English Championship 28697 Discussion Thread

Hazr

Re: English Championship 28697 Discussion Thread

how much Anita ?

10mil' date=' so important position wise..

With only having one team on SM i am pretty bored so decided to join back up in here as I saw a club open, seems like SMFA blocked me from joining though so have joined with an old account.

Welcome to the new Brentford boss.

Not the greatest side but no players on transfer ban is good news, having a yard sale so everyone can go.

I tell you about Cambridge, u get regrets about leaving this EC, join Brentford and then immediatly bid on all my targets :D:(:P

[MOVE]SKY SPORTS NEWS - NEWS FLASH - [/MOVE]

Brendan Rodgers new manager at Bolton.

After the sacking of Justin X, Bolton Chairman Kevin Richardson was in search for a new manager, There was many managers in line to get the job, But the manager that got the seat was Brendan Rodgers.

At the press conference Bolton chairman told us that there will be trophies next season, he then said " I am confident Brendan Rodgers can get us the trophies we want." the Bolton chairman told us.

Before Brendan Rodgers joined Bolton, he was the manager for Liverpool, he spent 2 seasons with them and won them their first league title in 24 years, can he do that again here at Bolton? we will have to wait and see for that question to be answered.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey all, I saw Bolton finished 3rd last season, I am looking forward to be beating that next season :)

Yes! Welcome back :D
Welcome back and good luck.

Cheers lads.

I tell you about Cambridge' date=' u get regrets about leaving this EC, join Brentford and then immediatly bid on all my targets :D:(:P[/quote']

I dropped myself down to just one team with the intention of quitting altogether but couldn't bring myself to quit 7046, no regrets about leaving just thought adding one more team will help keep me interested, I only bid for a couple of players if I bid against you you might as well withdraw as I have bunged the players some paper envelopes as a bonus to join the Brentford revolution.

I dropped myself down to just one team with the intention of quitting altogether but couldn't bring myself to quit 7046' date=' no regrets about leaving just thought adding one more team will help keep me interested, I only bid for a couple of players if I bid against you you might as well withdraw as I have bunged the players some paper envelopes as a bonus to join the Brentford revolution.[/quote']

Didn't know Bradford could afford envelopes, let alone bonuses and my targets on top :D

I am now preparing the post revealing all winners/nominees for Manager Of The Season. Voting is open until 23:59 (GMT)' date=' I will unfortunately miss the last couple of hours of voting, however, any late votes will be counted and additions or changes will be made before the post is released in what will be sometime in the morning (GMT).

There are some close battles and just a couple of votes could still turn the result in certain Divisions. Make sure you get your voice heard and message me your top manager from each Division inside the next 3 hours![/quote']

Looking forward to reading these, I love a good set of awards.

English Championship 28697, Manager Of The Season Awards, Season 2:

Hello and welcome to this prestigious awards ceremony where acknowledgement will be given to this popular Game World’s highest achievers and over achievers. For the past week, managers have been able to vote for their favourite managers from each of the five Divisions, the winners are to be announced today and when all is done we will have our shortlist for EC28697’s Over-all Manager Of The Season.

It’s exciting stuff.

We will tackle each Division, from bottom to top, announcing all runners up before revealing the victorious manager. So let’s kick things off with Division 5…

Division 5:

In 2nd place with four votes is…

Clive Moyle (Alfreton Town)

Moyle and his squad have become cult favourites in this voting procedure with his strong, over-achieving season not going unnoticed. Alfreton finished in third place in the league and made it into the play-offs where they unfortunately lost in the semi-final to Macclesfield. After taking charge last season, Moyle has managed to transform the fortunes of his side – signing some good, young talent along the way.

And the Division 5 Manager Of The Season with seven votes is…

Dan Malone (Cambridge United)

This was somewhat inevitable. Malone’s side have been freescoring and racking up points all season, finishing the campaign with 100+ points, goals and GD. It’s been a simply incredible campaign for Cambridge. Unfortunately, Malone left a few weeks ago but his unstoppable style and brilliant transfer business have given him the award regardless. Let’s hope he sees this and knows that his efforts have not gone unnoticed.

Congratulations to Dan Malone, the first to form the shortlist. Let’s move on now to Division 4…

Division 4:

In 3rd place with one vote is…

Hossam Ali (Chesterfield)

The runners-up in the fourth tier have had a strong and consistent season under Hossam’s dignified reign. Chesterfield spent the majority of the season in the automatic promotion places and finished the season with an impressive points tally of 89.

