English Championship 28697 Betting Thread

Ashh

Had an idea which i've discussed with Raz and Hazr briefly and both felt it was worth trying to put to use in this gameworld so hopefully it can get the support needed to be succesful!

Pretty much every week one of us will post up odds for a selection of that weeks coming game and managers within the league will be able to bet using a virtual amount of money on these matches.

Participating managers will each start with £1000 in which to bet with. Every week Managers can bet 75% of there current balance in order to encourage more sensible betting. Once a managers balance falls below £200 100% can be bet from then on in. However if the balance of the manager then exceeds £200 again the inital rule of 75% returns.

Bets must only be singles and must be displayed as below:

Current Balance - £1000

Stake - £300

New Balance - £700

Match - West Brom v's Chelsea - West Brom Win 6/1

Potential profit - £1800

Once a bet is won or lost a post of the bet should be made:

Bet - West Brom v's Chelsea - West Brom Win 6/1

Stake - £300

Outcome - BET LOST

New Balance - £700

Maximum of 3 bets per Turn , once a manager has lost their entire balance they're out for the remainder of the season. The manager with the highest balance at the end of the season will recieve a prize although were not sure what that will be yet :P

Any question or suggestion please comment /pm me and let me know so we can make this better as its quite basic currently!

This is only open to managers in EC28697

Current Participant:

Ashh - £1000

.RC - £1000

Hazr - £1000

Raz - £1000

Dan James - £1000

Ozzy - £1000

Pinkman - £1000

Hancock - £1000

Ben Scfc - £1000

Valentia - £1000

Scrooll - £1000

HannahB - £1000

Veigas - £1000

Ryan987 - £1000

Benjo_Benjo - £1000

Gozzy - £1000

Barakus - £1000

CiaranMc - £1000

TheDuffman - £1000

StephenMUFC - £1000

Mudskipper - £1000

Ruts66 - £1000

Basnandez - £1000

Richard007 - £1000

hdixit - £1000

Anri - £1000

26/25

Re: English Championship 28697 Betting Thread

What?

It encourages people not to try and blow it all because once they are out they are out for the season.

He means how can you go out if you can only ever bid 75% of your balance

:P

Just needs a little bit of ironing out' date=' maybe once you have under £200, you can bid whatever :)[/center']

He means how can you go out if you can only ever bid 75% of your balance

:P

Just needs a little bit of ironing out' date=' maybe once you have under £200, you can bid whatever :)[/center']

Ah, I feel silly. Didn't think of that, yeah just do what you said.

Haha sorry about that guys as i've just told Pinkman over PM i meant to put that once the balance is £200 or below then the whole balance can be bet! I was doing two things at once (watching Murray + writing that) and must of missed adding it i'll add it in now!

The reason for putting it in is so managers dont just bet £1000 on the first game and having nothing for the rest of the season!

I'd like to give it a go if that's alright

Of course Ozzy i'll put you on the list!

Maybe a rule that you can`t bet on matches involving your own team' date='would stop somebody putting out a weakened team and betting on the opposition in dead rubbers near the end of the season.[/quote']

What does everyone think about this?

Personally i'm only seeing this as a bit of fun with a potential prize at the end so felt the need for safeguarding bets etc wouldn't be needed but if the general concensus is this i suggest having a rule where you can only bet on yourself to win?

What does everyone think about this?

Personally i'm only seeing this as a bit of fun with a potential prize at the end so felt the need for safeguarding bets etc wouldn't be needed but if the general concensus is this i suggest having a rule where you can only bet on yourself to win?

Maybe betting on your team to win is allowed, but everything else not?

Maybe betting on your team to win is allowed' date=' but everything else not?[/quote']

Anyone else have an opinion on this? I'm fully for this to RC!

Count me in buddy :)

Will add you now Valentia!

should i limit numbers to 20/30 or just make it unlimited?