English Championship 28697 - Match Reports,Transfer news etc.

Raz.

Re: English Championship 28697 - Match Reports,Transfer news etc.

AFCB_BANNER.png

Wes Fogden Leaves for Alfreton Town

It's was confirmed earlier today that Wes made an appointment with busy manager Ciaran McEvoy that he was not happy not being involved in Bournemouths plans, McEvoy was honest with him and told him he would not be used at all this season so if he wanted he was free to leave.

When Alfreton manager Veigas heard he was for sale he was quick to react to the situation and made the offer of 10K and gave the Attacking Midfielder a chance of first team football.

Words of Wes Fodgen :

"I'm happy to join Alfreton Town as the manager Veigas had strong words with me on his plans and he hopes to be in the higher divisions straight away and has promised me lots of game time and it was an easy decision for me, I hope to give my very best and help out the team and the managers objectives for the season"

Bournemouth and the manager wish Wes the best of luck with his new team.

354038_231x264.jpg

Goodluck Wes!

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plenty of Activity

I turned away to watch the tennis for 30 seconds and when i looked back I had 7 new messages.

Sadly, they are all from Div 1 managers telling me to get stuffed with my loan bids.

Miserable gits - may your star players put in transfer requests and your changing rooms be decorated by Brighton fans after a curry

Maurico Wants Shaw

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-WaDvXE9_rbJ1gF3xNl7VIyK9SUmDVB4irTaq7zHz7f71M4OZ

Maurico Pochettino's press conferance today revealed a number of suprising quotes for the dynamic Argentine manager. Sacked by Southampton yesterday the young boss was quickly chosen by QPR chairman Tony Fernandes to replace the out going Harry Redknapp and was revealed in front of the press today.

The first of many surprising moments of the conference came when Maurico announced in fluent English that the new assistant manager was to be Alan Shearer with former footballing legends Gary Neville (Tatical Analysis) , Phil Neville , Matt Le Tissier , David Beckham and Jimmy Bullard all taking coaching roles within the new set-up at Loftus Road. No expense was spared on the illustrious back room staff all of which have been signed on 4 year contracts along with Pochettino and huge bonuses dependent on promotions and other cup success. Maurico put the appointments down to the abilitys the coaches possesed and their eagerness to remain in the game even after their respective retirements.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTDJkLq0XwJgpDTnjohd9Rgh_FWVympIJduCJh-nH3bEfPueEOG

Bullard is said to be Maurico's man in the changing room

But that was not all QPR chairman Tony Fernandes then took over from Maurico and the wealth of new coaching staff to state QPR had tied up a £20m a year deal with Soft Drink provider Coca Cola for the next 4 seasons to provide the team with sponsorship which will be on both Home and away kits from the start of this season. Although the current deal with Air Asia had some time left to run the decision had been take in order 'to improve the clubs global image" and " to connect ourselves with a global brand who dominate there market , something we wish to do here at QPR". QPR are yet to release an image of said shirt although it will be available to buy from the club mega-store shortly before the 1st game of the season.

The press conference then moved back under Maurico's directive and yet more suprises were in store. The first of these was Maurico announcing his desire to sign Saints and England u21 left back Luke Shaw who is said to be not for sale at St Marys. As former manager of the young left back Maurico was confident when he announced talks would begin within the next week with Southampton over the young star although nothing is set to be discussed until then. However the big surprise was left to last with Maurico announcing the playing staff alongside the coaching staff would be totally over hauled. When questioned further Pochettino said that none of the current players would remain and an entire knew squad built entirely from his targets on manageable wages would be brought in. This was music to the ears of QPR fans who were said to be embarrassed under the clubs previous regiem of signing expensive mercenaries who lacked ambition and desire to play for the club. This new bread of stars down at Loftus road may not be the cheapest but Maurico's announcement spoke of players who want to play for the shirt and not for the money with a solid unit of 25 players all of who were content to rotate and play his impressive style of pressing football.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSDahm17CrsSOxr3mi5M8CtoavIyr6c5bv2MC7VOivdPmhnpta0yA

Maurico announces not even one of the current playing staff will remain

Rumours are also suggesting a big announcement to be coming out of Loftus road regarding the clubs new signings at 12AM tomorrow , were provide more news as it comes.

