English Championship 28697 Discussion Thread

Hazr

Re: English Championship 28697 Discussion Thread

Thanks mate' date=' the ladder just didn't have the clear lines so just wanted to ask for clarity.

Look forward to facing Brentford in the upcoming weeks then :P

Btw does anyone have a 86+ keeper they can loan to my side Doncaster?[/quote']

No worries bud and I look forward to it, you have a half decent team, it is the 5th highest value in the division so there is lots to work with once the tb's come off, with less than a third of the season gone there is plenty time for you to turn Donny into a contender.

Burnley beat Brentford 2 - 1 in their Division 3 fixture.

Roberto scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Pérez was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Great win for my Burnley tonight vs a team that is performing amazingly this season, and that has a one of the best managers around in SMH aka Dan Malone. A draw would have put Brentford leading Division 3! It could have happened, but a late goal from Ruben Perez gave us the win! It was a tough match, we were 1-0 down, but we tried to score all match, and with a lot of work and some luck we managed to turn the game around in the last 20 minutes. I think it's a deserved win, because we were a bit stronger than our opponent tonight. Our captain Pepe was huge for us tonight, leading the team very well, and keeping Brentford's attackers quiet. Sergi Roberto, Witsel and Ruben Perez played very well too, dominating the operations in the middle of the park. We're now only 1 point behind play-off zone, and 6 points behind 1st place. If we manage to perform like tonight in next matches, there's no reason for us to not reach top 6 or better soon.

After going 1-0 up in the first half Brentford succumb to the late fightback of Burnely' date=' two goals in the last twenty minutes gives teh away side the win, it was a good game, no complaints well done mate.[/quote']

Thanks mate, great game. I'm a sadistic person, i used your favourite (NOT!) tactic against you :P 3-5-2 worked very well, eheh B) It was also the best way to put in my best line-up, a pretty strong one i should say. I'm sure your Brentford will fight for top positions until the end of the season. Promotion will happen hopefully. Amazing job with them, and you will get much stronger soon i'm sure. Cheers!

Great win for my Burnley tonight vs a team that is performing amazingly this season' date=' and that has a one of the best managers around in SMH aka Dan Malone. A draw would have put Brentford leading Division 3! It could have happened, but a late goal from Ruben Perez gave us the win! It was a tough match, we were 1-0 down, but we tried to score all match, and with a lot of work and some luck we managed to turn the game around in the last 20 minutes. I think it's a deserved win, because we were a bit stronger than our opponent tonight. Our captain [b']Pepe [/b]was huge for us tonight, leading the team very well, and keeping Brentford's attackers quiet. Sergi Roberto, Witsel and Ruben Perez played very well too, dominating the operations in the middle of the park. We're now only 1 point behind play-off zone, and 6 points behind 1st place. If we manage to perform like tonight in next matches, there's no reason for us to not reach top 6 or better soon.

Thanks mate, great game. I'm a sadistic person, i used your favourite (NOT!) tactic against you :P 3-5-2 worked very well, eheh B) It was also the best way to put in my best line-up, a pretty strong one i should say. I'm sure your Brentford will fight for top positions until the end of the season. Promotion will happen hopefully. Amazing job with them, and you will get much stronger soon i'm sure. Cheers!

Haha yeah I noticed you changed to the 3-5-2, I don't hate it I just think it is a false formation on SM as the percentage of wins it gains is way off base, any mug can win with it so I decide to steer clear of it, I think if I played 3-5-2 for the next 10 games I would win 70+% of them with the addition of an odd arrow and slight tactical change as SM is too kind to the 3-5-2 managers yet if yo know you are playing against it the formation is not that easy to counter.

Anyway as I said no complaints about the defeat as you played well, on another day it would have been all square.

Can't wait util the next 9 games are done as we can change things up a bit and hopefully strengthen a tad.

Disappointed that we now have 4 unmanaged teams in our division, hopefully this is not a sign of things to come, with a bit of luck we will hopefully get them filled soon as thing I dislike worse than playing against 3-5-2 every turn is playing against unmanaged often.

