Arsenal Rating Changes

TomOwen

Sorry if this is a double thread but couldn't find it in search and I wanted to make a new one for this season too. Here are a few Arsenal changes:

Emmanuel Adebayor-Age 23-Rating 89-Rise to 90 after good start to the season. Should go up. Debate on this thread please: http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=14551. Almost everybody agrees with a rise to 90.

Bakary Sagna-Age 24-Rated 89-Becoming a regular at the Emirates. Great last season at Auxerre. An increase to 90 would be hard to deny with his efforts with Auxerre and Arsenal. I really like his hair too. B)

Theo Walcott-Age 18-Rating 85-Playing a lot more with most from the substitute bench. Great talent. Just 18, got a very long future ahead of him. Increase to 87 or 88.

Kolo Toure-Age 26-Rating 94-Becoming a worldclass center back. One of Wenger's best ever signing. Playing really well, great tackle, great positioning and great marking. Increase to 95 wouldn't be hard.

Eduardo Da Silva-Age 24-Rating 90-This Crotian player who came from Brazil played really well for Dinamo Zagreb last season. Scoring more than matches. Always play well for Croatia with goals that are grabbing victories. Increase to 91.

Francesc Fabregas-Age 20-Rating 94-Really good player. Played the best football in the first ten matches. If he keeps it up, 95 would be an easy target.

Re: Arsenal Rating Changes

Emmanuel Adebayor-Age 23-Rating 89-Rise to 90 after good start to the season. Should go up. Debate on this thread please: http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=14551. Almost everybody agrees with a rise to 90.

As i have been debating on this thread i also believe that Adabeyor deserves an increase and this is what i said on that thread -

If he is Arsenal's top scorer = 91

If he is Premier League top scorer = 93

Anything else = 90

And that is what i believe.

Clichy 91 - great LB' date=' makes good runs and defends well. who is ashley cole

Van persie 93 - Brilliant striker rise defo!

Denilson 87 - has done really well imo

Almunia 90 - this is tricky but i think he is class[/quote']

I think u would be correct on all of them and maybe even more for Clichy as he has been the best left back in the premier league for 1 and a bit years so i would say at least a 91. Van Persie defiantly a rise Arsenal best all round striker deserves an increase. Denilson yep his goal in the Carling cup showed his class and i believe in 3 years time he will be playing with Cesc in the middle and they will both be amazing players but for now a 87 is right. Almunia as u said this is a tricky one and he could well be Arsenal's number 1 from now on he is playing regularly now and is playing well. He is currently 87 and for the moment i would say he is a 89 but if he does take over from Lehman permanently i think he would have to go up to 90 and maybe more.

Clichy 91 - great LB' date=' makes good runs and defends well. who is ashley cole

Van persie 93 - Brilliant striker rise defo!

Denilson 87 - has done really well imo

[b']Almunia 90 - this is tricky but i think he is class[/b]

Uh-huh that depends on whether he is considered first choice GK :)

I am going to list every player in the database who plays for Arsenal and i will say what i think there ratings should be -

Lehman - 92 --> 91 - He is not getting any better and the older he gets the less fit he becomes and his eyes get worse and he is being pushed out of the number 1 spot so has to go down.

Almunia - 87 --> 89 - He is slowly becoming Arsenal's number 1 and when he has played this year he has played well and is a key to why Arsenal have been wining games, clean sheets are everything.

Fabianski - 85 --> 85 - He played in the Carling Cup game at Newcastle and performed like an 85, so he deserves to keep his rating.

Mannone - 70 --> 70 - Don't know much about him so i will go with SM and say keep his rating until he plays for Arsenal.

Clichy - 90 --> 92 Was the best left back in the premier league last year and has started well again this year so he is a 92 at least and is pushing for a 93.

Traore - 80 --> 82 - Many people may think he hasn't done much but he featured in all but 1 game last year in the Carling cup and he never looked out of place, not even against Chelsea.

Eboue - 89 --> 89 - He was in for an increase until Sagna came along and he will now be a very handy sub. And a handy sub for a good team is a 89 nothing more nothing less.

Sagna - 89 --> 90 - He is playing in front of Eboue and he has started his Arsenal carrier well so an increase of 1 is just desserts.

Hoyte - 87 --> 87 - Not much to say really, hasn't done anything to go up or down.

