English Championship 28697 Discussion Thread

Hazr

Re: English Championship 28697 Discussion Thread

Burnley outclassed Swindon Town and beat them 2 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.

Witsel scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Cerci was also on the scoresheet for his side.

There's still hope for Burnley! :D We jumped to 7th, now only 2 points from 6th Rotherham, 3 points from 5th Swindon, and 4 points from 4th Leyton. Doncaster and Preston came 8th and 9th with the same amount of points we have. It will be a huge fight for a play-off place until the last match! Two matches to play, still 6 points to win. We will play both matches at home, which can be important. Hopefully we will win our next match and erverything will be decided in the last match of the season! Let's go Burnley, we can still make it! This will be exciting!

Albion slumped to a 3-0 defeat against a tough Gateshead outfit.

Unfortunately the defeat seems to signal the end to the season for Albion after a positive last minute push for promotion.

With 2 games remaining & 6 points separating Albion from the final play off spot, trav1 has set his sights to preparing for next season, where promotion is surely the aim!

Fulham with no win in 3 games are crowned Champions of Division 3 :P

Look forward to being back in Division 2 now next season with a chance to give it a good go as many will remember I joined Fulham when the writing was almost on the wall for them to be relegated so we are back at the first attempt.

Norwich City came from behind to keep their hopes of survival in Division 1 alive.

The Canaries found themselves two goals down before a 70th minute strike from Fernando Torres and a 82nd minute goal from Anderson Hernanes took the relegation scrap to the final game of the season.

Norwich City's new boss has taken 4 points from his only two games in charge and gave the side some hope of survival... Even if it against the odds its still hope.

They face Arsenal at home in their final game of the season.

Burton Albion suffered a 1-0 defeat to Chester.

Albion despite having numerous chances could not break down a tough organised Chester defence.

With one league fixture remaining, it is likely Trav1 will experiment with his side & tactics for the final league game vs Luton.

Trav1 stated that the preparation for next season has already started & is setting his sights for promotion.

The match ended 2 - 2 between Burnley and Stevenage in their Division 3 fixture.

Cerci scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Tankovic was also on the scoresheet for his side.

lol, so sick... :( a last minute goal from relegated and unmanaged Stevenage ruined our chances of promotion. crap :mad: It's really disappoiting. Anyway, good luck for the last match of the season and for the play-offs fellas. I think we will try again next season. Cheers!

BRADFORD CITY avoid relegation :)

Gratz pal.

Tranmere Rovers promoted to the 3th Division!

Needing a win to be sure to get promoted the Tranmere team rampaged the goal of York City, over 25 shots on goal against 5 still it turned out to be a dissapointing 1-1 which meaned that a win for Fleetwood would get them promoted thankfully for us they didn't.

Although dissapointed that we couldn't finish it off in style against a weaker team with only unfit players we are thrilled to be promoted, next year will be a real struggle to stay in, but we are gonna try our best!

to all teams in D4 that go for playoffs, good luck!

Can't believe my Wycombe Wanderers have finished 2nd in Division 3 to secure back-to-back promotions - we were lingering in mid-table for most of the season until a great patch of form shot us up the standings.

Commiserations to Leeds though, who have been near the top for most of the season but will now have to settle for the play-offs.

Good luck to all play-off contenders and congrats to all who have been promoted or beaten the drop.

I can't wait for next season!

competition-icon.jpg

Stuart Pearce steered Manchester United to victory against Tottenham Hotspur.

Manchester United beat Tottenham Hotspur 3 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.

Fàbregas scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Alba was also on the scoresheet for his side.

recieved all the "confirmation" messages tonight for winning the league etc

including picking up.

3513.jpg

After a prolific season for Manchester United, Sergio AGÜERO is awarded the SMFA Golden Boot.

for scoring 25 (league) goals in 36 apps

19.jpg

After a fantastic season with Manchester United, Cesc FÀBREGAS is awarded the SMFA Player of the season.

with an average performance rating

of 8.08 over 37 appearances

finished the league with a 16point difference and received just over 4mil in prize money, still got one game left(although its my asst. in charge) against chelski in the champions cup ,so possibly more silverware but not holding out

other players worth a mention from my squad has gotta be m'baye niang

who's spent 36 games out on loan to afc telford and in that time racked up a pretty impressive 32 goals, 13 assits and 17 m.o.m's

Chester lost 2-0 at home to Hyde in our final game of the season.We ended up second bottom but I'm pleased with the performances since I took charge.Congratulations to all the winners this season and hard luck to the relegated sides,hope you have a better season next time out.Good luck also to all the play off contenders.

Congratulations to all those promoted and good luck to those in the play offs.

DERBY have had a great season, finishing 2nd in div 1 with only 6 defeats and after starting the season hoping to avoid relegation, it has been a pleasant surprise.

I am going to go out on a high as I feel I cant improve the side enough to be able to challenge for the title, hopefully someone else can change the squad for the better, there will be 13m available after season ticket sales, so I hope someone decent takes them on and enjoys them.

Norwich City throw away a two goal lead and cannot escape the drop.

After a dramatic final day it is now confirmed that Norwich City have been relegated into Division Two. Manager Jamie Buckingham vows to bounce straight back up into the big time.

Congratulations to everyone who were promoted this season and who have won their leagues. To the teams that were relegated... I feel your pain:(

First win in my third game with Braintree Town.We beat Oxford with 0-1(B.Marshall) even we was playing 70 minutes with 10 players.Finished the season 18th with 51 points in 46 games(4 points in 3 games since I'm their manager).Made a lot of transfers:

IN:

-Grant Leadbitter(Free agent)

-Billy Sharp(Stade de Reims)

-Ben Marshall(Free agent)

-John Brayford(Athletic)

-Charlie Taylor(Roma)

-Lewis Grabban(Anderlecht)

and the newest player Shaun Hutchinson(Motherwell)

OUT:

-Carlos Delgago(CD Leganes,4.4M)

-Semen Fedotov(Lokomotiv Moskva,1.1M)

-Michael Tidser(Dunfremline,0.884k)

-Evgeni Starikov(Zenit,3M)

-Andreas Rossl,Bayern Munich II,0,140k)

-Momar Bangoura(Marseille,0.655k)

-Bruno Henrique(Corinthians,4.4M)

Still 1 foreign player who will leave after his transfer ban finish

Preston finished in 10th place with 73 points. Another really inconsistent season, we will need to fix that if we want to achieve promotion next season.

Hopefully we will have some arrival soon after the Recent departures of Bruno, Consigli, and Soriano.

Burnleybeat Chesterfield 3 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.

Ruffier had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Carrillo, Fekir and Cerci were amongst the goalscorers.

Burnley have finished 7th in Division 3.

A nice but unglorious win to finish the season, it's the confirmation that if we had beat Stevenage (one of the worst teams in the Division, unmanaged, relegated and unfit) in the previous match, we would be 5th and figh for promotion in the play-offs. Unfortunately a last minute goal in that match ruined our chances. But there were other matches where we clearly deserved to win and it just did not happen... We need to move on though, forget how close we were, and try harder next season. We have what it takes to.