Sign in to follow this  
LegendaryLemon

GC 333 | The Forum GC 2.0

Re: GC 333 | The Forum GC 2.0

Ok' date=' so after having a little bit of a think, I have decided to slightly change the the format. So, with 20 teams, there shall be a total 4 pots. The top 3 pots, will be made up of the 12 teams with the highest average rating from their top 18 players (this can be seen from the overview of the gameworld in the Add Club page). To help determine teams with equal ratings squad value will be used. Now there is 1 pot left to be filled, which will be fought out for in mini-qualifying rounds between the 8 lowest rated sides. This will involve a 2 leg knockout round, with away goals counting. The 4 victorious sides will earn a place in the final pot. It's almost like qualifying for a Euro 2013 or something. Now, I know this makes it a lot harder for the low rated teams like Yeovil and Portsmouth, so I have prepared a handicap for their opponents in the qualifying round. I have organised the qualifying rounds in a way that enables all the weaker sides to progress, but they most overcome their opponents without their highest rated player, IF there is a difference between the teams in ratings of 5 or more. If the highest rating is shared among more than one player, than all of those players are ineligible to play. This way there will still be one team better than the other, but it gives the weaker team a fairer chance of progressing to the next stage. If none of this is making sense hang on a moment as there will be a diagram of the layout below which should help explain. Now, once we have the 4 pots, the groups shall be drawn to determine 4 groups of 4 teams. It's pretty self explanatory from then onwards. The top 2 teams from each group progress. Quarter finals and semi finals WITH 2 legs, and a final prize of 6000 credits. (Cheers Garry got the 1000). So here is the overview of it all.

[center']Qualifying Round

QFR 1 :Portsmouth V Reading - Reading cannot play their highest rated player(s)

QFR 2 :Yeovil V Suwon Bluewings - Suwon cannot play their highest rated player(s)

QFR 3 :Utrecht V Derby

QFR 4 :Vitesse V Feyenoord

Dates for these games will be released shortly.

IMPORTANT: If teams fail to abide by the rules and field ineligible players they will automatically forfeit the match 3-0.[/center]

The remaining teams and their pots will be released when the qualifying round is complete.

First of all - ayyyyyy? I was the first to register interest in this and I am to play a qualifier? Say whaaaat? :confused:

And all groups should be mixed and not on ratings or values, wheres the fun in that!

First of all - ayyyyyy? I was the first to register interest in this and I am to play a qualifier? Say whaaaat? :confused:

And all groups should be mixed and not on ratings or values' date=' wheres the fun in that![/quote']

You are AZ not Utrecht :confused:

If people are really that upset with it then I shall redo it and make it so everyone is in the group stage. Just thought I would try and make it a bit more exciting and try to get it to last throughout the entire season but if that's what the people want then so it shall be. I am trying my best guys I can't make time stop. It was originally The Hongland Cup as the majority of the forumers were in Holland and England, but plenty outside of those countries did also state interest so it would be unfair to leave them out. I organised those qualifiers based on the lowest rated teams with the lowest squad value. Also a pot is not a group. I'll try and get it redone by tomorrow.

Probs make it four groups of 5, and if you want duration to be longer, make it that everyone plays the other teams in their group twice, so everyone plays 8 group games, then quarters and semis which are two legs each?, and then a final.

Probs make it four groups of 5' date=' and if you want duration to be longer, make it that everyone plays the other teams in their group twice, so everyone plays 8 group games, then quarters and semis which are two legs each?, and then a final.[/quote']

That'll pretty much be it.

There's going to be 2 legs in the quarter finals and the semi finals. As I've said earlier there's going to be a video draw' date=' with pots used so the groups are of mixed teams.[/quote']

You are the one organising it so its or choice but I think two legged ties would make the whole thing longer than it already seems it may be.

You are the one organising it so its or choice but I think two legged ties would make the whole thing longer than it already seems it may be.

It really isn't going to go for very long at all. 8 games in the group stage, then another 5 games makes just 13 games. Of course there is byes for some teams so that will extend it a bit, but it won't last the duration of the season.

WOLFSBURG UPDATE

Wolfsburg manager Shane Mendis has announced that Wolfsburg's preseason transfer dealings are nearly wrapped up, with the main focus now being selling the players that do not remain in the manager's plans for next season. WOlfsburg have only completed two transfers so far: Midfielder Granero and defender Salcido. Wolfsburg has also confirmed that offers have been made for star man and captain Diego. However, Mendis has expressed his desire to hold on to the player, with the view of building the team around the midfielder, who will be expected to lead the club to a top 4 spot in Germany. Wolfsburg have also turned down offers for highly rated startlet Ricardo Rodriguez, who originally expressed desire to leave the club.