Toure - 94 --> 95 - He is better than Gallas and is a very good strong powerful no nonsense defender and he deserves a 95.

Senderos - 88 --> 87 - I have no idea why Wenger plays him and he isn't any better than Hoyte so he needs to go down to his level.

Nordtveit - 75 --> 75 - Not sure about him so i have to trust SM.

Gallas - 94 --> 94 - A very good defender and is good all along the back line so he needs to keep his rating.

Merdia - 72 --> 74 - Played in the Carling Cup game and he deserves an increase after being a regular star for the reserves.

Hleb - 91 --> 91 - He i8s a great player and his assist for RVP's goal on Saturday showed that so he deserves to keep his 91 rating.

Fabregas - 94 --> 97 - Is Arsenal's best player by a long way and is now in Gerrard's class so he needs to be on his rating, goals assists, tackling, passing he has it all so a 97 all the way from me.

G.Silva - 93 --> 92 - He is playing enough to have a 93 rating so he needs to go back down to 92.

Flamini - 88 --> 89 - I aswell as most Arsenal supporters have been very impressed by his performances and he has shocked many. Good player almost a 90.

Diaby - 87 --> 89 - Wow he has came on leaps and bounds this year and he needs to be increased by 2. Great player now and is a premiership player now. 89 for me.

Denilson - 85 --> 87 - Is a great player and will one day be in the middle with Cesc, just check out his goal against Newcastle needs to go up.

Song - 84 --> 84 - His 84 rating is about right even when he plays in Carling cup games the whole team looks a few rating points ahead of him.

Randell - 73 --> 73 - Needs more playing time to go up.

Diarra - 87 --> 87 - Hasn't played much since his move to Arsenal and needs more time for us to judge him.

Rosicky - 93 --> 93 - Great player and is not letting himself down needs to keep his rating.

Walcott - 85 --> 88 - Is playing quite regularly now and that needs to be shown in his rating.

Van Persie - 92 --> 93 - Arsenal's best forward and is always playing well so he has to be 93.

Eduardo - 90 --> 90 - Has played okay at Arsenal but his International form should keep his rating.

Sunu - 60 --> 60 - Not much to say doesn't play at all so he can't go up or down.

Adebayor - 89 --> 90 - Is a much better forward this season and is scoring and assisting so he needs to go up by 1.

Bendter - 85 --> 85 - Isn't playing but he played well in pre season so he needs to stay at 85.

Rep would be nice as this took me about 1 and a half hours.

^^I agree with pretty much everything, except for Walcott's rating. 88 is a little too high at the moment. He only features every now and then but when he does he is somewhat quiet and we only end up seeing flashes of his true ability. So maybe an 86/87 tops for Walcott.

I am going to list every player in the database who plays for Arsenal and i will say what i think there ratings should be -

Lehman - 92 --> 91 - He is not getting any better and the older he gets the less fit he becomes and his eyes get worse and he is being pushed out of the number 1 spot so has to go down.

Almunia - 87 --> 89 - He is slowly becoming Arsenal's number 1 and when he has played this year he has played well and is a key to why Arsenal have been wining games' date=' clean sheets are everything.

Fabianski - 85 --> 85 - He played in the Carling Cup game at Newcastle and performed like an 85, so he deserves to keep his rating.

Mannone - 70 --> 70 - Don't know much about him so i will go with SM and say keep his rating until he plays for Arsenal.

Clichy - 90 --> 92 Was the best left back in the premier league last year and has started well again this year so he is a 92 at least and is pushing for a 93.

Traore - 80 --> 82 - Many people may think he hasn't done much but he featured in all but 1 game last year in the Carling cup and he never looked out of place, not even against Chelsea.

Eboue - 89 --> 89 - He was in for an increase until Sagna came along and he will now be a very handy sub. And a handy sub for a good team is a 89 nothing more nothing less.

Sagna - 89 --> 90 - He is playing in front of Eboue and he has started his Arsenal carrier well so an increase of 1 is just desserts.

Hoyte - 87 --> 87 - Not much to say really, hasn't done anything to go up or down.

Toure - 94 --> 95 - He is better than Gallas and is a very good strong powerful no nonsense defender and he deserves a 95.

Senderos - 88 --> 87 - I have no idea why Wenger plays him and he isn't any better than Hoyte so he needs to go down to his level.