In 2nd place with three votes is…

Richard Sheppard (Barnet)

Third place in the league, second in the Manager Awards – Sheppard has guided his Barnet to successive promotions, providing much inspiration to those in the bottom tier. Barnet surely have the most effective transfer policy in the Game World, bringing class worthy of the Premier League to The Hive to great success on the field.

And the Division 4 Manager Of The Season with eight votes is…

Adriano Borges (Wycombe Wanderers)

Wycombe were crowned Champions of Division 4 this season.

We now move on to Division 3 where all votes were shared between two managers…

Division 3:

In 2nd place with four votes is…

Don Danberry (Northampton Town)

Even before they were promoted via the play-offs, votes were coming in for Danberry. Northampton manager since day one of 28697, Danberry has guided his club to successive promotions throughout exactly 100 games in charge. Amazingly, Northampton will be playing Division 2 football next season and the fans owe it all to Don Danberry.

And the Division 3 Manager Of The Season with seven votes is…

Secasiu Calin-Mihai (Carlisle United)

The Champions of Division 3 now officially have the top manager also. And is it any wonder why? I don’t think that at the beginning of the season anyone would have predicted Calin-Mihai’s Carlisle would be going up but with the likes of Diego and Valero shining in the middle tier, the silverware came to Brunton Park after a long-time tussle with Portsmouth ran until the final game of the season.

So Secasiu Calin-Mihai joins Dan Malone and Adriano Borges on the Shortlist. Let’s see who’ll be next, from Division 2 where the voted winner was victorious by the smallest of margins…

Division 2:

In 2nd place with five votes is…

David Crawford (Blackpool)

Division 2 itself was decided on the narrowest of margins: goals scored, as the top 2’s points and GD tally finished level. Unfortunately for Crawford, he has missed out marginally once more for M.O.T.S.. However, let this not take away from the fact that Blackpool will be playing Premier League football next season after a very successful campaign. A shout out must go to Chris Hogg as well who managed the Tangerines for much of the season before Crawford finished the job with 19 great games.

And the Division 2 Manager Of The Season with six votes is…

Joseba Zilarte (Bristol City)

If it wasn’t going to be Blackpool then it had to be their victors – Bristol City, managed from day one by Zilarte, the side have secured their second successive promotion (the fourth team to do so this season). Having brought in the likes of Valdes and Tevez, Zilarte has now twice swept the opposition aside to secure Premier League football in Season 3. And who’s to say that they can’t do it all over again against the big boys?

We now only have one Division and winner left to name and it’s from the top tier where there was the highest number of nominations…

Division 1:

Tied in 4th place with one vote are…

Stuart Pearce (Manchester United) and Tobias Armiri (Queens Park Rangers)

Tied for fourth are the Division’s 3rd and 5th placed finishers. Coming from very similar but actually quite different backgrounds last season: one a big favourite in the top flight and the other the same in the second. Pearce has revived Man Utd to return Champions League football to Old Trafford and Armiri has done fantastically well to secure a high finish in his debut season in Division One.

In 3rd place with two votes is…

Hazr Poland (Chelsea)

Another manager who has been part of EC28697 from the start, Hazr’s Chelsea finished as runners up this season and were the team who gave the eventual Champions the most threat. Hazr has built a strong team at Stamford Bridge with the best defensive partnership in the world in Pique and Thiago Silva and also, lest we forget, the best player in the world in Messi.

In 2nd place with three votes is…

Jake Colling (Watford)

Arguably the Game World’s highest over-achiever, Colling and his Watford side have finished their first season in Division 1 in 6th. They can attribute this to an impressive 18 wins across the season, which becomes even more impressive when you compare Colling’s squad to that of his competitors. Fantastic stuff.

And the Division 1 Manager Of The Season with five votes is…

Ben Magee (Tottenham Hotspur)

Champions of Season 1 and now Season 2, Magee and his Spurs are the undisputed kings of EC28697. A team of heroes at their prime including Ibrahmovic, Alonso and Rooney have contributed highly to Spurs’ second title. However, its Magee’s tactical genius that has aided the most to a season that saw his side score 91 goals in 38 games.

So there we have it, the five winners of each Division have also won Manager Of The Season for their respective divisions and together compose the shortlist for the over-all Manager Of The Season award. Congratulations to all winners and nominations, commiserations to those who missed out on any votes (there were some good seasons that unfortunately went unnoticed) and thank you to all who voted.

Voting will commence soon with an open poll; here is confirmation of the five nominees:

English Championship 28697' date=' Manager Of The Season Awards, Season 2:[/size']

Voting will commence soon with an open poll; here is confirmation of the five nominees:

ACE stuff Adriano mate! Enjoyed that :)

Congrats to the winner's! Now on to the biggy...

Thank you for all the kind comments regarding the awards, I'm glad it went down so well.

