English Championship 28697 Discussion Thread

Hazr

Re: English Championship 28697 Discussion Thread

This season your Chairman expects you to finish in the top half of the table.

Seems like the chairman is not expecting much, I think we should be playoffs at worst even though the task of building this Brentford into a sustainable club were probably harder than I first imagined,I think after we sign what we can in this window we will probably move from the 75 million value mark to maybe 90 million, then the next window will be key as we will look to bulk the squad out a bit as I think we will be running a very slim squad for the next 10 weeks or so.

Things are going okay on the transfer front, we have brought in a dozen players and a few more will be added.

This season your Chairman expects you to mount a serious promotion challenge.

I expect this too. Burnley will be fighting for promotion this season!

In transfer news, we made an important signing for our midfield. Ruben Perez, 25 years old, 87 rated DM/CM, Atletico Madrid player loaned to Elche, joined us for 4.2M! It was already a great deal as his value went up to 6.2M immediately! He had a good season for Elche and hopefully he can sneak a +1 next changes. We were lacking real solutions for our midfield, bar Witsel and Sergi Roberto, so he will be a very important player for us. Now i expect to bring in 3 decent players on loan in order to give us some depth.

Good luck for this season everybody!

Wasn't active on this thread last season but I will be this season.

This season your Chairman expects you to finish in the top half of the table.

I guess after finishing 14th last season, chairman's expectations have dropped :o.

I'm happy that we won the Champions Cup last season because it means that even though we finished 14th, we still participate in the Champions Cup this season :). I expect that we'll go out in the group stages since I'm not a gold manager but it pays well.

Anyway first friendly of the season against Adriano's Wycombe yesterday, we drew 2-2, think we deserved a win looking at the stats but it's just a friendly :P

Anyone have a quality player preferrably under 23 available for cash? I'm not sure if I want to spend my cash but for the right player I might, have 15+ million to spend.

Everyone from Liverpool is available for transfer for the right offer apart from Alaba and Muller. Get in touch with me or make a bid if interested

You have one day left to vote for EC28697's Manager of the Season!

Currently we have a tie for the crown but there are also two other managers that are just 1 vote behind' date=' its going to be tight.

The open poll is here:

[url']http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=168747[/url]

Thanks for providing the link, I've voted. Great job btw :)

o9h6d1.jpg

Excellent Queens Park Rangers!

QPR-v-Charlton-QPR-players-celebrate-with-Cha_3040529.jpg?20131123182303

A brilliant promoted side, the best of all 3 promoted teams from the Championship managed to reach a top 5 position in their first season in the Premier League. The chemistry between the players worked almost to perfection and it was the most important ability of the team, which lead also to success.

But for the manager, Mr. Armiri, that is going to be his last season in charge of "The Hoops" !

"It's one of the hardest decisions that I had to take as a manager, but I think it's also the right one. I am not sure if we are going to play a better season than the last one, and everything less would be a disappointment from me, and therefore I think that the best decision I can take, is to quit as I am still in time to leave the club as a good manager who made something of the players I had available. Thank you to everyone who helped me in my staying here. I wish you all a wonderful future!."

quick question' date=' does playing in the charity shield affect your players fitness, i know i'll find out as soon as it shows up on my tactics screen but could do with knowing before hand

i'm thinking it should but just want a bit of clarification if anyone knows for sure[/quote']

yes it does. good luck.

o9h6d1.jpg

QPR-v-Charlton-QPR-players-celebrate-with-Cha_3040529.jpg?20131123182303

A brilliant promoted side' date=' the best of all 3 promoted teams from the Championship managed to reach a top 5 position in their first season in the Premier League. The chemistry between the players worked almost to perfection and it was the most important ability of the team, which lead also to success.

But for the manager, Mr. Armiri, that is going to be his last season in charge of "The Hoops" ![/center']

"It's one of the hardest decisions that I had to take as a manager, but I think it's also the right one. I am not sure if we are going to play a better season than the last one, and everything less would be a disappointment from me, and therefore I think that the best decision I can take, is to quit as I am still in time to leave the club as a good manager who made something of the players I had available. Thank you to everyone who helped me in my staying here. I wish you all a wonderful future!."

