The Underdog - Version.2 Discussions, M/R's Team and Losers of the turn

Matt72

knz9Kk6.png

The definition of an Underdog:

1: One that is expected to lose a contest or struggle, as in sports or politics.

2: One that is at a disadvantage.

Everyone loves an Underdog. Wimbledon winning the FA Cup in 1988 against Liverpool, Greece winning the European Championships in 2004 and Denmark 12 years earlier. Well this is your chance to join them in The Underdog Version.2 brought to you by myself as well as Hancock and with a great deal of help from RPR.

MAIN OBJECTIVE

There will be 8 teams from England, 8 teams from Germany and 8 teams from Spain. The other 16 teams will not be from one country alone. There will be 8 teams from the Rest of Europe not including Spain, Germany or England. The other 8 teams will be from Brazil and Argentina, there will be 4 teams from Argentina and Brazil respectively.

'The Underdogs' we have selected have a value between 66 and 97million. Also average attendances for the selected clubs in real life range from around 7K - 32K, as many of you may be aware real life attendances tend to be reflected in game. I spent countless hours with the help of RPR and Hancock to try and get these as even as possible however there is always going to be teams that are somewhat weaker than others due to the format of the GW as well as the availability to each specific group.

As for The 'Chief Underdogs', they will be the weakest team from each nation/group. These clubs have a squad value between 29 and 33million and an average attendance ranging from 4K to 7.5K.

The main objective of the Game World is for a 'Chief Underdog' to be crowned the Division 1 Champion as well as win one Domestic Cup (there may only be one domestic cup due to the league sizes) in the same season. Since the 'Chief Underdogs' are the weakest teams in the game world and will have a very small stadium plus a comparatively small squad value it will be very difficult to win Division 1 let alone with the Cup as well in the same season. The 'Chief Underdog' with the help of 'The Underdogs' in his/her nation/group who manages to do this will be crowned the winner(s) of the setup.

The other clubs of the nation/group can do their best to help the 'Chief Underdog' from their nation/group in whichever manner they please, whether it is selling players to them, throwing matches so that the 'Chief Underdog' can win etc.

There will be four divisions of ten. two teams relegated & two teams promoted. To make it unique, the much criticised "Play-Off" system will be in place.

Each team will have 50 million as their budget. NO buying from unmanaged clubs, unlimited deals are allowed with external clubs. It is a CASH ONLY game world. No part exchange deals can take place, ONLY cash.

SQUAD BUILDING

Each team and manager will be chosen by using random.org. Once teams have been distributed to the managers there will be another draw to determine the order in which the manager gets to choose there star player who they can get for Chairman Value, the star player MUST be bought before any other transfers can take place, this is to avoid managers picking up a few cheap higher rated players to boost there squads average rating and thus giving them an unfair advantage when buying there star player. Each club will post their star player in this thread according to the order in which the managers are drawn. The star player must be the highest rated player of your squad.

For example, and for those who do not know, if your squads average rating is 83 you will only be able to buy a player rated 93 or lower as the maximum rating SM will allow is +10 higher than there squads average rating.

If a team's star player is rated 90, then excluding him, the highest rated player in the squad must be 89. Managers cannot buy a player rated higher than their star player until they have sold their star player and bought a new one. If managers sell then they must inform on the forum who their new star player is.

In the result of a player rising to the same rating as your star player then one must be sold, if a player rises and it is higher than that of your star player then that player will then become your star player.

IMPORTANT POINT: MANAGERS ARE ONLY ALLOWED TO SPEND UPTO 30 MILLION ON THEIR STAR PLAYERS (SEASON ONE ONLY) THE MAXIMUM VALUE OF A DEAL IS 30M FAILURE TO ADHERE TO THIS RULE WILL RESULT IN SEVERE PUNISHMENT(S)

ECONOMY LEVEL:

Normal

PLAYER CONCERNS:

On

SMFA MONITORING TRANSFERS:

Off

CASH ONLY DEALS:

Yes

BUYING FROM UNMANAGED CLUBS:

No

MUST LOGIN EVERY:

14 Days

With the economy level set to normal, managers will need to be careful with their signings due to 30 million allocated for your star buy this will only leave 20 million plus sales, making squad building a slow process and will hopefully avoid ovespending and falling into debt as this will neither help your nation/group or your 'Chief Underdog'.