Hancock Takes Over The Reins At Liverpool

puertas.jpg

Liverpool FC have announced that Hancock has taken over from Brendan Rodgers and will lead the club in this upcoming season.

Liverpool manager Hancock seemed very excited but he refused to talk about his plans for the club in terms of transfers, this is what he told the official LFC Website, "Liverpool is a great club, it's a legendary club and I'm very pleased to be given the opportunity to manage this club."

"Liverpool haven't had a great time of recent but I am certain that I will take the club back to glory. As for transfers, you can expect to hear something soon but nothing now."

"I look forward to putting my own stamp onto the club and cannot wait for the new season to get started and to guide Liveprool back to greatness".

1353294492884.jpg

Images emerge of new Liverpool boss Hancock involved in incident with a train.

The football world is awash with confusion and amusement as images of new Liverpool manager Hancock have emerged, with him diverting a train away from a car. The images have also sparked confusion, is it possible that Liverpool have appointed the next best thing to Superman? The Premier League are facing calls to ban Hancock from management with QPR manager Ashh collecting signatures for a petition to ban Superheros from the Premier League. Whether Hancock will be able to divert the many shots Hull City will be taking against Liverpool this season away from goal however, is unknown.

More to follow.

This is 100% not serious.

alfr_zps35159eb8.gif

ALFRETON TOWN 0 - 2 CHARLTON ATHLETIC

Pre-Season Friendly #1

Alfreton tonight welcomed Charlton to the Impact Arena for this first pre-season friendly after the new manager was appointed.

1,294 fans turned up to watch this game. Over thousand were Alfreton fans who where hoping to see one or two faces of the players who are expected to join the club in next 24 hours.

Alfreton looked good for pretty much of the game and on the 60th minute, Tomlinson broke through the opponents defense and dinked the ball over the Charlton keeper to score. Sadly the ref blew his whistle and disallowed the goal.

Charlton then decided to wake up and on the 74th and 79th minute they scored through Wiggins and Dervite.

--------------------

Despite the score line, we didn't play too bad. We had plenty of good chances to score. So I'm not too disappointed with the performance. Things will only get better now with some new faces signing for us in the next 24 hours hopefully. We are confident the players that have been talked about today, will be playing at the Impact Arena this season.

200px-Cardiff_City_Crest.svg.png

Cardiff appoint Evans

Cardiff City have parted company with Malky Mackay and made the shock appointment of Rhys Evans.

Evans has first victory

Walsall 0-1 Cardiff City

Nicky Maynard with the goal and the man of the match award.

Transfer news to follow...

Untitled-4_zps9b55a9d3.jpg

Newcastle United played their first game under the management of 'sunnyskeg' tonight and came out easy 4-1 winners away to Cambridge.

The lads did ok tonight but they all know that they are under pressure to keep wearing the black and white shirt as we look to bring some new faces to the club

when questioned about players coming into the club all sunnyskeg would reveal is

Yes we have got our eye on a few players, the fans at this club want to win trophies and watch attacking football and hopefully we can bring in a couple of players who might be able to do just this

Notts-County-Meadow-Lane-001.jpg

Notts County confirm Basnandez as new boss

GOAL and BT claimed on Tuesday that Basnandez, was poised to finalize his move to the english club and he has now signed a two-season contract with the option of a further year after meeting the clubs majority shareholder, in New York in the last few days.

"Notts County announces that it has reached an agreement with Basnandez, who will become the head coach of the first team,'' said a statement on the club's official website. "The two season contract will be formalized and deposited in the upcoming days.''

