English Championship 28697 Discussion Thread

Hazr

Re: English Championship 28697 Discussion Thread

90x90bolton-wanderers.gif

Bolton secures 3rd stop

Bolton Wanderers secured 3rd place in Championship after thrashing Fulham 5-2. With this defeat Fulham faced yet another relegation in successive seasons from Premier League to League 1.

To the better half, Blackpool & Bristol City are promoted to Premier League. Bolton are the next in the table. They have 82 points with the follower Huddlesfield Town on 77. Bolton just needs to keep up their form. The next match is just a formality with Brighton & Hove. Can Bolton follow Blackpool & Bristol to the EPL?

Juan Jesus joins Burnley!

276315_heroa.jpg

JUAN JESUS

88 Rated CB/LB

22 years old

Inter

Burnley beat all competition and managed to sign great young brazilian defender Juan Jesus! In exchange we offered Luciano Vietto + Alison + 1.1M. Another good deal for us. Juan will be extremely important for Burnley, either at CB or LB. He should get a rise next changes considering he's doing very well for Inter. I'm really happy to get him! :D

We're still looking for offers for some of our players:

Ilicic (10M)

Maxwell (10M)

Federico Fernandez (12M)

Mertens (Player exchange deal or big cash offer)

Pepe (Player exchange deal or big cash offer)

Cheers!

Gateshead desperatly need a 2 for 1 trade or they will be an unmanageable team with a huge debt

I set-up a 2-4-1 with you, but then noticed I was in debt also...hopefully someone can help you out.

End of Season Preview

Tonight's matches mark the end of EC28697's sophomore season. After being open for almost a year this Game World has kept interest and is often maxed out on managers making it one of the top setups in Soccer Manager.

Let's take a look at what's to play for in tonight's big games...

Division 1:

• Tottenham are already the Champions, making it 2 for 2.

• Chelsea have secured Champions League football for next season but must fight with Man Utd for 2nd place, who must in turn, battle with Southampton and QPR for the remaining 2 places.

• Hull and Crystal Palace are already relegated to Division 2. Arsenal play West Brom where the loser will join them in relegation. A draw will also see West Brom stay up with Arsenal going down without a negative goal difference.

• Norwich's Balotelli looks set for the golden boot unless Muller, Llorente or Van Persie are up for getting, at the very least, a hat trick this evening.

Division 2:

• Blackpool and Bristol City are each already promoted to Division 1 for next season. They must battle it out for top spot with only a point separating them.

• Bolton have secured 3rd spot and will play either Middlesbrough or Barnsley in the play off semis.

• Huddersfield and Sheffield Wednesday have guaranteed that they will play each other in the play offs, the only question is who will be at home for the second leg.

• Doncaster, Charlton and Fulham have all already been confirmed as relegated (the latter for the second consecutive season).

• The Game World's top scorer Lewandowski looks like he has the Golden Boot in the bag for Everton, he is six clear of Immobile.

Division 3:

• Already promoted, Carlisle and Portsmouth must fight it out for top spot.

• Brentford have 3rd spot guaranteed and will play the lowest qualifying team in the play offs.

• At least one of Northampton and Rotherham will be in the play offs.

• Leyton Orient and Sheffield United can still compete for 4th, 5th and 6th spot.

• MK Dons and Notts County have their eyes on pulling their rivals out of the final play off spot to face Brentford.

• Crawley, Gillingham, Accrington and Yeovil will all be playing Division 4 football next season (the latter is another double dropper).

• Portsmouth's Deulofeu looks set to be given the Golden Boot with Kruse, Zaha and Cavani needing to score plenty in the final game to do anything about it.

Division 4:

• Wycombe are the confirmed Champions and Chesterfield will follow them as runners up.

• Barnet look set to climb with them in 3rd spot unless they lose, and either Newport or Fleetwood can win and overturn a +17/18 goal difference.

• Newport and Fleetwood are guaranteed the top 2 play off spots, their main battle comes in who finishes 3rd.

• Tranmere and Aldershot have the remaining play off spots in their hands but Mansfield will look to drag one of them out.

• Oxford are already relegated, whereas Burton look likely to follow them unless they can win and see either AFC or Exeter lose whilst turning around a +6/8 goal difference.

• Jones of Wycombe will battle it out with Fleetwood's Bakenga for the Golden Boot. Jones has 24, Bakenga has 22.

Division 5:

• Cambridge are the Champions with the highest points total in the Game World - 108.

• Lincoln, Alfreton and Ebbsfleet have their play off places confirmed, there may still be a reshuffle in the bracket, though.

• Macclesfield and Nuneaton will battle it out for the other play off spot.

