English Championship 28697 Discussion Thread

Hazr

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: New English Championship

Glad to have so many great managers interested, this smells like success already! ;)

Sounds like a good idea - I'm certainly interested in a public EC rather than a Custom.

I've started a thread suggesting the forthcoming EC 28888 as a target world to aim for - though we're some 200 numbers away from it at present.

Please add me to the list of interested managers when you decide which GW to launch. (ps can I have Leeds?)

Do you know how quickly the numbers are progressing? 28888 seems a good number' date=' but I don't want to wait too long for fear of people losing interest

:P[/center']
I'm in. :D

We can wait to 30000? ;)

What are people's thought's? Should we wait till 28888, 30000, or just make it as soon as we have enough interest, regardless of the number? Nothing like a good ol' democracy ;)

Glad to have so many great managers interested' date=' this smells like success already! ;)

[i']

Do you know how quickly the numbers are progressing? 28888 seems a good number, but I don't want to wait too long for fear of people losing interest

:P

[/i]

What are people's thought's? Should we wait till 28888, 30000, or just make it as soon as we have enough interest, regardless of the number? Nothing like a good ol' democracy ;)

The number means nothing pal all about the interest! if the set-ups good the reputation of it makes the number memorable! I'd say if interest is good in mid July (3 weeks from now) it will be prime time to open the set-up everyone will be on school holiday (if there that young!) and the transfers would have started so people could have a few interesting new additions to there sides making internal transfers more appealing!

The number means nothing pal all about the interest! if the set-ups good the reputation of it makes the number memorable! I'd say if interest is good in mid July (3 weeks from now) it will be prime time to open the set-up everyone will be on school holiday (if there that young!) and the transfers would have started so people could have a few interesting new additions to there sides making internal transfers more appealing!

Yeah very true' date=' 7046 and 106 had no meaning before creation

:)

I'll talk to Raz and about when to create it and that, but Mid-July does sound good, everyone will have plenty of free time, and there's no better way to spend it than on a new EC ;)[/center']

I think the idea of aiming for a date rather than a GW number is the best approach

Mid July sounds very practical for the reasons stated in an earlier post - why not aim for Sunday July 7th and find out which is the next 5 division GW opening at that time or soon after.

The first GW we grab will see more incoming activity than the US/Mexican border

If we can get all div 1 and 2 sides managed by forumers (not speculators who leave after a week) from the outset then it will give us a fighting chance of doing something special.

I think the idea of aiming for a date rather than a GW number is the best approach

Mid July sounds very practical for the reasons stated in an earlier post - why not aim for Sunday July 7th and find out which is the next 5 division GW opening at that time or soon after.

The first GW we grab will see more incoming activity than the US/Mexican border

If we can get all div 1 and 2 sides managed by forumers (not speculators who leave after a week) from the outset then it will give us a fighting chance of doing something special.

I've spoken to Raz about it' date=' and we like this idea.

The gameworld will be purchased on the evening of Sunday 7th July, we will continue out shameful canvassing to get as many quality forumers in by that date, though if anyone has any friends that may be interested, just direct them our way ;)[/center']

Re: Riferimento: New English Championship

I'm interested :) thanks to Raz. for the invitation :)

However' date=' how it works with the clubs? Is there a risk that external people will take a club because the championships are open to all?[/quote']

That is exactly the problem mate, only way round it is to make it a custom with standard rules, only problem with that is it loses it's appeal to many, which I do not know why.

Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: New English Championship

That is exactly the problem mate' date=' only way round it is to make it a custom with standard rules only problem with that is it loses it's appeal to many, which I do not know why.[/color']

Maybe because it's look like a custom setup and not a english championship :confused:

External people will take clubs yes' date=' but like many before them they will leave very quickly, like in 106 where every big club eventually found its way into a forumers hands.[/quote']

and by then the bigger clubs will be ruined? I could see if a external manager took United he would offer good younger talent for the likes of ronaldo/messi. Would be fine if they stuck to the team, but if they leave after a week or so that would be annoying for a new manager.

I do think maybe it should be application set up for the start so the forumers could brag their teams first then open it up.....???

Customs will always create a fwe problems with offering the clubs out and will take away from the pleasure of waiting and waiting for SM to create the EC and reserve a club.If we'll have enough interest...some of us will reserve and some of us will be there to get a club when it'll become public.Most of the setup should be full then and honestly there are some external lads who are usually better then forumers,sticking and building a top club.

Re: Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: New English Championship

Maybe because it's look like a custom setup and not a english championship :confused:

Possibly. I mean I was given a set up at the turn of the year by SM and due to disappointment and demand I opened a two division EC' date=' but many quit who expressed huge interest.

Fortunately it is 80% full again, but this is just an example how custom style EC's are difficult to keep full.[/color']

and by then the bigger clubs will be ruined? I could see if a external manager took United he would offer good younger talent for the likes of ronaldo/messi. Would be fine if they stuck to the team' date=' but if they leave after a week or so that would be annoying for a new manager.

I do think maybe it should be application set up for the start so the forumers could brag their teams first then open it up.....???[/quote']

I doubt they'll be 'ruined', either way it really doesn't matter :P.

I might have a go at a custom' date=' but not another forum EC... I think they had their day to be honest.[/color']

We can make it good Longnose, believe :'(

I still remember my 10 year old days of 106 where your reports were amazing.

I might have a go at a custom' date=' but not another forum EC... I think they had their day to be honest.[/color']

Okay people, we are going to make it as an EC style custom, with standard EC rules, and SMFA turned off.

We're not sure how we will dish out clubs yet, so we will sort this out at a later date when we have more interest! :)

Archived