You've done a great job with QPR, your departure is a big loss to the Game World. All the best for any future ventures on Soccer Manager, though.

In just a few hours, the Manager of the Season will be confirmed. You still have time to vote and can do so here:

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=168747

- it takes no time at all to look at the five options and select your favourite, so make sure you support the Game World and have your say!

I will post the winner, along with the finishing positions of the four runners up, soon after the voting has closed.

yes it does. good luck.

thanks mate thought as much but thanks for the heads up

o9h6d1.jpg

A brilliant promoted side' date=' the best of all 3 promoted teams from the Championship managed to reach a top 5 position in their first season in the Premier League. The chemistry between the players worked almost to perfection and it was the most important ability of the team, which lead also to success.

But for the manager, Mr. Armiri, that is going to be his last season in charge of "The Hoops" ![/font']

shame to see you go always a tough game playing against your qpr

Hello, and welcome to the ceremony to name EC28697's Manager of the Season for Season 2!

Last week, nominations from each division were counted up and we had our 5 Division Winners. These 5 managers then composed the shortlist for Overall Manager of the Season which became an open poll. Thanks to all who voted, we had quite an impressive turnout of 19 voters (twice as many as the average turnout for a European Byelection), who made the process very entertaining to watch. Every manager took the lead at least one point or another and the top 2 went into the closing hours tied for the crown before a late vote came in to give it to just one.

Joining us in the front row this evening are the nominees; Magee, Zilarte, Mihai and Malone. Borges couldn't join us this evening as he's hosting some awards ceremony so filling his seat, as he does best, is substitute keeper Danny Ward.

Alright, so let's get this process started, I'll be confirming all of the runners up in ascending order before finally revealing our winner...

In 5th Place with one vote is...

Secasiu Calin-Mihai (Carlisle United, Division 3)!

Mihai collects his Golden Turnip to a roaring applause from our audience composed of the 19 voters and guys I found outside High Wycombe train station. Well done to Mihai, being named the fifth best manager in the Game World is quite an achievement and that has to be the shiniest turnip my eyes have ever seen.

In 4th Place with three votes is...

Ben Magee (Tottenham Hotspur, Division 1)!

Well, this the EC28697 MOTS award will be one trophy that Magee won't be able to add to his collection. However, he has been named the 4th best by you the people and has a Golden Spachelor to show for it. Good stuff.

In 3rd Place with four vote is...

Adriano Borges (Wycombe Wanderers, Division 4)!

Unfortunately, after a season of sitting on the bench, Danny Ward doesn't know how to get up to collect the award. So I'll just hand this Platinum Turnip to Sepp Blatter (who happened to be one of the guys I found outside High Wycombe Train Station) - I'm sure he'll look after it and- Oh. He's pawned it. Oh well...

In 2nd Place with five votes is...

Joseba Zilarte (Bristol City, Division 2)!

Well done to Mr. Zilarte who walks up to the stage with a tear in his eye while our winner celebrates in the front row. I think Zilarte's giving some sort of emotional speech but everyone's too busy watching the winner do the Charleston with the manager of Charlton - it's really quite a spectacle. Okay, sorry Mr. Zilarte, yeah that was a great speech - here's your jewel encrusted Turnip.

And now time to name our winner...

English Championship 28697's Manager of the Season for Season 2 with six votes is...

Dan Malone (Cambridge United, Division 5)!!!!

Congratulations to Dan Malone, who's hard work and impressive style in the bottom tier of 28697 has earned him the top award - the only one that isn't just a vegetable or utensil painted gold!

It's good to see that despite missing the last couple of weeks of the season, Dan Malone's efforts have not gone unnoticed and he'll be looking for repeat his successes next season in Division 3 with Brentford. Division 3, interestingly enough, will be home to three of our five candidates today, with the other two being based in Division 1 for the third season in EC28697.

Congratulations to Dan, the four runners up, all of the other nominees that didn't make the final cut and everyone for a fantastic sophomore season here in EC28697. Let's make the next one even better as we approach our one year anniversary!

Hello' date=' and welcome to the ceremony to name EC28697's Manager of the Season for Season 2![/size']

Good funny stuff mate B) Gratz to all 5 managers. It's not easy to pick a winner when all played in different divisions, different environments, it may even be unfair, but Dan Malone is certainly a good choice! Cheers.