Gallas - 94 --> 94 - A very good defender and is good all along the back line so he needs to keep his rating.

Merdia - 72 --> 74 - Played in the Carling Cup game and he deserves an increase after being a regular star for the reserves.

Hleb - 91 --> 91 - He i8s a great player and his assist for RVP's goal on Saturday showed that so he deserves to keep his 91 rating.

Fabregas - 94 --> 97 - Is Arsenal's best player by a long way and is now in Gerrard's class so he needs to be on his rating, goals assists, tackling, passing he has it all so a 97 all the way from me.

G.Silva - 93 --> 92 - He is playing enough to have a 93 rating so he needs to go back down to 92.

Flamini - 88 --> 89 - I aswell as most Arsenal supporters have been very impressed by his performances and he has shocked many. Good player almost a 90.

Diaby - 87 --> 89 - Wow he has came on leaps and bounds this year and he needs to be increased by 2. Great player now and is a premiership player now. 89 for me.

Denilson - 85 --> 87 - Is a great player and will one day be in the middle with Cesc, just check out his goal against Newcastle needs to go up.

Song - 84 --> 84 - His 84 rating is about right even when he plays in Carling cup games the whole team looks a few rating points ahead of him.

Diarra - 87 --> 87 - Hasn't played much since his move to Arsenal and needs more time for us to judge him.

Rosicky - 93 --> 93 - Great player and is not letting himself down needs to keep his rating.

Walcott - 85 --> 88 - Is playing quite regularly now and that needs to be shown in his rating.

Van Persie - 92 --> 93 - Arsenal's best forward and is always playing well so he has to be 93.

Eduardo - 90 --> 90 - Has played okay at Arsenal but his International form should keep his rating.

Sunu - 60 --> 60 - Not much to say doesn't play at all so he can't go up or down.

Adebayor - 89 --> 90 - Is a much better forward this season and is scoring and assisting so he needs to go up by 1.

Bendter - 85 --> 85 - Isn't playing but he played well in pre season so he needs to stay at 85.

This is a good effort at the rating changes of Arsenal and is very nicely presented. I disagree with many, not least Fabregas who is never a 97 at this stage in his career! However, I do not have time to post a reply just now and will hopefully do so later this evening after work.

Just to let you know, I was all set to give you a positive rep for this post until I got to the bottom and found you had asked to be repped!! That is not the way to go about getting positive rep and for that reason I won't rep this post.

Almunia - 87 --> 89 - He is slowly becoming Arsenal's number 1 and when he has played this year he has played well and is a key to why Arsenal have been wining games' date=' clean sheets are everything.

Rep for you Arsenal123. Great stuff. Agree about most but here are the things I think that should be changed or my thoughts.

Don't agree about Fabregas thing though. Only increase to 95. Maximum. If he increase to 96 then it's too soon. He hasn't reached the heights of Gattuso and Pirlo and Vieira.

Adebayor, agree. 90 will be fine for him. If he becomes EPL's top scorer than a 92 but no more.

The youngsters should stay, maybe up for Walcott and Merida and Denlinson. That's all for the youngsters. I agree that Walcott up to 88, maybe a 87. Merida to 76 would be better. Denlison to 86, not as good as Walcott so 1 rating under Walcott's.

Eduardo is playing pretty well, 91 is well deserved for him.

Gilberto Silva has just has an increase to 93, so he should stay there for a while before going down, nice joke though. :D

Van Persie has been great espescially last season. I really like his goal against Charlton last season. Misses a few penalties quite frequently though. 93 is acceptable.

Abou Diaby. Great last season. Don't know why he didn't get a bigger increase last time to about 88-89. Plays very well when gets chance. Will be a good center midfield pair with Fabregas as one is more defensive and the other is more offensive.

Manuel Almunia and Jens Lehmann. Almunia pushed Lehmann on the sub bench after his silly mistakes against Blackburn and Fulham which almost made them pay. Almunia well deserves an 89 and Lehmann, a 90 only. Worst than Robinson and Dida who also makes often mistakes.

Clichy should only go up to 91 for now. 92 is too fast for him. I mean from 89 to 92 just in 12 weeks? hard to believe. Should get an increase to 91 though.

Mathieu Flamini. Up to 89 is rewarding and he deserves it. He should get a position change too. He is more of a CM/LB as he plays there when the real LBs are injured of banned.