There will be 4 divisions consisting of 10 teams in each division. All teams will be divided into the divisions according to their values. The 2 lowest values from each nation/group will be in Division 1, the next 10 in Division 2 and so on. All the 'Chief Underdogs' will be in Division 4 along with the 5 other highest values. Please note this will be done where possible as fairly as we can. So each nation/group will have 2 teams in each division.

PRIZE

The prize for the winning country/group is 5500 credits. 500 for each 'Underdog" and a 1000 for the 'Chief Underdog'.

The list of teams will be in there respective nations/groups and alongside will be there real life average attendances and SM squad value.

ENGLAND

Leicester City: Avge Att - 23,037 SM Squad Value - 84.1million.

Nottingham Forest: Avge Att - 21,970 SM Squad Value - 77.8million.

Brighton & Hove Albion: Avge Att - 20,029 SM Squad Value - 80.6million.

Birmingham City: Avge Att - 19,127 SM Squad Value - 69.7million.

Ipswich Town: Avge Att - 18,267 SM Squad Value - 69.8million.

Middlesbrough: Avge Att - 17,558 SM Squad Value - 85.5million.

Blackpool: Avge Att - 12,764 SM Squad Value - 80.9 million.

Brentford Avge Att - 6,317 SM Squad Value 33.2million CHIEF UNDERDOG.

GERMANY

Kaiserslautern: Avge Att - 31,758 SM Squad Value - 96.9million.

FC St. Pauli: Avge Att - 24,142 SM Squad Value - 75.9million.

TSV 1860 Munich: Avge Att - 22,682 SM Squad Value - 71million.

FC Union Berlin: Avge Att - 17,103 SM Squad Value - 79million.

Greuther Furth: Avge Att - 16,843 SM Squad Value - 70.4million.

VFL Bochum: Avge Att - 14,516 SM Squad Value - 83.9million.

Energie Cottbus: Avge Att - 10,406 SM Squad Value - 81.3million

Chemnitzer FC: Avge Att - 5,161 SM Squad Value - 33.2million. CHIEF UNDERDOG.

SPAIN

Deportivo: Avge Att - 29,442 SM Squad Value 82.6million.

Real Sporting: Avge Att - 15,725 SM Squad Value - 81.4million.

Elche: Avge Att - 14,944 SM Squad Value - 68.3million.

Las Palmas: Avge Att - 12,062 SM Squad Value 73.4million.

Racing Santander: Avge Att - 9,005 Squad Value 69.5million.

UD Almeria: Avge Att - 7,735 SM Squad Value - 71.4million.

Real Murcia: Avge Att - 7,249 SM Squad Value - 66.8million.

FC Cartagena: Avge Att - 4,200 SM Squad Value - 29million.

REST OF EUROPE

FC Groningen: Avge Att - 21,063 Squad Value - 76million.

Stade de Reims: Avge Att - 20,001 Squad Value - 93.1million.

Crvena Zvezda: Avge Att - 19,782 Squad Value - 76million.

FC Nantes: Avge Att - 18,671 Squad Value - 79.6million

Legia Warszawa: Avge Att - 17,679 Squad Value - 94.3million.

Rosenborg: Avge Att - 15,768 Squad Value - 69.2million.

Hellas Verona: Avge Att - 13,286 Squad Value - 83.9million.

Dundee United: Avge Att - 7,547 Squad Value - 31million. CHIEF UNDERDOG.

SOUTH AMERICA

San Lorenzo: Avge Att - 29,500 Squad Value - 87.4million.

Gremio: Avge Att - 25,845 Squad Value - 90.3million.

Colon: Avge Att - 20.000 Squad Value - 76.3million.

Estudiantes: Avge Att - 18,400 Squad Value - 70million.

Godoy Cruz: Avge Att - 14,280 Squad Value - 78million.

Nautico: Avge Att - 13,773 Squad Value - 90million.

Coritiba: Avge Att - 12,851 Squad Value - 79.4million.

Racing Club: Avge Att - 4,876 Squad Value 29.8million.