Basnandez said: " Now I'm opening a new page. I'm proud to come into this club. I've come to win trophies.The fact I've been chosen by this club is also recognition of the training of coaches in Denmark.

"We have to build a common project. We'll all do our utmost to make the fans happy. Notts County has to get into Division 1. But when you play well, you have more chances of winning games. My playing style will be attacking."

Who's the Larky One?

Young American manager Seth Lark is understood to have taken over a modest club earlier today. However, his name was nowhere to be seen on the official registry of managers. If anything, Seth's new anonymous employers are cool.

We can confirm that Mr Seth Lark has hit the ground running at his new club. The lads he's looking to bring in are unique (read: better playing in the NFL). With his approach, our club can achieve our goal of a top half finish (if the table was inverted).

alfr_zps35159eb8.gif

Alfreton Town have finally completed the signings of the 7 players that we have being hearing about all day here at the Impact Arena.

We knew these transfers would be completed around this time, and so did a few hundred Alfreton fans who have stayed outside the Impact Arena and a nearby pub waiting for the official announcement.

Fans are especially excited about the signing of young Will Keane from English Champions Manchester United.

keanealf_zpsfe28a62d.jpg

Will Keane proudly holds his Alfreton shirt

Alfreton Town have broken their transfer record by signing Will Keane from Manchester United for £270,000.

Very happy to have finally signed for Alfreton. I knew this was the right thing to do for my career at this point as I know I will get first team football here, even though it is a massive drop in sense of divisions. Just minutes into meeting Veigas, I was impressed by his ambition to do well and take this club to the next level. He convinced me that this was the right move for me, that he has a lot of faith in me and believes I will break a lot of records for Alfreton.

Alfreton also completed the signing of Charlie LOSASSO, Wes FOGDEN, Matt TUMULTY, Tom BENDER, Dougie WILSON and Ross KILLOCK.

I'm very please that we have finally completed the signing of these players. They are a great bunch of lads with good futures ahead of them if they work hard and keep out of trouble. Will Keane is the transfer I'm most happy about as a small club your always wary if the higher status players will change their mind. I was pretty confident though after we had a chat. He is a very talented player and I know he will be breaking records for us this season and hopefully many more after that. It's been a very long day, not just for me but the board too, the players and their agents. A lot of work is still to be done as there as still a few more players that we are trying to bring in.

Chelsea splash out!

fabregas-arsenal-to-chelsea.jpg

Cesc FÀBREGAS has completed his move to Chelsea from Barcelona for £6,000,000 plus John Obi MIKEL and Victor MOSES

Top playmaker comes in to add some real class to my midfield. He will be joined by:

Claudio MARCHISIO has completed his move to Chelsea from Juventus for £2,100,000 plus Michael ESSIEN

Both are quality players, with real talent. I missed out on Martinez, which is a real shame, but these are two brilliant players, so I can't complain.

Mattia DE SCIGLIO has completed his move to Chelsea from AC Milan for £868,000 plus Tomás KALAS and Gaël KAKUTA . All other offers were turned down.

Top talent comes in as a back up to Ashley Cole at LB. He will be joined in defence by the best centre back in the world:

Thiago SILVA has completed his move to Chelsea from Paris Saint-Germain for £8,000,000 plus John TERRY and Gary CAHILL

Also managed to beat Jkerrs to the signing of:

Duarte BERNARD has completed his move to Chelsea from Atlético Mineiro for £2,000,000 plus Kenneth OMERUO and Oriol ROMEU . All other offers were turned down.

One of Brazil's brightest talents, been linked with moves across Europe. Very excited to get him :D

Lazar Markovic and Diego Reyes will also come in uncontested. My bid on Lewandowski is contested by Spurs, who have already pinched Martinez and Kondogbia from under my nose, so I hope they've messed up their bids or something, otherwise they'll have got my main target :o

WBA_zps45ccd2df.png

Koke star man as Chettle strengthens midfield

1363006927886_Koke_ruedadeprensa_MD_580848888.png?type=w1

Koke speaking at a press conference after signing for WBA

West Brom have signed midfielder Jorge Coke, their first summer acquisition.

