Sign in to follow this  
LegendaryLemon

GC 333 | The Forum GC 2.0

Re: GC 333 | The Forum GC 2.0

Captain Fantastic!!

Steven-Gerrard-001.jpg

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard was at his inspirational best as he helped fire his beloved side to a 3-1 victory over West Ham United. The Kop legend scored each and everyone of his sides three goals, before Razvan Rat scored a consolation for West Ham. The first of his goals came from a brilliant move of individual skill from Coutinho, something we are getting used to seeing. The young Brazillian hotshot danced past 2 players before sending in a superb cross for the captain to head home, and open up the scoring. Quickly after the break, Gerrard powered in a trademark free kick after Daniel Sturridge had been brought down by James Collins. Just one minute later Gerrard made it 3 from the penalty spot, after Tomkins brought Coutinho down whilst through on goal. Despite Razvan Rats quality free kick into the top corner, one goal was too little too late for the Hammers. Manager Alos Rothnie will be particularly pleased with the result seeing they didn't have their star man Zlatan Ibrahimovic. The win moves Liverpool up to 6th, and gives them their third straight win in all competitions.

UEFA FORUM CUP | Pots

Pot A

Barcelona

Liverpool

Newcastle

Ajax

Pot B

Malaga

Sunderland

FC Twente

Wolfsburg

Pot C

Southampton

Vitesse

Reading

Feyenoord

Pot D

Yeovil

Bluewings

SC Heerenvenn

Derby County

These are the pots which I shall do the draw from. I'll get the draw done in a few hours but can't do it right now as I have real life soccer. I'll post it straight to the thread and probably put it on the first post as well.

WON 5-1 :D

And Elo not entering due to fear that hed get drawn in a group with me. Its okay I would fear myself as well.

there are only 3 managers I 'fear' on all of SM ... And all 3 are in Holland!

Guys the draw will be up in 11 minutes time. The link is www.youtube.com/C2ndveJB_GM . Just saying because I won't be home when it is uploaded and I mightn't be able to get it on here on my phone. But yea check in about 10-15 minutes should be up.

Edit: If it becomes clear after an hour or more and I havent put it up if anybody knows how to put youtube videos on the thread that would be greatly appreciated. If not I'll do it tomorrow but A reminder it is 2 minutes away from going up.

logo_eredivisie.gif

-Game 3/34-

Game 3 came and went, and with it, a few unusual results. Groningen smashed PSV, Heerenveen went all out against Feyenoord under their new manager and Ajax continues to dissapoint! This is the 3rd dutch review of the season, enjoy your read!

ji0l.jpg

I think we need a bit of "grouping" here ... Losses,Wins,Draws ... and then go by that :P

Winners: FC Groningen, AZ, FC Twente, SC Heerenveen

So, as stated previously, Groningen had fun against PSV .. but even so, PSV we're the dominating part of this game, having more total shots aswell as more shots on goal, what really worked in favour of the homeside was the fact that PSV fielded a weaker team as alot of their starting players were rested due to not being 100% fit .... Groningen seized the advantage and went on to have a field day. But the real reason behind Groningens success is simple ... TACTICS. The wee git countered the counter and thus emerged victorious, leading his team to the 2nd biggest win in Eredivisie so far this season.

AZ went on to beat FC Utrecht and their newly appointed manager (whom I last night mistakenly took for Hayden19) .... (It's actually hckyfreak3) ... And AZ again went down early letting in 2 easy goals during the first 20 minutes before retaking control of the game in the 51st minute after Maher scored from a Penalty! Beerens went on to score the winner in the 71st before Altidore was shown his 2nd yellow for the night and was sent off ... this could've meant a turning point in the game but Alvarado Esteban saved the following freekick and saved the game for Ash and his AZ!

FC Twente took on unmanaged Heracles Almelo at home ground and did not dissapoint their supporters. Nor was the game a boring one (atleast not for the first 10 minutes

;) ) .... 3 of the games 4 goal was scored within the first 9 minutes of the game ... Dusan Tadic opened the scoring for Twente in the 3rd minute with Vejcinovic equalizing in the 8th before Leroy Fer bagged Twente's 2nd in the 9th. Willem Janssen then scored the gamewinning 3-1 from a freekick in the 38th minute leading to Twentes 2nd win of the season! and in turn leading to Twente climbing to 3rd!

