Aaron Lennon  

1. 1.

• Aaron Lennon pushing onto 90
    • Aaron Lennon not quite 90
    • Jermaine Defoe over rated

:confused: Am I the only person who thinks Aaron Lennon's 87 rating is too low. Okay, so he hasnt won the Champions League or become the best player in the premiership, but he should atleast be 90/91. Lets be honest, Messi is 92 but he hasnt really done much apart from show a couple of glimpses as a future star. Correct me if i'm wrong, but Lennon has done the exact same thing and has played more games this season than Messi!?

Come on, lets up those ratings!!!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaron Lennon is a special player! No doubt about it. Rating of 87 is far too low. After this world cup i feel we will see a lot of rating changes!

Messi is already a proven international player, that is why he has a higher rating than Lennon, Fabregas and even the likes of Eboue, who is also a special tallent!

Fabregas has just been changed from rating 90 to rating 91 which is the rite decision for me. Come the end of the world cup we should see his rating jump to 92-93.

Lennons' rating depends on Svens plans for him. If he plays he will show what a special player he is, and will warrent a rating of at least 90! And this is from an Arsenal fan!!

Mark.

I think the guys here who admin these things have had a look at him and said to themselves aaron lennon will be a 90+ player in no-time for sure...

If tottenham were to sell him imagine the offers!!!...........

The secret is out he will be in 90+ minimum very soon....as he is an international taking part in the most important competition in football....

He for now should be 89 at least!!

• 2 months later...
aaron lennon has been a consistent performer for tottenham for a long time and he also played fantastic against portugal in the world cup' date=' i think 90 or 91 will do justoce, he has quick feet like ronaldo.c and can cross the ball fantastically! wat do u think?[/quote']

not yet i think... he should play at least 10matches in a row in first eleven at spurs in my opinion, if he comes on as a sub for 10min you can't say he's worth 90+ already....

he deserves 90 imo. Also i think playing for England and being the only player to put a bit of life into the team (the few times he played). It seems to be the same problem here as I encountered on another thread. For what reason does international football increase his rating????!!! He is a much better player by far than Steed Malbranque, Boa Morte, even Luis Garcia rated 92! Also I dont remember Boa Morte or Malbranque playing for their teams in the WC definitely not Malbranqu and yet they're rated 90!

Lennon deserves 90/91.

i agree Malbranque should not be a 90 rating really. Boa was in the WC Portuguese squad though, and has played 25 times at top level.

it is not so much about having to play internationals, as having proved that you can cut it at the very highest level, which is why not all internationals (pick a dud country) have 90+ ratings.

Lennon will prove he can cut it, but his brief appearances for me have not shown world class.

i agree Malbranque should not be a 90 rating really. Boa was in the WC Portuguese squad though' date=' and has played 25 times at top level.

it is not so much about having to play internationals, as having proved that you can cut it at the very highest level, which is why not all internationals (pick a dud country) have 90+ ratings.

Lennon will prove he can cut it, but his brief appearances for me have not shown world class.[/quote']

WHAT?! Teb you spoke too soon - lets see what Malbranque does for your Spurs, then you'll say he needs an increase! I think Steed should be a 91 and im not biased coz hes not even a Fulham player anymore, and how can Lennon's rating be higher then Steeds??

Lennon has played 43 times for Leeds and scored once and 27 times for Spurs and scored twice and 5 times for England. Total of 70 games (3 goals) + 5

Steed has played 87 times for Lyon and socred 6 goals (ps: thats already more then Lennon's total) and 211 times for us scoring 44 goals.