In the first 5 preseason friendlies, Mendis has experimented with a largely second string lineup, giving a chance for the fringe players to prove their worth to the manager. However, in general, the team has not displayed the form required to be competitive in the Bundesliga and Europa League this season, with a 1-1 draw with Vicenza, 3-0 win over French second tier Ajacchio, a shocking 1-3 loss to Johnstone, a 2-0 win over Sedan, and a 2-1 victory over Hull City.

A few players who have impressed have been Croatian striker Srjdan Lakic, with 3 goals and 2 assists in 5 games. However, more will be required if he is to compete with established strikers Dost, Helmes and Olic. Japanese midfielder Makoto Hasebe has so far been the stand out player for the club, with 4 goals and an assist in 5 games, with 3 MOTMs.

Mendis has now named his initial First XI with 3 days to go before the season:

742990_VfL_Wolfsburg.jpg

Elkeson Signs on

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSahxWWXmeNMUwh6V4C2MShq0gFyeYhx7UAysz72txUFBjJkz023g

Elkeson joins Southampton from Guangzhou Evergrande. He's Versatile which is always useful, and the fact he's 23 and has said he'll move to europe after 2 seasons im hoping for a good move, figure the drop is soley down to the quality of league he's in, especially seeing he's scored 15 in 12.

56455.jpg

Also signed young serbian Marko Poletanovic from Vojvodina.

SPARTAK MOSKVA LINEUP NEXT 2 GAMES

[H] - Sorrento

Friendly

20:00 KO

Luzhniki Stadium

20th June 2013

Referee - Mohamed Benouza

[A] - Hull City

Friendly

20:00 KO

KC Stadium

21st June 2013

Referee - Mohamed Benouza

743038_Spartak_Moscow.jpg

Everton go into the season weakend by some buffons reporting of deals which has resulted in me getting koscielney and arteta back for fellaini, but losing baines for 7.5 mil and giroud.

Can't do any deals with Arsenal manager which will no doubt ban me from entering a free gc with him now.

Awful SMFA

Only made two signings so far, but hoping to bring in one more to my Feyenoord before the season kicks off.

Everton go into the season weakend by some buffons reporting of deals which has resulted in me getting koscielney and arteta back for fellaini' date=' but losing baines for 7.5 mil and giroud.

Can't do any deals with Arsenal manager which will no doubt ban me from entering a free gc with him now.

Awful SMFA[/quote']

I feel for you mate, the reversed deals ruins the fun..

Only made two signings so far' date=' but hoping to bring in one more to my Feyenoord before the season kicks off.

I feel for you mate, the reversed deals ruins the fun..[/quote']

Left me with shed loads of cash but I've lost major interest now

yeah proper annoying when reversal's happen for no good reason, had my fair share of them recently in g.c it really does need something doing about it, i mean its in a pretty bad state when its got to the point where everyone(or the majority) are now weary about doing deals at the start of any gameworld with actual managers because 8/10 they get reversed because of these rejects who just sit there and report every single deal that gets done of any worth.

also on a more lighter note looking to bring in 1 loan striker if anyones got one going, already went through the u21 strikers and placed a few bids but if anyones got a lad somewhere between the 82-85ov marker for loan i'd well like to loan him for season to put into rotation with my other lads, will get a fair whack of games and won't just be bench warming the entire time.

Ah the good old SM going with the 'meh this got reported lets randomly pick this one to reverse' rather than 'oh they have completely different user IP addresses meaning theyre not cheating and its perfectly fair.'

Redid the Lavezzi deal. Hope it holds up this time. This really is soemthing that needs to be taken up with SM

So out of all my friendly's my best player is my best player is my RB Luke Ayling a player I almost sold for C/V turns around and scores 3 goals in two friendly's with new signing Alvaro Ramos just behind him with 2 goals in two friendlys.

Looking forward to the new season where we travel away to Burnley :)

Real Zaragoza manager Jeremy Madrigal was said to be upset with his team's preseason performance, though the team went 5-1-2 with today's 1-1 draw with MLS side FC Dallas. With the season starting tomorrow in Malaga, Madrigal expects the team to struggle as the competition is a little more even then the clubs of the preseason.