Player Valuation in P/E Transfers

I enjoy playing SM due to the possibility of including players when I deal with external clubs. Players 78 rated often worth more than 2.mil.

Sudenly they worth 5-600 k. I thought that might be when dealing with some clubs but I tried with ten external clubs and I had the same problem.

I don't think this is a bug, SM doesn't like include players when dealing with external clubs :(

It seems SM won't be so funny in the future. :eek:

Re: Player values dropped

Its not a bug "I don't think". Usuallly Sm implement a change, someone notices and creates a thread where we express concerns and then 2 days later we get an in game notice about an "update".

If its intentional they haven't implemented well at all. As someone posted in another thread:

Check this out. The game won't let you give Messi for Ronaldo. Not because of your chairman but Madrid's :D

2rqo8yo.jpg

You cant swap 99 rated Messi for Ronaldo because the rival clubs chairman under values the player.

I think this is SM attempt at trying to make cash be more valuable within the game but just simply won't happen.

It's like SM keep on implying changes or closing loopholes in their eyes to force people to give up their small teams and invest in upgrading to larger clubs.

Anyone who has managed a small team knows how much work they have to put into it, not just to build a team but to keep yourself from not slipping into the red.

Cavani cash value in my GW is £25,830,000. So if i had the cash i could buy him for that value as he's at an external club. But if this deal was done between two managers for the same cash value, would it be reversed, You bet your last jaffa cake it wouldn't!

I'm sure it will be explained that managers were profiting from the system and it wasn't fair to other managers. When the fact of the matter is alot of people like to use smaller clubs, we don't all have the glory hunter synonym bug. I've got Barca and i've Messi and Neymar whoop dee doo.

With SM closing loopholes, i mean making it fairer. I guess in future if I used soccerwiki and I only thought about buying players that Mrwiki had amended that would be completely fair. For people who don't know, whatever player Mrwiki amends they are 100% guaranteed to have a ratings update within a few days.

So by using that method I wouldn't be gaining an advantage over other managers with my gameworld. As some managers in many gameworlds don't use the forum nor Soccerwiki. So it would be lovely if someone cleared that up for me, as i'd hate to be seen as profiteering and be labelled a cheat :rolleyes:

I think this is SM attempt at trying to make cash be more valuable within the game but just simply won't happen.

It's like SM keep on implying changes or closing loopholes in their eyes to force people to give up their small teams and invest in upgrading to larger clubs.

Anyone who has managed a small team knows how much work they have to put into it' date=' not just to build a team but to keep yourself from not slipping into the red.

Cavani cash value in my GW is £25,830,000. So if i had the cash i could buy him for that value as he's at an external club. But if this deal was done between two managers for the same cash value, would it be reversed, You bet your last jaffa cake it wouldn't!

I'm sure it will be explained that managers were profiting from the system and it wasn't fair to other managers. When the fact of the matter is alot of people like to use smaller clubs, we don't all have the glory hunter synonym bug. I've got Barca and i've Messi and Neymar whoop dee doo.

With SM closing loopholes, i mean making it fairer. I guess in future if I used soccerwiki and I only thought about buying players that Mrwiki had amended that would be completely fair. For people who don't know, whatever player Mrwiki amends they are 100% guaranteed to have a ratings update within a few days.

So by using that method I wouldn't be gaining an advantage over other managers with my gameworld. As some managers in many gameworlds don't use the forum nor Soccerwiki. So it would be lovely if someone cleared that up for me, as i'd hate to be seen as profiteering and be labelled a cheat :rolleyes:[/quote']

I read your post. Until a poit I totally agree with you. I like managing small clubs starting from Div 4 and i build my teams buying and selling alot of risers. This is a stupid upgrade. Soccerwiki sucks, read this post http://en.soccerwiki.org/player.php?pid=63966

An existing player was replaced by a new-one instead of modifying his birthdate.

players prices, ridiculous

I'm playing this game since the beginning but I have to say this is the most ridiculous, illogical and unrealistic "improvement" implemented by SM team. For me, it'll be the last, probably.

for example:

Borja Valero 90 rating 7,9 mil value

Angelo Ogbonna 87 rating 7,5 mil value

funny thing is that they can't be swapped because though Valero's value is stuck at 7,9, Ogbonna's is rising at 8,4-9 mil when you make the offer.?!?

thus, the best player I can swap Valero with, (without wasting money - cause its a waste, since the player you are overpaying will get to his minimal value the moment you buy him) is...Gianneli Imbula...85 rating:confused::confused: if THIS is realistic then we probably live in different dimensions.:mad:

yes, I'm one of the players that builds huge teams...in 3 years, not one that cries on forums that after 2 months of managing he doesn't have Messi, ronaldo and Cavani on his team.

With SM closing loopholes' date=' i mean making it fairer. I guess in future if I used soccerwiki and I only thought about buying players that Mrwiki had amended that would be completely fair. For people who don't know, whatever player Mrwiki amends they are 100% guaranteed to have a ratings update within a few days.[/quote']

Looking at the 'top scouts' chart and checking the accounts then comparing them to 'MrWiki' account (although very active, doesn't show on chart and doesn't show details on previous edits in profile), make me think it is a generic account used by internal SM staff who handle player updates and reviews. It is like the 'official' account that's why it is 100% all the time.

Back to original post, player valuations depends on team averages. In my team of average rating 78, the 78 players are valued at average 1.2 million. But when add them in a P/E transfer, your chairman will 'double' their value but the receiving club chairman will not (will value them at CV). I think it used to be the opposite?

Looking at the 'top scouts' chart and checking the accounts then comparing them to 'MrWiki' account (although very active' date=' doesn't show on chart and doesn't show details on previous edits in profile), make me think it is a generic account used by internal SM staff who handle player updates and reviews. It is like the 'official' account that's why it is 100% all the time.

[/quote']

Your right, MrWiki is one of the SM staff. So any changes he/she does will be implemented after a few days. As you can see from some of the player changes done in the past few days, the teams who have just got promoted to Serie A, will havea few players rise soon. If you use Soccerwiki all you have to do to increase your rep is give thumbs up to anything MrWiki does and you'll climb in no time.

From my perspective, it's another way by SM to reduce player hogging as players values get reduced only when you have about 5 other similar or higher rated players in the same position. So this change is really harsh on the player hogging clubs and helps the clubs with few players a lot. Basically all your players' PE values to external clubs now are worth exactly the same amount as they do to your chairman so the massive/great squad's managers' players' PE values will be reduced and the tiny/weak squad's managers' players' PE values will be now much higher.

I don't fully support it but I think it's fairer.

Hmm in what way does it reduce player hogging though? Most of the players are kept for future purposes and not for value.

For example I've a really nice Tottenham squad in a GW with some great players and I'm trying to sign Thiago from Barca... 2 weeks ago I could have given just Rode + ~1mill as his PE value worth so much to externals but now I'm having to give Mhkitaryan + Rode + 1mill just to make it above the external's minimum expectation.

It'll be the same in any other GWs and is generally a natural squad cap.

For example I've a really nice Tottenham squad in a GW with some great players and I'm trying to sign Thiago from Barca... 2 weeks ago I could have given just Rode + ~1mill as his PE value worth so much to externals but now I'm having to give Mhkitaryan + Rode + 1mill just to make it above the external's minimum expectation.

It'll be the same in any other GWs and is generally a natural squad cap.

Ah yes, great explanation, I understand. Seems like a good idea then to stop managers hogging players like Thiago, not so much for low value players though Im guessing like Ox who was 10k a while back.

I just noticed...Podolski worth 8' date='6 mil to my charmain.If I try to offer him in a deal he will worth exactly 8,6 mil to the other charmain but around 16 mil to my charmain.How on earth I am supposed to make a deal then?[/quote']

You can't. That's the flaw in the system. Your own chairman vastly overvalues players in comparison to what the market does.

My Everton side has three of the best players in the game (Messi, Ronaldo and Xavi), 24 players with a rating of 92 or higher, and a best XI average of 95. There is no reason why my chairman should value Toni Kroos (my equal tenth-choice central or attacking midfielder) 50% higher than a random AI club. Yet this is what happens under the new, bizarre financial model.

