GC 333 | The Forum GC 2.0

Re: GC 333 | The Forum GC 2.0

Feyenoord beat NAC Breda 2 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.

Bruno scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Finally back on track after two straight losses in the league..

I wouldn't be surprised if Groningen comes even closer after next round as we're travelling to Amsterdam to play Ajax..

Atleast Cazorla won't be back in time for that match ;)

Inter beat Milan 3 - 0 in the big derby match, 2 goals from Palacio and 1 from Dzsudzsak was enough to give Inter the much needed win in what is turning into a tight race for the Italian league, 2 points separate the top 4 teams.

Cassano's proposed move to Parma has fell through, due to Parma not having enough funds. So he is still available for sale if anyone needs a 91 forward.

Inter beat Milan 3 - 0 in the big derby match' date=' 2 goals from Palacio and 1 from Dzsudzsak was enough to give Inter the much needed win in what is turning into a tight race for the Italian league, 2 points separate the top 4 teams.

Cassano's proposed move to Parma has fell through, due to Parma not having enough funds. So he is still available for sale if anyone needs a 91 forward.[/quote']

how much is for Cassano?

Feyenoord beat SC Heerenveen 4 - 3 in a thrilling Dutch Cup Round 2 encounter.

Vilhena scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Actually wouldn't have bothered me if I crashed out of the cup early as my depth is not the greatest and my focus is obviously on securing the league title.

But yeah, it's always nice to know the chance for the double this season still lives. :)

I'm also very happy to announce a new signing for Feyenoord:

Free Agent Sergio SAMPER has completed his move to Feyenoord for 3,886,000

Unless SM messed up (the nationality is wrong) I just sniped the arguably brightest talent in Barcelona B atm, and not even maxing out.

Now, this cost me every penny I had and my balance is now 0. lol

I'm very satisfied with the look of my midfield, Clasie, Vilhena, Samper and Goretzka.. I seriously doubt I'll ever need to worry about my central midfield. :)

logo_eredivisie.gif

-Game 29/34-

Alritey then lads and lasses!! It's been far faar too long since I did one of these reviews here in 333 and the time has now come for me to pick up the pace and start churning them out again!

I've had a terrible last few months in real life but I'm finally getting all the pieces back together ... so, here we go!

A few manager has left us since I last did these reviews, they'll be missed ... not really ...

69xx.png

All in all, we've got 6 games to go through ... 4 of them are forumers vs. unmanaged, but there's 2 forum-draws in the midst there that'll be highly interesting to take a look at!

Ofcourse, as always, we start from the top and the game FC Utrecht - FC Twente!

Aah yes, the fantastic hdixit travelled with his Twente to an unmanaged Utrecht ... a game that a majority of 'experts' had down on paper as an easy Twente win! But football is never an easy game ... and this game was no exception!

It started off quite well when Twente took the lead in the 5th minute after the Ecuadorian RB Rosales charged through the midfield and hammered the goal into the back of the net!

For a mere 7 minutes, alll was calm, and not a single thing happened ... well ofcourse the two teams moved the ball around the field etc. ... but nothing worth noting!

In the 12th minute Dutch super-maestro Casnos broke loose and after a superb volley it was 2-0 in favour of the visitors!

But my oh my, this game was full of surprises! Not even 1 minute after Twente had scored their 2-0 goal ... Utrecht retalliated through Adam Sarota and in the 13th minute it was 2-1 in favour of Twente!

This was really all that happened in the first half as the rest of the half was quite dull and grey. If we move into the 2nd half we can see that it took just 1 minute for Adam Sarota to equalize for his utrecht! 2-2 and the game was once again wide open!

Twente pushed on to get another goal and take the lead and in the 68th minute it paid of when Lacina Traore chipped the ball over the keeper and made the score 3-2!

But alas, whilst SM named Lacina Traore the MoTM (for reasons unknown) ... I name Adam Sarota as the MoTM. The 83 rated midfielder not only scored 2 vital goals for his Utrecht side, he also assisted the very last goal of the game when Jacob Mulenga equalized in the 80th minute! The game ended 3-3 and perhaps Twente should've had a few more shots on target!

cnqv.png

If we take a good look at the stats we can clearly see that Twente absolutely DOMINATED with 65% possession against Utrecht's puny 35%!