So as you can see, besides playing more then 4 times the amount of games Lennon played at top level, Malbranque is also a goalscorer unlike Lennon. I can't see how this guy, going to start for a UEFA level club, can get a decrease and a guy who played 1/4 of the games he played should get an increase... :o

looool boby... seems like you rate people on how much they play :S why is messi 92 then is about their skill isn't it

How much they play at a particular level is also taken into account, but not everything. But look at Walcott... he's an Arsenal player, and he's really rated low... Why is he low? The answer is coz he hasn't played enough games to prove himself... Malbranque has proved himself over 8 years and from a star at Lyon became a star at Fulham and WIILL DEFFINATLY become a star at Tottenham. You can't say that Lennon is going to become a star just yet, although he is lookng amazing.. things like injuries, fights, off-form might ruin him while Malbranque has proved himself over a long period not a few games a season.

Messi is rated quite high but has already shown his class but MESSI is super not like Lennon, who don't get me wrong, is VERY good but not super :P

But again.. what if Messi breaks a leg in 3 places and has to stop football?? Obviously the other way round Steed might break his leg and have to stop playing football! :P But Steed has already proved himself and scoring an average of 1 goal every 4/5 games from RM is a very good record since its take over a long period.

Also Steed managed 28 assists from 2001-2005...

Lennon managed 5 assists from 2003-2006...

So if Lennon cant assist or score, and Steed can both assist and score, how can you say Lennon deserves a higher rating then Steed?! :eek:

I'm fully aware of your answers.. which are gonna be something like 'Coz Lennon didn't play the amount of games Steed did and doesnt have that much experience' but then that gets you back to the first point that Lennon hasnt proved himself ENOUGH yet.. Hey - afterall I'm not saying Lennon is a bad player and I think he should be rated from 89 to 91 maximum, but if so Steed is a 91 too.. and btw, I hate Steed for what he did to us.. but that doesnt make him a worse player now does it? Also the ratings of Niemi, Lastukva, Diop and Boa Morte need to be looked at.

:D

WHAT?! Teb you spoke too soon - lets see what Malbranque does for your Spurs' date=' then you'll say he needs an increase! I think Steed should be a 91 and im not biased coz hes not even a Fulham player anymore, and how can Lennon's rating be higher then Steeds??[/quote']

i dont think Malbranque's rating should be lower than Lennon's, hence why i didnt say it (i think!!!) :D

Lennon has played 43 times for Leeds and scored once and 27 times for Spurs and scored twice and 5 times for England. Total of 70 games (3 goals) + 5

Steed has played 87 times for Lyon and socred 6 goals (ps: thats already more then Lennon's total) and 211 times for us scoring 44 goals.

So as you can see' date=' besides playing more then 4 times the amount of games Lennon played at top level, Malbranque is also a goalscorer unlike Lennon. I can't see how this guy, going to start for a UEFA level club, can get a decrease and a guy who played 1/4 of the games he played should get an increase... :o[/quote']

so....? you are highlighting that Lennon is not a goalscoring player.... neither is Rio Ferdinand, players have different stengths and weaknesses. This doesnt necessarily impact on rating, unless you are a striker really, and even then some players - like Robbie Keane for instance - are awesome even when not scoring, so i think stats must be taken with a pinch of salt.

neither player has shown international class. Malbranque has shown he is a top Premiership player and I think his 90 rating is a fair reflection of this (apologies, i said he wasnt before, was confused from supping crack cocaine -joke!! and thinking that 90 meant international class, when it is just 91 or above). Neither should be over 90.

Lennon and Malbranque are both spot on where they are now that I have thought about it, 89 and 90 respectively. Unless Malbranque starts performing on an international stage (UEFA, or country). Lennon will stay as is, might creep up to a 90 but dont think he looks enough of an all-rounder just yet.

So if Lennon cant assist or score' date=' and Steed can both assist and score, how can you say Lennon deserves a higher rating then Steed?! [/quote']

am not going to cite the answers you gave to your own question....as again i would like to highlight that players have different strengths and it is not all in the stats. Show me a stat for Lennon's pace, or how many players he turns or runs by!! An assist is the final ball played to a goalscorer before scoring, and just because a player does not allows play the final killer ball (like Lennon) does not mean he is a worse player than one who does. But, anyway, again i didnt say Lennon should be higher than Malbranque....did I?! but not sure if you were aiming this one at me mate!!

