Best EC?

Hyina

Best EC?  

1. 1.

Re: Best EC?

To many 'real legends' in ec-1 for it not to be the best even if the transfer market and forum isn't as active.
Normally I would agree with you Germ but isn't Tom MFC one of those 'legends' (or was) and in 5579 and 7046 he was without doubt one of the most incompetent managers around! Maybe the competition in EC1 isn't as tough as it's made out to be? (other than to get in the thing!)

Normally I would agree with you Germ but isn't Tom MFC one of those 'legends' (or was) and in 5579 and 7046 he was without doubt one of the most incompetent managers around! Maybe the competition in EC1 isn't as tough as it's made out to be? (other than to get in the thing!)

Not saying it's as competitive as the newer ec mentioned but the reason it's the best is simple because winning something in the first ec gc wc means a lot more than some random ec. Tom is one of the nice guys not the greatest in the transfer market and not someone I would put down as a ec-1 legend.

One of the other best things about EC-1 absolutely no cheating.

Not saying it's as competitive as the newer ec mentioned but the reason it's the best is simple because winning something in the first ec gc wc means a lot more than some random ec. Tom is one of the nice guys not the greatest in the transfer market and not someone I would put down as a ec-1 legend.

One of the other best things about EC-1 absolutely no cheating.

How much can it mean though really if it's less competitive?! Doesn't make sense. :confused:

With you on the no cheating though :(

And you're right, Tom is a nice guy and certainly means well :)

How much can it mean though really if it's less competitive?! Doesn't make sense. :confused:

With you on the no cheating though :(

And you're right' date=' Tom is a nice guy and certainly means well :)[/quote']

It's not as competitive in the transfer market for signing up and coming players but the lower divisions do have some star players and it's much harder to sign players in ec-1 of high rating thats only where it lacks in competitiveness the youth player thing.

It's not as competitive in the transfer market for signing up and coming players but the lower divisions do have some star players and it's much harder to sign players in ec-1 of high rating thats only where it lacks in competitiveness the youth player thing.
Don't all 100% filled setups get like that eventually though? That's why many newbies like the new setups, plenty of easy talent to be had.

Out of interest, having never been in EC1, did much of the top talent get concentrated in a few teams near the beginning, or were some teams ruined by people who just didn't stick around, as in GC1, or has it remained spread out amongst all of the teams? And when was there the last new manager blood?

Whilst other GWs will come to prominence ( albeit temporary)' date=' i think EC1 and 106 will always receive their due reverence. [/color']

Don't all 100% filled setups get like that eventually though? That's why many newbies like the new setups' date=' plenty of easy talent to be had.

Out of interest, having never been in EC1, did much of the top talent get concentrated in a few teams near the beginning, or were some teams ruined by people who just didn't stick around, as in GC1, or has it remained spread out amongst all of the teams? And when was there the last new manager blood?[/quote']

I wasn't in it from the beginning but it's clear that one or two teams had the top talent mainly Liverpool manager who's been there since day one. He has/had the Rooney's Ibrahimovich's Buffon ect and is the most successful manager in ec-1 but now his team are ageing pretty fast although still has high rated squad.

The top talent now though is mainly spread throughout division one and two with division 3 and 4 having 87/88/the odd or a couple 89s and maybe 1 two star players.

The last manager to go was at the start of the new season....

Whilst other GWs will come to prominence ( albeit temporary)' date=' i think EC1 and 106 will always receive their due reverence. [/color']

I respect the history...but the later worlds have better managers IMO - which is surely the underlying principle of evolution, if nothing else.

Newer = harder, as competition improves through acquired, collective experience.

You get less chance of building 100 player squads and picking up uncontested risers these days...surely a factor to be considered. Don't you think?

Have a look at opening transfers in ec 28697 - for example. These days people aren't simply rushing in for the 94s like winos in an off license - they are playing the longer, strategic game.

Maybe more than "temporary" - but time is the tester

I respect the history...but the later worlds have better managers IMO - which is surely the underlying principle of evolution' date=' if nothing else.

Newer = harder, as competition improves through acquired, collective experience.

You get less chance of building 100 player squads and picking up uncontested risers these days...surely a factor to be considered. Don't you think?

Have a look at opening transfers in ec 28697 - for example. These days people aren't simply rushing in for the 94s like winos in an off license - they are playing the longer, strategic game.

Maybe more than "temporary" - but time is the tester[/quote']

Better? or better informed?, and whilst i note your reference to 100 player squads i don't recall that happening at all in 106 or EC1 ( although i only had a few seasons there and so i could be wrong). As for spotting talent? let me assure you 106 at its peak was equally as difficult as any more recent GW.

That said you make a good point about the game play itself , but is that all that defines a great GW?. I would venture that ( as John has alluded to) fair play, dedication and a lively, imaginative forum presence marked out by genuine camaraderie and banter is equally important...as you say time is teh tester :)

No offense but stating that newer gameworlds have better managers is ridiculous ec-1 has many of the best managers on the game and thee best manager on the game in TEBTHEREB. Anyway who cares it's a stupid question don't even know why i'm trying to argue whats the best everyone who plays in a forum filled ec is obviously going to vote for that ec whilst ec-1 isn't filled with forumers which is great. And by meaning isnt filled with forumers i mean don't post much or at all but still read it.

English Championship 5579 for me. Could never really get into 106, I enjoyed my time in 7046 with Wolves at the very start but I lost them due to me not playing the game for a while. I also enjoyed EC7345(I think it was), that was very good at the start and I loved my Charlton team in there as I managed to sign some of my favourite players for them, shame it died off after being so promising at the start.