This should ofcourse mean that Twente should've won! MAYBE! Maybe ... Utrecht did have more shots, both in total and on target ... but Twente had a massive 18 corners!

All in all, a fair result to a great game with two great and evenly matched sides!

If we now move on we have 2nd placed Vitesse taking on 17nd placed Go Ahead Eagles!

A game that on paper, should've been won easily by Vitesse, and tbh, this was also what happened!

After having absolutely massive pressure on the Eagles throughout the game, it was also a very fair result that Vitesse scored 3 goals in the matter of 46 minutes! The first goal was scored by Mike Havenaar (and despite his english/dutch sounding name AND appearance ... he's actually JAPANESE ... what the actual hell?!)

Havenaar fired a powerful shot away from inside the box after a fantastic play from Wilfried Bony (who's been the standout star of Eredivisie so far this season!)

It then went on for another 26 minutes before the next goal was scored, this was also scored by Mr.Havenaar in the 32nd minute and boom ... Vitesse is leading 2-0 after 30 odd minutes having been played!

But they weren't to go into HT with a 2 goal lead ... no. Instead, Gerald Asamoah, the 35 yo German striker pulled one back in the 43rd minute and we're off for HT!

The game had barely a chance to start when Wilfried Bony headed in a FK behind Marsman! 3-1 Vitesse and Game over for Go ahead Eagles!

ur01.png

As we can clearly see from the stats above, this was Vitesse's game through and through! Go Ahead had no chance to come back or even be a threat to Vitesse!

In all fairness, I'm surprised that Vitesse didn't bag an additional 2 goals to their already 3 scored.

5-1 would've been a much fairer result then the 3-1 that the game ended with.

And Wilfried Bony, what a phenomenal player! 11 goals and 17 assists in 27 divisional games for Vitesse ... how about that for a superstar eeh?!

Up next is the quite uneventfult game between Groningen and Den Haag ... but since Den Haag is unmanaged and Groningen is managed by someone that doesen't frequent this thread ... it shall remain, unreviewed!

Up next we've got the highly interesting forum derby between Ajax and Feyenoord! (and I cannot stress enough how incredibly envious I am of Feyenoord and their Luis Muriel -.-)

A very even game on paper, with Feyenoord having the slight advantage of a better squad, but Ajax had the advantage of home ground.

Feyenoord sits 1st in the table, and were thus expected to take 3 points to continue on their way to the first ever 333 Eredivisie title! But it just wasn't to be as Ajax trumphed them and smacked 'em good!

Noisy and his Colomboan striker Pabón opened the goalscoring in the 4th minute with a fantastically technical goal and Mulder in the Feyenoord goal is without a chance! 1-0 Ajax!

In the 33rd minute, Icelandic power package Kolbeinn Sigthorsson receives a well timed pass from Noboa and works his way into a shooting position before firing away a low and well-placed shot ... 2-0 Ajax!

But Feyenoord wasn't pleased with how the game was turning out and pushed everything into full throttle and pushed on for a goal! and in the 42nd minute they were finally rewarded when goalscoring machince Luis Muriel bagged his 19th(!!) of the season and they were back in the game!!

But alas, it just weren't meant to be tonight for Feyenoord as Sightorsson headed a FK into the back of the net in the 72nd minute, 3-1 Ajax and game over!

wn3.bmp

And there you have 'em! The stats! And as you can see, thanks to a flawed match engine, Ajax walked away with 3 points after scoring on their only 3 goals on target ... (well done SM!)

Noteworthy is that out of the 14 total shots that Feyenoord threw against Vermeer, a whopping (sarcasm) 50% landed on target, perhaps you need to work on your shooting there eeh Prepp?

Up next we've got the 2nd forum derby between Matty and myself! PSV Vs. SC Heerenveen!

The game started out particularly well for my own PSV squad when Dries Mertens scores from a fantastic well aimed FK! 1-0 PSV and we're laughing all the way to the bank!

