English Championship 28697 Discussion Thread

Hazr

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: New English Championship

Yeh if it was 2 divisions then I wouldnt be interested. I quite like the whole idea of adding Celtic/Rangers to the party but I feel 4 divisions is best. Theres usually a lot of people saying I'm in if i can get a Prem club where as Im the opposite. I enjoy the challenge of managing a small club with a tight budget so would want a Div 4 team.

I say we all just rejoin .:British Isles:. ;)

I think a standard 5 Division is simple' date=' hard to fill but never hurts to give it a go.[/quote']

4 divisions is better, when you get down to the 5th division the clubs become a bit unattractive should someone leave them.

4 divisions and maybe with Celtic and Rangers is the way forward for me.

4 divisions is better' date=' when you get down to the 5th division the clubs become a bit unattractive should someone leave them.

4 divisions and maybe with Celtic and Rangers is the way forward for me.[/quote']

I go with this :D

Also with the new p/e values any interest in cash only EC?

I go with this :D

Also with the new p/e values any interest in cash only EC?

I think cash only is a great idea personally, part ex is a thing of the past with the new system and i think it would really make this gameworld stand out. It would also keep the internal market exciting as cash would be very valuable.

4 divisions is better' date=' when you get down to the 5th division the clubs become a bit unattractive should someone leave them.

[b']4 divisions and maybe with Celtic and Rangers is the way forward for me[/b].

so you're proposing another Custom GW then....?

If that's the ultimate outcome then I think a lot of managers will withdraw

Thanks to everyone for showing your interest, top stuff guys! :)

Dont really like the idea of a 2 Division gameworld as i feel for a lot of clubs there just no where to go and it can fast become boring.

I was looking to take over a club in Division 4 and work my way up as thats what i enjoy and im pretty sure Tony and Wayne will join me in that challenge. :)

Scottish teams seems alright but don't flip the whole leagues' date=' I think Celtic start in the Championship and Rangers in League 1.[/quote']
I think cash only is a great idea personally' date=' part ex is a thing of the past with the new system and i think it would really make this gameworld stand out. It would also keep the internal market exciting as cash would be very valuable.[/quote']

At the moment, with the amount of interest that has been generated in under 24 hours, we will be looking at carrying on recruiting and doing a regular custom 4 division EC. We will work Celtic and Rangers into this, with, like .RC suggested, Celtic starting in the championship and Rangers in League 1.

It will essentially be an EC, only reason we will do it as a custom will be to keep any random managers out and so get team selection sorted.

We're on 38 interested managers already, so all is looking well :)

Harman's - we're trying to keep it as identical to a standard EC as possible, so cash only is not going to happen. However, with the new P/E values, cash is much more important than usual anyway, so it will be different from all the other forum EC's that have been started recently.

Make it as close as like the real EC is ,please. Just turn the SMFA off.

Personally i still want the original EC to be created,not EC-style custom. Both have their weaknesses but there is no feeling that can beat the feeling of refreshing the page to get the clubs

Or you can set the settings to Private Application like how the teams given in Double D created by jkerrs. You still have the feeling of competition to get the club you want by refreshing the page but the creator also can reject if someone unfamiliar apply for clubs

Make it as close as like the real EC is ' date='please. Just turn the SMFA off.

Personally i still want the original EC to be created,not EC-style custom. Both have their weaknesses but there is no feeling that can beat the feeling of refreshing the page to get the clubs

Or you can set the settings to Private Application like how the teams given in Double D created by jkerrs. You still have the feeling of competition to get the club you want by refreshing the page but the creator also can reject if someone unfamiliar apply for clubs[/quote']

Great idea. This way, it will be so similar to an EC that the only noticeable differences will be the lack of SMFA and the name.

When we know when it is to be created, we will give a day or two's notice, so people can try to make sure that they are around at the time of creation to apply for the club they want! :)

Make it as close as like the real EC is ' date='please. Just turn the SMFA off.

Or you can set the settings to Private Application like how the teams given in Double D created by jkerrs. You still have the feeling of competition to get the club you want by refreshing the page but the creator also can reject if someone unfamiliar apply for clubs[/quote']

private applications are tedious. In one of my setups, i had around 100 applications, and it was just 20 people. constantly switching clubs... :mad:

private applications are tedious. In one of my setups' date=' i had around 100 applications, and it was just 20 people. constantly switching clubs... :mad:[/quote']

I'm sure the managers here are all experienced enough to not be switching constantly!

:)

what about the other non forum ones? If its private application' date=' they can apply too and switch clubs and annoy you as well.[/quote']

It'll only happen with Division 1 clubs probably. I doubt anyone outside forum will want to apply for Peterborough for example. I guess your setups contains only best team like Barca,City,Madrid,Juve?

It'll only happen with Division 1 clubs probably. I doubt anyone outside forum will want to apply for Peterborough for example. I guess your setups contains only best team like Barca' date='City,Madrid,Juve?[/quote']

pretty much yeah... but usually they are at the bottom divisions.

Hazr I would turn off buying from unmanaged clubs as well. Nothing worse than a club being built into something great and then the manager quits, making it easy for top clubs to buy the teams best players leaving the club in such a state that no new manager would want to manage them.

Hazr I would turn off buying from unmanaged clubs as well. Nothing worse than a club being built into something great and then the manager quits' date=' making it easy for top clubs to buy the teams best players leaving the club in such a state that no new manager would want to manage them.[/font']

eaxctly......happened to many setups, not just customs....

I'll only join if it's a Standard set up. Customs become really messy when people don't what they want and quit before the set up even starts example

Someone wants Manchester United and someone else gets them then He gets stuck with Northampton then he gets madeand quits before or early in the set up.

Archived