The rest of them, I agree.

Adebayor' date=' agree. 90 will be fine for him. If he becomes EPL's top scorer than a 92 but no more.[/quote']

This really caught my attention.

While I definitely agree that he should be no more than 90 as of yet, I am somewhat amused when you say that he should not be more than 92 should he become top scorer. Now, I don't know what prompted you to say this, but what on earth does he need to do to be above 92?! Surely being top scorer is enough!! Since when has a top scorer in a top league (EPL, La Liga, Serie A) been less than 92, may I ask?

I don't think he will be top scorer (in fact I'm quite sure he won't), but in the event that he does, 94 should be the absolute minimum.

I agree with most raitngs but Fabregas only deseves a 96. Messi is 90% as good as Fabregas at Barca and he only made 95 so Fabregas is perhaps 96 but not 97. This way he will be 1 above Messi. Arsenal are doing well so it makes sense that there are more ups then downs in the ratings. IMO Sagna could be 91 and Eboue 90.

I agree with most raitngs but Fabregas only deseves a 96. Messi is 90% as good as Fabregas at Barca and he only made 95 so Fabregas is perhaps 96 but not 97. This way he will be 1 above Messi. Arsenal are doing well so it makes sense that there are more ups then downs in the ratings. IMO Sagna could be 91 and Eboue 90.

LEO MESSI 90% as good as Fabregas??? Fabregas is a very good and talented player but Messi is the next 'Maradona' see this video at youtube:

(He dribbles past 4 players / 5 players to score.... :eek:)

This really caught my attention.

While I definitely agree that he should be no more than 90 as of yet' date=' I am somewhat amused when you say that he should not be more than 92 should he become top scorer. Now, I don't know what prompted you to say this, but what on earth does he need to do to be above 92?! Surely being top scorer is enough!! Since when has a top scorer in a top league (EPL, La Liga, Serie A) been less than 92, may I ask?

I don't think he will be top scorer (in fact I'm quite sure he won't), but in the event that he does, 94 should be the absolute minimum.[/quote']

As I said, one season is not enough to get an increase of 5 points! Nobody will agree with an increase to 94 even if he scores 30 goals this season. Benni McCarthy was top or second top scorer in the EPL and is only rated 91. If Adebayor's rating is going to be a high 94 then Ronaldinho must be 103? Eto'o will be an 102? Robbie Fowler, Jimmy Floyd Hasslebaink must be a minimum of 94 then? They are old but they have won the Golden Boot in England. What about Michael Owen, won it a few times, great goalscorer, currently 8th in all-time top scorers in the EPL. 1 goal behind Hasslebaink. Owen is only a 93. Hasslebaink and Fowler are 85s. Adebayor only deserves a 92 even if he becomes top goalscorer!

LEO MESSI 90% as good as Fabregas??? Fabregas is a very good and talented player but Messi is the next 'Maradona' see this video at youtube:

(He dribbles past 4 players / 5 players to score.... :eek:)

About technical skills and scoring I think Messi is better. Fabregas is better at passing though. SO I THINK THEY SHOULD BE EQUALLY RATED AT 95.

About technical skills and scoring I think Messi is better. Fabregas is better at passing though. SO I THINK THEY SHOULD BE EQUALLY RATED AT 95.

If Fabregas rating increase to 95' date=' I agree (played superbly so far, if carry on performing 95-96), but Leo Messi should be 96-97. (Played very well and scored goals too and technically superb player)

Leo Messi (6 goals in 6 matches)

Fabregas (7 goals in 10 matches)

Information from: ([url']http://www.football-lineups.com/[/url])

7 goals in 10 matches is superb for a CM..:D

But Messi is 90% as good as Fabregas??? i DON'T THINK SO.

(This way he will be 1 above Messi) Better than messi ???

"I have seen the player who will inherit my place in Argentine football and his name is Messi' date='" Maradona told the BBC this year.

There have been performances that have started suggestions Messi is, in fact, the best player in the game today. It is a suggestion the shy Messi will not entertain.

