English Championship 28697 Discussion Thread

Hazr

Re: English Championship 28697 Discussion Thread

Congratulations to all Promoted teams and Play Off Contenders!

Commiserations to those who have been relegated - stay strong, don't quit, bounce back and come back stronger!

You can now vote for your Manager Of The Season, simply message me your top manager/club from each of the 5 Divisions.

There will then be a public vote between the 5 managers to work out EC28697's Manager Of The Season overall.

I currently have four sets of votes in and its already looking like there will be some interesting battles, particularly in two of the Divisions. Keep the votes coming in, for the good of the Game World! Many thanks.

Edit: Voting will close Thursday 24th April at 23:59. This is going by Greenwich Mean Time as I assume it is most common for the competitors of an English Championship.

698.png

BURNLEY

Burnley ended the season with a thriller 3-3 draw vs 3rd placed Brentford! It was an exciting match! We managed to dominate possession but we were struggling to score... Until 87'! We were loosing 3-1 and in the final 3 minutes of the match we scored two goals to reach a deserved draw! Ilicic scored the equalizer in the 89th minute! What a nice comeback for us! A very important point that allowed us to move 2 positions up in the table! We finish the season in 12th in Division 3, a nice position considering Burnley was in relegation zone when i took control less than 3 months ago and had a poor squad. We managed to improve things a lot and i'm happy with our performance. Our amazing runs of 11 matches unbeaten and 7 wins in a row were new records for this club, and our highlights of this season. Next season will certainly be better and we will fight for top6!

Regarding transfer news, we sold Ilicic to Fiorentina for 9.1M. It's a nice ammont of cash and it will allow us to bring in new players, in order to improve our quality and our depth aswell! We should keep active in the market in the next days, after the signings of Witsel, Juan Jesus and Gonçalo Paciência.

Ok, so i took some time look at all this season competitions and i decided to vote for the best managers. I tried to be fair, there are a lot of good managers that did a great job but i had to pick someone. Congratulations to all champions and promoted teams of this season!

Best Managers of the Season

Division 1: Hazr Poland (Chelsea) - A tough one, but i based my decision on their great performance in all competitions and their amazing form at the end of this season, which almost gave them Division 1 tittle. They reached the final of English Championship Shield, and they will play the final of SMFA Shield. 4th round in English Championship Cup. Another important thing, i really like their squad, amazing group of quality players.

Division 2: joseba zilarte (Bristol City) - Well, it was hard to pick anyone else after back to back promotions for Bristol City. And they even managed to be crowned champions of Division 2! Really impressive stuff. They also have some very interesting players in their squad! A word for Blackpool too, they were unlucky to not win the tittle (same points, same goal difference, and two wins over Bristol :confused:) and they had a good run in English Championship Cup.

Division 3: don danberry (Northampton Town) - They won Division 4 last season, and they enjoyed a great season in Division 3, reaching the play-offs! With some luck, they may even get back to back promotions! I also think they have a pretty good depth for a small size like them. My vote goes for them.

Division 4: Richard Sheppard (Barnet) - They come from Division 5 as champions and they immediately showed their quality in Division 4, finishing in 3rd place and getting direct promotion to Division 4. Also their squad is amazingly good for such a small team... So Richard should definitely be doing a great job and my vote goes for him. A word for Adriano's Wycombe too, who won Division 3 with authority and with a not so high rated squad.

Division 5: Dan Malone (Cambridge) - An amazing season for Cambridge, who completely dominated Division 5. 111 points and 100 GD are really impressive numbers. I think Dan did a great job with this team and he deserves the credit for this season despite not being in this setup anymore. A word for Indra who took control of Cambridge after Dan left and he's keeping the team in the right path, still undefeated!

So, this are my votes and my appreciations guys! I hope you enjoy it. Cheers!

Finished on a win 4-1 at hereford, Ji getting a first half hatty to defeat Pavetti and tajouri in the race for top scorer. Finished an impressive 9th, considering last year we finished 21st and gateshead are one of the smallest clubs possible.

9th was KING OF THE PLEBS!!! as the gap to the next place and promotion playoff chasing pack was something like 10+ points.

Next season we will take it. 300k prize money not quite enough to get us in the green so still begginf for a 2 for 1 so i can get on with business :o

Gateshead out!

Liverpool finished 14th, pathetic nothing else to say really

:o.

Congrats to Tottenham for another Division 1 title and congrats to everyone else who had success this season.

On a positive note, Thomas Muller is the SMFA player of the season.

Muller's stats (League):

Games : 30

Goals : 22

Assists : 10

MOTM : 5

Av. Performance : 8.10

Ok' date=' so i took some time look at all this season competitions and i decided to vote for the best managers. I tried to be fair, there are a lot of good managers that did a great job but i had to pick someone. Congratulations to all champions and promoted teams of this season!

[center']Best Managers of the Season

[/center]

Division 1: Hazr Poland (Chelsea) - A tough one, but i based my decision on their great performance in all competitions and their amazing form at the end of this season, which almost gave them Division 1 tittle. They reached the final of English Championship Shield, and they will play the final of SMFA Shield. 4th round in English Championship Cup. Another important thing, i really like their squad, amazing group of quality players.