• The battle for Golden Boot is the widest in the Game World. Alfreton currently have the two top scorers in Cornet and Hrgota (each with 22). Kuqi, who has 20 goals, is sidelined and so will be ineligible to compete so the remaining hopes lie in Cheltenham's Kachunga who has 19.

Good luck to all 92 clubs!

End of Season Preview

Tonight's matches mark the end of EC28697's sophomore season. After being open for almost a year this Game World has kept interest and is often maxed out on managers making it one of the top setups in Soccer Manager.

Let's take a look at what's to play for in tonight's big games...

Division 1:

• Tottenham are already the Champions' date=' making it 2 for 2.
    [/list']
    • Chelsea have secured Champions League football for next season but must fight with Man Utd for 2nd place, who must in turn, battle with Southampton and QPR for the remaining 2 places.

• Hull and Crystal Palace are already relegated to Division 2. Arsenal play West Brom where the loser will join them in relegation. A draw will also see West Brom stay up with Arsenal going down without a negative goal difference.

• Norwich's Balotelli looks set for the golden boot unless Muller, Llorente or Van Persie are up for getting, at the very least, a hat trick this evening.

Division 2:

• Blackpool and Bristol City are each already promoted to Division 1 for next season. They must battle it out for top spot with only a point separating them.

• Bolton have secured 3rd spot and will play either Middlesbrough or Barnsley in the play off semis.

• Huddersfield and Sheffield Wednesday have guaranteed that they will play each other in the play offs, the only question is who will be at home for the second leg.

• Doncaster, Charlton and Fulham have all already been confirmed as relegated (the latter for the second consecutive season).

• The Game World's top scorer Lewandowski looks like he has the Golden Boot in the bag for Everton, he is six clear of Immobile.

Division 3:

• Already promoted, Carlisle and Portsmouth must fight it out for top spot.

• Brentford have 3rd spot guaranteed and will play the lowest qualifying team in the play offs.

• At least one of Northampton and Rotherham will be in the play offs.

• Leyton Orient and Sheffield United can still compete for 4th, 5th and 6th spot.

• MK Dons and Notts County have their eyes on pulling their rivals out of the final play off spot to face Brentford.

• Crawley, Gillingham, Accrington and Yeovil will all be playing Division 4 football next season (the latter is another double dropper).

• Portsmouth's Deulofeu looks set to be given the Golden Boot with Kruse, Zaha and Cavani needing to score plenty in the final game to do anything about it.

Division 4:

• Wycombe are the confirmed Champions and Chesterfield will follow them as runners up.

• Barnet look set to climb with them in 3rd spot unless they lose, and either Newport or Fleetwood can win and overturn a +17/18 goal difference.

• Newport and Fleetwood are guaranteed the top 2 play off spots, their main battle comes in who finishes 3rd.

• Tranmere and Aldershot have the remaining play off spots in their hands but Mansfield will look to drag one of them out.

• Oxford are already relegated, whereas Burton look likely to follow them unless they can win and see either AFC or Exeter lose whilst turning around a +6/8 goal difference.

• Jones of Wycombe will battle it out with Fleetwood's Bakenga for the Golden Boot. Jones has 24, Bakenga has 22.

Division 5:

• Cambridge are the Champions with the highest points total in the Game World - 108.

• Lincoln, Alfreton and Ebbsfleet have their play off places confirmed, there may still be a reshuffle in the bracket, though.

• Macclesfield and Nuneaton will battle it out for the other play off spot.

• The battle for Golden Boot is the widest in the Game World. Alfreton currently have the two top scorers in Cornet and Hrgota (each with 22). Kuqi, who has 20 goals, is sidelined and so will be ineligible to compete so the remaining hopes lie in Cheltenham's Kachunga who has 19.

Good luck to all 92 clubs!

Good stuff mate, repped! Still some important things to decide in this last round. Cheers.

With the season coming to a close, I thought it would be a good time for people to vote for their Manager Of The Season.

Okay, so the season's not quite over yet but the votes should reflect an entire season of good management so now seems a good time to start taking them in.

Just Private Message me your top managers from each of the 5 Divisions and I'll start adding up the numbers to leave us with each Division's Manager Of The Season.

Then, with a public vote, people can vote between the five managers for EC28697's Manager Of The Season.

Hopefully, with as many as 116 managers occupying this GW, we can gather lots of votes as it won't take long to look through tables/squads to pick your favourites.

If you want to add any reasoning for your votes this would also be appreciated but not necessary, it'll just aid the final post where I can name every manager who got a vote and hopefully why.

Good luck to all and let's hope we can get plenty of votes in!

Thanks to Cam for the first votes. Just to help kickstart things and so they are not kept to myself, here are my personal votes:

Div 1: Jake Colling (Watford) - After promotion from Division 2 last season, Watford have been competing in the top half of the table despite having a small squad with far fewer stars in than many of their rivals.