But just 6 minutes after, it's time for another goal! This time it's from Heerenveen! Funes Mori bags his first and only goal of the game when he in teh 15th minute scores with a low shot! 1-1!

And this really was ... well it was 'The game of TWO minutes' ... let me explain ... an additional 4 goals were scored in this game, 2 for each team making the final result 3-3 ... but the interesting part comes now.

In the 35th minute, Heerenveen took the lead through Sarabia and just the minute after in the 36th, Flum scored to make it 3-1 in favour of Heerenveen and that was the score that they reached HT with!

In the 2nd half we only had to wait til the 72nd minute when Depay scored his 2nd of the season and just the minute after that we have Jeremain Lens scoring! So for both teams, 2 different goalscorers, 2 minutes apart ... that's quite an achievment that!

yv3e.png

With the stats being what they are, I'm actually surprised to see that we managed to get a draw out of this game as Heerenveen clearly was the better team tactically! It's been a while since I was last under that 40% possession mark tbh!

I'm very pleased tho with the amount of shots I had, and going by how many shots Heerenveen had, it was a wide open game this!

At the end of the day, a just result with 1 point each ... perhaps Heerenveen should've walked away with 3 points but in footbal, and with a flawed match engine, this isn't always the case!

Actually, my mistake! There's a 3rd forum draw here! This time it's between Dazz and Ash! Haha! Fantastic! Alrite, here we go then!

I'd like to start this game review off with stating, I STILL CAN'T UNDERSTAND HOW ERIK LAMELA CAN PLAY FOR AZ!!!!!

Now then, onto the game!

It was, in all honesty a very dull and boring game with limited epicness :P we did however get to see 2 great goals from Erik Lamela and Artur Sobiech!

But these goals came in teh 58th and 88th minute respectively!

Other then that there's really not much to add for the snoozefest that it was haha.

4ma9.png

Right here we can clearly see that whilst the teams were quite even on everything bar possession .... AZ were the clear winners and since they also won, I've really nothing to complain about!

Now then! We're at our very last game this review! It's SCL Vs. Heracles!

Heracles is a team that's positioned higher then 5 forumers! And that says something about the flawed engine ... once again!

We start the game off with 2 quite early goals! Heracles took the lead in the 8th minute through Kwame Quansah! This was Quansah's 12th goal of the season and he's been quite impressive for his Heracles ... being one of the main things that've kept Heracles in such a high position!

The next early goal is the equalizer from the 78 rated Davy Klassen who bags a stunning header in the 11th minute! 1-1!

After this goal we're forced to wait til the 58th minute for the next goal, a beatiful low FK from Ishige that actually goes UNDER the wall rather then over or around it! 2-1 SCL!

SCL's joy were however, quite shortlived when Heracles equalized just a minute later through Ninos Gouriye! 2-2!

The 75th minute would prove to be a tactical stroke of genius for SCL as I'll leave you with this quote:

The manager of SC Cambuur-Leeuwarden is about to make some substitutions.

RAGUSO, CABRERA and KLAASSEN are leaving the action.

It will be TAKAHASHI, BÁEZ and CÉSAR to replace them.

ISHIGE receives the ball from wide and hits an instant pass to CÉSAR.

CÉSAR controls the ball and fires a strike towards the roof of the net.

Goal GOAL!! - It hits the back of the net.

n8st.png

And here we now have the stats from the game! Nothing really that sets the world on fire, but one thing I think is quite clear to everyone .. and that is ... had Machine just gotten in at the helm of SCL a tad sooner then what he now did, he would've been far higher up in the table ... and I reckon that if he had had a bit more luck ... he would've been even higher up then that!

But all in all, subs do work and SCL deserved to win this game so congratulations to Machine!

92wp.png

Aah yes! Here we are! The table ... the thing you've all been waiting for! You can see me and Machine down in the bottom 5 ... and in the top 5 we only had 2 positional changes from the 28th turn and that was that Vitesse took over 2nd place from Groningen after Groningen were beaten by ADO Den Haag!