And then we have SC Heerenveen. The surprise team under the guidance of Nick Justice (sounds like a superhero doesent he?

:P).

He absolutely smashed Preppens and his Feyenoord to make the humiliation even bigger for Prepp! After scoring 2 goals in the first 21 minutes, Feyenoord later scored in the 22nd minute before equalizing in the 26th ... it then took Heerenveen til the 57th minute before they could score a goal through Marecek ... and then Maracek scored a 2nd in the 85th to lead his team to victory against Feyenoord wich made Heerenveen climb to a massive 2nd place behind unmanaged NEC!

Draws: Ajax, Vitesse

Ajax continues their pathetic streak following up his opening loss to my PSV and last turns draw against PEC Zwolle with a draw against unmanaged NAC Breda. Ajax have in the space of 3 games scored a massive and frightening 1 goal

muttley.gif

If it werent for the fact that Noisy isn't around right now but elsewhere having fun and drinking his head to pieces ... I'd be even crueler against him here!

Vitesse went up against the aforementioned PEC Zwolle and just like Ajax, did not manage to beat them but ended up drawing 3-3.

But unlike Ajax, Vitesse was up 3-1 at halftime against PEC Zwolle ... and then they dropped the ball. A brace from Jesper Brost won the 1 point for PEC Zwolle and caused Vitesse to lose 3 vital points. That they could've used to climb to 5th! But instead, they're now sitting at 12th.

Losers: PSV, FC Utrecht, Feyenoord, SC Cambuur-Leeuwarden

Like stated earlier in the 'winners' section ... PSV lost badly to Groningen. But even tho we lost, we were the dominating team (statwise) but nobody can counter a counter that has you countered

:P We lost 5-1 but on a positive note, Luciano Narsingh got his first goal in his first game of the season!

FC Utrecht pulled the short straw against AZ when they lost 3-2 ... after leading 2-0 they lost all focus and let 3 goals in. They were even given the chance to equalize after Altidore being shown the red card in the 79th minute.

But it just weren't meant to be last night for Utrecht ... the game ended 3-2 in favour of AZ and causing Utrecht to drop down to 4th (ouch the pain :rolleyes:)

Feyenoord, Feyenoord, Feyenoord ... what can really be said? ... trying such a formation against these kinds of teams? What were you thinking dude?!

:P After beating Waalwiijk in the opening game ... he's drawn against a considerably weaker SCL and lost against SC Heerenveen ... shame on you dude! And reading your post on here, you're going to abandon your current formation and try a new one ... 2 games too late!

SC Cambuur-Leeuwarden ... after a nice draw against Feyenoord in the last turn, they went up against Waalwiijk! But it just wasnt meant to be this night!

Machine and his SCL suffered the biggest defeat in the entire Eredivisie so far this season! With my PSV coming in on a close 2nd!

SCL got off to a fantastic start tho with a 1-0 lead after only a mere 2 minutes ... but their joy did not last long since Waalwiijk equalized in the 3rd(!) minute. After that, it was 4-1 at halftime and the end-result was 6-1 (tough one mate). Tho in reality ... had not SCL gotten a player sent off in the 39th they could've been a real threat to Waalwiijk! And thus ... SCL remains on 18th!

c1p.JPG

What we can see from this table is that newly taken over NEC remains top of the table by just the 1 mere point. SC Heerenveen climbs from 7th to 2nd (quite an achievment ... kudos) ...

FC Twente climbs from 6th to 3rd and NAC Breda drops 2 to 6th ... last turns 5th place PSV drops 5 positions from 5th to 10th after their devastating loss against FC Groningen and FC Groningen themselves replaces PSV on 5th after climbing from 12th!

That's the top 5 for you ... quite a bit of change ... and next turn ... I'll be dead last rofl!

-Team of the Turn-

Heerenveen.png

SC Heerenveen gets the 'award' this turn ... It'd gone to Groningen but seeing as he's never posting ...

:P

Coming up and beating a better Feyenoord side like that is quite something, and especially in the manner that he climbs up to 2nd place in Eredivisie! Due to this, I award SC Heerenveen TEAM OF THE TURN!

