English Championship 28697 Discussion Thread

Hazr

Re: English Championship 28697 Discussion Thread

ebbsfleet-united.gif

Ebbsfleet finally get the external bids and have spent big again as a result!

Managed to sell Matt Mills and Matty Fryatt for a combined £9m then sold 2 of my old risers to bump my budget up to around the £14m mark. With that money in comes;

Greg Halford - RB/CB/CM - Rating 83 (Completed)

521.jpg

Been waiting to sign this guy for a while now. Has had a solid season for Nottingham Forest who are in the play-off mix in the Championship. Solves my right back problem.

Chris McCann - CM/LM - Rating 83 (Accepted)

13487.jpg

Had to scrape a little money together after Lloyd Dyer's ridiculous first game injury and managed to bring in McCann. Solves another massive headache.

Michael Turner - CB - Rating 87 (Completed)

240.jpg

Without blowing my own trumpet' date=' this guy is a top signing for Division 5! His rating alone makes him a great player, but costing just £4.5m...and worth £8m. Brilliant!

[b']Marouane Chamakh - CAM/CF - Rating 87 (Accepted)[/b]

3824.jpg

Yep...Chamakh...Division 5. Need I say more?

Potential XI for next game (if new signings are fit enough).

Gerken 82

Halford 83--Barnett 84--Turner 87--Friend 82

Cowie 84--Cousins 79--Noone 83--McGugan 84--McCann 83

Chamakh 87

Unavailable

Dyer 84 (Injured)

Eustace 83 (Suspended)

Nice work buddy, good things come to those who wait.

BRIGHTON NEWS

Brighton picked up another great win yesterday with a 2-1 victory over Nottingham forest. Erding gave brighton a fantastic start, scoring after 2 minutes. The game remained tight but neither side succeeded in finishing their chances. The sides went in at half time with the score 1-0 to Brighton. The second half started as the first ended, with the game very tight, however in the 78th minute, Erding struck again to make it 2-0 to the home side. From then on, Brighton appeared to dominate the game until the 89th minute, when Nottingham forest countered brilliantly, with Lass scoring 1 minute from time.

this victory means Brighton are only 2 points from safety now, and with 13 games to go, thinks are beginning to brighten up.

"This is yet another terrific win for us. In our midweek game we suffered a massive set back in losing 2-0 to Reading, a game we certainly shouldn't have lost looking at the balance of play. But we picked ourselves up, dusted ourselves down and came back to win a massive game, against a team previously challenging for the play offs. Next game against Bournemouth is massive. Looking at their current form (lost last 6 games) it wont be long before they join us in the relegation battle. I think everybody here is expecting a win and that could lift us out of the bottom 3 for the first time since we dropped into it a few games in to the season. All we need to do is gain 2 points on the team 2 places above us in 13 games. considering we have already made up 6 points in 5 games against the team one place above relegation, I would be bitterly disappointed to see us go don now."

Division 3

BURNLEY 4-2 Rotherham United

What a great performance from Burnley tonight against a team that is fighting for direct promotion! We managed to dominate possession clearly (57% vs 43%), and we used the ball well. We were very effective upfront, scoring 4 goals in 4 shots on target (10 shots total). Fernandez, Fejsa, Mitrovic and Ilicic scored the goals, with Ilicic also bagging 2 assists, quality performance from the slovenian. We're now 9 points ahead of relegation zone! B)

Notts County outclassed Shrewsbury Town and beat them 3 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.

Cacau scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Santana was also on the scoresheet for his side.

TB's are up! But im to lazy to do transfers today:p Maybe tommorow

figured i might aswell start using this thread aswell now i've made an account

im currently in charge of man united in this gameworld took them over last december,

when i took over they were pretty far down the table,

managed to alter that slightly and now sit in 2nd place behind tottenham, have had brief spells holding the top spot but always get pulled back as spurs just don't ever seem to lose

so far this season i've already won the english championship cup beating man city in the final 5-0

Fleetwood consolidated their play-off push and still outside chance of automatic with a 4-2 home win over Hartlepool. Eduardo was the star of the show scoring a hat-trick, all stunning free-kicks with Gonzalez netting the other.

The top 2 look likely to go up, but with 10 points only separating 3rd from 12th it will be very interesting.

Alston8 steered Oldham Athletic to victory against Milton Keynes Dons.

Oldham Athletic beat Milton Keynes Dons 5 - 4 in a thrilling Division 3 encounter.

Ashley Barnes, Filip Markovic, Luis Morales and Aleksandar Pantic amongst the scorers aswell as an own goal!

2 wins from 2 both against higher sides in the league since at oldham, finances are poor and most of squad are transfer banned so just going to get through the rest of the season trying to offload some of the younger players before trying to make my own mark on the oldham team!

Kevin Junior earned a draw with Sheffield United against Preston North End.

The match ended 0 - 0 between Sheffield United and Preston North End in their Division 3 fixture.

Forster had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Dropped to 4th. :(

Division 3

Crawley Town 1-5 BURNLEY

An easy win for us tonight against a side that looks doomed to relegation this season. Mitrovic scored an hattrick and was obviously MOTM. Mertens and Ilicic scored the other goals. 12 points ahead of relegation zone now. I would say we're safe now. It would be nice though to climb a few places before season ends.

lost in both gameworlds last night tactics certainly didn't payoff

Stuart Pearce was unable to prevent a Manchester United defeat to Queens Park Rangers.

Manchester United slumped to a 2 - 1 defeat to Queens Park Rangers in their Division 1 fixture.

Pjanić was on the scoresheet for his side.

lost on both game worlds last night, the change of tactics certainly didn't do the job

Stuart Pearce was unable to prevent a Manchester United defeat to Queens Park Rangers.

Manchester United slumped to a 2 - 1 defeat to Queens Park Rangers in their Division 1 fixture.

Pjanić was on the scoresheet for his side.

Fleetwood were held 1 all by Dagenham and Redbridge with Compper scoring Fleetwood's goal. Despite creating numerous chances Dagenham's keeper produced a string of saves to stop Town from securing the 2nd clinching goal.

Town have now dropped to 7th spot and missed the chance to cut the gap to only 2 points on Barnet in third spot.

Division 3

Accrington Stanley 2-2 BURNLEY

I decided to rest some of our main players (Toulalan, Mertens, Ilicic, Fernandez and Mitrovic) in this match, as Accrington has a low average rating and we just had a match just two days ago. Sergi Roberto scored a goal and was voted MOTM. Vietto scored the other goal. We still dominated the match and maybe deserved to win, but it just did not happened. Borriello was onfire for Accrington and Langerak was also in good form on their goal. There will be a lot of matches to be played in Division 3 in the next weeks and few days to rest, so rotation will be vital to keep our players fit and away from injuries. After tomorrow we play again already, facing Port Vale at our home. Rotation will continue until the end of the season. Necessarily.

Leicester fielded the entire reserve side but managed a 0-0 draw where the opposistion GK grabbed MOTM.

A side featured lots of 73-80 players held there own allowing the first team a break.

This may be my last Season at Leicester as I'm looking to go lower division and take on a 4/5 side.

Leicester fielded the entire reserve side but managed a 0-0 draw where the opposistion GK grabbed MOTM.

A side featured lots of 73-80 players held there own allowing the first team a break.

This may be my last Season at Leicester as I'm looking to go lower division and take on a 4/5 side.

Maybe I could take over at Leicester? Fancy a change from West Brom, should be sacked anyway.