Sign in to follow this  
matty3098

defender help please!

hi all,

I have just taken over a team, and I have discovered that the team only has 2 first team defenders, subotic and rannochia who are both transfer banned. I have a few youth defenders who are rated 82-85 and I haven't heard of many of them.

I have a budget of 5 million, and I was wondering if you could recommend some defenders I could sign who either are experienced (27+) players who will hold their rating (87+) or some young defenders that will rise.

p.s. I have tried the obvious, such as marquinhos, etc.

cheers guys

Re: defender help please!

GUARÍN, Fredy (27, 89)

CHEDJOU, Aurélian (28, 89)

LUISÃO, Ânderson (32, 90)

They may be out of your price range, however if you sell a player or two they will easily fall within that range :D

I'd recommend you start off by purchasing experienced players who can hold onto their ratings, they will tend to be cheaper :D

Take a look at the free agents, or go search for players between '90-92', sort these players by the teams they play for, if you see a player playing for a team that you do not recognize too well, then they may be external and thus you can part-exchange your less able players for more talented ones :D

GUARÍN' date=' Fredy (27, 89)

CHEDJOU, Aurélian (28, 89)

LUISÃO, Ânderson (32, 90)

They may be out of your price range, however if you sell a player or two they will easily fall within that range :D

I'd recommend you start off by purchasing experienced players who can hold onto their ratings, they will tend to be cheaper :D

Take a look at the free agents, or go search for players between '90-92', sort these players by the teams they play for, if you see a player playing for a team that you do not recognize too well, then they may be external and thus you can part-exchange your less able players for more talented ones :D[/quote']

I agree with this. Your best bet with such a small amount of cash is to find anyone you can sell (or use in a p/e which is no good anymore). If you don't have anyone, or few players, to sell, then a older and cheaper option at an external club will have to do.

In fact, if you only have two defenders (or do you mean two central defenders), than you will have to sell. Sell where you have plenty of options. You should have about 4 CB's in your team at the least. Of a good rating. And older guys who are cheap will do. Try the transfer market, sometimes good players do go cheap.

I agree with this. Your best bet with such a small amount of cash is to find anyone you can sell (or use in a p/e which is no good anymore). If you don't have anyone' date=' or few players, to sell, then a older and cheaper option at an external club will have to do.

In fact, if you only have two defenders (or do you mean two central defenders), than you will have to sell. Sell where you have plenty of options. You should have about 4 CB's in your team at the least. Of a good rating. And older guys who are cheap will do. Try the transfer market, sometimes good players do go cheap.[/quote']

I completely agree, that is your safest bet.

Remember if you are near the end of the season, don't make any 'panic purchases', go to the teams that are positioned first, second and third in division 1, and try to loan 3 good players from each, then use these players to win the few games you have remaining, this is important as the higher your position at the end of the season, the more money you receive :)