MANAGERS LIST

Jkerrs

Dougie House

johnjharman

Hazr

Brunopinto90

Shareflair

Gozzy

RPR

Qualix

Sunnyskeg

Ashh

IAwesome

Stevie GI

Stephen MUFC

Bizness

BenC

Scrooll

Veigas

Indgy

Rick James

BroodRooster

Ryan 987

Valentia

I Mccoll I 93 I

El Nino

Slimey 2k7

Closer

like_a_boas

NickJustice

jamie_blooobird

ZlookVulk

Andres_EFC

Barakus

Jmagic93

Evoked87

Hossam

Drink

Noisy

Hdixit

Patrick.FCB

Total: 40

TEAMS - MANAGERS - DIVISION - STAR BUY

ENGLAND

Birmingham: I McColl I 93 I - Division 1 - Balotelli

Ipswich: Barney Goindi - Division 1 - De Gea

Nottingham Forest: Ryan 987 - Division 2 - Lamela

Blackpool: Closer - Division 2 - Stephan El Shaarawy

Leicester City: Liam George - Division 3 - Kroos

Brighton: Hossam - Division 3 - Alcantara Thiago

Middlesbrough: UNMANAGED - Division 4 - Alaba

Brentford: Like_A_Boas* - Division 4 - Duarte Bernard

GERMANY

Greuther Furth: David Crawford: Division 1 - Jack Wilshere -

TSV 1860 Munich: Erik Eshleman - Division 1 - Varane

FC Union Berlin: Slimey 2k7 - Division 2 - Handanovic

FC St. Pauli: BenC - Division 2 - Oscar

VFL Bochum: Hazr - Division 3 - Mkhitaryan

Energie Cottbus: johnjharman - Division 3 - Subotic

Kaiserslautern: Jkerrs - Division 4 - Marco Reus

Chemnitzer FC: RPR* - Division 4 - Trapp

SPAIN

Elche: Gozzy - Division 1 - Mandzukic

Real Murcia: Stevie GI - Division 1 - Cazorla

Las Palmas: Bizness - Divison 2 - Gundogan

Racing Santander: ZlookVulk - Division 2 - Isco

Real Sporting: Brunopinto90 - Division 3 - Alba

UD Almeria: StephenMUFC Division 3 - Ter Stegen

Deportivo: Shareflair - Division 4 - Javi Martinez

FC Cartagena: NickJustice* Division 4 - Tello

REST OF EUROPE

Crvena Zvezda: lama Ahmed - Division 1 - Paulinho

Rosenborg: Sunnyskeg - Divison 1 - Vidal

FC Groningen: UNMANAGED - Divison 2 - Welbeck

FC Nantes: UNMANAGED - Division 2 - De Sciglio

Stade de Reims: UNMANAGED - Division 3 - Hazard

Hellas Verona: Villa - Division 3 - Luiz

Legia Warszawa: BroodRooster - Division 4 - Lewandowski

Dundee United: UNMANAGED* - Division 4 - Umtiti

SOUTH AMERICA

Colon: UNMANAGED - Division 1 - Kagawa

Estudiantes: J Magic 93 - Division 1 - Courtois

Godoy Cruz: Hdixit - Division 2 - Rafael

Coritiba: UNMANAGED - Division 2 - Lukaku

Nautico: Rick James - Division 3 - Moura Lucas

San Lorenzo: Barakus - Division 3 - Schurrle

Gremio: Noisy - Division 4 - Neymar

Boa Esporte: Dougie House:* - Division 4 - Juan Jesus

* Denotes Chief Underdog.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: The Underdog - Version.2

Sounds like a very promising concept. I'm interested!
Had taken a little break from all my teams of late having reigned from a few but I'm starting to look to get back into it now so I'd love to Matt' date=' thanks[/quote']

Nice to have you both in.

Sounds like a very promising concept. I'm interested!
Had taken a little break from all my teams of late having reigned from a few but I'm starting to look to get back into it now so I'd love to Matt' date=' thanks[/quote']

Welcome lads!

So,in some way it has similar idea like Gorbash The Finisher right? I want to see this kind of setup finish until we got a winner,not people leaving when they got bored with the team/struggle to get result. I don't want what happen to original Underdog and Finisher happen to this

So' date='in some way it has similar idea like Gorbash The Finisher right? I want to see this kind of setup finish until we got a winner,not people leaving when they got bored with the team/struggle to get result. I don't want what happen to original Underdog and Finisher happen to this[/quote']

I am hoping if we get the right people in we can do a nation/group team of the week plus an overall team of the week. Be nice also if we can do a chump of the week which would be the worst team from each nation/group as well as overall. Divisional match reports and predictions all seem to be working very well in other set ups so would be nice to introduce them here as well.

Archived