Wich leaves us with Feyenoord at the top, followed by Vitesse,Groningen,NEC and Twente! A very interesting top 5 with both Ajax and PSV outside it!

-Team of the Turn-

200px-Ajax_Amsterdam.svg.png

Honestly had a tought time to choose wich team would be awarded this but at the end of the day, Ajax beat the league leaders and did so, perhaps without actually showing off ... but nevertheless, they won their game and jumped up several positions!

-Player of the Turn-

36225.jpg

(1)

Despite looking like 44 and not 24, Adam Sarota gets awarded the player of the turn award this last turn!

The aussie not only bagged a brace but he also assisted to the vital 3-3 goal between Utrecht and Twente giving Utrecht 1 extremely vital point for the rest of the season!

Enjoy ...

I'd rather have Muriel

:P

Muriel over Lamela? :P

Up next we've got the highly interesting forum derby between Ajax and Feyenoord! (and I cannot stress enough how incredibly envious I am of Feyenoord and their Luis Muriel -.-)

A very even game on paper' date=' with Feyenoord having the slight advantage of a better squad, but Ajax had the advantage of home ground.

Feyenoord sits 1st in the table, and were thus expected to take 3 points to continue on their way to the first ever 333 Eredivisie title! But it just wasn't to be as Ajax trumphed them and smacked 'em good!

Noisy and his Colomboan striker Pabón opened the goalscoring in the 4th minute with a fantastically technical goal and Mulder in the Feyenoord goal is without a chance! 1-0 Ajax!

In the 33rd minute, Icelandic power package Kolbeinn Sigthorsson receives a well timed pass from Noboa and works his way into a shooting position before firing away a low and well-placed shot ... 2-0 Ajax!

But Feyenoord wasn't pleased with how the game was turning out and pushed everything into full throttle and pushed on for a goal! and in the 42nd minute they were finally rewarded when goalscoring machince Luis Muriel bagged his 19th(!!) of the season and they were back in the game!!

But alas, it just weren't meant to be tonight for Feyenoord as Sightorsson headed a FK into the back of the net in the 72nd minute, 3-1 Ajax and game over![/center']

wn3.bmp

And there you have 'em! The stats! And as you can see, thanks to a flawed match engine, Ajax walked away with 3 points after scoring on their only 3 goals on target ... (well done SM!)

Noteworthy is that out of the 14 total shots that Feyenoord threw against Vermeer, a whopping (sarcasm) 50% landed on target, perhaps you need to work on your shooting there eeh Prepp?

[/font

First of all It's great to have you back and active!

However, I can't be the only one who has noticed that when you're clearly top of the table with 10+ points, SM clamps down and removes some of the infamous randomly luck factor for you in the last remaining games?

I've now lost 3 of the last 4 league games, and without going in to it too much I feel I should have gotten more then 3 pts in those games if you take in match stats and tactic vs tactic...

I'm not trying to take too much away from the managers I lost against though, as they were on paper some of the toughest games of the season. But this exact thing happens in all gw/gcs I'm in and running away with the title.

Anyway, we're still 7 pts a head and next two games are vs the current 2nd Vitesse and then vs 3rd placed Groningen..

Let's roll the dice!

In this gameworld then yes' date=' and given how he's performing for me in 104 ... yeah ...

Muriel is the difference between winning a title and coming 2nd here on SM in ALOT of GCs![/center']

Ah, fair enough :)

I wanted Lamela badly, but the manager at the time asked for too much and knowing how he usually goes by things I thought I'd just wait til he left and try the new manager. Unfortunatly he sold him to Ash before he left.. fail lol

• 2 weeks later...

Patrik Olsson earned a draw with Feyenoord against FC Twente.

The match ended 0 - 0 between Feyenoord and FC Twente in their Division 1 fixture.

Mulder had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

There it is lads, the title winning point. Game over. :P

Tbf I was pretty lucky to get away with a draw tonight, I certainly wouldn't have complained had I lost the match.

Actually my end of season form has been very poor, but since neither of the chasing teams played any better it didn't even matter.

Just a shame I'm not still in the domestic cup (damn you ash!) as I could've gone all in on it now.. :(