Sign in to follow this  
Dimcxa

Khedira, Song and Sahin

Re: Khedira, Song and Sahin

I would say Khedira is the safe bet.

Sahin is the exciting bet. He'll be reprising his role as engine for Dortmund this upcoming season, with Gundogan moving out wide to fill in for Gotze. To me, that's a pretty exciting proposal, considering Sahin was too good to drop in rating, despite having a year in the Real wilderness.

Song is also a safe bet, but one of lesser value than Khedira.

I guess the question is this: do you gamble?

Yes but he is 30 years old...

so what if he is 30???

just because SM hate old players dont automatically assume they will all drop.

toure is one of the better players in the EPL in my opinion, by far one of the most influential, alongside players such as bale, and suarez

personally I would have kept khedira and 5million in the kitty.

I have song in my squad and currently looking to offload him as I think he will not hit 92 and possibly drop if he doesn't start featuring more in the season ahead....

Sahin, never watched a single game so I can't really comment on him, but from what I do know is that he has never really been given an opportunity at the highest level for a long period of time. so for me sahin would present a bit of a gamble to me.

...(Sahin) has never really been given an opportunity at the highest level for a long period of time.

He was kind of Dortmund's best player the entire first title-winning season, prior to his move to Madrid (which was specifically a business move). How much higher a level do you need? Every single move flowed through him and out to the attack. His pass/completion ratio and so many other numbers that year were eerily similar to some of the legendary central midfielders of the modern age.

Sahin was compromised briefly, but even Mourinho knew his class. He was simply handcuffed by Madrid politics. Sahin was bought to bring a little German success publicity to the Bernabeu, to help Real duel with Barcelona's actual success.

That's how Real work. They work like colonialists always do: absorb the greatness of people who barely even knew you, then proffer it as their own.

I might have kept Khedira in the deal, simply because 5 mil is pants. But i respect the poster's gamble on a terrific young workhorse.

He was kind of Dortmund's best player the entire first title-winning season' date=' prior to his move to Madrid (which was specifically a business move). How much higher a level do you need? Every single move flowed through him and out to the attack. His pass/completion ratio and so many other numbers that year were eerily similar to some of the legendary central midfielders of the modern age.

Sahin was compromised briefly, but even Mourinho knew his class. He was simply handcuffed by Madrid politics. Sahin was bought to bring a little German success publicity to the Bernabeu, to help Real duel with Barcelona's actual success.

That's how Real work. They work like colonialists always do: absorb the greatness of people who barely even knew you, then proffer it as their own.

I might have kept Khedira in the deal, simply because 5 mil is pants. But i respect the poster's gamble on a terrific young workhorse.[/quote']

if mourinho knew hes class? how comes khedira was ahead of sahin in the pecking order of the 1st team? not slating you mate, this is a legit question.

if mourinho knew hes class? how comes khedira was ahead of sahin in the pecking order of the 1st team? not slating you mate' date=' this is a legit question.[/quote']

Because Sahin was suffering with a lack of confidence when he moved to a new team he was still a kid and iam guessing moving to a big team like madrid with all the big egos in the dressing room really affected him,and its because of this Mou didnt play him as it was printed in papers quite abit about Sahin problems so he was not getting games now hes back at dortmund Kloppo should get him playing again

Because Sahin was suffering with a lack of confidence when he moved to a new team he was still a kid and iam guessing moving to a big team like madrid with all the big egos in the dressing room really affected him' date='and its because of this Mou didnt play him as it was printed in papers quite abit about Sahin problems so he was not getting games now hes back at dortmund Kloppo should get him playing again[/quote']

ok... so would you say sahin is a proven player?

like khedira whom I consider as a proven player at club and international level.

ok... so would you say sahin is a proven player?

like khedira whom I consider as a proven player at club and international level.

anyone? is sahin a proven player?? I really have no idea on this player....

is he going to be as good as khedira really? he's pretty much dead cert playing for Germany in the middle of the park, and at real Madrid he featured a lot too with all the competiton from other players.