Coke, 21, will make the move when his contract expires on 1 July but because he is under 24, Madrid will be owed compensation, yet to be agreed.

He had a four-game loan spell at Conference side Cambridge last season.

WBA manager Steve Clarke told the club's website: "You want competition for places throughout the team, which is something we didn't have last season.

"Bringing in Jorge will also add to the midfield department and helps with everyone pushing one another, learning from one another and making everyone better and wanting to improve."

Southampton brought in their first batch of seasoned pros this morning

as the squad overhaul begins to take shape.

Veteran centre back and new club captain Costa Alex joins from PSG. Hoping he can keep his first team place and 90 rating until Christmas at least.

Wing back Kevin Grosskreutz joins us from Dortmund - maybe he'll also have a more important role there IRL with all the changes taking place at the Bundesliga club.

Camilo Zuniga will be bombing down the other wing after signing from Napoli

Rasmus Elm, Mr Versatility, will anchor the midfield after signing from Moscow.

The manager is pretty pleased to have put a few key elements in place.

We couldn't really bid for the big boys and seem to have been outmuscled for a lot of the younger players we targeted - but a solid, if small, squad should come out at the end of it if we get the rest of our targets (a lot of which were uncontested)

liverpool2_zpse830c102.png

Handanovic and De Bruyne the First Signings Under New Management!

Liverpool FC have confirmed their first signings under new manager Hancock with 21 year old Kevin De Bruyne and Samir Handanovic joining Liverpool.

De Bruyne joined late last night in a swap deal which included Philippe Coutinho. Chelsea gaffer Hazr is a huge fan of Coutinho and Hancock is a big fan of De Bruyne. Chelsea secured the services of Coutinho by offering De Bruyne along with an additional £1.7m to sweeten the deal. It is unknown as of now whether De Bruyne will command a starting place for Liverpool in the upcoming season but he will definitely get a fair bit of match-time this season.

New manager Hancock had made it clear that Pepe Reina simply did not cut it and was in search of a world-class keeper to replace the 30 year old. Earlier on today it was confirmed that Hancock had got his man, Samir Handanovic joined the club from Internazionale in a swap deal for Pepe Reina and 22 year old Fabio Borini.

Handanovic had an amazing season with Inter and is without a doubt one of the best keepers in the world and it's not surprising to see the 28 year old being targeted and signed by Liverpool. This is what manager Hancock had to say about his two signings:

"What can I say, I'm absolutely delighted! De Bruyne is absolutely amazing, one of the best young talents in the world and without a doubt has an incredibly bright future ahead of him. I rate Coutinho very highly but when I was offered De Bruyne for him, I just had to accept. As for Handanovic, it was no secret that Reina had no place in my team and I wanted him out, he just wasn't good enough. Handanovic is an amazing keeper, definitely one of the best in the world and is a huge addition to our team.

The rumours are flying around Liverpool and it is reported that 7 or 8 stars will be signing for Liverpool soon but there is nothing concrete as of yet. Liverpool are also reported in talks for some other stars but again, nothing concrete so far. We will just have to wait and see what happens. One thing is for sure though, Liverpool will have a very strong team by time the new season kicks off.

alfr_zps35159eb8.gif

Alfreton Town have come to a stop in this hunting season, all targets will complete their move to the Impact Arena within the next 24 hours apart from one who will join us at the weekend.

51258.jpg

James Shea

Arsenal young goalkeeper James will be joining Alfreton for a fee of £260k.

63577.jpg

Jesse LINGARD

Jesse will be joining us at the weekend for the same record fee of £270k that the signing of Will Keane broke.

Also joining Robert KIRSS, Craig SIBBALD, Matija PROTIĆ, Čedomir RADIĆ, Danny EDWARDS and hopefully Henrik CARLSSON should he decide to join us instead of div 3 side Brentford.