Div 2: Joseba Zilarte (Bristol City) - Securing successive promotions, Bristol City will be in the Premier League next season. It's been a great job from the manager to make it happen, who has brought in the likes of Tevez and Valdes.

Div 3: Secasiu Calin-Mihai (Carlisle United) - Carlisle have won promotion with a game to spare and are one win away from guaranteeing the title. They don't have the Division's strongest squad but SC-M has brought in some good players who have adapted well to his style of play.

Div 4: Hossam Ali (Chesterfield) - It was tricky to pick my top manager from my Division, there have been so many candidates that I know of well due to competing against. However, Chesterfield have been in the automatics for pretty much the entire season and have secured 2nd place. Remaining consistent without big drops in form is the sign of a great manager.

Div 5: Dan Malone (Cambridge United) - Currently on 108 points and 139 goals scored, Dan's Cambridge have been untouchable and unstoppable. Dan left a couple of weeks ago but all of their success in the league and transfer market can be credited to him. I'll assume any votes I receive for Cambridge are for Dan as opposed to the new manager who is still doing a great job but has only been in charge for 7 games.

Stuart Pearce earned a draw with Manchester United against Tottenham Hotspur.

The match ended 3 - 3 between Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur in a thrilling Division 1 encounter.

özil, Agüero and Kompany were amongst the goalscorers.

did have the ball in the net 4 times but unfortunately the one goal was ruled offside.

finished the season in third place behind chelsea and tottenham and managed to win the english championship cup this season so a pretty decent season overall and certainly going to try and push for a higher finish next season, just gotta find a formation that works against the dreaded 3-5-2 playmaker that both tottenham and chelsea have used to great effect this season

Stuart Pearce earned a draw with Manchester United against Tottenham Hotspur.

The match ended 3 - 3 between Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur in a thrilling Division 1 encounter.

özil' date=' Agüero and Kompany were amongst the goalscorers.

did have the ball in the net 4 times but unfortunately the one goal was ruled offside.

finished the season in third place behind chelsea and tottenham and managed to win the english championship cup this season so a pretty decent season overall and certainly going to try and push for a higher finish next season, just gotta find a formation that works against the dreaded 3-5-2 playmaker that both tottenham and chelsea have used to great effect this season[/quote']

Play down the wings and you will dominate more times than not ;)

I will be quitting Sheffield United.

Two great seasons with them but after 102 games, I think it's time to move on.

Leaving a good squad with the likes of Smalling, Januzaj, Rojo, Bony, and Pardo.

They also have 6.6M so they are in the green.

Best of luck to whoever takes them over. :)

Anyone knows what happens when I end with 18 players and less than 0 budget ?

How do you think I feel in D5.

Marouane Chamakh - 8 games' date=' 11 goals!

B):D[/quote']

I knew I should have got him instead of Mbokani

Top managers for me would be

I am actually giving my counting votes to the champions of every division but my personal votes would be

Div 1: Richard (Southampton)

Div 2: Joseba (Bristol City)

Div 3:Steve (Brentford)

Div 4: Adrinao (Wycombe Wanderers) , Didn't want to vote for myself so I went with the 2nd man :rolleyes: Nah sadly he was the better manager we couldn't even get a single point against him in two matches

Div 5: Indra (Cambridge United) You are just lucky that I was promoted and not staying in div 4 to beat you :P

I've just recently came back to SM and have taken over Wrexham in this gameworld. I forgot my old forum profile, but somehow managed to remember my second forum account. :rolleyes:

Anyways, I imagine i'll be posting here frequently and i'm already looking forward to the challenge that awaits next season!!

Best guess would be your chairman brings in players to bring you up to 21. You should receive compensation for the retiring players though? Or did they stop that?

I hope they do so but anyway what is the worst thing they can do pfft fire me ? :rolleyes:

They can't do that ' date=' right ? :eek:

I've just recently came back to SM and have taken over Wrexham in this gameworld. I forgot my old forum profile, but somehow managed to remember my second forum account. :rolleyes:

Anyways, I imagine i'll be posting here frequently and i'm already looking forward to the challenge that awaits next season!!

Welcome back

Top managers for me would be

I am actually giving my counting votes to the champions of every division but my personal votes would be

Div 1: Richard (Southampton)

Div 2: Joseba (Bristol City)

Div 3:Steve (Brentford)

Div 4: Adrinao (Wycombe Wanderers) ' date=' Didn't want to vote for myself so I went with the 2nd man :rolleyes: Nah sadly he was the better manager we couldn't even get a single point against him in two matches

Div 5: Indra (Cambridge United) You are just lucky that I was promoted and not staying in div 4 to beat you :P[/quote']

A little confused, should I count your vote as these 5 managers or the 5 Champions?