Tomás HUBOCAN has completed his move to Blackburn Rovers from Zenit for £410,000 plus Alou DIARRA and Javier GARRIDO

Versatility is the key when your down in the lower leagues as you need to keep chaging around the players and formation so having a guy who can play anywhere across the back is always a big plus.

Mohamed DIAMÉ has completed his move to Blackburn Rovers from Barcelona in a swap deal for Modibo DIAKITÉ and Emmerson BOYCE

Name keeps popping up being linked with Liverpool and Everton so thought id take a punt on the guy. Adds some needed steel to my centre mid.

Happy with the dealings so far.

Good funny stuff mate B) Gratz to all 5 managers. It's not easy to pick a winner when all played in different divisions' date=' different environments, it may even be unfair, but Dan Malone is certainly a good choice! Cheers.[/quote']

Thanks. Yes it was quite hard for people pick a winner I assume, since we had 5 different Champions from 5 completely different Divisions. Happy to see Dan Malone win though, its certainly an inspiration for any other managers in Division 5 and it was good to see the lower divisions not get ignored when voting. However, I am surprised that I was the only one to vote for the Carlisle manager!

Great stuff

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it.

Division 3, interestingly enough, will be home to three of our five candidates today

Just realised that this is not actually true, I seemed to forget that the reward for getting promoted from Division 3 isn't that you get to spend another season in Division 3. Sorry about that Carlisle manager!

And now time to name our winner...

English Championship 28697's Manager of the Season for Season 2 with six votes is...

Dan Malone (Cambridge United' date=' Division 5)!!!![/size']

Lovelyjubbly as Del Boy would say, thanks for the votes it has been emotional.

Back to the real world and Brentford are nearly ready to go, we brought in some decent players and some old duffers & Freebies to make up the numbers, squad is really thin, have another old man coming in (Biava) so that sorts the defence not just to sell Guitterez and somehow spend the money on two or three more players.

Brentford in dire need of a loan of a winger if anybody can help out the manager of the year. :)

Hello' date=' and welcome to the ceremony to name EC28697's Manager of the Season for Season 2![/size']

was going to rep but it says i need to spread first, kinda weird but anyway really good little distraction for the end of the season meaning the thread stays busy even when theres not much (in the way of results) going on

lovelyjubbly as del boy would say' date=' thanks for the votes it has been emotional.

Back to the real world and brentford are nearly ready to go, we brought in some decent players and some old duffers & freebies to make up the numbers, squad is really thin, have another old man coming in (biava) so that sorts the defence not just to sell guitterez and somehow spend the money on two or three more players.

Brentford in dire need of a loan of a winger if anybody can help out the manager of the year. :)[/quote']

speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeech :D

Division 3, Season Preview

Just a quick look at the seven favourites for promotion and the seven candidates for a relegation scrap. These findings weigh up current team values and ratings on paper.

Promotion Favourites

Fulham

Star players: Higuain, David Silva, Moutinho

Notts County

Star players: Arbeloa, Srna, Klose

Preston North End

Star players: Yilmaz, Gaitan, Bruno

Barnet

Star players: Pato, Meireles, Dost

Sheffield United

Star players: Gabi, Smalling, Bony

Rotherham United

Star players: Benat, Perisic, Pina

Stevenage

Star players: Milito, Fuchs, Pablo Hernandez

Relegation Candidates

Oldham Athletic

Star players: Casnos, Heurtaux, Adam

Chesterfield

Star players: Ambrosini, Fernandez, Mbokani

Bradford City

Star players: Batshuayi, Kurzawa, Neto

Shrewsbury Town

Star players: Gomis, A. Hernandez, Martins

Wycombe Wanderers

Star players: Schelotto, Gargano, Vargas

Rochdale

Star players: Mendes, Ghilas, Yago

Port Vale

Star players: Tomovic, Gouffran, H. Sakai

As you can see, a gulf in class between the big boys and the underdogs is evident; when you compare the likes of Higuain, David Silva, Arbeloa and Pato to what the smaller teams have to offer. There is a lot of class in the Game World's middle division but there are sure to be a few upsets and surprises along the way too.