• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: GC 333 | The Forum GC 2.0

THE HONGLAND CUP | England vs Netherlands

We're gonna get a cup running through friendlies between all forumers in England and Holland. However if there are any forumers outside of these two countries exceptions can be made. Basically depending on the amount of interest, it would be just like your average joe smfa cup/shield format, with a groupstage then two legged knockout round, organised through friendlies. PLEASE POST YOUR INTEREST NOW if you wish to take part, any questions can be posted here on the thread or by pm/vm what ever you want. More details will be released in a day!

We're gonna get a cup running through friendlies between all forumers in England and Holland. However if there are any forumers outside of these two countries exceptions can be made. Basically depending on the amount of interest' date=' it would be just like your average joe smfa cup/shield format, with a groupstage then two legged knockout round, organised through friendlies. [b']PLEASE POST YOUR INTEREST NOW[/b] if you wish to take part, any questions can be posted here on the thread or by pm/vm what ever you want. More details will be released in a day!

I was thinking maybe we could do something like get an equal number of English and Dutch teams to start it off. Could have a format like this:

8 Dutch Teams vs 8 English Teams randomly drawn

Now lets say there are 5 English Winners and 3 Dutch Winners. Then 2 English teams are randomly drawn to sit out the comp and the 3 English play 3 Dutch. If theres 3 English winners then England win. If not we keep going till we get either no teams left of a country.

What happens with draws? Simple replay swapping the 'home' team

A bit complicated but an slightly different idea.

There's nothing quite as amazing as the chat outbursts when you tell people you won't sell them who they want! :eek:

Yes, a few days ago I learnt I was as clueless as a kitchen sink when I rejected an offer of 10m + Zanetti + Milito for Suarez. It was then also pointed out to me I would never get a better deal. Tricky situations these are.

I was thinking maybe we could do something like get an equal number of English and Dutch teams to start it off. Could have a format like this:

8 Dutch Teams vs 8 English Teams randomly drawn

Now lets say there are 5 English Winners and 3 Dutch Winners. Then 2 English teams are randomly drawn to sit out the comp and the 3 English play 3 Dutch. If theres 3 English winners then England win. If not we keep going till we get either no teams left of a country.

What happens with draws? Simple replay swapping the 'home' team

A bit complicated but an slightly different idea.

To be honest I don't think other teams will want to play to help their rivals win. Also if we were to take that format we may have to end up leaving others out, and it also means if any other countries wish to take part it can't happen. But what do others think?

RE NETHERLANDS V ENGLAND

Make it more SMFA CUP, with a group stage. Split the Dutch teams (not many of us) to make it more likely they get through! Then just a knock-out.

Group numbers/size will depend upon interest.

Should keep it as England and Netherlands only, otherwise it's not NETHERLANDS v ENGLAND...So what's the point!

VITESSE are in BTW

We're gonna get a cup running through friendlies between all forumers in England and Holland. However if there are any forumers outside of these two countries exceptions can be made. Basically depending on the amount of interest' date=' it would be just like your average joe smfa cup/shield format, with a groupstage then two legged knockout round, organised through friendlies. [b']PLEASE POST YOUR INTEREST NOW[/b] if you wish to take part, any questions can be posted here on the thread or by pm/vm what ever you want. More details will be released in a day!

1275371662-Portsmouth_Logo_normal.jpg

Portsmouth ready to be a disgrace for England.

:P

RE NETHERLANDS V ENGLAND

Make it more SMFA CUP' date=' with a group stage. Split the Dutch teams (not many of us) to make it more likely they get through! Then just a knock-out.

Group numbers/size will depend upon interest.

Should keep it as England and Netherlands only, otherwise it's not NETHERLANDS v ENGLAND...So what's the point!

VITESSE are in BTW[/quote']

Thats just about what I said, but I think I shall rename it the UEFA FORUM CUP to allow all who want to join in.

Id take Ibra. Dont think Suarez will ever get 96 even if he deserves it.

Yeah Im all for group stages for the tournament if people want it that way. Maybe we could aim for 16 team (is that too much?) and maybe have 4 pots of 4 based on squad value. Then create groups from there. As most forumers are from England or Netherlands itll naturally have that flavour to it.