English Championship 28697 Discussion Thread

Hazr

Re: English Championship 28697 Discussion Thread

Man City 2 (Oscar / Hazard) v Watford 0

Man City started off their quest for silverware with 3 points and a solid performance over the Watford. Oscar and Hazard on the scoresheet, both in the first half.

Great start and a much needed 3 points early on in what is anticipated to be a very competitive 1st division!

Brentford kick off the season with a 2-1 win over Charlton, man of the match Tremoulinas got us off to a good start with the opener before it was cancelled out late on by Kadlec but big Mitroglou made sure the three points were going to us with a winner in the last ten minutes.

Always nice to start the season with a win and even easier against the outdated 3-5-2.

Vamos Brentford!

Brentford kick off the season with a 2-1 win over Charlton' date=' man of the match Tremoulinas got us off to a good start with the opener before it was cancelled out late on by Kadlec but big Mitroglou made sure the three points were going to us with a winner in the last ten minutes.

Always nice to start the season with a win and even easier against the outdated 3-5-2.

Vamos Brentford![/quote']

Vamos! :D Good start mate. Sadly i could not beat the outdated 3-5-2 this time :(

Vamos! :D Good start mate. Sadly i could not beat the outdated 3-5-2 this time :(

I am a bit anti-352, I think someone needs to call Hugh Latimer in here to cleanse this place of the awful misgivings of some of the tactically inept managers who still abide by the outdated scriptures, say no to 352!

My team is avg rated 79 and I am trying to buy a keeper rated 88 but keep getting rejected anyone knows the reason ? I mean I know that all teams in div 3 are afraid of me but come on people conspiring won't stop me B)

SAINTS play first their ever match in Champions League after 2 seasons of battling to qualify

Our first XI outranks the enemy line-up by +5 per player

I'm not a "Gold Manager" so my 'assistant' must pick the team.

The result?

A 1-2 home defeat

Have you ever seen a different outcome?

Of course not. It's the lot of the pleb, freebie manager, like me, to see our hopes dashed.

But if all SMFA can offer me to become a gold manager is that I can avoid being insulted when I play in Europe, then that's a pretty puerile USP - in my opinion.

I can also have a gold shortlist that spans game worlds if I want it/pay for it.

Just give me an honest match engine, SMFA, and I'll give you my money.

Or stick a bit more advertising on each page.

European competition? A nonsense

euro game tonight so ast. manager is in charge.

Stuart Pearce steered Manchester United to victory against Athletic Club.

Manchester United beat Athletic Club 4 - 1 in their SMFA Champions Cup Group D fixture.

Reus scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Alba and Agüero were also amongst the goalscorers.

also secured the signing of a player i wanted to buy a few days ago but didn't have the funds due to buying two new fullbacks(the lad rose again by a point so it cost me a little extra unfortunately)

The offer for Sanjin PRCIĆ of Sochaux from Manchester United has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

I ask myself what have I walked into taking over Brentford?

Looking around the division three opposition there are lots of teams much better equipped with higher value and better players, I do see hope though as over 50% of teams in the division opened up with a 3-5-2 formation, you have to ask yourself has someone cloned the managers in division 3 from a pre-2000 prototype? Or have thirteen of the twenty managers all written to David Moyes for some tactical help?

I am at a bit of a loss to explain why 13 from 24 managers are using the same formation, if I had to make a guess I would probably be thinking that one of more of these factors may be the reason for it:

1)In-breeding

2)Low IQ

3)Sheep sydrome

4)Low sense of tactical nous

5)Combination mix of 1,2,3 & 4.

NewSheepAnimated200x270.gif

Anyway Vamos Brentford!

I ask myself what have I walked into taking over Brentford?

Looking around the division three opposition there are lots of teams much better equipped with higher value and better players' date=' I do see hope though as over 50% of teams in the division opened up with a 3-5-2 formation, you have to ask yourself has someone cloned the managers in division 3 from a pre-2000 prototype? Or have thirteen of the twenty managers all written to David Moyes for some tactical help?