Division 2: joseba zilarte (Bristol City) - Well, it was hard to pick anyone else after back to back promotions for Bristol City. And they even managed to be crowned champions of Division 2! Really impressive stuff. They also have some very interesting players in their squad! A word for Blackpool too, they were unlucky to not win the tittle (same points, same goal difference, and two wins over Bristol :confused:) and they had a good run in English Championship Cup.

Division 3: don danberry (Northampton Town) - They won Division 4 last season, and they enjoyed a great season in Division 3, reaching the play-offs! With some luck, they may even get back to back promotions! I also think they have a pretty good depth for a small size like them. My vote goes for them.

Division 4: Richard Sheppard (Barnet) - They come from Division 5 as champions and they immediately showed their quality in Division 4, finishing in 3rd place and getting direct promotion to Division 4. Also their squad is amazingly good for such a small team... So Richard should definitely be doing a great job and my vote goes for him. A word for Adriano's Wycombe too, who won Division 3 with authority and with a not so high rated squad.

Division 5: Dan Malone (Cambridge) - An amazing season for Cambridge, who completely dominated Division 5. 111 points and 100 GD are really impressive numbers. I think Dan did a great job with this team and he deserves the credit for this season despite not being in this setup anymore. A word for Indra who took control of Cambridge after Dan left and he's keeping the team in the right path, still undefeated!

So, this are my votes and my appreciations guys! I hope you enjoy it. Cheers!

Thanks for taking the time to vote and provide such detail.

Just a reminder to anyone who wishes to vote that you need to message me your choices, if you post your votes publicly on the forum I may miss it. Many thanks.

End of Season Preview

Excellent :)

With the season coming to a close' date=' I thought it would be a good time for people to vote for their Manager Of The Season.

Brilliant...will message you soon with my votes mate!

I've just recently came back to SM and have taken over Wrexham in this gameworld. I forgot my old forum profile' date=' but somehow managed to remember my second forum account. :rolleyes:

Anyways, I imagine i'll be posting here frequently and i'm already looking forward to the challenge that awaits next season!![/quote']

Welcome in :)

Aldershot Town

Have made it into the Division 4 Play-Offs.

Well after a LONG season of triumph an tribulations, the Rising Phoenix is still Officially on!

Is it possible for us to get back-to-back promotions...Na, I think not.

For the second season in-a-row, we will be competing in the highly stressful Play-off's...and again we dont go in as favorites!

Like last season, I am only really hoping to make the final..For the Big Dosh you get from playing at Wembley (Helped us traverse the divisions, an well, see what it done for Cambridge).

Fans Player of the Year, again goes to Rubén Botta, who has performed brilliantly again this season.

Good luck to everyone competing in Play-off's, it is brilliant when you win...an sickening when you lose (often on penalties :rolleyes:)

sunderland-fc-2011.jpg

Sunderland AFC

Div1

Season 1: 11th - P38 W12 D12 L14 F58 A55 GD+3 PTS48

Season 2: 16th - P38 W12 D10 L16 F65 A66 GD -1 PTS46

Dropped 2 points and 5 places showing what a tough middle to lower order it is in Div1. Need to push on in Season 3 via one or two quality acquisitions.

Great GW - congratulations to all the trophy/promotion winners.

Aldershot Town

Well after a LONG season of triumph an tribulations' date=' the [b']Rising Phoenix[/b] is still Officially on!

For the second season in-a-row, we will be competing in the highly stressful Play-off's...and again we dont go in as favorites!

Like last season, I am only really hoping to make the final..For the Big Dosh you get from playing at Wembley (Helped us traverse the divisions, an well, see what it done for Cambridge).

Fans Player of the Year, again goes to Rubén Botta, who has performed brilliantly again this season.

Good luck to everyone competing in Play-off's, it is brilliant when you win...an sickening when you lose (often on penalties :rolleyes:)

OMG i wake up and see this post and straight away throught my Mansfield had lost and didn't make it into the playoffs as i was 8th and you was 7th before the game, so i didn't bother logging into that account until now!!!

Just seen i won 1-0 due to my second half loanee sub saved me!

Proud to say i have made it into the play offs as at the start my team was like third worst team in division 4, so losing in play offs wont be to disappointing :)

Good luck everyone

Wow! Bought a 70 rated player for 8k named Steven Bennett. Just seen his report that he's convicted guilty for hitting a person with iron rod & SM is retiring him at the end of the season. 8k's gonna turn into a million or so money and that too very soon.

Yippee!!!

Wow! Bought a 70 rated player for 8k named Steven Bennett. Just seen his report that he's convicted guilty for hitting a person with iron rod & SM is retiring him at the end of the season. 8k's gonna turn into a million or so money and that too very soon.

Yippee!!!

I thought you only received compensation equal to the value of the player?

ebbsfleet-united.gif

Ebbsfleet update!

