Sign in to follow this  
SW Dev (Vicky)

Chat

Riferimento: Chat

We have have improved the chat facility to increase the speed and reliability of it.

GREAT IDEA! with all the things that could be developed in the game, we are so happy the focus was on the chat ! by the way I must say it makes clear the idea of "improvement" in this game.,,, in few words, it works much worse now... difficult to send messages, that are often slow or and sometimes doesn't go, often impossible to close an open chat, it goes on appearing again and again- crazy number that tells of messages recived, nothing to do with real number, same message received many many many times... grat development!!! thanks for that!

Re: Chat

It might be an need improvement for some but for myself, i won't notice it. As i never have the chat on, always turn the feature off, for the following reason:

only a short cap of chat messages as in the past i've dealt with this kind of rubbish for all my players, every day. Sometimes upto 5 times in one day when a new manager joins a setup.

Manager1: Please sell me Muller

Manager2: I wanna buy Muller

Manager1: I need Muller please sell him to me, I will offer you Nani

Manager2: Why won't you sell Muller, i'm gonna report you for unfair dealings as you won't sell anyone.

Me: If you want Muller so badly, go to the supermarket and you can get as much Muller Yoghurt as you like.

Re: Riferimento: Chat

Hi Riccardo,

Improving the chat feature was an unexpected development for us as it came out of an issue we discovered in the system very recently. It wasn't quite top of the list as you might imagine, but it has been improved none the less.

We are not seeing widespread reports of any issues with the function since the changes, indeed it should be significantly quicker than before. If you are experiencing something different please report it as a bug and we will investigate.

Eric

GREAT IDEA! with all the things that could be developed in the game' date=' we are so happy the focus was on the chat ! by the way I must say it makes clear the idea of "improvement" in this game.,,, in few words, it works much worse now... difficult to send messages, that are often slow or and sometimes doesn't go, often impossible to close an open chat, it goes on appearing again and again- crazy number that tells of messages recived, nothing to do with real number, same message received many many many times... grat development!!! thanks for that![/quote']

Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Chat

Hi Riccardo' date='

Improving the chat feature was an unexpected development for us as it came out of an issue we discovered in the system very recently. It wasn't quite top of the list as you might imagine, but it has been improved none the less.

We are not seeing widespread reports of any issues with the function since the changes, indeed it should be significantly quicker than before. If you are experiencing something different please report it as a bug and we will investigate.

Eric[/quote']

okkk thanks for your response! hope everything will work asap... )) in case i'll go on I'll let u know! bye!

Hi, im new here..although have read the forums before :)

Please could you put more focus on the ME, other than chat?

If i want to "chat" with someone, i'll go chat with my mates...:eek:

Ive enjoyed this game for many, many months, an think you guys have done a stellar job...just one thing has always let it down...the ME...or at least the post match details!

When i first signed up (along with 4 RL friends), i thought about buying gold..as did my friends. But because of unrealistic results...im the only one left :(

I have not bought gold...an will never do so till im satisfied with the ME.

Some managers signin once every 2 weeks, but manage to sit atop the division with a NMF team...no squad rotation...no activity...yet continue to WIN! Whilst others like myself signin daily, an mange the squads we have for each fixture.

EXAMPLE:

In recent game, my teams joint 2nd in league after 32 games, loses 0-2 at home to 3rd from bottom.

My players morale all at least 92%..team form WLLWWW. EVERY player 100% fit!

The opposition players morale ranges from 63%- 85%. Their form LLLWLD. Their team fitness ranges from 75%-85%.

Okay...i imagine weve all lost these alot in the past. But on top of that..my matchday 11 rating is 92. Theirs barely 90! AND im at home...

Dodgy ref decisions?? cant tell. BAD performances?? Not according to the match report. Infact their players performed WORSE than ours..but still had more possession, shots on target, etc. Now if my players did 5,6 an 7's...an theirs did 7 an 8's...fair do's! But IRL, always when a smaller club beats a superior team..its often down to the bigger team underperforming, or their GK pulling off a superb game!

This has already gone on for too long, an im just waking up lol.

Sorry a little off topic...but PLEASE..just sort out your priority's! Everyone will benefit from a good ME...not from some form of chat-box...that rarely gets used.

Good morning Barakus,

Hi and welcome to the forum!

There is a post a little earlier in this thread detailing why the chat function was improved which might explain things a little further re. priorities.

If I understand you correctly, when you ask us to focus on 'ME' you are referring to the SM user base in general...i.e. everybody? Please be assured that we do focus very hard on making a great game that people all over the world can enjoy. The forum is a big part of that and we take a good steer from our forum users as to future developments and tweaks etc...we've always strived to make sure the game is community focused and this won't change going forward. In this regard, I would urge you to post any suggestions around the match engine in the thread on the same matter to ensure your ideas are picked up in our dev. process. I appreciate you posting them here, I just want to make sure your ideas have the best chance of being heard.

The situation you outline in your GW sounds odd i.e a managed team with NMF players consistently winning...let me know the GW ID and I will have a look at it.

