the red through no fault of their own.

Thanks in advance.

I actually think the new finances system is weaker than before; it looks prettier yes but isn't any more useful, what's with the charts and colours and everything? Are we in a geography class? With things being calculated weekly now it's hard to know how you're doing per turn and manage your finances that way by knowing how much you're making/losing at Home matches and how much at Away matches.

There is a positive from this for me.

It's made me realise that (especially with the recent changes with loans/wage structure to 92+ rated players), every single one of my teams (inluding the lower division teams with low wages) are losing money every week. The only way i can get a + in income is selling my players to keep up wage payments for a few weeks.

What started off as a fun game in my spare time, has now turned into a chore unfortunately, and i just don't have the time for it anymore.

That's just my personal stance, nothing against any member that still enjoys the game, or to the SM owners that are from their point of view, making the game more enjoyable and better. That's cool and all, just not for me thanks.

I actually think the new finances system is weaker than before; it looks prettier yes but isn't any more useful' date=' what's with the charts and colours and everything? Are we in a geography class? With things being calculated weekly now it's hard to know how you're doing per turn and manage your finances that way by knowing how much you're making/losing at Home matches and how much at Away matches.[/quote']

The charts are helpful for people who might not understand the maths as well as others. If you see that a huge chunk of your expenditure is wages in the pie you know you need to sell players whereas the alternative was to do maths (albeit fairly simple maths) to work out what percentage of your money was going where.

I like the layout all the same information is there it just looks a bit nicer.

I do agree though that it should be on a turn by turn basis.

My main concern is that the sums aren't adding up though.