Brazil - Confederations Cup 2013

Bradford

Re: Brazil - Confederations Cup 2013

Spain are once again on a whole different level.

They have been as near perfect as you can get.

Big fan of both Soldado & Fabregas. (Commentator just said about Soldado having a brilliant season winning the cup at Atletico - lol Jonathan Pearce you are just terrible!).

Turned off the TV when Soldado made it 2-0, as great they might be, I just can't stand to watch a full game of Spain.. Their possesion play is effective, but it's also mighty boring to watch lol

Big fan of both Soldado & Fabregas. (Commentator just said about Soldado having a brilliant season winning the cup at Atletico - lol Jonathan Pearce you are just terrible!).

HAHAHA I just cant stop laughing at their bench

:P

Its just as good as their starting lineup :eek: talk about a golden generation

Turned off the TV when Soldado made it 2-0' date=' as great they might be, I just can't stand to watch a full game of Spain.. Their possesion play is effective, but it's also mighty boring to watch lol[/quote']

Whilst a part of me does agree, I'm more disappointed in the teams that don't take it to Spain (not that many teams actually can) - I think Italy and Brazil would/should do better against them.

Turned off the TV when Soldado made it 2-0' date=' as great they might be, I just can't stand to watch a full game of Spain.. Their possesion play is effective, but it's also mighty boring to watch lol[/quote']

I respect your opinion mate and that is what footie is all about but when I see comments like this about Spain and how they play football it makes me think what do people actually want to see when they watch a game of football.

As I type Spain have created at least 5 cracking chances and have scored twice, some of their play has been fantastic, fluid movement and accurate passing which has been a joy to watch. Not to mention their ability to win the ball back so quickly! They are playing the Copa America champions and to put it simply are making them look average (at best).

I hold a season ticket for an SPL club and believe me I can hear the ball screaming for help as it is booted from one end to the other, our national team are equally as bad with little or no technical ability, I saw Spain at Hampden couple years ago and believe me in the flesh they are something else.

I do find their playacting unsavoury and frankly unnecessary but their football should be something that is encouraged and used as a template, I only wish I could see a side play like that on a regular basis.

I respect your opinion mate and that is what footie is all about but when I see comments like this about Spain and how they play football it makes me think what do people actually want to see when they watch a game of football.

As I type Spain have created at least 5 cracking chances and have scored twice' date=' some of their play has been fantastic, fluid movement and accurate passing which has been a joy to watch. Not to mention their ability to win the ball back so quickly! They are playing the Copa America champions and to put it simply are making them look average (at best).

I hold a season ticket for an SPL club and believe me I can hear the ball screaming for help as it is booted from one end to the other, our national team are equally as bad with little or no technical ability, I saw Spain at Hampden couple years ago and believe me in the flesh they are something else.

[b']I do find their playacting unsavoury and frankly unnecessary but their football should be something that is encouraged and used as a template, I only wish I could see a side play like that on a regular basis.[/b]

They're actually playing quite direct tonight which is good, but they still have a tendency to just continuously pass the ball with few chances created. The German model is the way to go, end to end football is what should be encouraged with an emphasis on trying to create as many chances as possible rather than maintain possession.

I can only speak for myself, but when I'm watching football from a neutral perspective (like tonight) I would love both sides trading chances, and lots of action through counter-attacks etc etc.

Watching Spain (or Barcelona for that matter) is pretty much passing around the ball, often sideways until a play opens up forward which makes for a genius pass and then they're suddenly just like that in the penalty box.

And obviously this is effective, and I don't mean to take anything away from Spains or Barcelonas success. But it is extremly lame to watch from a viewers perspective (obviously not everyone agrees).

And really, I only said I turned off the TV because I find it boring, I'm not telling everyone else to do it. lol