Just a quick post. I've decided I'm sadly going to have to sell Craig Noone. I'm in the red to the tune of over £1m and need to start looking at a sustainable plan so I don't plunge into the depths of financial ruin.

35612.jpg

Noone on his way out.

I've been offered £3.9m from external for him so if anyone wants the lad he's yours for £4m. He's been solid in real life this year, surprised he didn't get a +1 yet but you certainly won't be getting a dropper.

------------------------------

JOB OFFER

The Chairman of Hereford United has made you a job offer to take control of the club. If you accept this job offer then you will leave Ebbsfleet United immediately. This job offer will only be available for 5 days after it was first offered.

They finished bottom of the bottom division and my side made the play-offs. Safe to say I have zero interest in accepting this. If anyone is interested in joining the set-up send me a PM and I can reject the offer whenever is suitable.

Aldershot Town

Well after a LONG season of triumph an tribulations' date=' the [b']Rising Phoenix[/b] is still Officially on!

Best of luck for the play-offs mate, it was a great season from Aldershot!

here's my picks for the manager of the season awards(sent a pm aswell), all pretty self explanatory apart from maybe division five as i've picked all the champions of each divsion respectively, my choice for division five goes to the highest finishing manager who's been there from the start of he season as both cambridge and lincoln have had recent managerial changes

division one = ben magee (tottenham)

division two = joseba zilarte (bristol city)

division three = secasiu calin-mihai (carlise united)

division four = adriano b (wycombe w)

division five = clive moyle (alfreton town)

Already posted this to Adriano but for public interest these are the votes of the Nuneaton jury

Division 1

Watford. Faded at the end of the season , but what a performance to get 6th against the big boys

Division 2

Blackpool

An almost dead head, got to think that Bristol are too reliant on 1 player ,a fair tactic in lower divisions but will struggle in Division 1.

Division 3

Carlisle.

Nearest opponents Portsmouth almost bottled it completely as Carlisle caught and passed them.

Division 4

Wycombe.

Torn between them and Barnet, Barnet have the squad for the next division and Wycombe need to rebuild but have done so well this season.

Division 5

Alfreton

Sorry to Cambridge and Lincoln but the recent manager changes count them out, in any case Alfreton have done a better job with a much more modest budget.

Young talents Nabil Fekir from Lyon and Jorge Correa from Velez will join Burnley in the next hours! They're certain risers and may even have a great future ahead of them. Also, i really need to increase my depth so, even considering they're not very high rated, they're important signings for us!

OMG i wake up and see this post and straight away throught my Mansfield had lost and didn't make it into the playoffs as i was 8th and you was 7th before the game' date=' so i didn't bother logging into that account until now!!!

Just seen i won 1-0 due to my second half loanee sub saved me!

Proud to say i have made it into the play offs as at the start my team was like third worst team in division 4, so losing in play offs wont be to disappointing :)

Good luck everyone[/quote']

Haha :)

Great stuff Riece, an congrats..wish you well in the play-off's mate!

Best of luck for the play-offs mate' date=' it was a great season from Aldershot![/quote']

Cheer's Andre mate :)

LOL..at one point I was actually fearing relegation :eek:

A VERY turbulent season..which as ended better than I was expecting!

here's my picks for the manager of the season awards(sent a pm aswell)' date=' all pretty self explanatory apart from maybe division five as i've picked all the champions of each divsion respectively, my choice for division five goes to the highest finishing manager who's been there from the start of he season as both cambridge and lincoln have had recent managerial changes

division one = ben magee (tottenham)

division two = joseba zilarte (bristol city)

division three = secasiu calin-mihai (carlise united)

division four = adriano b (wycombe w)

division five = clive moyle (alfreton town)[/quote']

Yeah mate, I voted Mr Moyle also, for the above an like Mr Malcolm said he started with much less than most. Theyve finished better than I predicted (mid-season review) as well.

Cant wait for the results...almost like the lottery :P

Congratulations to all Promoted teams and Play Off Contenders!

Commiserations to those who have been relegated - stay strong' date=' don't quit, bounce back and come back stronger!

You can now vote for your [b']Manager Of The Season[/b], simply message me your top manager/club from each of the 5 Divisions.

There will then be a public vote between the 5 managers to work out EC28697's Manager Of The Season overall.

I currently have four sets of votes in and its already looking like there will be some interesting battles, particularly in two of the Divisions. Keep the votes coming in, for the good of the Game World! Many thanks.

Edit: Voting will close Thursday 24th April at 23:59. This is going by Greenwich Mean Time as I assume it is most common for the competitors of an English Championship.

I currently have 8 votes in, it would be great to get many more as it does not require much time to look through tables and squads to pick your favourites and it will help the Game World to bring praise to those who deserve it - not to mention help justify the time I'm spending collecting votes and eventually posting the awards ceremony.

I can tell you that every vote counts, one of the divisions is extremely closely fought at the moment by a handful of managers. Its truly fascinating to watch the tallies grow and see people giving votes to not only the Champions but also underdogs and overachievers.

Many thanks to all who have voted already!