([url']http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22389817-2883,00.html[/url])

If Fabregas rating increase to 95' date=' I agree (played superbly so far, if carry on performing 95-96), but Leo Messi should be 96-97. (Played very well and scored goals too and technically superb player)

Leo Messi (6 goals in 6 matches)

Fabregas (7 goals in 10 matches)

Information from: ([url']http://www.football-lineups.com/[/url])

Andy, Lionel Messi is a strkier and his job is to score, Fabregas's job is to pass and assist, not score. 7 goals in 10 games is impressive for a CM though. They should be equally rated though

Andy' date=' Lionel Messi is a strkier and his job is to score, Fabregas's job is to pass and assist, not score. 7 goals in 10 games is impressive for a CM though. They should be equally rated though[/quote']

Yeah they should have the same rating and for a striker to score 6 in 6 is very good but for a CM to score 7 in 10 that is even better but i think that they are about the same abilities in different positions.

Hmm i think everything is about right atm' date=' Mayb

Van Persie - 93

Adebayor - 90

I dont think any other player needs a rise just yet, maybe if they keep it up for the rest of the season.[/quote']

U don't think anyone else needs a rise hey m8 here are 2 definate rises -

Almunia

Fabregas

As well as all of the ones i said below in my previous post but these 2 are definate risers as well as the 2 u said.

As I said' date=' one season is not enough to get an increase of 5 points! Nobody will agree with an increase to 94 even if he scores 30 goals this season. Benni McCarthy was top or second top scorer in the EPL and is only rated 91. If Adebayor's rating is going to be a high 94 then Ronaldinho must be 103? Eto'o will be an 102? Robbie Fowler, Jimmy Floyd Hasslebaink must be a minimum of 94 then? They are old but they have won the Golden Boot in England. What about Michael Owen, won it a few times, great goalscorer, currently 8th in all-time top scorers in the EPL. 1 goal behind Hasslebaink. Owen is only a 93. Hasslebaink and Fowler are 85s. Adebayor only deserves a 92 even if he becomes top goalscorer![/quote']

WHAT?!

Ok, first of all, he won't jump by 5 in a single change. There is a change every 3 months so that gives us at least 3 changes over the course of a season.

Secondly, McCarthy was only second, not top scorer. Being almost there is one thing; being the top scorer is quite another.

Lastly, Drogba got a mere 12 league goals in the season before last, yet he managed a 96 because of last season. Short of Henry, who was 98 at his peak, can you name me any other striker in recent times who has gotten top scorer more than once?!?! I doubt so.

Like many have said, SM ratings take into current form, and not so much past achievements. While good in the past, Owen definitely isn't worthy of a 94 now, because of numerous injuries over the years. If ratings in say the 98/99 season were done now, I daresay Owen will be at least a 94 too.

To give another example, van Persie managed a 92 in his first good season at Arsenal with a mere 11 goals (he only managed 5 goals per season in the previous two seasons). Hence, while not likely, should Adebayor get top scorer, he should most definitely be worthy of at least a 94.

WHAT?!

Ok' date=' first of all, he won't jump by 5 in a single change. There is a change every 3 months so that gives us at least 3 changes over the course of a season.

Secondly, McCarthy was only second, not top scorer. Being [i']almost there[/i] is one thing; being the top scorer is quite another.

Lastly, Drogba got a mere 12 league goals in the season before last, yet he managed a 96 because of last season. Short of Henry, who was 98 at his peak, can you name me any other striker in recent times who has gotten top scorer more than once?!?! I doubt so.

Like many have said, SM ratings take into current form, and not so much past achievements. While good in the past, Owen definitely isn't worthy of a 94 now, because of numerous injuries over the years. If ratings in say the 98/99 season were done now, I daresay Owen will be at least a 94 too.

To give another example, van Persie managed a 92 in his first good season at Arsenal with a mere 11 goals (he only managed 5 goals per season in the previous two seasons). Hence, while not likely, should Adebayor get top scorer, he should most definitely be worthy of at least a 94.

There are changes every 12 weeks so there is about 2 changes each season. Although he could be the top scorer, he isn't worthy of being a 94 based on his national form and performance. The best he can get is a 92 being the top scorer. The top scorer thing is one thing but how many goals does he score to become the top scorer is another thing. 15? 17? 18? 22? 30? 35? I think if he can only score 18 goals but still become top scorer then the EPL strikers have problems and scoring 18 goals in the EPL was less than McCarthy last season who scored 20 or 21 or 19 goals. That is more and he is only 91 rated. What if the goals scored were mostly from the penalty spot. Not very good. How would he be 94 rated if he scores 15 penalties and plays like s**t!