Give him time............

aaron lennon has been a consistent performer for tottenham for a long time and he also played fantastic against portugal in the world cup' date=' i think 90 or 91 will do justoce, he has quick feet like ronaldo.c and can cross the ball fantastically! wat do u think?[/quote']

He has a very bright future ahead of him, but right now he still has alot to prove and learn.

You say he can ; "Cross the ball fantastically " but i feel he has no real consistancy in doing so, untill he masters all arts ov being a top wide player he should stay the same..... but his ratings are only ever going up.... so get him if any1 is daft enough to sell him... :D:D

Teb, That was a Simply AMAZING reply :D I'm just going to take quotations and give my opinion...

i dont think Malbranque's rating should be lower than Lennon's, hence why i didnt say it (i think!!!)

No, lol, infact you didn't say that, buy you said: ''i agree Malbranque should not be a 90 rating really.'' which I accidently mistaked.. :o

so....? you are highlighting that Lennon is not a goalscoring player.... neither is Rio Ferdinand, players have different stengths and weaknesses. This doesnt necessarily impact on rating, unless you are a striker really, and even then some players - like Robbie Keane for instance - are awesome even when not scoring, so i think stats must be taken with a pinch of salt.

Beauty of a reply - I completely agree!

(apologies, i said he wasnt before, was confused from supping crack cocaine -joke!! and thinking that 90 meant international class, when it is just 91 or above)

1) Apology accepted

2) If you were thinking 90+ was international class, still, it's useless saying that because Malbranque is unlucky he's French and would make other good international squads too. From the other point of view, not all the international players are 90+ which I completely agree with - but this would another thread so let's just stick to this now.

Neither should be over 90.

I think if Steed proves himself with Spurs he will surely go up, but the same applies to Lennon who will also go up if plays very well like he's doing...

My ratings: Steed 90, Lennon 89 imho.

Lennon and Malbranque are both spot on where they are now that I have thought about it, 89 and 90 respectively. Unless Malbranque starts performing on an international stage (UEFA, or country). Lennon will stay as is, might creep up to a 90 but dont think he looks enough of an all-rounder just yet.

Couldn't have put it better myself :)

am not going to cite the answers you gave to your own question....as again i would like to highlight that players have different strengths and it is not all in the stats. Show me a stat for Lennon's pace, or how many players he turns or runs by!! An assist is the final ball played to a goalscorer before scoring, and just because a player does not allows play the final killer ball (like Lennon) does not mean he is a worse player than one who does.

After a good think I completely agree here too - I was thinking otherwise coz they play in similar positions.. but now I agree.

Show me a stat for Lennon's pace, or how many players he turns or runs by!!

Hmmm... Ok, he is faster then Steed.. but here are some stats (taken in the players' best season)

Lennon in 2005... played 27 games... scored 3 goals... made 6 assists... 22 corners won... 12 successful crosses... 127 passes failed... 6 shots.

Malbranque in 2001... played 37 games (+10)... scored 8 (+5) goals... made 8 (+2) assists... 35 corners won (+13)... 77 successful crosses (+65 - now thats a real lot as there is only a 10 game difference)... 441 passes failed (+326)... 21 shots (+15)

Ok, these are some stats, but despite Malbranque squishing poor Lennon in stats it, as you rightly said, doesn't make him a better player - although he edges it out a bit right now.

The thing that stunned me here is the amount of passes failed by Steed.. what does this show?

A) That Steed doesn't know how to pass?

OR

B) That Steed is more involved in the game?

I'd deffinatly go for the latter. Steed gets more involved then Lennon, Lennon is only good to attack with and is more of a player who just sticks to his position - and does it really well as he is a bloody good winger, while Steed gets more involved... he has that sort of 'free roll' in a team. Also, Steed's defending stats, although not shown, are much better then Lennon's, so thats why I consider Steed to be the better of the two right now.

All-in-all I think we mainly agreed because we both agree that the ratings are spot on right now :D

Cheers

Bobo