Hazr

English Championship 28697 Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 28697 Discussion Thread

After buying "in bulk" and loaning two important players from Chelsea, Cheltenham Town is ready for the season ahead.

First XI : Maignan - Ajeti, Chalobah, Jogan - Karavaev, Schiavone, Davies - Saponara, Faravelli - Maniero, Kachunga

Our first XI is young, with average age of 21 years old and an average rating of 80, but we think we can sweep our competition in Div. 5 and win this thing!:D

Fleetwood have suffered back to back friendly defeats after yesterday 2-1 home defeat to Shrewsbury was followed up by a 1-0 defeat to Watford, but boss Lee Reynolds remains upbeat.

Fleetwood start the season with a trip to Morecambe fancied by most to struggle this campaign butboss Reynolds is taking nothing for granted."We must retain our focus and we will expect a tough game. I know they have been tipped to struggle but that means nothing. It is important we focus on our own game and start well with 3 points", Reynolds commented to the local media and Fleetwood.com.

TRANSFER NEWS

Review of Fleetwood's pre-season transfers

DIOGO FIGUEIRAS

150957_ori_diogo_figueiras.jpg

22 year old Portugese right back or left back signed for £2.25m from Sevilla. A full back who can play on both sides will give versatility and strength to the defence.

TIEMOUE BAKAYOKO

players-zywsc-Tiemou%C3%A9%20Bakayoko.jpeg

Young 19 year old midfielder joined from French side Rennes for £200k plus Billy Clifford. Will be on the fringes of the 1st team but sure to make an impact in the future with his combative style. A French under 18 international.

DANNY BAKKER

dannybakker.jpg

18 year old Dutch midfield come defender signed from FC Groningen for £805k. The lad has a bright future and could become an important part of the squad with his versatility.

MUSHAGA BAKENGA

bakenga.jpg

Big thinks are expected of Town's record signing who arrived for £4m from Club Brugge to replace the Brazilian Charles. Bakenga has looked sharp in pre-season netting 3 goals in 4 pre-season matches so far. He is a pacy striker with a great worth ethic and at only 21 still learning.

Division 4 - Season Preview

A new season starts on Sunday in 28697 with four big boys coming down and two sides bouncing straight back up from non-league doom to join the 18 sophomores.

Promotion Favourites:

Barnet

They may have just been promoted but heavy investment in players such as Pienaar and Bacca have made them favourites with most bookies. Champions by means of dominance in Division 5 last season proved that they are capable of leading the way and so the spotlight will be on manager Richard Sheppard this weekend when they play Crewe.

Other Contenders:

Walsall

Probably the biggest threat coming down from the Division above; David Crawford's side includes some big names from Eastern Europe to trouble defences and attackers alike in the fourth tier.

Chesterfield

Going in to the new season' date=' they might not have the strongest squad on paper but last season's play-off finalists know what it takes to compete at the top. Hossam Ali's side will hope to continue to surprise.

[b']Colchester United[/b]

Another side relegated from Division 3 last season; Colchester, under the management of Matko Maric, bring their young squad to where they may be able to flourish.

Aldershot Town

Promoted from Division 5 last season, Andy Burr has invested well in building up what is one of the stronger squads on paper, including the likes of Aliadiere. No stranger to competing at the top, expect much the same.

Wycombe Wanderers

After missing out on automatic promotion last season; Wycombe go into this one as the highest finishers to remain. Adriano's first full season in charge sees him joined by the likes of Kenwyne Jones and Wes Brown.

Fleetwood Town

They came a little short last season but with a squad not only full of quality but also quantity - manager Lee Reynolds should be aiming for a top 7 finish this time round.

Bury

Filled with only young talent from England; Bury are many neutral's favourite because of what Josh Harman is contributing to the future of our international stage.

Relegation Favourites:

Down at the other end of the table, bookies have selected Morecambe and Dagenham & Redbridge as their favourites for the drop. Each with lesser squads and, in the case of Morecambe, there's not a lot of room for rotation. Anything that isn't relegation come the end of the season will be a great success for either manager.

Golden Boot Contenders:

Carlos Bacca (Barnet)

Jeremie Aliadiere (Aldershot Town)

Kenwyne Jones (Wycombe Wanderers)

Imanol Agirretxe (Mansfield Town)

Pierre-Michel Lasogga (Crewe Alexandra)

Nice write up chap:)

Riferimento: English Championship 28697 Discussion Thread

CHARITY SHIELD

Tottenham 0-2 Norwich City

16' Hernanes 77' Balotelli (Penalty)

9-silver-larger.png

This is my second trophy on this GW (the first was the EC28697 Cup), yesterday I lost SMFA World Cup Final on penalties :o but today I won against a better team, Tottenham. I hope this will be a good season.

Re: Riferimento: English Championship 28697 Discussion Thread

CHARITY SHIELD

9-silver-larger.png

This is my second trophy on this GW (the first was the EC28697 Cup)' date=' yesterday I lost SMFA World Cup Final on penalties :o but today I won against a better team, Tottenham. I hope this will be a good season.[/size']

Congrats mate ;)

Top stuff Adriano!

Got tired of waiting for bids (whats with that?)' date=' an with the new season approaching fast, I reluctantly went ahead with a trade deal which is probably my last bit of business for a while....

[center']ALDERSHOT SIGN BARAZITE!

68265d1275100204-blackpool-can-do-re-do-what-holloway-did-nacer-barazite.jpg

£1.1M + Wellington SILVA - Accepted.[/center]

Nacer Barazite, the ex-Arsenal whiz-kid/flop, has (almost) signed a deal with new Div4 outfit Aldershot Town.