Stupidity.

Exactly when I thought that the game can't go worse, you're doing this.

What do you think that you'll achieve by doing this ? You're only destroying the fun of the game with every change that you're doing. This wasn't any close to an 'exploit', it's just how the chairman of a team was judging the value of a player by comparing him to the other ones and it was pretty useful for small teams.

IMO it was a partly broken system that needed fixing, with regard to PE values, especially for younger players with lower ratings.

The massive inconsistency was awful - your CV of 900k but worth more than double that to another team in PE, enabling you to swap a 78-80 for an 86 in a straight swap sometimes, or if required throwing in a 75 rated "nobody" to make up an extra 800k-1m to balance the values out.

The problem is that it's still broken, where your CV changes depending on which screen you look at - on the player info CV could be 11m, but in PE your CV suddenly goes up to 13m. We all know the chairman is a brainless moron, but being unable to come up with a consistent value for a player just proves it :)

If he's worth 13m in PE, why is he worth less in a direct cash transfer?

PE needed looking at, as it always felt like throwing money away when you could sell a player for 1m cash on transfer or get anywhere up to 2.5m value through PE deals with other clubs. It gets a little easier to see why some clubs would end up with lots of players and little cash, when PE's always presented much much better value on paper.

To add a final fix to the PE system, they need to stop the value of the other player rising if players are offered as part of the deal, and stop your CV inflating randomly with PE as well. Someone else also suggested only allowing one player in PE deals, which would be a good idea as well.

The simple solution to overcome this problem if you're a big club is just overpay - which is exactly the purpose of this update.

If you're a little club then sell your player for cash - should get a few quid more than CV.

PS. Deagle I did a painting of your avatar pic for a project, wanna see it? :D

The simple solution to overcome this problem if you're a big club is just overpay - which is exactly the purpose of this update.

If you're a little club then sell your player for cash - should get a few quid more than CV.

PS. Deagle I did a painting of your avatar pic for a project' date=' wanna see it? :D[/quote']

I see the logic here but it's not applied, now you have less chance to overpay as your chairman (even with a weak squad, with an example i gave) does not even let you give any sort of reasonable offer to the selling manager, let alone over pay

about small clubs selling for minimum, this much is true i've had to sell prospects (maybe less prospects than i already have in my team) but still sell none the less, while my medium big clubs i've not had this problim yet.

Cash is useless in GWs, at least in my experience, because teams lose so much money per turn that no one tries to hold onto much cash at all. If that problem still exists, cash will continue to be undervalued, and this update only puts small club managers in a lose-lose situation where they cant p/e their players and are getting cash that will disappear in a matter of weeks.

Poorly thought through update, and could push away many loyal SMers before management figures out how to get its ish together.

Stupidity.

Exactly when I thought that the game can't go worse' date=' you're doing this.

What do you think that you'll achieve by doing this ? You're only destroying the fun of the game with every change that you're doing. This wasn't any close to an 'exploit', it's just how the chairman of a team was judging the value of a player by comparing him to the other ones and it was pretty useful for small teams.[/quote']

The ancient system was fair and equal for everione, that's how I built excellent Hartlepool United and Unirea Alba Iulia squads starting from Div 4-5.

Some frustrated elements managing Barcelona, United, Chelsea etc. didn't agree seeig tiny clubs having excellent squads built with alot of soccerway.com research.

Niste distrusi.

Stupidity.

Exactly when I thought that the game can't go worse' date=' you're doing this.

What do you think that you'll achieve by doing this ? You're only destroying the fun of the game with every change that you're doing. This wasn't any close to an 'exploit', it's just how the chairman of a team was judging the value of a player by comparing him to the other ones and it was pretty useful for small teams.[/quote']

My sentiments exactly :)..... :(

Re: Player Valuation in P/E Transfers

I think this is the wrong way to get about it. I agree the P/E needed fixing, but this is a bit exaggerated. When you propose a P/E to any club(managed or unmanaged), their chairman immediately slaps a +5M to their normal value. And with this change that underrates your own player's value, it's hard to even trade similiar rated players among similar sized clubs.