English Championship 28697 Discussion Thread

Hazr

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: New English Championship

pretty sure new standard's and customs play on the same nights now which would be Thurs/Sun.

If I remember exactly..if its 2 division the games will be on Thurs/Sun,if its 5 it'll be normal but we want to make it 4 divisions so automatically has to be a custom because ECs with 4 divisions don't exist anymore

I'll only join if it's a Standard set up. Customs become really messy when people don't what they want and quit before the set up even starts example

Someone wants Manchester United and someone else gets them then He gets stuck with Northampton then he gets made and quits before or early in the set up.

Id much prefer standard to custom simply so we play sat/wed. Customs tend to lead to a lot of people forgetting to set tactics etc

To be honest' date=' the main reason we didn't want to do a standard was the problems with allocation of clubs. However, looking at EC 28690, which has been sitting on the newly created EC's list for a while and has no clubs reserved, we should be able to take most of, if not all, the best clubs between us.

However, this would then mean we couldn't have a 4 division championship, because SM only do 2 div or 5 div EC's now. Does anyone know if you can choose if you want a 2 div or a 5 div? Or is it random? [/center']

If I remember exactly..if its 2 division the games will be on Thurs/Sun' date='if its 5 it'll be normal but we want to make it 4 divisions so automatically has to be a custom because ECs with 4 divisions don't exist anymore[/quote']

I'm in EC28270 which is a standard 5 division English world but the game nights are Thurs/Sun.

Unless you can choose what day you get played but either way im happy with Thurs/Sun.

I lose interest quickly and leave set-ups that have boring or static threads' date=' but if the list of forumers listed on the 1st page all join then I definately wont get bored in here :rolleyes:[/b']

You might get bored tailing behind me all the time :P:p.

I'll join either way, not really looking for a Division 5 challenge so I'd want to start in one of the first three tiers, I'd rather a standard than a custom but it's up to everyone really, I don't mind.

I'm in as well.

could anyone guide me whats going on in these 9 pages :o

just came from outside the city so feeling very tired.

In a nutshell...

A couple of the lads on the forum are lining up another forum-led gameworld to kick off on or near the 7th of July

As far as I can ascertain - there are around 40 interested managers so far, all of whom are forumers.

The general preference (at least mine is) is to aim for a Public Game World - English Championship - 5 division. I think this is the only larger option open to us as 4 div GWs are now a thing of the past

The objective is to get as many clubs (especially higher division outfits) into the hands of forumers and risk one or two of them being snaffled up by non forumers who may well move on in the early stages.

Over-riding principle is to ban internal deals from unmanaged clubs allowing them to remain intact for late entries in to the GW

The GW is intended to run for at least 700 seasons with no one leaving and clubs passed from parent to child over successive generations so that we can, once and for all, find out who is the second best manager in the world (after me).

Just a general interest question...

I'm not a Gold manager

Are Gold GWs much better than the regular open public ones that anyone can join?

It's good in the past,now it's just created too often and often lose managers before first full season. The popular one like GC 1 and GC 17 still challenging though

every e.c now comes out as a 2 division if you purchase an e.c it then becomes a 5 division as far as i know there isn't any choice along the way of buying them either

personally would prefer a standard e.c just because of the job offers element, someone quits some one else randomly gets the offer, think thats the main down fall of customs that little element not being there

also you have different sized leagues or course in a standard not a fake 20 team across the board line up

plus your not only picking from one pool if its a standard as "non forum users"will stumble across it as well filling up any empty spots

also main downfall of customs is they are owned what happens if the owner disappears or fails to be active the gameworld gets stuck in limbo, i know everyone always goes that'll never happened but i've seen it happened quite a few times for whatever reasons may be

i also think the important thing to remember is what are the gameworlds we/you are trying to emulate here, not customs, but standards i understand the thinking behind customs but has anyone ever been in a custom thats compared to any of the great e.c's i know that argument can be applied to either side of the fence as well i just think when every thing starts to get too regimented and everyones going "remember to do this remember to do that lets keep these people out because there smelly etc it just kinda detracts from the gameworld overall and also however fair a random draw is i really don't like them i'd rather be fully in control of who i pick to manage wheither that be a big team or the best from the worst available and i think that coupled with the no job offers is one of the main reasons why these kinda customs don't take off to well

so i mean if its still being discussed i still think going with a standard 5 divsion would be best and also don't think we need to wait for a special number like all 3's or something imean thats a good tag to have but if interests there then it'll be filled anyways

I won't quote you Dan but i'm 100% agree with your post. While EC-like custom seems safer option to some as big clubs won't be taken like in standard EC,i always find standard EC more exciting to play IF you wan to stay for long term. I've been in 5579 and 7046 since the beginning of the GW and despite SM downfall recently,i'll always love them and their community in general.

Some EC-like customs started brilliantly but like Dan said there's always liability when the owner absent/leave and the job offer element too

I personally want this to be standard EC 5 Divisions.

Right, the overwhelming preference seems to be a standard English Championship, which is actually what we set out to do in the first place, so its come nicely full circle.

We will aim to get it at least 50% full from the start, which means that once we have around 60 managers that have stated an interest, we shall purchase it. That means we only need 16 managers before it will open.

Me and Raz will carry on our relentless recruitment, but if anyone knows anyone who may be interested it would be very handy if you could point them this way :D

Cheers lads, looking forward to this, could be onto something special here with the guys we have involved.

if you have a way of stopping few teams stockpiling all of the talent then i am in.

I doubt any team will be able to get any amount of it with the competition but even if they do then it's everyones fault for letting it happen.

Right' date=' the overwhelming preference seems to be a standard English Championship, which is actually what we set out to do in the first place, so its come nicely full circle.

We will aim to get it at least [b']50%[/b] full from the start, which means that once we have around 60 managers that have stated an interest, we shall purchase it. That means we only need 16 managers before it will open.

Me and Raz will carry on our relentless recruitment, but if anyone knows anyone who may be interested it would be very handy if you could point them this way :D

Cheers lads, looking forward to this, could be onto something special here with the guys we have involved.

Right, god only knows how I have not seen this any sooner.

Put me down cheers.

Archived