Can see you are a Newcastle fan from your profile, much crazier goings on there this week than anything on SM! :)

Eric

Hi' date=' im new here..although have read the forums before :)

Please could you put more focus on the ME, other than chat?

If i want to "chat" with someone, i'll go chat with my mates...:eek:

Ive enjoyed this game for many, many months, an think you guys have done a stellar job...just one thing has always let it down...the ME...or at least the post match details!

When i first signed up (along with 4 RL friends), i thought about buying gold..as did my friends. But because of unrealistic results...im the only one left :(

I have not bought gold...an will never do so till im satisfied with the ME.

Some managers signin once every 2 weeks, but manage to sit atop the division with a NMF team...no squad rotation...no activity...yet continue to WIN! Whilst others like myself signin daily, an mange the squads we have for each fixture.

EXAMPLE:

In recent game, my teams joint 2nd in league after 32 games, loses 0-2 at home to 3rd from bottom.

My players morale all at least 92%..team form WLLWWW. EVERY player 100% fit!

The opposition players morale ranges from 63%- 85%. Their form LLLWLD. Their team fitness ranges from 75%-85%.

Okay...i imagine weve all lost these alot in the past. But on top of that..my matchday 11 rating is 92. Theirs barely 90! AND im at home...

Dodgy ref decisions?? cant tell. BAD performances?? Not according to the match report. Infact their players performed WORSE than ours..but still had more possession, shots on target, etc. Now if my players did 5,6 an 7's...an theirs did 7 an 8's...fair do's! But IRL, always when a smaller club beats a superior team..its often down to the bigger team underperforming, or their GK pulling off a superb game!

This has already gone on for too long, an im just waking up lol.

Sorry a little off topic...but PLEASE..just sort out your priority's! Everyone will benefit from a good ME...not from some form of chat-box...that rarely gets used.[/quote']

Good morning Barakus' date='

Hi and welcome to the forum!

There is a post a little earlier in this thread detailing why the chat function was improved which might explain things a little further re. priorities.

If I understand you correctly, when you ask us to focus on 'ME' you are referring to the SM user base in general...i.e. everybody? Please be assured that we do focus very hard on making a great game that people all over the world can enjoy. The forum is a big part of that and we take a good steer from our forum users as to future developments and tweaks etc...we've always strived to make sure the game is community focused and this won't change going forward. In this regard, I would urge you to post any suggestions around the match engine in the thread on the same matter to ensure your ideas are picked up in our dev. process. I appreciate you posting them here, I just want to make sure your ideas have the best chance of being heard.

The situation you outline in your GW sounds odd i.e a managed team with NMF players consistently winning...let me know the GW ID and I will have a look at it.

Can see you are a Newcastle fan from your profile, much crazier goings on there this week than anything on SM! :)

Eric[/quote']

Hi Eric, an good morning to you too :) Thanks for the warm welcome mate!

I try to not complain about issues i know nothing about, as in the Match Engine. I have know idea of how you programme such things lol. But something i do know about is footy...some would say not so much lol :mad:

Anyways, the GW i was on about with the NMF team is English Championship 24740. Though this was last season. when Man City won the league, with their manager almost lost his job on an occasion because he didnt signin for 27 days!! So in effect he had the same 11 for 27 days...almost a third of the season (including cups) lol All his players were like 16% goin into games, an winning.

TBH though..ive seen this many times before...but none of late. But really would like to see Morale & MFitness play a bigger emphasis on results. Somein like a 90 rated played at 50% fitness..is actually rated 45.

Just think it would reward the managers who work a little harder :)

I would post my ideas in the Match engine thread..but its been locked. Like i said i dont like complaining..just i really enjoy this game in Literally all other areas...

LOL..yeah im Newcastle fan..an controversy is never far away from St James's Park :)

Can you explain what improvement>

I have a chat box open just now which I cannot close. Every time I close it reappears again.

The message count steadily rises all by itself with no messages.

As usual we have a feature which does not work properly.

Hi Klorway,

Which browser are you using?

Can you explain what improvement>

I have a chat box open just now which I cannot close. Every time I close it reappears again.

The message count steadily rises all by itself with no messages.

As usual we have a feature which does not work properly.

How you have improved this chat?Its even worse..I can't even close it.I close an interface and after a few seconds appears again with doozens of messages..sometimes it appers that I got a new message and is nothing there.It's even worse.

this chat is getting even worse today i received one message yet it said i recieved 254 messages and at this moment i dont even have chat as its not even showing up and hasent done for the last 30 mins

I honestly can't face this stupid chat anymore.I talked with 20 people today and after I close the window every single one appears in a few seconds.I can't even understand the messages anymore because it is a completely mess there.You have broked this chat too..one of the only things which was working quite good.

Hi all.

Thanks for feeding back about issues with the Chat function.

We are very keen to get to the bottom of any issues which users may be experiencing - I'll feed these points back to the devs working on this but would also ask you to report a bug in the normal way if problems persist. This will ensure we fix any issues affecting your individual set up.

Eric