English Championship 28697 Discussion Thread

Hazr

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: New English Championship

We're thinking just normal 20 team divisions

:)

fair does' date=' what about doing div one 22 teams and div two 24 if its possible, just so squad rotation does actually become an issue as in the 20 team leagues you can basically use the same 11 constantly as long as theres no injuries[/font']

If you're going custom how about make it 24 teams in 2 divisions and add Celtic and Rangers? make it a British league as Swansea and Cardiff will be Welsh representatives and the two scottish representing them!

Just a suggestion!

Personally think there should be some sort of manager choice in the team selection maybe have the 40-44 managers select 1-2-3 options if there the only person to chose said team as option 1 they get them if theres say 3 people random draw between to decide! That way theres an element of choice and people will also have to decide who they want and where they risk putting them in there choices.

All managers who don't have a team after there 3 choices have been gone through are put into a hat and allocated the remaining sides!

fair does' date=' what about doing div one 22 teams and div two 24 if its possible, just so squad rotation does actually become an issue as in the 20 team leagues you can basically use the same 11 constantly as long as theres no injuries[/font']
If you're going custom how about make it 24 teams in 2 divisions and add Celtic and Rangers? make it a British league as Swansea and Cardiff will be Welsh representatives and the two scottish representing them!

Just a suggestion!

Personally think there should be some sort of manager choice in the team selection maybe have the 40-44 managers select 1-2-3 options if there the only person to chose said team as option 1 they get them if theres say 3 people random draw between to decide! That way theres an element of choice and people will also have to decide who they want and where they risk putting them in there choices.

All managers who don't have a team after there 3 choices have been gone through are put into a hat and allocated the remaining sides!

Both very decent idea's. I like them both. I'll speak to Raz in the morning' date=' and ask a few more people for their opinions, but 20+ divs will be likely

Shall I put you on the list Dan?

Regarding team allocation, I think that we will be asking everyone to PM their first choice team to me or Raz. We will then random.org each team for everyone that has applied for them. Anyone who misses out on their first choice team will go straight into the draw for all the un-requested teams :)

This is nice and simple, and will give everyone a shot at the team they want.[/center']

Both very decent idea's. I like them both. I'll speak to Raz in the morning' date=' and ask a few more people for their opinions, but 20+ divs will be likely

[b']Shall I put you on the list Dan?[/b]

Regarding team allocation, I think that we will be asking everyone to PM their first choice team to me or Raz. We will then random.org each team for everyone that has applied for them. Anyone who misses out on their first choice team will go straight into the draw for all the un-requested teams :)

This is nice and simple, and will give everyone a shot at the team they want.

definetley bud if it does end up going down the route of larger than 20 teams a div, if thats alright

but if you,raz &/or the general feeling is that a 20/20 is wanted i'll give it a miss

i think as i kinda find them a little boring/repetitive after a while because of not having to rotate etc.

I've always been interested in a British themed setup with Rangers and Celtic added to add a bit of spice and I think 4 divisions is right for a setup.

also just a thought, what about not having the usual suspects where they should be, not saying reverse the leagues totally

but maybe do a random.org on league places aswell

so any team initally selected could fall into any division.

might make it a bit more interesting, you know some start with obvious dis/advantages but all totally random

I've always been interested in a British themed setup with Rangers and Celtic added to add a bit of spice and I think 4 divisions is right for a setup.

I quite like the idea as well tbh

:P
also just a thought' date=' what about not having the usual suspects where they should be, not saying reverse the leagues totally

but maybe do a random.org on league places aswell

so any team initally selected could fall into any division.

might make it a bit more interesting, you know some start with obvious dis/advantages but all totally random

[/font']

Yeah thats a good suggestion! We'll bear all these in mind, thanks!

:D

Personally think the current order of teams should remain the same ' date=' you don't want a team such as Bournemouth in the 1st division there manager will be at a huge disadvantage to every other team in the league![/quote']

i was meaning it in respects to a two div setup, so the overall tops/bottoms is still manageable to a degree

i mean if a four is the way then possibly random them in pairs

1&2 = 3&4

but like i say probably does have more minus's than plus's if looked at closer

Personally think the current order of teams should remain the same ' date=' you don't want a team such as Bournemouth in the 1st division there manager will be at a huge disadvantage to every other team in the league![/quote']

At the moment I personally want to keep it as identical to a standard EC as possible, as that's what we set out to do, so the random teams, although a good suggestion, is very unlikely at the moment.

I do quite like the idea of incorporating Celtic and Rangers into it, and don't think that that radically departs from the standard EC, and so this, and having more than 20 teams per league, is much more likely to be worked in :)

Will let people know whats happening tomorrow (or later today, if you think of it like that) :D

Interested in this! :)

Thanks for letting me know about it Hazr and Husnain.

No problem, good FIFA games btw ! :P

Also, I think we should keep this as close to the normal EC's as possible. In fact the same! Just my opinion although the 2 Scottish team additions would be a good suggestion. A lot of interest so far so well done Hazr/Raz !

Dont really like the idea of a 2 Division gameworld as i feel for a lot of clubs there just no where to go and it can fast become boring.

I was looking to take over a club in Division 4 and work my way up as thats what i enjoy and im pretty sure Tony and Wayne will join me in that challenge. :)

Archived