Haha yeah I noticed you changed to the 3-5-2' date=' I don't hate it I just think it is a false formation on SM as the percentage of wins it gains is way off base, any mug can win with it so I decide to steer clear of it, I think if I played 3-5-2 for the next 10 games I would win 70+% of them with the addition of an odd arrow and slight tactical change as SM is too kind to the 3-5-2 managers yet if yo know you are playing against it the formation is not that easy to counter. [/quote']

I change formation regularly. 3-5-2 is a formation that works well against a good number of formations, but it's also easy to counter it imo. I do like to play vs 3-5-2 because i manage to win most of the times B)

Anyway as I said no complaints about the defeat as you played well' date=' on another day it would have been all square.[/quote']

Thanks mate :D

Can't wait util the next 9 games are done as we can change things up a bit and hopefully strengthen a tad.

Indeed' date=' i'm sure your team will get stronger, and it may be very important to keep pushing for promotion in the late stages of the season.

Disappointed that we now have 4 unmanaged teams in our division, hopefully this is not a sign of things to come, with a bit of luck we will hopefully get them filled soon as thing I dislike worse than playing against 3-5-2 every turn is playing against unmanaged often.

Indeed. I hope those teams get a manager soon. This is a great competitive setup and needs to keep that way!

Sorry guys, I will have to step aside as my own custom Game worlds are taking up a lot of my time as are my new ideas I have in the pipeline, plus personal issues have also come to a head. I will see many of you around in other set ups. Good luck.

I have decided to try a new formation for tonight's game against Shrewsbury, we are using the 4-2-4, a few arrows will should give us an attacking option that uses as much width as the pitch can give us, this might be slightly risky but I have a good feeling with it.

Unbelievable stuff, we pretty much maul Shrewsbury but lose 2-0, .

Not sure how this happened, they had 2 shots on target from 5 and we had 10 on target from 15, Shrewsbury keeper gets man of the match.

Disappointed with the result, but that is football, good game.

Burnley slumped to a 3 - 1 defeat to Barnet in their Division 3 fixture.

Bacca was on the scoresheet for his side.

It was a balanced match, Barnet was slightly stronger, so well done and gratz for the win.

What is really worrying me now is the counter formations thing. Looks like they changed the match engine, and things are pretty different now... I have been noticing in my last matches that some tactics that usually dominated others, are now being dominated... As example, 4-2-3-1 beats 3-5-2 almost all time for me. However, in last days/weeks i always lost this way (a good number of matches in different setups, there's definitely a new pattern). Now this will be a gamble game until i actually have some tips about the new tactic system... Disappointing :confused:

Doncaster Rovers first Glory Days signing, keeper Benoit Costil

costil_zpsf8f082b7.jpg

After struggling with the old keeper Carrizo, Rovers have finally found got their man Benoit Costil.

The 26 year old has had a solid campaign with Rennes in the French League in real life and in order to build a solid side, we need a good keeper and that's just what we have.

Riferimento: English Championship 28697 Discussion Thread

MAREK IS THE NEW MANAGER OF ARSENAL

logoArsenal.png

After two great season with Norwich City (English Championship Cup won in Season 1 and Charity Shield won in Season 2), Marek signed for Arsenal.

"I'm very happy for my new adventure. I'll try to improve the team, but it's not easy because Matt72 did a great job here. Good luck to Norwich City, hope it'll be taken by a great manager."

A SPECIAL THANKS TO NORTHAMPTON TOWN'S MANAGER. :)

Re: Riferimento: English Championship 28697 Discussion Thread

MAREK IS THE NEW MANAGER OF ARSENAL

logoArsenal.png

After two great season with Norwich City (English Championship Cup won in Season 1 and Charity Shield won in Season 2)' date=' Marek signed for Arsenal.

[i']"I'm very happy for my new adventure. I'll try to improve the team, but it's not easy because Matt72 did a great job here. Good luck to Norwich City, hope it'll be taken by a great manager."[/i]

A SPECIAL THANKS TO NORTHAMPTON TOWN'S MANAGER. :)

LOL I got your club on job offer LOL

In alarming news for Brentford fans manager SMH has been poached by league rivals Rotherham United with immediate affect.

SMH ~After 18 games as manager of Brentford the chance to manage Rotherham came up and with no hesitation I have decided to become the new manager, the project at Brentford was fun but I have a soft spot for Rotherham and even though they are lower down the table, I feel like I will enjoy the job there a lot more and get them up to the Championship at least.

Thanks Geoffrey.