After putting Wrexham in a good position for the season I have decided to take the Wednesday job.

One of the weaker sides in the league so will be looking to change things up if anyone is interested.

Make a bid on anyone you like :)

Re: Riferimento: English Championship 28697 Discussion Thread

CHARITY SHIELD

9-silver-larger.png

This is my second trophy on this GW (the first was the EC28697 Cup)' date=' yesterday I lost SMFA World Cup Final on penalties

:o but today I won against a better team, Tottenham. I hope this will be a good season.[/size']

Congrats mate! Sad to lose it, but at least it was realistic with a Mario penalty...

With the new season on the horizon Cambridge have squeezed the resources as far as they could go, combining the play-off final cash with outward transfer fees to strengthen the club with seven new signings coming in.

1) Alberto Cerri, 17yold Parma kid who came in at a bargain £380k from Derby

2) Diego Contento, 85 rated lb/lm came in from Bayern

3) Jonathon Dos Santos, 86 rated Barcelona defensive midfielder.

4) Alex Pozuelo, exciting 85 rated AMLRC

5) David Vaughan, 86 rated DM who came in cheap through the free transfer system

6) Oguchi Onyewi, 86 rated CB who came in cheap through the free transfer system

7) Ryan Taylor, 85 rated RB/LB who came in cheap through the free transfer system

The players that made way via transfer cash and P/E deals along with the P/O final cash afforded the above 7 transfers.

1) Yusopov ~sold for £6.8m

2) Lebbhi ~sold for £345k

3) Jomar/Niasse for p/e

We have a great squad for Division 5, the club value is £63.8 million which is a massive improvement, we have £28k cash left.

We can put out a best XI with an average rating of 84.

cambform_zpse367d600.jpg

I would say we are the probable favourites for division 5 this season given our club value and strength of players, hopefully it works out that way.

Cambridge end the pre-season on a high after coming back from two goals down to beat Bournemouth 4-2, Dos Santos, Taylor, Chevanton and Pozuelo with our goals.

Four wins from the 5 pre-season games is decent.

[WON]3-0 Bristol Rovers

[WON]2-1 QPR

[LOST]1-2 Sheffield Wednesday

[WON]3-1 Tranmere

[WON]4-2 Bournemouth

But pre-season results don't mean nothing its the real thing that counts, good luck to all in the new season.

Just took WREXHAM. The ex-manager has done a good job bringing young talents (hopefully they all rise) however the budget is really low! 325k

Where do l see Wrexham after 5 seasons?

-Compeating for 3rd spot on 2nd division!

Just took WREXHAM. The ex-manager has done a good job bringing young talents (hopefully they all rise) however the budget is really low! 325k

Welcome in mate, good luck with that, I'm sure you can deliver!

They will all rise, just whenever the soccerwiki system allows it haha!

When Callum Wilson is off ban give me a shout :D

Welcome and may your goal be achieved no matter how optimistic/delusional it may be.:D

Its hard coming into an almost pre built team but when the players rise you will forget about that :) Division 5 is great fun; such a range of quality and promotion is harder then u think. gd luck :)

Welcome, mate!

Juve, storia di un grande amore!

331px-Northampton_Town_FC_logo_(2006-2010).svg.png

Northampton Unveil Wonder Kid Jetro Willems

7e70618b-c7e3-4f8d-846d-b668e46b86e5_WillemsHOL-4682.jpg

Northampton have managed to sign 19 year old Dutch International Jetro Willems! Arriving in a swap deal for Northampton's own Freitas Fabiano & Zsolt Lackzo, Jetro Willems signature had put a spring in Northampton's step. This Left Back's current high quality at such a young age shows that he is already far on his way to becoming a world class defender and strengthening a defence that also recently saw the arrival of Zambrano(87), Kagelmacher(85) and Etxeita(85) point towards the signs of a solid team with a much needed solid defence. Willem's acts as a direct replacment for Lackzo and Fabiano has been already replaced by ex-Sporting CP's Brazilian, cheap as hell, Marcelo Boeck. A few more transfers to go but soon we will be ready for the season!

With the new season about to start, let's start up the Match Report thread again people :). It was great at the beginning of last season but as the season progressed it kinda died down a bit. I for one will be restarting the Division 1 review after each match and will try and get regular match reports up and I hope others who have the time will also help in getting the Match Report thread active again :)

Some transfer news for Liverpool :):

Da Silva RAFAEL has completed his move to Manchester United from Liverpool for 5,000,000 plus Lars BENDER
Mats HUMMELS has completed his move to Manchester United from Liverpool in a swap deal for Sergio RAMOS

The first two parts of a 3-part deal with Raz, the final part is Gotze for Hazard which will be done as soon as Hazard's TB ends.

Henrik MKHITARYAN has completed his move to Liverpool from Reading for 2,180,000 plus Kevin DE BRUYNE
Pione SISTO has completed his move to Liverpool from Reading for 3,220,000

No idea who Sisto Pione is but it was necessary to get Mkhitaryan as the deal was 5.5 million + De Bruyne and since my chairman only allowed me to give 2.18 million + KDB, I had to buy a dead wood player (Sisto) from Reading so that the 5.5m was paid. Gozzy also has the option to buy Sisto for CV after his TB.

I'm really happy with these 2 deals as it was the first deal which funded my Mkhitaryan deal, pretty pleased with my team now :D.