-Player of the Turn-

32906.jpg

(1)

Lukás Maracek ... the reason for Heerenveen's victory over Feyenoord!

Maracek scored the brace that was the sole reason that made Heerenveen win with 4-2 over forum rivals Feyenoord ... but his two goals were also the reason behind Heerenveen climbing to 2nd place in Eredivisie.

Because not only did he score the gamewinning goal(s) he also assisted to Mboyo's goal that saw Heerenveen take the lead in the game!

It's easy to say that without Maracek, Heerenveen would neither have won nor reached 2nd place ... thus he is the clear winner of Player of the Turn!

Guys the draw will be up in 11 minutes time. The link is www.youtube.com/C2ndveJB_GM . Just saying because I won't be home when it is uploaded and I mightn't be able to get it on here on my phone. But yea check in about 10-15 minutes should be up.

Edit: If it becomes clear after an hour or more and I havent put it up if anybody knows how to put youtube videos on the thread that would be greatly appreciated. If not I'll do it tomorrow but A reminder it is 2 minutes away from going up.

Tis'nt working :P

I'm in with NEC :)

Welcome to Holland - best league in this GC.

I'm in with VITESSE - 3 draws from 3 so far....just wait till I start winning! I'll be kicking some backsides....

Oh, and just noticed I got a decent draw for the forum cup - READING, SOUTHAMPTON, FEYENOORD...Not easy, but do-able....famous last words :o

Welcome to Holland - best league in this GC.

I'm in with VITESSE - 3 draws from 3 so far....just wait till I start winning! I'll be kicking some backsides....

Oh' date=' and just noticed I got a decent draw for the forum cup - READING, SOUTHAMPTON, FEYENOORD...[/b']Not easy, but do-able....famous last words :o

That's not the groups mate, that's just the pots

Lost 2-1 to Everton. The easiest game of my next 5 league games. Nice to have what should be an easy cup game vs Wimbledon before getting back to the tough league schedule vs Liverpool. should be able to add a new player or 2 buy then.

Lost 2-1 to Everton. The easiest game of my next 5 league games. Nice to have what should be an easy cup game vs Wimbledon before getting back to the tough league schedule vs Liverpool. should be able to add a new player or 2 buy then.

The easiest game huh, i'm top of the league and plan on being there come end of the season :P

Wolfsburg record a 3-2 win over top4 rivals Leverkusen. diego the star of the show with a goal and 2 assists. targetman Dost continued his good form with another goal to his name, having now scored in consecutive games. Midfielder Perisic also got on the scoresheet. Wolfsburg remain in 4th spot, behind Bayern, Dortmund and schalke.

decent draw for soton :) Ajax, Wolfsburg and Yeovil.

And even better news, Signed Robert Huth from Stoke for 9m beating off Spurs in the process:p Brand new centreback partnership now with Sane and Huth. Next (and maybe final) target will be a short-term LB to use until Shaw rises.

decent draw for soton :) Ajax' date=' Wolfsburg and Yeovil.

And even better news, Signed Robert Huth from Stoke for 9m beating off Spurs in the process:p Brand new centreback partnership now with Sane and Huth. Next (and maybe final) target will be a short-term LB to use until Shaw rises.[/quote']

You signed Shawcross lol!:P

Sorry for the inconvienience caused here, but I couldnt resist the offer to manage Galatasary, as I've never managed a Turkish league club and wanted this chance.

Galatasary r pretty similar in terms of rating to Wolfsburg so it should be alright if I stay in same group for the forum cup. Can't view the link for the draw though which makes it hard to tell.

Again, my apologies for quitting yet another club, but I'll definitely be staing at gala for good.

Sorry for the inconvienience caused here' date=' but I couldnt resist the offer to manage Galatasary, as I've never managed a Turkish league club and wanted this chance.

Galatasary r pretty similar in terms of rating to Wolfsburg so it should be alright if I stay in same group for the forum cup. Can't view the link for the draw though which makes it hard to tell.

Again, my apologies for quitting yet another club, but I'll definitely be staing at gala for good.[/quote']

The video is down below. Not a link but the actual video.