Sign in to follow this  
Elohim

GC336 - Discussions,M/R's and Transfer news

Re: GC336 - Discussions,M/R's and Transfer news

Lokomotiv Moskva in the final game of the season had a deciding factor on who won the league' date=' beating Rubin Kazan 2-1 who were on top by 2 points going into this final league match.:eek:[/quote']

I owe you for this.

So i took over Anzhi with only 3 games left. We were top on goal difference with a squad where most were around 70% fitness. I rested a few players in the first game, and drew. I went 2nd behind Rubin and then won the second game over Ural, stayed 2nd going into the last game.

Before the last game Rubin were 2 points ahead and even on goal difference.

Anzhi, propelled by new signings Wanderson and Joaozinho put 4 past Dynamo Moskva and Rubin lost away at Lokomotiv Moskva. Not only that, but it was an 86th minute goal from Lass that won it.

Anzhi champions by one point :)

Season Recap: Shanghai Shenhua – GC 336

Season 1

Chinese Divison 1

Table:

Guangzhou Evergrande 59pts

--

Hangzhou Greentown 55 pts

--

SHANGHAI SHENHUAN 52 pts

Changchun Yatai 49 pts

Beijing Guoan 46 pts

Cup: Lost to Shandong Luneng in Semi Final

Shield: Lost to Liaoning in first round

SMFA: N/A

Most valued players:

8.1 Facundo Ferreyra

6.7 Sener Ozbayrakli

5.7 Johannes Geis

Top scorers:

11 – Rogelio Funes Mori (7th in China)

8 – Facundo Ferreyra

6 – Rodrigo Aguirre

Top set-up men:

8 - Facundo Ferreyra (17th in China)

8 – Rogelio Funes Mori (18th in China)

5 – Neilton

Top performers:

8.39 – Rogelio Funes Mori (3rd in China)

8.11 – Facundo Ferreyra (6th in China)

7.33 – Daniele Padelli

In a quite competitive league (Guangzhou has Puyol, Totti, Farfan, Quagliarella, Ronaldinho, Essien, Balzaretti and Muselra, amongst others), Shanghai tried a different approach and decided to go young. The aim was a SMFA shield qualification, and we came just short. Next season, the aim will again be SMFA shield and hopefully a domestic trophy as well. At this point, second in the league seems realistic until Guangzhou’s age and salary destroy that team. Hopefully, we can sneak in a few trophies on the side which they are playing SMFA football.

PROJECTED LINEUP:

82 Padelli

84 Ozbayrakli – 80 Velazquez – 83 Geis

82 Thomsen

80 Pizarro – 80 Neilton – 80 Alison – 80 Bakkali

87 Ferreyra – 85 Funes Mori

25-man squad:

1 Daniele Padelli (Torino)

2 Sener Ozbayrakli (Bursaspor)

3 Johannes Geis (Mainz)

4 Emiliano Velazquez (Danubio)

5 Alison (Santos)

6 Youri Tielemans (Anderlecht)

7 Rodolfo Pizarro (Pachuca)

8 Nikolaj Thomsen (Aalborg)

9 Facundo Ferreyra (Shakhtar)

10 Zakaria Bakkali (PSV)

11 Rogelio Funes Mori (Benfica)

12 Shengjong Qiu (Shanghai)

13 Steve Cook (Bournemouth)

14 Hans Vanaken (Lokeren)

15 Riza Durmisi (Brondby)

16 Pavel Solomatin (Dynamo Moskva)

17 Rodrigo Aguirre (Liverpool de Montevideo)

18 Neilton (Santos)

19 Guy Michel Landel (Orduspor)

20 Tonny Sanabria (Barcelona)

21 Jonathan Carabali (Universidad Catolica del Ecuador)

22 Sergi Darder (Malaga)

23 Brandon Mechele (Club Brugge)

24 Nabil Fekir (Lyon

25 Bertrand Traore (Chelsea)

Anzhi have progressed to the semi-finals of the SMFA Shield in dramatic fashion.

