Sign in to follow this  
Matt72

The Underdog - Version.2 Discussions, M/R's Team and Losers of the turn

Re: The Underdog - Version.2

If someone isn't going to be active now,it more than likely they won't be active when the setup is running too and it'll make the possibility the setup to die higher. With your way of approaching the manager by sending PM/VM/chat jkerrs ( i have done it too), there always a possibilty someone just click the link,say he is interested to join WITHOUT reading any information/rules and then as he's the one who say his interest early,then he's picked as manager but NEVER keep up with information on thread. These kind of manager won't be good for long term setup like this. Better to find reliable replacement as soon as possible that you know will stay for long term. I appreciate some new managers that i haven't been with before but being active though! These kind of managers that we need. New blood of active forumers to keep custom alive which is harder to find now

Sorry for long rant,but this is really my main concern for long term setup like this to not die

If someone isn't going to be active now' date='it more than likely they won't be active when the setup is running too and it'll make the possibility the setup to die higher. With your way of approaching the manager by sending PM/VM/chat jkerrs ( i have done it too), there always a possibilty someone just click the link,say he is interested to join WITHOUT reading any information/rules and then as he's the one who say his interest early,then he's picked as manager but NEVER keep up with information on thread. These kind of manager won't be good for long term setup like this. Better to find reliable replacement as soon as possible that you know will stay for long term. I appreciate some new managers that i haven't been with before but being active though! These kind of managers that we need. New blood of active forumers to keep custom alive which is harder to find now

Sorry for long rant,but this is really my main concern for long term setup like this to not die[/quote']

Hdixit is in for Doonhamer then.

Hopefully we can get things moving now.

If someone isn't going to be active now' date='it more than likely they won't be active when the setup is running too and it'll make the possibility the setup to die higher. With your way of approaching the manager by sending PM/VM/chat jkerrs ( i have done it too), there always a possibilty someone just click the link,say he is interested to join WITHOUT reading any information/rules and then as he's the one who say his interest early,then he's picked as manager but NEVER keep up with information on thread. These kind of manager won't be good for long term setup like this. Better to find reliable replacement as soon as possible that you know will stay for long term. I appreciate some new managers that i haven't been with before but being active though! These kind of managers that we need. New blood of active forumers to keep custom alive which is harder to find now

Sorry for long rant,but this is really my main concern for long term setup like this to not die[/quote']

I know its not directed directly to me, but it is indirectly. The reason i didn´t chose the star player, cause when i joined (after several messages from Jkerrs from days ago to yesterday) it was immediately my time to choose the star player and with little time and needed some time to think. I was aware of the rules, discussions, thread and the star players already chosen but didn´t know anything about a social group, per example, where we discuss our transfers. When you joined, you all have plenty of time to choose your player. So i really apologize do drag the GW, but already chosen the star player and i am happy to be part of the Underdog:)

I know its not directed directly to me' date=' but it is indirectly. The reason i didn´t chose the star player, cause when i joined (after several messages from Jkerrs from days ago to yesterday) it was immediately my time to choose the star player. I was aware of the rules, discussions, thread and the star players already chosen but didn´t now anything about a social group, per example, where he discuss or transfers. When you joined, you all have plenty of time to choose your player. So i really apologize do drag the GW, but already chosen the star player and i am happy to be part of the Underdog:)[/quote']

I don't blame you mate or Venk who has made an error in bidding for a player (I have Pm'ed him) you came in at a minutes notice (as has Hdixit) and if it was not for you three then this GW could have gone to rack and ruin so I for one am happy that things may finally get moving now.

I know its not directed directly to me' date=' but it is indirectly. The reason i didn´t chose the star player, cause when i joined (after several messages from Jkerrs from days ago to yesterday) it was immediately my time to choose the star player and with little time and needed some time to think. I was aware of the rules, discussions, thread and the star players already chosen but didn´t know anything about a social group, per example, where we discuss our transfers. When you joined, you all have plenty of time to choose your player. So i really apologize do drag the GW, but already chosen the star player and i am happy to be part of the Underdog:)[/quote']

It's not directly to you mate directly or indirectly. Your situation is different as you are replacement,so your situation is understandable. We are in one team by the way so why i would blame you :P

whos next now lol:D

Jmagic is next' date=' he should be online at some point as he is in the US so I would assume he could be on anytime.

