EC 28697 Previews and Predictions Thread

Hazr

Right for the previews and predictions, we will have one team of two for each division. If you want to do half each per turn, or just do alternate weeks, its up to you

:D

Let me know who's interested, and we can go from there :)

Teams are:

Div 1 - Hazr + Raz

Div 2 -

Div 3 -

Div 4 - RPR +

Div 5 -

Re: EC 28697 Previews and Predictions Thread

Welcome to the Championship Super 6 preview series looking forward to the best games from the current top sides in the toughest Division in the set-up.

In the coming months, Managers throughout the set up will watch the race for promotion to the top tier unfold before their eyes, and Managers in the Championship will do anything they can to get their Clubs into the elite Super 6 club.

so with the 2nd league game only 24 hours away, I wish my fellow Championship Managers good luck in the coming season and I hope to preview many of your sides in the NPower Championship Super 6......game on

wiul8n.jpg

Barnsley - Charlton Athletic

Early leaders Barnsley welcome 4th placed Charlton as both Managers hope to build on their opening day wins.

Goal Kings Barnsley, who put 5 past a shell shocked Donny, will look to DZEMAILI to add to his 2 goals as they host a classy Charlton side looking to build on their 2-0 morale boosting win over Sheffield Wednesday. Barnsley have a full squad to choose from, but even with Diego Forlan missing for the visitors, the Valiants may still be too strong for the home side..........prediction 1-2

Reading - Derby County

Gozzy's Reading welcome Chris Lord's 2nd Placed Derby side as both Legendary Managers try to make their mark early on in the season.

Opening day brought mixed fortunes for both sides as Reading just lost out in a 5 goal thriller at Wigan, while Derby outclassed Brighton 3-1 away from home.

Both sides have injury worries with Reading's Muriel and Derby's Eboue doubtful but with strength in depth in both camps, this shouldn't weaken either side........prediction 1-1

Middlesboro - Watford

Jake Collings 3rd placed Watford visit a Rick James Middlesboro side already looking to put last weeks defeat to Burnley well and truly behind them.

Watford recorded a tremendous 3-1 win away to Bolton on opening day and will be favourites to take all 3 points at the Riverside as Palacio, Pattia, and Salvio all look to be on fire at the moment.

Both sides are injury free, but the visitors are without the suspended Pudil who shouldnt be missed enough for his side not to claim all 3 points.........prediction 0-3

Birmingham - Yeovil Town

4th placed Birmingham welcome 10th placed Yeovil for a cracking game at St Andrews between 2 sides who both won on the opening day of the season.

Birmingham, after a fine 2-0 win over Forest last week have a fully fit squad to choose from, as do the visitors who outclassed Ipswich last week.

This will be seen as a big test for Yeovil but with the likes of Eriksen surging forward from midfield, I cannot see anything here but a win for the homeside.........prediction 4-1

Wigan - Bournemouth

Wigan, sitting in 6th place after their 3-2 win over Reading welcome Bournemouth to the JJB, for what many are looking at as the goal jamboree of the weekend.

The visitors lost a close game at QPR last week and will have to be at their best to deny the in-form Neymar and co all three points as the home side strive for the title.

Wigan are without the suspended Torres but should be far too strong in the end for the visitors............prediction 4-0

I guess if interest is quite low in Division 5' date=' I could try and take it on. However, I will likely need someone else to split the load with as I have pretty much just joined the forum.[/quote']

Id give it a go, but im really new to this. Though one thing i do have is time, well week days...weekends not so much.

If nobody more experienced comes forward, id love to give it a go :)

Let me know if you need a hand

Division 1 Predictions

Turn 2 04/07/2013

Newcastle United v Norwich City

Newcastle have built a very nice team with some real big names, like Falcao and Pirlo, and should outclass Norwich’s team with ease.They go into it with the better form, and, barring a masterclass from Balotelli and Totti, should get another win under their belt here.

Newcastle United 2-0 Norwich

West Bromwich Albion v Hull City

This will be a very difficult game, as both clubs have very good managers that have built some very good squads. Hull sit joint top of the league at the moment, but that is only ahead of West Brom by 1 GD. Ratingwise, the teams are very equal, and I believe that this one will be a stalemate.

West Brom 1-1 Hull City

Crystal Palace v Fulham

Husnain started the season with a massive disadvantage at Palace, having a team that were one of the worst in the league. However, he has managed to build a nice team from nothing, although Fulham could prove too big an obstacle for them. This will be a very difficult season for Palace, and this fixture will show why.

Palace 0-3 Fulham

Everton v Swansea

Ronaldo is all that needs to be said. Everton have a reasonable team besides from the big man, but his presence, if used properly, will give Everton a massive advantage over any opponents they have. Swansea’s Spanish team will give them a run for their money, but I predict that a Ronaldo brace will edge this one.

Everton 2-1 Swansea

Southampton v Cardiff

Another two very good managers face-off here, and it will be another tight game. The teams are extremely even, so much so that it is very hard to pick between the two. This should end as a draw.

Southampton 0-0 Cardiff

Tottenham v Manchester United

This is the game of the round here. Both teams have very strong squads, and Raz’s is the strongest in the league. However, Raz has proven over and over again that tactically, he is not quite on the level that it takes to win the league. If he can show some improvement in his tactical area, he should take the title, and this match. However, it will be close for now. I think that he will pull through though.

Tottenham 2-3 Man Utd

Stoke City v Sunderland

Stoke manager Mark Ferry sacrificed somewhat on class throughout his team by spending big on two of the best wingers of modern times – Pedro and Robben. Sunderland have a much more balanced team, and as long as they stay strong on the flanks and can hit Stoke down the middle, they should be able to pull through here.

Stoke 0-1 Sunderland

Manchester City v Arsenal

Another massive game here. Pinkman has a quality squad, and one that is possibly on a par even with United’s. Jkerrs has also managed to build a top squad at Arsenal, and this one will be tight. I think that an Iniesta masterclass will be the only thing that decides this one, and he will put two past Ter Stegen to win it for City.

Manchester City 2-1 Arsenal

Chelsea v West Ham

As my team, I hope that Chelsea will win this one. However, the Hammers have a very good manager at the helm with Adam, and with Fabregas suspended, this is by no means an easy game. I am going to predict (and hope not to jinx myself) that I should just be able to edge this one.

Chelsea 2-0 West Ham

Liverpool v Aston Villa

Hancock’s Liverpool are full of class and potential, and will be one of the title contenders this year. Hazard’s Villa team, although full of depth, are lacking any real class, though they do have a good young team. Liverpool should be able to sweep Villa aside here, especially with the home advantage.

Liverpool 4-0 Aston Villa

Archived