Also, thank you to everyone who voted for me. It would have been unprofessional to express my gratitude while I was still personally taking votes so this is why I'm saying it now as opposed to earlier.

English Championship 28697' date=' Manager Of The Season Awards, Season 2:[/size']

Division 5:

And the Division 5 Manager Of The Season with seven votes is…

This was somewhat inevitable. Malone’s side have been freescoring and racking up points all season, finishing the campaign with 100+ points, goals and GD. It’s been a simply incredible campaign for Cambridge. Unfortunately, Malone left a few weeks ago but his unstoppable style and brilliant transfer business have given him the award regardless. Let’s hope he sees this and knows that his efforts have not gone unnoticed.

Congratulations to Dan Malone, the first to form the shortlist. Let’s move on now to Division 4…

Great read Adriano.

Lovelyjubbly I won the D5 award, thanks for the votes, I have a feeling it might not be so easy to repeat the feat with Brentford though.

Just a gentle reminder to all that the poll for EC28697's Overall Manager Of The Season is now open. You can find it here in the Forum on the English Championships section.

The poll closes on 01/05/2014 at around 07:00 GMT. This one definitely doesn't take long to vote for as there are only five options so hopefully we'll get plenty of opinions from all over the Game World.

Just a gentle reminder to all that the poll for EC28697's Overall Manager Of The Season is now open. You can find it here in the Forum on the English Championships section.

The poll closes on 01/05/2014 at around 07:00 GMT. This one definitely doesn't take long to vote for as there are only five options so hopefully we'll get plenty of opinions from all over the Game World.

Here is the link to the Poll:

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=168747

h4956F8EB

I just want to say to that one voter I don't know who you are but I will find you and thank you :P

No problem!

Div 4: Hossam Ali (Chesterfield) - It was tricky to pick my top manager from my Division' date=' there have been so many candidates that I know of well due to competing against. However, Chesterfield have been in the automatics for pretty much the entire season and have secured 2nd place. Remaining consistent without big drops in form is the sign of a great manager.[/quote']

Nice to see my Ebbsfleet going under the radar despite our play-off heroics.

Just how I like things. Now let's hope I can creep up on the Division 4 party too. I'm like a silent ninja!

h0AFD276D

What? This is the closest picture I could find. B)

I've got a feeling that had the voting been after the play-offs, you would have gotten a lot more interest. If I do this again at the end of next season then I will likely wait until after all promotions have been confirmed to avoid this happening again.

Great season, well done.

No need.. no need ;):P
No problem!

Div 4: Hossam Ali (Chesterfield) - It was tricky to pick my top manager from my Division' date=' there have been so many candidates that I know of well due to competing against. However, Chesterfield have been in the automatics for pretty much the entire season and have secured 2nd place. Remaining consistent without big drops in form is the sign of a great manager.[/quote']

Someone in this thread is a ..... LIAR

48997218.jpg

:P

Seriously tho' date=' well done Portsmouth and well done AdrianoB, great post![/b']

p.s. 1999th post :eek:

Some men just want to see the game world burn

and to think you were close to waste your 2000th post on a penguin

Nice to see my Ebbsfleet going under the radar despite our play-off heroics.

Just how I like things. Now let's hope I can creep up on the Division 4 party too. I'm like a silent ninja!

h0AFD276D

What? This is the closest picture I could find. B)

You still need to practice more a true Ninja can't be seen B)

No sooner is manager SMH in the door and he has already started packing the bags of a few of the Brentford players, SMH who has been given permission to clear the decks by the board has moved swiftly in the transfer market to sign three quality players.

TRIPLE SWOOP

14686.jpg

The first part of the Brentford revolution are two Frenchmen coming in, firstly 89 rated Benoit Tremoulinas comes in for a part exchange with 86 rated Hakan Balta and 82 rated Cesar Ortiz, Tremoulinas is the highest rated player in the squad and will be captain for the season.

45404.jpg

Nampalys Mendy is the second addition to the squad, the 86 rated 21 yold is a favourite of manager SMH, he comes in for 88 rated Hubschman and 76 rated El Alagui, I am pleased with this signing even though we have dropped two rating points from Hubschman, Mendy is 11 years his junior and will prove to be a good trade of that I am sure.

47094.jpg

The third player coming in is not a Frehchman but he plays in France, 88 rated Idrissa Gueye, he come is on a part echange deal that sees Jermaine Jones(88) & Lucau (75) heading in the opposite direction, Gueye is a direct replacement like for like with Jones but is 8 years his junior, this helps reduce the age of the players at the club.

Plenty more new faces will be coming in to Griffin park this season so this is an exciting time for Brentford fans.