7 other bids have been made and we await on their clubs response. No names will be mentioned so we hopefully don't get competition for their signatures.

Notts-County-Meadow-Lane-001.jpg

Danish invasion at Notts County

First they got a danish manager now they will have lot of danish players.

Remmer, Lindbjerg, Zohore, Olsen, Durmizi, Nørgaard, Højbjerg(But accordingly to his agent there are also other after him), Andersen and the only guy who isnt danish Antei will be joining Notts County for a total amount of 10M, the two last mentioned are players who might be involved in starting 11 lot more than the other mentioned.

liverpool2_zpse830c102.png

Liverpool Announce Capture of 4 Superstars!

After recently signing Kevin De Bruyne and Samir Handanovic, Liverpool FC have announced that four more players who are indeed superstars, have put pen to paper and signed for The Reds.

Fans and pundits alike all over the world were shocked to see Sergio Busquets, Benedikt Howedes, Neven Subotic and Leonardo Bonucci all sign for Liverpool! All 4 players are amazing players, very experienced and they will continue improving from now as all of them are 25 or below! Sergio Busquets is without a doubt the biggest signing that Liverpool have made and reports are suggesting Busquets may even be given the Captain's Armband but no one knows just how much truth there are in these rumours..

The Liverpool defence is looking absolutely amazing, easily one of the best in the league. Having already signed Howedes, Subotic, Bonucci and Handanovic, 21 year old LB David Alaba is also reportedly close to signing for the club. If Alaba does sign for Liverpool, it would be a very difficult task to put the ball into the Liverpool net, no matter who the opposition.

Liverpool's new Manager Hancock has wasted no time whatsoever in signing players and has made it clear that he is thinking not only for the present but for the future as well. With the sort of players Liverpool are signing and have already signed, after a long time, they are expected to be serious title contenders for the upcoming season.

The question that everybody is asking is 'Who'll sign next?' I guess we'll find out soon enough..

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRx40RvQSscVyujqqBekSlZv499Lhnio5fRNeaTdx3gygrkXhiHyg

villa1_zps991c772b.jpg

David Villa Makes Stunning Transfer To Leicester

David Villa became Leicester's record signing this afternoon breaking the record previously held by another prolific goalscorer........Emile Heskey.

Journalists were stunned this afternoon as the storys leaked this morning regarding the player turned out to be true.

David has signed a 3 year deal with the Midlands Club and has promised to break all goal records held in this time.

IN OTHER NEWS........

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTBmzJwtgCrcxirIWYOJldk1a2leLNIU_A5AZqPKddRZ9fmMjZO

Kaka Joins The Foxes

image001.png?w=604

Seagulls seal duo as transfer window opens

Brighton boss L G is only a few days in his new job and already has brought two new faces to the AMEX stadium. Bas Dost and Marco Verratti are the first two players to arrive at Brighton in what looks to be a busy transfer window for the Seagulls.

Verratti and Dost attracted interest from quite a few premier league clubs but Brighton acted quickly to obtain their services. Many are surprised to see players of such a high caliber sign for a club like Brighton and it will be interesting to see if they can sign players of the same quality in future.

Marco+Verratti+Italy+v+Malta+FIFA+2014+World+qu74lgN12rZl.jpg

Verratti's unveiling yesterday evening

The signing of Marco Verratti is one that has surprised people. A player that featured in the Champions League and was apart of the PSG team that won Ligue 1, but since Carlo Ancelotti's departure things for Marco quickly changed. He was told be Laurent Blanc that he wasn't going to feature in his plans. Verratti was obviously disappointed but jumped at the chance to play for Brighton.

With rumours linking players to the club coming in thick and fast, fans will be eager to see who they'll see in a Brighton jersey next season.

hull2897_zps86c716a9.png

Kevin-Prince-Boateng-001.jpg

Signings galore at Hull City but will they rue the one's that got away?