I am still waiting for managers to send me a list of preferences, if the next 7 to 8 managers can do that then we might actually get somewhere.[/font']

1.Evoked87 - Varane rated (90)

2.Noisy - Neymar rated (92)

3.like_a_boas - Duarte Bernard rated (87)

4.Jkerrs - Reus (92)

5.El Nino - Hazard (92)

6.Closer - El Shaarawy (89)

7.Hancock - Javi Martinez rated (92)

8.Nick Justice - Cristian Tello (87)

9.flynnster88 - Isco (90)

10.Drink - Alaba (91)

11.iAwesome - Wilshere (90)

12.Scrooll - Luiz (91)

13.Jamie_Blooobird - Paulinho (91)

14.Bizness - Gundogan (91)

15.Barakus - Schurrle (91)

16.Veigas - J. Hernandez (91)

17.Qua Lix - De Gea (90)

18.Brunopinto90 - Alba (92)

19.Jmagic93 -

20.Venk.11 -

21.I Mccoll I 93 I -

22.Gozzy -

23.Indgy -

24.Hossam -

25.Dougie House -

26.Andres_EFC -

27.Arfon -

28.Ash -

29.Sunnyskeg -

30.RPR -

31.Patrick.FCB -

32.Rick James -

33.Stevie GI -

34.Stephen MUFC -

35.Hdixit -

36.Husnain -

37.Hazr -

38.Slimey2k7 -

39.Valentia -

40.Ryan987 -

Just putting this up again. Can any managers who are actually keeping up with this thread and are due for there star buy (next 6 or 7 managers) please send me a list of preferences please to try and speed up this process.

just keeping the list on the feed so we know where we are at and who we are waiting for

1.Evoked87 - Varane rated (90)

2.Noisy - Neymar rated (92)

3.like_a_boas - Duarte Bernard rated (87)

4.Jkerrs - Reus (92)

5.El Nino - Hazard (92)

6.Closer - El Shaarawy (89)

7.Hancock - Javi Martinez rated (92)

8.Nick Justice - Cristian Tello (87)

9.flynnster88 - Isco (90)

10.Drink - Alaba (91)

11.iAwesome - Wilshere (90)

12.Scrooll - Luiz (91)

13.Jamie_Blooobird - Paulinho (91)

14.Bizness - Gundogan (91)

15.Barakus - Schurrle (91)

16.Veigas - J. Hernandez (91)

17.Qua Lix - De Gea (90)

18.Brunopinto90 - Alba (92)

19.Jmagic93 - Courtois (90)

20.Venk.11 - Lewandowski (92)

21.I Mccoll I 93 I - Balotelli (90)

22.Gozzy - Mandzukic (91)

23.Indgy - De Sciglio (89)

24.Hossam -

25.Dougie House -

26.Andres_EFC -

27.Arfon -

28.Ash -

29.Sunnyskeg -

30.RPR -

31.Patrick.FCB -

32.Rick James -

33.Stevie GI -

34.Stephen MUFC -

35.Hdixit -

36.Husnain -

37.Hazr -

38.Slimey2k7 -

39.Valentia -

40.Ryan987 -

Just putting this up again. Can any managers who are actually keeping up with this thread and are due for there star buy (next 6 or 7 managers) please send me a list of preferences please to try and speed up this process.

I now have a manager for each division who will do a team and a losers of the turn (for each league game).

I in turn will be listing each game in a new thread and 4 posts will be made (one for each division) listing the games in that division, each manager in there specific league can then predict home win away win or draw, this has been used with great success in other set ups and is the brain wave of a great forumer in Pinkman and I thought it would adda bit of fun to this set up.

It seems that things are now thankfully slowy but surely clicking into place.

Jees sorry I've missed this and not been on much. Delighted to be in with BOA ESPORTE and even happier to be the underdog for "South America". I've struggled to get on all week, so just reading up on the rules. Any chance south america managers can let themselves be known, to talk tactics etc?

I wasn't in the original "underdog" so I'm learning as I'm going...honoured to be here!

And, can anyone give me a brief explanation of the "player pick" please? Have scrolled back through the thread, but a quick explanation would be great

Jees sorry I've missed this. Delighted to be in with BOA ESPORTE and even happier to be the underdog for "South America". I've struggled to get on all week' date=' so just reading up on the rules. Any chance south america managers can let themselves be known, to talk tactics etc?

I wasn't in the original "underdog" so I'm learning as I'm going...honoured to be here!

And, can anyone give me a brief explanation of the "player pick" please? Have scrolled back through the thread, but a quick explanation would be great[/quote']

Hi Dougie, better late than never.

Well basically SM will only allow a manager to buy a player that is rated +10 higher than his squad value. Your squad value is 76 so the highest rated available to you will be 86.

There is a list that was randomly drawn which is the order managers are able to purchase there star pick. The rest of your purchases must be rated lower than your Star pick.

Once every manager has purchased there star pick then AND ONLY THEN can external and internal bids take place.

Jees sorry I've missed this. Delighted to be in with BOA ESPORTE and even happier to be the underdog for "South America". I've struggled to get on all week' date=' so just reading up on the rules. Any chance south america managers can let themselves be known, to talk tactics etc?

And, can anyone give me a brief explanation of the "player pick" please? Have scrolled back through the thread, but a quick explanation would be great[/quote']

Basically, you pick a player when it's your turn in the draw. This player has to be your highest rated player in the team hence 'star player'. His maximum rating is 10+ your average squad rating (as SM will not allow you to purchase players above this rating).