Player Names on the Pitch Display

I would really like to see the players names on the pitch display not shortened.

It looks really ugly when you see J.Paulinh... and Z.Ibrahim... and theres really no need for them to be shortened. Its not like Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink is still playing and his name wont fit on the display...

Instead I vote that on the pitch display only surnames are shown in full (as lets face it how often do you have two players with the same name) as it would visually at lot better, and if on the rare occasion you have two players with the same surname (e.g. javi martinez and inigo martinez) then they have their first name initial show, but only them.

Anyone else agree?

Re: Player Names on the Pitch Display

I would really like to see the players names on the pitch display not shortened.

It looks really ugly when you see J.Paulinh... and Z.Ibrahim... and theres really no need for them to be shortened. Its not like Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink is still playing and his name wont fit on the display...

Instead I vote that on the pitch display only surnames are shown in full (as lets face it how often do you have two players with the same name) as it would visually at lot better' date=' and if on the rare occasion you have two players with the same surname (e.g. javi martinez and inigo martinez) then they have their first name initial show, but only them.

Anyone else agree?[/quote']

sorry, but no. not for me.

still loads of players with long names...Chitchanok XAYSENSOURINTHONE

id rather they be turned off - you can see their shirt number & the lineup list, thats good enough.

yeah i think shortening of names is needed aswell i mean i've got two forwards who even with names shortened they still nearly overlap, also try playing

oxlade-chamberlain on the left wing:eek:, if they didn't shorten his name to get it on full they'd have to start somewhere in the mc position

Ok, lets have a rethink as everyone here seems to have van der Vaart and Oxlade Chamberlin in their squads!

1. Zero need for first names on the pitch dispay, UNLESS your team has two players with the same surname.

2. Player names should only be shortened if its going to overlap with another players.

Can't imagine its too taxing to put into the game but would improve the aesthetics no end.