I am at a bit of a loss to explain why 13 from 24 managers are using the same formation, if I had to make a guess I would probably be thinking that one of more of these factors may be the reason for it:

1)In-breeding

2)Low IQ

3)Sheep sydrome

4)Low sense of tactical nous

5)Combination mix of 1,2,3 & 4.

[img']http://www.dadcando.com/Making/MakingMiniHomePage/NewSheepAnimated200x270.gif[/img]

Anyway Vamos Brentford!

4-3-3 wingers, play down the flanks with a playmaker on the wing, I have found that to work well for a long time now, so has 5-4-1. 3-5-2 has its merits but isn't the easy way out it used to be.

Nice win tonight for my Burnley! We beat Bradford City 3-1 away. It was a deserved win. CB Federico Fernandez was MOTM, leading our defence well and scoring a great goal. Dries Mertens and Sergio Roberto scored the other goals. New signing Plattenhardt was inspired, providing all the assists to our 3 goals!

2 drwas to start the season, but finally after the sale of AKPAN i can make trades again.

IN

Promising young brisbane Roar chap Devante Clut for 10k

Frank Danquah 10k (been due a rise for forever now)

Bryan Pele from Lorient, got him for a good price, 40k + a 76 rated winger for a younger, 78 rated LAM, and hoping for a squeky little rise in the next few days

Hoping to offload Jenas soon, sat at 87 for a great turnover on a free agent for over 2 months still no bid and dropped -2 now.

A much better performance from Wycombe Wanderers on our second game in Division 3. Missing a few key players, we still managed to score 2 and concede 0 against an impressive Leyton Orient squad. Durm and Dentinho got the goals, their first for the club, and Caballero made a fantastic debut in goal.

Hancock (Forum) steered Liverpool to victory against Swansea City.

Liverpool outclassed Swansea City and beat them 2 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.

Griezmann scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Moreno was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Good result to start the season. Two players sent off for us though - Chiellini and Griezmann :o, both got sent off in the last 10 minutes.

New signing as well for us:

Maxime LESTIENNE has completed his move to Liverpool from Preston North End for 8,500,000

Really happy to get Lestienne, he's a very good talent and I didn't have to give too much to get him. The money from Champions Cup last season is being put to good use ;)

Northampton_Town_FC_logo.png

New Northampton For Division 2

4530.jpg

(87)

41203.jpg-4368.jpg-4603.jpg

(88)------------------(90)------------------(89)

9130.jpg-45730.jpg-2407.jpg-43604.jpg

(90)------------------(87)-----------------(90)-----------------(88)

44009.jpg-55114.jpg

(89)-------------------(87)

18297.jpg

(89)

Average Rating: 89

Average Age: 26

Average Value: £8.3mil

Key Subs:

N.Clyne -- RB/LB -- 87

S.Bell -- CB -- 84

C.Gil -- LM/RM -- 85

R.Silva -- AM --84

J.Drmic -- ST -- 87

Total Value Now: £118.6mil

Original Total Value: £10.9mil

+£107.7mil

Average Rating Now: 86 (damn you Giesslman, 88 If left out)

Original Avg. Rating: 75

+11

It's all going swimmingly for Northampton, we sold an 87 keeper, bought his clone for half Elana's sale price and used leftover funds from other sales to buy Mario Fernandes, a much needed young CB. Furthermore, the acquisition of Firmino, who IRL just made the Bundesliga team of the season for 10million, shows that Northampton are now big enough to tempt real talent to their ranks. Our other Bundesliga talent are thriving aswell, with Maxim getting the most assists from set pieces in the entire Bundesliga, Drmic, the league's joint 3rd top goal-scorer, soon to join Leverkusen and S.Bell getting more and more first team minutes at Mainz; a heavy rise is due methinks and I believe we have the calibre and depth now to stay up.

Man. City got a well earned point at the home of the champions Spurs. A game were City controlled possession and had more shots ended in a goalless draw and a point a piece for two teams that aim to be challenging for honors this season.