Anzhi went into the 2nd leg against Fiorentina already trailing 1-0 from the first leg, before their new manager took over and things got even worse as Rossi opened the scoring for La Viola meaning Anzhi needed 3 goals on the night.

Anzhi equalised in the 29th minute through new signing Wanderson and then the game went a long time without any action until Eikrem put Anzhi ahead on the night in the 73rd minute. Things are now tied up on aggregate at 2-2 but Anzhi still needed another goal because of the away goals rule, then with Anzhi pushing, Joaozinho pounced in the 87th minute to send the home crowd crazy.

3-2 on aggregate and Anzhi will now face Arsenal in the semi-finals.

Krasnodar finish in 7th, which im fine with as its been all about rebuilding. Plus we have a Cup Semi vs Tom to look forward to still.

Been a few more additions aswell, with Fischer, Nem and Teixeiria all joining, aswell as a few youth.

Quite a few season regulars have departed as we made funds available to bring in the new guys. Out are Rojo, Petersen, Lass, Wellington and 1 or 2 others.

Squad is still really thin lol.

well Dynamo finished off the season with 2 defeats but

were the form team for the back end of the season along with Anzhi....no mean mean feat

congrats to them by the way

we will be back next season to give our best

we qualified for the shield in 5th:D

Anzhi carried on their resurgence under their new manager, by beating Arsenal over two legs to progress to the final of the SMFA Shield where they will face French side, Marseille.

Liam Bolton steered Anzhi to victory against Arsenal. Anzhi beat Arsenal 4 - 2 in a thrilling SMFA Shield Semi Final Leg 1 encounter at the Emirates.

Liam Bolton was unable to prevent Anzhi losing at home to Arsenal but the Russian side progress to the final in dramatic circumstances. Anzhi went into the second leg with a 4-2 advantage over Arsenal with four away goals, but Arsenal rocketed to a 2-0 lead before Boussoufa scored for Anzhi which made it 5-4 on aggregate and leaving Arsenal needing to score two. Arsenal scored through Mata on 53 minutes which made it 5-5 and then at the death Ribery scored in the 87th minute to make it 6-5 to Arsenal on aggregate. When it looked like it was over for Anzhi, Jucelei popped up just a minute late with a 30 yard rocket and send the game to penalties where Anzhi came out on top.

Congrats to the FC Krasnodar manager for winning the Cup against my Kuban.

Well deserved..

At least I still got some cash from reaching the cup final.

Cheers mate. Unlucky, as you had a few chances aswell.

Delighted to lift the Russian Cup after all my re shuffling. First XI is half decent but overall really thin, so will hopefully get a couple of loans in for next season too.

Agree with you about the cash. Really hard to generate. My balance hasnt updated yet but hopefully get a few mill lol.

Lokomotiv Moskva have begun the 2nd season in fine form after winning their first 7 league games and drawing their latest one, whom are now leading the Russian league by 3 points:eek:

After the large overhaul of what was a mediocre squad this run of form has been a big surprise, but its still early days yet:D

Lokomotiv Moskva have begun the 2nd season in fine form after winning their first 7 league games and drawing their latest one' date=' whom are now leading the Russian league by 3 points:eek:

After the large overhaul of what was a mediocre squad this run of form has been a big surprise, but its still early days yet:D[/quote']

you scare me :eek::o

you scare me :eek::o

Im not that scary :P

Lokomotiv Moskva are back on top by 3 points after an outstanding away win against Kuban with a 1-2 result, Ribeiro and N'Doye with the goals.

Irishman James McCarthy joins the squad for 7.9 million, to beef up the midfield.

Every week I must persuade myself not to leave this side as I built quite a decent little thing here ... but alas it's getting harder and harder ... especially after I actually set my tactics and lose 5-2 ....