English Championship 28697 Discussion Thread

Hazr

Re: English Championship 28697 Discussion Thread

Would appreciate it if Macclesfield, Telford and Kidderminster coudl stop winning so that I could win D5 in peace, sell off the entire side and service the 11M debt we have racked up by not stripping out the squad mid season.

In all seriousness, the main rivals have stunning records in the last 6, and I will be lucky if I am promoted with 5 to go. If for any reason we explode I will sell off the side with 4 to go and put together 2 identical play off teams.

Good luck

Newport-County-icon.png

A new era begins for Newport County !

Just one day before the end of the Transfer Window, Newport County finally find their new manager. The Chairman Les Scadding decided to appoint the well known Tobias Armiri as the clubs new manager. The Albanian-German manager decided to take almost a year off and now is back in English Football, although not as Queens Park Rangers manager anymore, but now starting once again from the bottom.

article-1317728-0B7A19D9000005DC-861_468x286.jpg

I am very happy to be here today, joining such a small and ambitious club. I appreciate the faith that Mr. Scadding had towards me and I hope I can live the expectations. I still don't know the team very well but I assure all the players that each one of them will get the chance to prove himself.

With 5 matches left, Newport County are sitting 9th in the table, with only 3 points behind of Swindon Town and Rotherham United who occupy the last promotion spots.

Stuart Pearce was unable to prevent a Manchester United defeat to fierce rivals Liverpool.

Manchester United slumped to a 1 - 0 defeat against Liverpool in their Division 1 fixture.

this is getting frustrating as ....

luckily still got a decent lead on 2nd but dunno how long thats going to last as in the last 4 games ive been beaten 3 times and drawn once.

Stuart Pearce was unable to prevent a Manchester United defeat to fierce rivals Liverpool.

Manchester United slumped to a 1 - 0 defeat against Liverpool in their Division 1 fixture.

this is getting frustrating as ....

luckily still got a decent lead on 2nd but dunno how long thats going to last as in the last 4 games ive been beaten 3 times and drawn once.

seems to happen far too many times for it to be a coincidence.

SM just trying to make it interesting until the end of the season , instead of letting you win it with 6 games to go.

no need to worry, you had it won weeks ago, I think everyone knows that RAZ'S team are div 1 champions this season.

With only a handful of games remaining, the third season of EC28697 is drawing to a close. And the great news is that this remains one of the most popular game worlds in the forum.

After last season generated enough interest to deserve an encore, the Manager Of The Season Awards will return. Voting will open after the final league matches of the season have been played - giving people the option of having their votes influenced by the play-offs or not.

I'm posting this in advance so that people can consider managers from across the divisions for their respective awards.

In the meantime, a look at where last season's winners are now...

Dan Malone (Division 5 and Game World manager of the Season)

No longer a part of the Game World, unfortunately, Dan will not be able to defend his title. His old club Cambridge are currently 2nd in Division 4 though and look set for successive promotions. The new manager could be a strong candidate.

Ben Magee (Division 1 manager of the season)

Spurs have slipped into mid-table obscurity this season. However, Ben's side did reach the final of the English Shield.

Joseba Zilarte (Division 2 manager of the season)

After successive promotions to the Premier League, Bristol City are currently 10th and without doubt will be staying up - they could even make the Europa League.

Secasiu Calin-Mihai (Divison 3 manager of the season)

Just lingering outside of the play-offs, Secasiu's success has continued - a top 6 finish would make him a major candidate for another award.

Borges (Division 4 manager of the season)

Currently third in Division 3; the team is in the mix for a play-off place.

I am looking to get into this setup because it looks good and is fairly active. I wouldn't mind someone inviting me to take over a team or tell me that a team is available.

My name is Jim Garvock in the game.

5 clubs currently on offer, I'm sure they wont all be taken, i'll offer one to you when I see one free.

BRILLIANT BREWERS

Trav1 & his Burton Albion team continued with their impressive start under the new gaffer with a 6-0 victory over Oxford.

This brilliant display was following the 3-1 victory over Macclesfield Town.

The Brewers really are ready for this late promotion push!

Time To Build

Trav1 tonight witnessed his side defeated during a tough away fixture to Tamworth which is likely to signal the end to a potential promotion push.

Tamworth came away with a 2-1 victory in a action packed game.

Trav1 commented on Tamworths GK as being the key to success during tonight's fixture & maybe the tough schedule & quick turn around of fixtures has hindered the brewers.

Focuses now for Burton are set on a strong finish to season & preparation for the new season.

Stuart Pearce steered Manchester United to victory against fierce rivals Chelsea.

Manchester United beat Chelsea 4 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.

Fàbregas scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Agüero and özil were also amongst the goalscorers.

finally back to winning ways after a dreadful run of form.

And finally, he agrees to talk to the press, here is what he had to say;

"have been shy to express my gratitude, am now here and what concerns me is all here, we are now off the hook (relegation battle), but am sure AFC wimbledon will be there for promotion come next season, we've had a few come-in's in the form of Kara, Frei, Allan, and sane. we hope to acquire, fofana and schone, in a few days"

asked about the team statistics, he responded;

"we not yet there, we've lost just one since i came in, and just watch-out for the remaining 6. next season we'll have a target, to get in the play-offs"

WeLcOmE tO AFC Wimbledon Manager Shyne

Fulham moved 10 points clear in Division 3 last night and 14 clear of automatic promotion with 6 games left to play.

Funny at the start of the season when someone predicted Division 3 they didn't even give Fulham a play-off chance.

Our 2-1 win over 3rd place Wycombe was surprising as we fielded a weak 2nd team.