Following Steve Bruce's departure on Tuesday Ryan Clarke has been busy in the transfer market as he bids to get a squad together capable of avoiding relegation back to the Championship. Today the Hull City fans were able to see the fruits of Clarke's work in the transfer market, but as Clarke admitted to losing out on Arturo Vidal, Cristian Tello and Mario Mandzukic could Hull City fans be ruing the one that got away?

Kevin-Prince BOATENG has completed his move to Hull City from AC Milan for £750,000 plus Sone ALUKO and Stephen QUINN

Álvaro ARBELOA has completed his move to Hull City from Real Madrid for £3,000,000 plus Maynor FIGUEROA

Ron-Robert ZIELER has completed his move to Hull City from Hanover for £7,000,000 plus Eldin JAKUPOVIC

Hull City also announced the opening of a extended Youth Recruitment Network, and with the opening they also announced eight new youth players will join the club, with plenty more to come as well as a few more big name players rumored to be joining the Tigers.

banner-BreakingNews.jpg

DavidVilla2.jpg

David Villa - 'I was drunk when I agreed to sign for Leicester City.

Recently appointed Leicester City manager Noisy was seen grinning from ear to ear today as he announced that the Championship club had managed to capture none other than Spanish striker David Villa from Barcelona. However the interview David Villa gave to Spanish media afterwards may have wiped that smile from Noisy's face. Here is what Villa had to say in the interview from Spanish paper Marca.

"I spent the whole night out in the town, by 2:00AM I was out of it when I see my agent running up to me saying he's got Noisy on the phone, at the time I didn't even know who Noisy was but it ended with me agreeing a 5 year deal with Leicester City, I don't know how this happened and I am saddened to spend a part of my career here, the moral of the story for kids is, don't talk to Noisy when you're drunk. I have apologized to my wife and kids for making them leave the sun of Barcelona for this rainy and depressing place."

This is 100% not serious, good signing by Noisy, well done mate :P.

banner-BreakingNews.jpg

banner_49137.png

Nine players join Villa

Victor-Wanyama-of-Celtic-551x312.jpg

Aston Villa Football Club are delighted to announce the signings of nine players. Alves Jo, Mohammed Salah, Nacer Chadli, Sebastian Rode, Pedro Obiang, Victor Wanyama (pictured above), Cheikhou Kouyate, Aymen Abdennour and, Cabral Rafael have all completed their moves to Villa Park in the past two hours. Speaking to Villa TV, manager Hazard has expressed his delight in signing these players.

I'm quite please to sign these talented players for a reasonable price. It shows that you don't have to go out and spend a ridiculous amount of money for a 'big' name player when you can get these talents and develop them into a big player.

In other transfer news' date=' Bulgarian winger Aleksandar Tonev has joined Northampton Town on a season-long loan. Aston Villa Football club wishes the very best for Aleksandar in his loan spell.[/color']

Diego Reyes jumps the border

Funny-Mexican-Border-Jumper.jpg

They're at it again!

Some astonishing going on's have been happening at Chelsea in the last few days. Yesterday evening, at around 8pm, a young Mexican man arrived at Chelsea manager Hazr Poland's house completely naked, and covered in duck fat.

Reyes pleaded with Mr Poland to sign him on to his football team, for he said he had played once back in Mexico, and he needed a job else he would be deported. After talking to him for a while, Hazr Poland discovered that Diego had been carrying on his ancestral tradition of jumping border's, and had in fact travelled to London from Mexico, concealed in a tub of goose fat.

'I was actually in need of a defender at the time, and my wife took a shine to the naked, oily Mexican on our drive, so I decided that I would give him a chance.' Hazr Poland told reporters this morning. Mr Reyes has signed a 5-year deal as a result of these exceptional circumstances.

150153120.0_standard_352.0.jpg

Reyes is ecstatic to be allowed to stay!

Archived